elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.
I never made any judgement on CES's reasons for voting Yos. I do think the two-night-tell is nonsense. I was only commenting on Yos's reaction, which I didn't like. And I do think saying "you're smarter than that" implies the person is acting stupid. It's a slightly disguised insult. And a manipulative way to get somebody off your back.
You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

Vote: elvis_knits
she's been manufacturing cases all game.

Also, I could have sworn Scum was an alt of Sum.
Manufacturing cases all game? O rly?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Claus wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:because if we just ignore the lurkers and let them lurk like you seem to want to do
Yup. Exactly what I said we should do. Nothing like having a normal day with a normal bandwagon and see who does not react to it.
And then do what? Ignore those who don't "react" to it, or pressure lurkers after that?

Are you in favor of pressuring lurkers, or should we let them lurk? You seem like you're trying to have it both ways here.

And when, exactally, did I suggest we shouldn't have normal bandwagons?
Funny how you react to criticisms of your ideas
by attacking people right back.
Ok, either you agree with me that we should pressure lurkers, or you think we should ignore them and let them get away with lurking. There really is no third option here. If you think we shouldn't pressure lurkers, then you need to go back and read this game, right now.

viewtopic.php?t=5279&start=0

That's what happens when the town ignores lurkers, especally in this kind of daykilling game. The scum just all lurk, and they win while the town all kill each other off. That's why I put "nuke all lurkers" in my signature, because after modding that game, I can see the horrible ways that town tend to lose these kind of games when they ignore lurkers.

And I'm not attacking you because you're "disagreeing with me". I gave a pro-town suggestion, and YOU attacked ME for it, remember? I am trying to get the town to act in a way that will help the town win, and you are giving anti-town stratagy advice and attacking me for giving pro-town stratagy advice. So yeah, I'm suspicious of you because of that. ALthough so many people in this game look like scum, it's hard to know where to begin...
So did they choose you as the "active scum" this time?
Oh, so now I'm scum because I'm active. Or am I scum because I'm attacking you? Or am I scum because I'm offering pro-town stratagy advice on how to deal with lurkers?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

elvis_knits wrote: I never made any judgement on CES's reasons for voting Yos. I do think the two-night-tell is nonsense. I was only commenting on Yos's reaction, which I didn't like. And I do think saying "you're smarter than that" implies the person is acting stupid. It's a slightly disguised insult. And a manipulative way to get somebody off your back.
If you think the so-called tell is nonesense, then do you disagree with me that CES is a better player then to be using such nonesense tells?

I might have come off as condecending there; I need to stop doing that in mafia games, it's not helpful, and I apoligise to CES if I offended him. But that's besides the point; the point is that CES is a good player, and he should be trying harder to make a good case instead of spouting nonesense like that; that kind of nonesense case against someone I personally know to be pro-town, coming from a good player like CES, makes me more suspicious of him.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Quagmire »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.

You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

i was going to post this, right after my desire to kill elvis_knits, but i was way too damn lazy. here we go now
vote elvis_knits
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I agree with the above -wagon-.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Quagmire »

Flameaxe wrote:I agree with the above -wagon-.
wait a second
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by skitzer »

Frankly, with my current case on Surye on all, I'd happily take him out for you, because at least a scum would go down with me.

Nabakov: yes, no one wants to die, but good townies should be willing to take lives for the town. You get more information that way.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:Frankly, with my current case on Surye on all, I'd happily take him out for you, because at least a scum would go down with me.

Nabakov: yes, no one wants to die, but good townies should be willing to take lives for the town. You get more information that way.
Interesting, you're completely disregarding the town consensus to take matters into your own hands when only two people have voted me? Where is your strong case against me? I think Yos and CES are much more interesting, and I'm not sure what you're playing at.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by skitzer »

Ah, Surye, but notice how I didn't strike a light.

I just don't think a town member would be scared of dying. Which was proved in the quote on you I made on the last page.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Quagmire wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:I agree with the above -wagon-.
wait a second
Sorry. I only support a quag wagon so we can bus each other all night long.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:Ah, Surye, but notice how I didn't strike a light.

I just don't think a town member would be scared of dying. Which was proved in the quote on you I made on the last page.
I'm not scared of dying, I'm afraid of two towns acting emotionally and rash and killing eachother. How am I not right? Has that not happened 3 times now?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by skitzer »

OK, whatever, but I'lls be watchins you.

The way it seemed in that post was that you were afraid a rash townie would come after you.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:OK, whatever, but I'lls be watchins you.

The way it seemed in that post was that you were afraid a rash townie would come after you.
Me, or any other town. If I am voted, I will comply, but lets not have a 4th rash death is all I meant.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

It was this post that piqued me initially:
elvis_knits wrote:
vote CES

I voted him d1 and still feel he's scummy for this stuff:
CES wrote:I'm actually fine with Greasy Spot DYNAMITING Blazerunner. Or someone else DYNAMITING Blazrunner. As long as it's not me, ofcourse.
CES wrote:I'll dynamite the next person who votes me.
It's just too reckless, and encourages others to do stupid things.

I also am suspicious of pickem. He struck a light D2, saying:
pickemgenius wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
STRIKE A LIGHT

Hello also.
Why?
why not?

it's now or later. and if i do it now i can act later instead of having to do this and waste time....
So this seems like he really wants to dynamite somebody. Which, okay, I can believe. But then he questions ooba, acting like it would be ludicrous for anyone to want to blow themselves up:
pickemgenius wrote:
ooba wrote:
Adel wrote:
ooba wrote: i'd rather not dynamite anyone seeing as i'm town ..
vote: ooba
Why? I'd rather not be chosen to kill someone as I know its a wasted cardflip. However if the town decides i should be the one dynamiting or blown up, I'd do it.
you'd blow yourself up???
It's like he can't believe ooba would want to blow himself up. If pickem really struck a light because he intended to blow himself up, I don't think it would be so hard for him to believe someone else would want to. Makes me think pickem never intended to blow himself up.

I'm also suspicious of skruffs for the stuff I posted yesterday -- trying to say lurkers can't be scum (which is false), and coincidentally including himself in that group.
You essentially accused CES and Pickem of being CES and Pickem and took them far more seriously than they intended to be taken, but I was willing to let it slide considering that I don't know how familiar you are with the two, but your complete reversal on CES (from voting him three times in a row to chainsaw defending him) is very much scummy.

Also, townies should be willing to lay down their lives in the line of duty, but it has to
mean
something. You wouldn't expect somebody to give up fighting a wagon just because townies shouldn't be afraid to die. Why should Surye-town be OK with being pre-emptively blown up by somebody he thinks is town?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by skitzer »

that is true. I guess I overreacted on Surye's post.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

--

Deadline will be ~2nd May.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Dropping the rolleyes point. I read several games with Yos, and what he said was true.

I still think the other points stand, though, and elvis_knits raised another good one.

Surye, what exactly raised your interest in me and/or Yos?
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Dropping the rolleyes point. I read several games with Yos, and what he said was true.
You know, there's something deeply amusing about the idea of you reading through several of my games, counting the the frequency of how often I use a certain emotacon in order to attempt to get an emotocon-meta read of my emotocon usage as scum vs town.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:48 am

Post by skitzer »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Dropping the rolleyes point. I read several games with Yos, and what he said was true.
You know, there's something deeply amusing about the idea of you reading through several of my games, counting the the frequency of how often I use a certain emotacon in order to attempt to get an emotocon-meta read of my emotocon usage as scum vs town.
The above statement is funny and keffed at the same time.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Quagmire »

I will be willing to sacrifice myself to blow up elvis_knits at any time. Should I strike a light now?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quagmire wrote:I will be willing to sacrifice myself to blow up elvis_knits at any time. Should I strike a light now?
That would be extremely unwise and go against your duty as townie and enforcer. Keep your wick in your pants until the town agrees.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh...Elvis Knits does look pretty scummy, Quagmire, but you look pretty town to me, so I don't want you to die today. I'd rather see CES kill her (or her kill CES, whatever), or Claus, or perhaps Skitzer. We kind of sort of get 2 lynches a day here, not one, and we really should try and use both of them to our advantage.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

I think surye should blow up elvis knits.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Vote: Surye

Sorry I'm late.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

elvis_knits wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:

unvote CES; vote Yos
I never made any judgement on CES's reasons for voting Yos. I do think the two-night-tell is nonsense. I was only commenting on Yos's reaction, which I didn't like. And I do think saying "you're smarter than that" implies the person is acting stupid. It's a slightly disguised insult. And a manipulative way to get somebody off your back.

Manufacturing cases all game? O rly?
I like how nabakov and quag ignored my response.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”