Mafia 78: Meta Breaking Mafia 1 - Game over!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Coolbot dude, when you vote for Adel I'll switch my vote too.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Adel »

could someone with an ounce of reason please do a post-by-post comaprison of me and ABR? please? I know I can't win a typing contest against him, and it disturbs me that people like farside are left with the impression that I'm not destroying every case he brings against me. I'm also disturbed that players like Machiavellian-Mafia are concluding that there is no difference between us.

What this town needs is a objective analysis of the evidence and cases produced so far.

The sooner the better, since ABR is sure to bury the evidence I've brought up by posting even more bullying and bombastic posts that only add noise and not information.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:41 pm

You're just blind to your own scumminess. Its O.K. Adel, its just a character flaw.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Unvote, vote: CoolBot
. The last few pages have left me with the impression there may be a link between CoolBot and Albert, and I strongly dislike CoolBot's banging the drums for a claim; claiming is of its very nature a last resort, good sir.

Adel seems pro-town though the unvote is worth noting; Albert's "me or her" thing cuts no ice with me and in fact makes him seem mildly scummier.

Hunch: there is a scum among farside and the farside bandwagon, but probably not more than one.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

wait, farside, what unvote and lack of doing anything are you talking about? Last I checked Adels vote was on ABR, though a post may have gone by when it wasnt...

Anyways, I thought this Adel wagon was just some random thing that ABR pulled our of his ass, I didnt realize it was a retarded ongoing campaign of ruining games without reason. Not only is it worthy of a policy lynch in my opinion, Adels responses basically destroyed anything he was trying to say, as he called momentum stopping scummy, and at the same time was trying to get the game abandoned. Not to mention that the creation of a baseless wagon on Adel totally derails the only activity that we had going at the time. So yeah.
unvote, vote: ABR
I play the games rul gud.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Kison »

Yo!

Name's Kison. I meant to post back sooner, but the site went down in the middle of me writing up my response.

Anywho,
Unvote

Elias : Advocates the Surye wagon and joins it. Notes an ABR<->Surye connection. Later states nothing releveant has happened. Puts off posting content, then later comments on a few players. Votes Adel on page thirteen without giving a reason, "Guys let's lynch Adel."

Alfred B. Spampage : Dislikes Surye wagon. Defends Surye. Attacks/votes Coolbot. Calls for more votes on Coolbot and for a claim. Proceeds to vote Adel for no reason. Hints at being vig, later denies it. Votes Ectomancer. Immediately after, votes Adel. Calls for more votes on Adel.

Camisade : No content till page nine, was on vacation. Thinks nothing relevant has happened by page nine. Later votes ABR without giving a reason on page thirteen.

Coolbot : Votes Surye, simply calling him "twitchy" but not necessarily lynchable. Later demands a roleclaim from him when the wagon is dying down. Continues to demand roleclaim defiantly. Later thinks Rosso is scummy for calling for an Adel wagon without voting(I can see where he's coming from on this one). Still wants a freaking claim from Surye.

Surye : He is fine up until he starts badgering Ectomancer about the improperly attributed OMGUS vote. Continues to claim it was OMGUS even after Adel explained the order of vote placements. Later complains that Ectomancer has too much control of the game(huh?). Vote on Coolbot is fine. Suggesting either Coolbot or MM should be vigged, not so much. Vote on Farside I do not like at all.

FoS : Surye

If I had to pick from these, I'd have to go with
Vote : Coolbot
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:She's doing exactly what she does as scum. Not only this, but she's doing what most players do with me as scum. Knee-jerk reaction, OMGUS, back-peddling, faking emotional flareups, its all black on white.
Adel wrote:
unvote, vote: Albert B. Rampage

he even did us the courtesy of digging his own grave
You'd think that something like this would warrant a vote lasting more than a few hours. It has the classic "A-HA, I GOT YOU NOW SCUMZZOR!" context to it.

As soon as I say "lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong", she immediately backs down because her game is one of survival first and foremost.

Anyone with a meta on her could be sensible to the funny vibes she's putting off in this game.

Look, her accusation of me wanting to lynch her for out of game reasons is utter nonsense.
Why should we trust the meta of a player who has led to her repetitive lynch as town, and led to games lost multiple times?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Also, i dont understand why asking for a claim is THAT scummy.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Kison »

CoolBot[7] (pickemgenius, Machiavellian-Mafia, shaft.ed, ABR, Surye, TSS, Kison)

That's what I got for Coolbot, but I checked rather hastily so I could be wrong. He's already claimed "Townie" I believe. Guardian said 8 votes to lynch, so that'd be L-1.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Surye »

Kison wrote:Surye : He is fine up until he starts badgering Ectomancer about the improperly attributed OMGUS vote. Continues to claim it was OMGUS even after Adel explained the order of vote placements.
Later complains that Ectomancer has too much control of the game(huh?)
. Vote on Coolbot is fine.
Suggesting either Coolbot or MM should be vigged, not so much.
Vote on Farside I do not like at all.

FoS : Surye
Hmm.. Underline is mine where I don't know what he is talking about :/

I don't see where I said anything about ecto having too much control. I may have seemed to imply it or something, but I can't find the post or it's relevance.

And I never suggested that MM should be vigged, you read that wrong, I said that if CB were to be vigged maybe a vote on MM (not a vig) would be better. But in hindsight, I guess I don't know when a vig is a good thing to have? But I also wasn't suggesting a CB vig either, ABR suggested it, I just simply reacted to it, and I never actually unvoted him. So you were wrong on both counts there (though rereading the post I can see how the part about MM could be miss read).

Not even really defending anything there, just curious what you meant on some of the points.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Kison »

Surye wrote:And to justify what I was saying, he's "playing" at having control of this game, that we'll lynch who he wants us to. I found this really suspicious as it allows him to say things with the fall-back of joking.
And yeah, I actually caught the mistake I made in my notes about you saying you wanted MM vigged but apparently I forgot to change it. Regardless I didn't really like the vig directing.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Elias_the_thief wrote:Why should we trust the meta of a player who has led to her repetitive lynch as town, and led to games lost multiple times?
Because its been an entire year since.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count #15

CoolBot[7] (pickemgenius, Machiavellian-Mafia, shaft.ed, Albert, Surye, the silent speaker, Kison)
Albert[4] (camisade, Adel, CoolBot, Elias_the_thief)
farside22[2] (Tarhalindur, Ectomancer)
Adel[1] (farside22)

Not Voting[1]: (Rosso Carne)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Adel »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:Why should we trust the meta of a player who has led to her repetitive lynch as town, and led to games lost multiple times?
Because its been an entire year since.
another lie. one year = six months in ABR world?

how many games have we played in together since the last one? zero.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:02 am

Still wondering why we're lynching coolbot for being slightly claim happy (a pretty small tell imo) and totally ignoring the idiocy of ABR...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:01 pm

Adel and Elias, Sitting in a Tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Because idiocy is not a hangng offense, Elias, whereas pushing people to do what is not in the town's best interests is one. Claiming is not in the town's best interests as long as the claimant has non-claiming options. Most especially so in a meta-breaking game.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Why especially in a meta-breaking game? Scum still have to make up their claim. True, it's easier because we can't rule out roles but that doesn't render claims useless. Scum make mistakes when pressured. I will continue to apply pressure where I feel fit.

Remember, it was ABR who stalled the Surye wagon before it was able to do its job, and it's ABR who is promoting a completely baseless wagon on Adel. When the Adel wagon proved tough, he moved back to me to get a lynch. It looks to me he's protecting Surye and trying to push through any other lynch he can. That's why my vote changed, and that's where it'll stay until he makes a believable claim or he's dead.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Really, Coolbot ? Really ? You'd rather die than vote Adel ? How disappointing.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

CoolBot wrote:Why especially in a meta-breaking game? Scum still have to make up their claim. True, it's easier because we can't rule out roles but that doesn't render claims useless. Scum make mistakes when pressured. I will continue to apply pressure where I feel fit.

Remember, it was ABR who stalled the Surye wagon before it was able to do its job, and it's ABR who is promoting a completely baseless wagon on Adel. When the Adel wagon proved tough, he moved back to me to get a lynch. It looks to me he's protecting Surye and trying to push through any other lynch he can. That's why my vote changed, and that's where it'll stay until he makes a believable claim or he's dead.
So would you rather ABR or Surye claim at this point?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Its really funny because, if he were town, he would rather be lynched than vote for someone that could potentially be scum. Talk about self-destructive behavior.
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by camisade »

Kison wrote:
Camisade : Later votes ABR without giving a reason on page thirteen.
Someone had to start the ABR wagon okay?
Adel wrote: What this town needs is a objective analysis of the evidence and cases produced so far.
I will do this later when I reread the thread and make my first post with actual content. <3
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by camisade »

Ok I lied when I said reread I'll basically be reading it for the first time.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:46 pm

the silent speaker wrote:Because idiocy is not a hangng offense, Elias, whereas pushing people to do what is not in the town's best interests is one. Claiming is not in the town's best interests as long as the claimant has non-claiming options. Most especially so in a meta-breaking game.
Um...so are you telling me that pushing a completely baseless wagon on Adel even when it has completely died down IS in the towns best interests? Are you telling me that suggesting we abandon the game is in the town's best interests? Are you telling me that lying and using shotty logic to push the aforementioned baseless wagon is in the towns best interest? Especially when calling for the Adel lynch derailed what little activity we had and distracted from the wagons at hand? Asking for a claim seems like a VERY small offense when compared to what ABR has exhibited. Not to mention I'd support a policy lynch on ABR for repetitively lynching Adel baselessly in games without regard to alignment or win condition. Coolbot asked
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:49 pm

for a claim when it wasnt too unreasonable. Seeing a wagon that warranted a claim someone die down for no real reason seems to me like a viable reason to call for that claim, because a wagon dying with no specific reasons suggests that its decline had some help from our informed minority.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”