Mafia 74: Minimally Flavoured - Game over!

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Well, since I don't have the ability to roleblock anyone, Panzer, that's not what happened.

So are you deliberately lying, or just going with your gut and saying whatever comes to mind?

Can you explain why you're so fixated on me?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Rishi »

Yeah, Panz, how do you know you were specifically roleblocked by Bookitty?

There's likely a roleblocker in this game, because of all the "No results" that came out of the cop investigations. I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the roleblocker is Mafia-aligned (with all that "Mafia goon" stuff... and why would a pro-town player block the known cop?)
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Rishi wrote:Only one kill last night. Perhaps one scum group is eliminated?
Are you suggesting that one scumgroup was just a pair of goons? I've never seen that before, and I doubt it's happening here.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:57 am

Bookitty wrote:So are you deliberately lying, or just going with your gut and saying whatever comes to mind?
Either way...

I wasn't believing the claim much yesterday, why would he know who roleblocked him?

vote: Panzer
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:24 am

Post by xyzzy »

Agreed.

Vote: Panzer
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:43 am

Post by vollkan »

Panzer wrote: yes.. i was blocked by Bookitty
Please explain.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by PJ. »

I just know. Its gotta be.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Bookitty »

DESPITE his weird and unsupported tunnelling on me, I still think Panzer is town.

I don't think he is scum with Egruntz, because he went after Egruntz pretty hard. That's not as big a tell as it might be with two scumteams, because I doubt the scum knew there were two scumteams to start with. So that could have been bussing, but I do not think it was.

And I'm sure he's not scum on Snaps' team, because he was pushing a case against Snaps nearly from the beginning of that wagon. And by that time everyone knew there were two scumteams.

So for those who are voting Panzer, and disbelieve his claim, which team do you think he's on? And why?

@Panzer: Your gut STILL sucks.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Rishi »

I also believe Panz is town. I stated on Day Four that I believed his claim and I have no reason to disbelieve it now.

I really don't like how evasive Panz is being today though.

Also, curious about a rules qusetion: if Panz used his second shot and he was roleblocked, does he get his shot back?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:40 am

Bookitty wrote:And I'm sure he's not scum on Snaps' team, because he was pushing a case against Snaps nearly from the beginning of that wagon.
So you're saying that Panzer could not bus aggressively? I've been bus'ed quite specularly by buddies in the past myself, so maybe I'm a little biased.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Bookitty »

In a game with two scumteams, what is the benefit to bussing, aggressively or not?

It seems to go against the primary win condition, to give up one of your own teammates. Especially since Snaps would be the second member of that team to go, making a win nearly impossible for that team.

It makes more sense to look at the people who were offwagon on the Snaps lynch, or who pushed back against it (I would fall into that category) than to look at someone who pushed the wagon from the start.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Rishi »

Bookitty wrote: It makes more sense to look at the people who were offwagon on the Snaps lynch, or who pushed back against it (I would fall into that category) than to look at someone who pushed the wagon from the start.
I think the only living player not on the lynch was Toaster Strudel. I don't know if I buy TS as Snaps' partner. I'd have to do another read on him.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Rishi »

Sorry for the double post. I also noticed, looking back, that Phate put another vote on Snaps in twilight. What say you, Phate?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Phate has been prodded.
I play the games rul gud.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:42 am

Post by PJ. »

Unvote
I need to read.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:36 am

Post by vollkan »

panzer wrote: I just know. Its gotta be.
Bravo. You earn a *headdesk*
Boo wrote: In a game with two scumteams, what is the benefit to bussing, aggressively or not?
:lol: Have a look at my play in Stargate SG-1 mafia and you will see the potential boons in bussing in multi-scumgroup games. If you are able to hunt down the other scumteam AND bus against your own, it is a potently effective town-tell.

Indeed, there is something to be said for the argument that the very fact that bussing poses more risks in a multi-scumgroup game makes it more rewarding if done well, because most people will take
exactly
you are taking now Bookitty.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:37 am

Post by vollkan »

EWBOP:

The necessary addition to the sentence is bolded in
Vollkan wrote: Indeed, there is something to be said for the argument that the very fact that bussing poses more risks in a multi-scumgroup game makes it more rewarding if done well, because most people will take
exactly
the position
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Bookitty »

vollkan wrote:Indeed, there is something to be said for the argument that the very fact that bussing poses more risks in a multi-scumgroup game makes it more rewarding
if done well
, because most people will take
exactly
(bolding mine)

Is it your argument, Vollkan, that Panzer is doing it well? I have not regarded his play in that light in this game.

While I fully believe you are capable of fooling me in that way, I don't think Panzer could do the same.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 am

Post by vollkan »

Bookitty wrote:
vollkan wrote:Indeed, there is something to be said for the argument that the very fact that bussing poses more risks in a multi-scumgroup game makes it more rewarding
if done well
, because most people will take
exactly
(bolding mine)

Is it your argument, Vollkan, that Panzer is doing it well? I have not regarded his play in that light in this game.

While I fully believe you are capable of fooling me in that way, I don't think Panzer could do the same.
:lol: Thanks for the kind words. I don't know enough about Panzer to make that sort of a judgment. I was just making a general theory point that such bussing can be highly effective if you get it right.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I just know. Its gotta be.
Feels like backpedaling. The way he worded it earlier suggests that he knew 100%, without a doubt, and this is more like, "there's no way it can't be!"

Bussing is a risky strategy regardless of how many scumgroups there are, and the outcome is basically the same, unless, say, people decide that your buddy is scum with the
other
group.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Pickemgenius replaces Phate, effective immediately.
I play the games rul gud.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

so i hear some asshat replaced into this game?

amirite?

i'll read this bitch later tonight.

so umm.... hello everyone.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

so tomorrow.

sorry, got had to play FLAY in quadradius and scabble, then write a lynch scene for bampeg.

long fucking night.

atleast something tomorrow!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

INTERACTIONS BETWEEN A KNOWN DEAD SCUM, AND THE CURRENT PLAYERS. PART ONE.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Snaps_the_Pirate wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:egruntz is trying very hard to be helpful to the town.
Sometimes a player that appears to be trying too hard to help the town, actually
is
trying to help the town. I get the feeling this is the case with Egruntz. There has been much make of his seeming "newness", yet he tells us he has played before. Mafia playing up newbie tells to gain a bit of FoI is ploy that has been used before.

Currently my highest suspicions are Disciple Slayer and Egruntz.
So in summary: You think egruntz really is trying to help the town, but you also think he might be mafia.
weak attack on snaps (buddy of him) *note to look for more of similiar*

Xylthixlm wrote:The current discussion is going in circles, I hope all the lurkers are going to post in the next day or two. Now, my impressions.

egruntz: Raising nolynch day 1 is a newbie tell. Deliberately giving off newbie tells when you aren't a newbie is a scum tactic. Getting all defensive about it is just weird.

Disciple Slayer: Shouldn't be in 8 games if he's not going to actively participate in all of them. Lurking is a scum tactic, and I accept no excuses for it.

Mills: Seems townish. I don't see the case against it, really. (And Mills? You need an avatar and gender icon, please, or I'll keep calling you "it".)

Snaps_the_Pirate: More thinking, less typing, please. I can't find your actual ideas, especially when they change halfway through the post.

The Fonz: Seems to know what he's doing. Amount of contribution is positive for the game. Vote is in the wrong place though.

Bookitty: Same as The Fonz.

I will be happy voting either egruntz or Disciple Slayer; I'm on DS now because he has the bigger bandwagon.

Xylthixlm wrote:Panzerjager, you haven't left an impression yet.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Bookitty wrote:What do you think of the inconsistencies in Mills' reactions that I pointed out earlier?
I don't see them.
Xylthixlm wrote:I did a reread of the last few pages, with notes.

My read of Mills went from protown to undecided in the last 3 pages. His appeals to emotion and personal attacks aren't helpful.

Mills's unvote was unnecessary. Disciple Slayer was only at 5 by my count. It's better to keep the pressure.

Eteocles, you'd better read the whole game. Disciple Slayer dug you a very big hole.

hasdgfas, were you voting Disciple Slayer because he's an idiot or because he was scummy? If the first, why? If the second, why unvote?

Phate, I can't figure out what post 307 is referencing. Maybe you meant Mills's unvote but you responded to that in post 300. Explain.

Bookitty claims she didn't think egruntz was scum when she voted him, but at the time she called has actions "scummy". Not a contradiction, but it makes me suspicious. She later threatened to vote Mills or Disciple Slayer for reasons unrelated to scumminess in post 136.

I still don't understand the reason for Bookitty's attack on Mills in post 260. There's a lot of words, but it comes down to "Something isn't adding up here." The defensive overreaction only came after Bookitty's attack.
Xylthixlm wrote:Panzerjager has now gone from FOSing everyone on DS to calling DS 5th scummiest and back.

I also notice she didn't mention the possibility of a serial killer, despite bringing it up earlier.

Something isn't adding up here.
FOS: Panzerjager

PANZER is mentioned by Xylthixlm only three other times before this: one mentioning he hasn't left an impression
one saying happy scumday
one answering his question about Slayer. and then now...

Then XY goes on a mini attack RIGHT BEFORE DEADLINE, but the attack is a weak one(basically is none).

And then finally goes on to explain one of his people to look at the next day is panzer(and others who are dead).

TOASTER STRUDEL WAS NEVER MENTIONED ONCE BY XY.

BOOKITTY HAD A "SAME AS FONZ" in the above analysis by XY. Going after Panzer for his vote on Bookitty for an "untrue reason"
Answering books question about mills.
In XY's second little evaluation of players, begins to question Bookitty a little bit.A weak attack.

XYZZY/TDP WAS NEVER MENTIONED ONCE BY XY.
VOLLKAN/PATCH WAS NEVER MENTIONED ONCE BY XY.
Rishi: Asks a question to him...

So my best guess atm is that Panzer or Book would be with XY. I don't see XY totally ignoring a few players and being scum with them... although it's possible.

Totally nothing definitive(i've got everyone here, and the other dead scum to look at still), this is just a first glance at interactions with a known dead scum.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Rishi »

pickemgenius wrote:TOASTER STRUDEL WAS NEVER MENTIONED ONCE BY XY.
Truedat, but TS's predecessor, liamcool, was mentioned by Xyl and even got voted by him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”