Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Um...Why are NOT the CR?

..? Lol...
Are you serious!? :shock:
Well, why aren't you? What reasons are for me not to believe you are the CR, as you asked me for Norinel?
Sorry kiddo, the burden of proof is with you i'm afraid. I've already given the case on Norinel. The fact you werent paying attention is not my problem. Now, you on the other hand have not given a single reason for me to be scum. As i've already said, this is probably LyLo, and as you clearly don't have a good grip on the game atm, its a good idea for you to iron out your suspicions.

BM
I resent that statement. I've been very active in this game throughout, and i've made clear my current suspicions.
I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but this a serious point in the game now. You're a good player, with a good nose for scum. The fact that you arent fully paying attention is really irritating me immensely. :(
Being active is fine, but if you're chasing shadows and not looking at everything, all the time, you miss stuff. You've made your current suspicions clear, but until you actually give some reasoning, you aren't going to persuade anybody, and most importantly, you aren't going to see how ridiculous the assuation you are making, is.

BM
I
AM
paying attention!!!

I'm pretty sure i've explained my reasons throughout, too.

What are you unclear on?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Plus, Norinel was one of the few that wanted to go after the CR yesterday rather than the mafiate.
[sarcasm]yep because his only post today doesnt atall stink of trying to get rid of the mafia goon [/sarcasm]
Norinel wrote: That's actually quite important- two power roles, one mafia, and one CR only leaves one recruitable townie left. So the cult can't be bigger than two people;
still means that lynching the last mafia could be an instant lose, but it could be worse.

BM
No he's saying the exact opposite...
Can you not read?? 0.o
He's saying the last mafia lynch could be loss, which it could, thereby implying we shouldn't attepmt to lynch mafia today, not the opposite, which you are accusing him of implying.
Does your brain stop reading before the end of the sentence. His primary point is that whilst killing the last mafia COULD result in a loss, it could be worse-in other words, he is emphasising the fact that a mafia lynch could still be a valid play.

BM
The "could be worse" bit is refering to the maximum size of the Cult, which is capped at 2, currently, it is noting that we might not be completely screwed if we miss Cult today.
You are twisting his words, and I don't like that
Unfortunately, much as i like your interpretation, it doesnt make sense in context of his wording. I dont want to give an english lecture here, but the connective 'but' with reference to lynching the cult being an instant lose, prescribes that the subsequent comment puts forth the alternative point of view. This being the case, his last comment holds the view that lynching the scumbag isnt so bad, as missing the cult doesn't mean game over.

I'm not quite sure how you worked out that he said:

"The cult cant be more than 2 members, but it could be worse."

rofl :D

With regard to the bit in bold, please dont feed me that BS. There are few things worse than someone trying to patronise you when they are wrong, and you are right. :X

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:And I don't like the way you are saying people are confirmed to be stuff when their not.
I'm getting deja vu. Didnt we have this exact debate in another game?
Oh and wait...i remember now! I was right and you were wrong. You've already given your opinion of me in that game. A meta is there for a reason.
Yes, but you
were
confirmed there.

Norinel is not confirmed as CR here.
He's as confirmed CR here as i was confirmed innocent there. Neither case is 100%, but both are about as damn near certain as you can get. There's not a great deal of point me trying to explain this to you, but as soon as you've answered my original question, i'll re-go over the case on Norinel.

BM
In said game you had a cop result.

Norinel has not had a cult cop come out with a guilty here.
For reasons we both know, that cop result was far from conclusive. In fact, you yourself pointed this out at the time.
It took me a while to realise cos you never explained it for me, but you were clear in either he was telling the truth as cop and you were not mafia, or he was your buddy, who randomly claimed to bus you under absolutley no suspicion. There is no comparison between the two sitautions.
I DID explain it for you. Just as usual, you didnt pay me any heed, until you'd finished going off on one! -.-
Oh and ftr, Mafia is not the only anti-town role on MS.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

..? Lol...
Well, why aren't you? What reasons are for me not to believe you are the CR, as you asked me for Norinel?
Sorry kiddo, the burden of proof is with you i'm afraid. I've already given the case on Norinel. The fact you werent paying attention is not my problem. Now, you on the other hand have not given a single reason for me to be scum. As i've already said, this is probably LyLo, and as you clearly don't have a good grip on the game atm, its a good idea for you to iron out your suspicions.

BM
I resent that statement. I've been very active in this game throughout, and i've made clear my current suspicions.
I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but this a serious point in the game now. You're a good player, with a good nose for scum. The fact that you arent fully paying attention is really irritating me immensely. :(
Being active is fine, but if you're chasing shadows and not looking at everything, all the time, you miss stuff. You've made your current suspicions clear, but until you actually give some reasoning, you aren't going to persuade anybody, and most importantly, you aren't going to see how ridiculous the assuation you are making, is.

BM
I
AM
paying attention!!!

What are you unclear on?
OMFG!!!
It's like i'm dealing with an Amnesiac. 0.o

Here's a little reminder for you:

YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN 1 SINGLE F**KING REASON WHY I WOULD BE CR

Please add this post to your favourites.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm..Ok, I think we should wait for Norinel to come in and confirm what he meant, as clearly the current wording throws up ambiguity. You clearly sound like you actually believe what you say, and are not attepmting to twist his words, as I originally thought.

You're wording is somthing how I interpreted it, yeh, if you replace the but with a so, in this case of wording.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol, loving the new sig :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

..? Lol...

BM

BM
I
AM
paying attention!!!

What are you unclear on?
OMFG!!!
It's like i'm dealing with an Amnesiac. 0.o

Here's a little reminder for you:

YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN 1 SINGLE F**KING REASON WHY I WOULD BE CR

Please add this post to your favourites.

BM
I have!!!

For starters, I said I didn't like the way you claimed cop before hammering FOO into night, I thought it was the actions of a CR trying to gain an extra to enlarge their group.

Done. :P
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, I liked it until you took it back, anyway, which is when I started suspecting you.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, you amde extensive efforts yesterday to get lynched who you thought was the Mafiate, rather than the CR, when I believe the CR was the much larger threat.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:Also, you amde extensive efforts yesterday to get lynched who you thought was the Mafiate, rather than the CR, when I believe the CR was the much larger threat.
Yes. Now why would i do this so openly if i WAS the CR. Wouldnt my pro-cult stance kind of stand out? :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm, that *might* be a point in your favour, but you could still be CR, that doesn't rule you out from it.

Although, this recent banter is actually making me less suspicious of you...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

But if you're innocent, I find it hard thinking of another possible candidate for CR.

I suppose it could be dahen or Oman. If it's Oman he's played quite a good game.

Hopefully a MC will help me.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I've seen things another way, while I was thinking bout the game...I think BM could be spot on and unculted.

I think CR probably went something like:

N1 - GW
N2 - dahen - Fail on power townie
N3 - PP - Fail cos NK

We know it was GW N1...CR wouldn't touch BM N2 after cop claim...N3...PP was under less pressure day 3, and CR probably believed her claim.

I can see a Norinel Cult and Oman Mafiate.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Norinel »

Augh, quote pyramids. To clarify, when I said:
Norinel wrote:That's actually quite important- two power roles, one mafia, and one CR only leaves one recruitable townie left. So the cult can't be bigger than two people; still means that lynching the last mafia could be an instant lose, but it could be worse.
"It could be worse" referred to the overall situation (The maximum cult size), not the specifics of lynching the last mafia.
Battle Mage wrote:Dont be stupid. Norinel is as close to confirmed CR as you're ever likely to get. Did you not READ anything that was discussed yesterday???
Half of the points raised against me were absurd, and I've already addressed the rest. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it true.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Oman »

Sigh. BM went from rational to rediculous in the cause of a day. Guess he's a powerrole.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

So who do you want to lynch today, Norinel?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've changed my mind about dahen claiming next...He's taking too long and I think he's power townie. He can go last.

Norinel
Oman

Claim please.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:38 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

prodding dahen, I dont know how easy it will be to get a replacement at this point in the game..if he doesnt post in 72 hours, I will replace him.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm sure you could get one of the ex-townies to do it. Reyo, for example. Or PP.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by dahen »

I don't understand why I'm getting prodded all the time.
I was away until Monday on a trip, which I told you about. I'm back and I have been reading, but I can't just post every day. Yesterday I looked at the other game I'm in and today I'll look at this one. It's as simple as that.
Mod about cults wrote: You win if the cult is the last remaining faction in the game
We are five people, three teams. Probably like this:
1 Mafia
2 Power roles (me and Xtoxm)
2 Cultists

I happen to be a power role, yes.

Scenario M = P+C ties

If we kill mafia, then I and Xtoxm will vote No lynch every day and tie with the cult.

Scenario CC = P wins

If we kill cult, and mafia kills cult, then PR wins by voting in this situation.
1 mafia
2 PR

Scenario CP = P+C ties or M wins

If we kill cult, then mafia will probably kill me or Xtoxm bringing us to:
1 mafia
1 PR
1 cult

Xtoxm: Our best scenario is to vote cult today and mafia tomorrow. (sole win)
Our second best is to vote mafia today (tie with cult)
Worst is to vote cult today and tomorrow (mafia wins).

I am pretty sure that BM isn't CR, but he can well be cult. I've been thinking Norinel as scum the entire time. I'll post more thoughts in a moment.

And only if you don't believe me I'll fully claim, since I believe you and me to be the only power roles in this game.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:25 am

Post by dahen »

Norinel wrote: still means that lynching the last mafia could be an instant lose
This is incorrect.

BM says Norinel is CR and Oman Mafia. BM claims Townie, which I don't believe for a second. I believe him to be cult and thus Norinel as mafia and Oman as CR.
BM wrote: Norinel is the goon!? I dont remember this (im)possibility being mentioned before. Nor do i see how you can possibly consider it now, seeing as not only is Norinel virtually confirmed CR, but Oman is all but confirmed as the Mafia Goon.
Incorrect.
BM wrote:
Xtoxm wrote: And I don't like the way you are saying people are confirmed to be stuff when their not.
A good townsperson is a person who can explain their views in a way that the other townies will understand and appreciate. You are doing a poor job at the moment, BM. I am much more ready to listen if you explain in a calm way without stating things as obvious. You can play it your way our my way as you wish, but you should realize that I am town and that if you are, your job is to convince me even if it requires a change in play style. That is if you want to win (and is town, which I doubt)
BM wrote: as soon as you've answered my original question, i'll re-go over the case on Norinel
I'm looking forward to it.
Xtoxm wrote: I can see a Norinel Cult and Oman Mafiate.
It's not impossible. But why do you think it's not the other way around?
Norinel wrote: Half of the points raised against me were absurd, and I've already addressed the rest.
Giving up already?
Oman wrote: Sigh. BM went from rational to rediculous in the cause of a day. Guess he's a powerrole.
When your quick-lynch didn't work you try with confusion?
Xtoxm wrote: I've changed my mind about dahen claiming next...He's taking too long and I think he's power townie. He can go last.
Sorry I didn't see that until now. But you didn't get a full claim anyway, so I hope it's ok.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

It's not impossible. But why do you think it's not the other way around?
Because the CR doesn't claim doctor, that's a deathwish.

That and along with the other reasons stated about why I think BM is an unlikely night target, leads me to believe he is indeed a townie, with Oman as mafia and Norinel as the CR.

And dahen - That's fine, and yes I believe you.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, I was under the impression that in a 2 cult - 2 power townies...The cult wins...

CKD, could you clear this up for me?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:54 am

Post by Oman »

They shouldn't should be a tie/double loss at least.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Oman »

Dahen, I believe I know which Powerrole you are. I want to remain mum about it for now.

Next claim Pluz: alternatively
Prod

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”