Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:02 am

Post by zu_Faul »

BlackWolf wrote:
zu_Faul wrote:He chose to attack you, without bringing any reasonable reason.
After a few people pressured him to post
anything
repeatedly, does it really count as opportunistic?
He could have produced original content, which he didn't.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I think there is a lack of original content overall.

Split and Rickeon, can you comment more? Rickeon has commented about one thing, but there are much more things to comment on. Split has been pretty silent overall.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Atticus »

Before I get prodded... I'll say that I'm here. It's school time, though, so I'll probably make a vote later.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
BlackWolf (1): Battousai
Battousai (1): split9102
Rickeon (1): Zu_faul

Not voting (6): silence, Rickeon, BlackWolf, gorillaman, Atticus, Nocmen

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Battousai »

I'm still sticking with my vote on BlackWolf. His vote with contradictions and his excuse afterwards give off a scum vibe to me and I think he is the best bet right now to lynch scum.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Nocmen »

BlackWolf wrote:Responding to prod.
gorillaman wrote:I find split and BlackWolf's lurking very suspicious. ;)
I'm gonna assume you were joking with that statement...since I've actually been busy the last couple days.
zu_Faul wrote:He chose to attack you, without bringing any reasonable reason.
After a few people pressured him to post
anything
repeatedly, does it really count as opportunistic?
There is many things he could at least comment on. Hell, I wouldn't have mind even if he went and completely overanalyzed something small, assuming that it meant that he was giving off his own stuff.

Still want split/rickeon to comment more, I'm going to save my vote unvoted until they get a response, unless I see that pressure vote is needed to get information out.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Atticus »

Vote: Rickeon
, bandwagon!

It is actually THIS post that made me choose him.
Rickeon wrote:Well, he made an obviously ironic statement, then suddenly changed his story to it being a test. It seems like the original post was a bit too obviously ironic to be accidental, but I don't know. I find it hard to believe someone would seriously post something like that an not immediately notice the contradiction.
I see it as a bit bogus to say that he suddenly changed his post to a test. Granted, BlackWolf's lurky style is not something that makes me comfortable, but it seems that there is little he could do suddenly in this manner. However, more than that, you say in your next post that you didn't proofread your post, and your sentences do kind of wander. What's to say BW didn't do the same. Perhaps he was just to apathetic to go back and say that.

Anyway, this post just seems a bit to accusatory and desperate.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Bandwagoning somebody because they don't have any original content seems odd to me...Since you're forcing him to say
anything
, he most likely just went with the most logical reason, which was already discussed. With 8 other people talking about the exact same things, chances are others have already thought of what he wants to say.

And Bat, your case on me at the moment is:
1) Made contradictory post, while fully aware that it was laughably ironic coming from me
2) Gave reason/excuse for previous post
3) Unvote when people react, which shows a want to appease the town
Am I right?
Cause I just wanted to clarify with you first.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Battousai »

BlackWolf wrote:And Bat, your case on me at the moment is:
1) Made contradictory post, while fully aware that it was laughably ironic coming from me
Am I right?
This is coming from your POV, so I have to gather the what I can from my own.

1)You made a contradictory vote
2) Saw people reacting negatively, gave an excuse
3) Said you got reactions and unvoted. The person who you voted for never reacted, and I don't see what kind of reactions you would have expected to get in the first place from the other players.
3b) I gather you unvoted to appease the town
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Nocmen »

Battousai wrote:
BlackWolf wrote:And Bat, your case on me at the moment is:
Am I right?
This is coming from your POV, so I have to gather the what I can from my own.

1)You made a contradictory vote
3) Said you got reactions and unvoted. The person who you voted for never reacted, and I don't see what kind of reactions you would have expected to get in the first place from the other players.
I was waiting for Bat to respond before commenting on this, as I wanted him to actually give unique information and not risk him using my thoughts.

BlackWolf, when did you decide that this was trying to get a reaction? Do you have any proof of a possible hint towards this? Many times breadcrumbs are made towards a pressure/gambit vote, and I would like to see if you have any. Also, why should the rest of us town not vote you for the same reasons that you placed your vote?
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Atticus »

Wouldn't him using your thoughts just be a tad incriminating, though?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Nocmen »

Yes, it would be incriminating. But I still wanted to hear his own other reasons for attacking BlackWolf. Right now I see BlackWolf as somewhat scummy, but not warranting a vote for now.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Atticus »

You see him as a bit scummy.

Can't you forfeit a bit scummy for possibly incriminating? The worst case scenario would have been that Bat still posted his own thoughts. Pah.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:56 am

Post by BlackWolf »

Battousai wrote:1)You made a contradictory vote
Nocmen wrote:BlackWolf, when did you decide that this was trying to get a reaction? Do you have any proof of a possible hint towards this?
I think the best proof of it being a vote for a reaction is when I placed it. Was there any other vote on zu_Faul? No. Was there any chance of
anybody
else voting for zu_Faul? Nope. So, what else could I have been trying to do with that vote?
Battousai wrote:3) Said you got reactions and unvoted. The person who you voted for never reacted, and I don't see what kind of reactions you would have expected to get in the first place from the other players.
I
was
looking for something in zu_Faul's reply, or baring that, some sort of defensive post from somebody else, which would have shown a connection between the two. As it was, I got replies from three other people, before I unvoted, as you pointed out. I unvoted at that point because I felt it was useless to try and get anything more from that pressure vote, since there was no need for zu_Faul to post a defence.
Nocmen wrote:Also, why should the rest of us town not vote you for the same reasons that you placed your vote?
...if you think there's something to gain from that, go ahead. Nothing's stopping you.

Also, other people, please some thoughts? There's been two/three days of posting from only four people...and I think the required activity is a post every two days at least?
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Would it be fair to say that if BlackWolf's town he was the easy target for scum to attack those last couple of pages?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Nocmen »

BlackWolf wrote:
Battousai wrote:1)You made a contradictory vote
Nocmen wrote:BlackWolf, when did you decide that this was trying to get a reaction? Do you have any proof of a possible hint towards this?
I think the best proof of it being a vote for a reaction is when I placed it. Was there any other vote on zu_Faul? No. Was there any chance of
anybody
else voting for zu_Faul? Nope. So, what else could I have been trying to do with that vote?
So wait...every first vote placed on someone is always to get a reaction out of people? Not every time, there are many times where I am sure that the person wants to vote to lynch the other person. I think votes are a very crude way of doing this, as it will more times than not evoke suspicion.
Battousai wrote:3) Said you got reactions and unvoted. The person who you voted for never reacted, and I don't see what kind of reactions you would have expected to get in the first place from the other players.
I
was
looking for something in zu_Faul's reply, or baring that, some sort of defensive post from somebody else, which would have shown a connection between the two. As it was, I got replies from three other people, before I unvoted, as you pointed out. I unvoted at that point because I felt it was useless to try and get anything more from that pressure vote, since there was no need for zu_Faul to post a defence.
I very much enjoy to hear the person I attack thoughts before I actually decide whether I should keep my vote on them or unvote. As mentioned before, you can get information from whether they actually show their own unique thoughts or try to get them off someone else. I personally try to use a bit of both, as sometimes someone will say something much more elegantly than I could actually word it. But if people say all of my thoughts...I must not have been thinking much.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:58 am

Post by BlackWolf »

Nocmen wrote:Not every time, there are many times where I am sure that the person wants to vote to lynch the other person.
True, but when that happens, there's usually a chance of other people voting for you. There was no way for that single vote to lynch zu_Faul, and neither was there a chance of anybody else jumping on and voting him with me, now was there?
Nocmen wrote:I very much enjoy to hear the person I attack thoughts before I actually decide whether I should keep my vote on them or unvote. As mentioned before, you can get information from whether they actually show their own unique thoughts or try to get them off someone else. I personally try to use a bit of both, as sometimes someone will say something much more elegantly than I could actually word it. But if people say all of my thoughts...I must not have been thinking much.
...I actually hadn't thought of that before I unvoted him. I was looking at it differently, as i mentioned in my last post. So that one's my mistake, I guess...
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:23 am

Post by split9102 »

gorillaman wrote:I find split and BlackWolf's lurking very suspicious. ;)
I don't have good computer access. First, i didn't have any computer access. Then, i had a day where i had access. Then for the past 2 days, I had a boy scout campout.
Ferrets rule! Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Battousai »

gorillaman wrote:Would it be fair to say that if BlackWolf's town he was the easy target for scum to attack those last couple of pages?
Actually, split, zu_faul, and/or rickeon would be the easiest to attack for them not posting much lately. The ones who can't defend themselves make easier targets, IMHO.

And if you are directing that quote to my posts and possibly Nocmen's, then perhaps you can give us someone else to "attack." Let's see, there's the lurkers and then there's BW.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Defensive again, you see. Although, I just did some of the hated metaing and that could be a bit of a town tell for you - you seem more comfortable as scum.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Battousai wrote:
gorillaman wrote:Would it be fair to say that if BlackWolf's town he was the easy target for scum to attack those last couple of pages?
Actually, split, zu_faul, and/or rickeon would be the easiest to attack for them not posting much lately. The ones who can't defend themselves make easier targets, IMHO.

And if you are directing that quote to my posts and possibly Nocmen's, then perhaps you can give us someone else to "attack." Let's see, there's the lurkers and then there's BW.
So you are saying that you want to attack people, and constantly have someone to do that to. What do you mean by "attack", theres a difference between attacking and trying to show someone is scum.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:54 am

Post by bird1111 »

Will see who needs prodding soon.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:51 am

Post by bird1111 »

Zu_faul, silence, and Rickeon prodded.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 am

Post by zu_Faul »

FOS: Nocmen, Battousai
for throwing BS logic at BlackWolf.
Battousai wrote:Actually, split, zu_faul, and/or rickeon would be the easiest to attack for them not posting much lately. The ones who can't defend themselves make easier targets, IMHO
Not necessarily. I was here for example, but I didn't post yet because I originally waited for Rickeon's reply, iwthout noticing how much time passed since my last post.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Battousai »

By attack, I was using the words gorillaman used.

Gorilla:
Defensive again, you see. Although, I just did some of the hated metaing and that could be a bit of a town tell for you - you seem more comfortable as scum.
I actually do prefer to be scum. I've been trying out different strategies as town, and this game I'm being more aggressive than I normally am, especially when Im scum.

Zu:
Not necessarily. I was here for example, but I didn't post yet because I originally waited for Rickeon's reply, iwthout noticing how much time passed since my last post.
You should have posted anyways to help keep the game moving at a faster pace.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”