Newbie 588 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:32 am

Post by goborage »

Answer my questions please:

@ Grum: Why would you assume we have a doctor and a cop?

@ everyone: In order to promote discussion I think we should all post the most suspicious people on our lists and the reasons for them.

Official Vote Count

Abstract Actuary - 1 (goborage)
Grum - 1 (rolandofthewhite)

Not Voting - 6 (Abstract Actuary, camisade, Cat_Killer, Dave, Grum, The World No.1 Noob)

5 to Lynch
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:47 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

goborage wrote:@ everyone: In order to promote discussion I think we should all post the most suspicious people on our lists and the reasons for them.
Sounds good to me.

1. Grum
2. camisade
3. Dave
4. gorborage
5. Abstract Actuary
6. Cat_Killer
7. The World No.1 Noob
8. rolandofthewhite
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:48 am

Oh, and I'll get the reasonings up later.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Grum »

@ goborage because for the sake of my sanity I would like to think we do. does this really matter? if so why?

@ roland why are you so suspicious of me? aside from me being confusing...
At all times I are confusing... Is my hobby..
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

Goborage, I'll post my list up as soon as I have an idea of who I'm suspicous of.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Dave
Dave
Townie
Dave
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Dave »

The World No.1 Noob wrote:Goborage, I'll post my list up as soon as I have an idea of who I'm suspicous of.
Samr with me. I will re read and post later.
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:40 am

Post by camisade »

I'll do a list later
goborage wrote: Am I obliged to vote if throw out FoSs? To me FoSs are just a way of getting people to post.
I was really just asking if you're so suspicious of him, why not vote?
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:15 am

Post by goborage »

I'm not particularly suspicious of Grum. I've come to the conclusion that he's either newb town or retarded scum. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's newb town.
Cat_Killer
Cat_Killer
Townie
Cat_Killer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Cat_Killer »

Hey: back from holiday and totally ill. At first catch-up reading I think that Grum is looking scummy, although I think it could be bacause of his bad grammar and over-the-top reaction to being corrected on it, which ticks me off. I think No. 1 noob is nooby, not scummy, despite the hammer, or perhaps becuase of it: if he were scum, he wouldn't do something that looks that scummy. (I know this is somewhat circular logic, but I'm ill, and so it makes sense to me).

No-one else has made much of an impression, and so I will re-read the thread later to get any impressions I've missed

I will try to make a proper post tonight with a list of my top suspicions and proofs, but it might wait untill tomorrow or tuesday, as I'm ill and I start back at college tomorrow, so It's a big day.
Going on holiday from the 12th to the 18th of April. It's Mai Birthday!
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Grum »

Internet has been down and it looks like I missed very little. I'm going to try and be adult here with out getting mad. Could you please correct my grammar if it is too bad for you to understand at times? PM me if you can, I'm not sure if thats illegal due to mafia rules I have missed.

I wish to apologize for my previous behavior. I'm sorry.
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:59 pm

wow quick to apologize, not band wagoning or anything but that's mafiaish
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

The World No.1 Noob wrote:
Wow, quick to jump on anything done by the town's top suspect. Not bandwagoning or anything, but that's mafiaish.
Cat_Killer
Cat_Killer
Townie
Cat_Killer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Cat_Killer »

Abstract Actuary wrote:
The World No.1 Noob wrote:
Wow, quick to jump on anything done by the town's top suspect. Not bandwagoning or anything, but that's mafiaish.
Wow, quick to jump on ratting on the noobiest player! Not bandwagoning or anything, but that's mafiaish!

Okay, I don't mean it, sorry, but I just had to :D

On a more seroius note, have just printed off the topic, and will be reading it tonight, posting properly tomorrow.
Going on holiday from the 12th to the 18th of April. It's Mai Birthday!
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 am

Ok, here's my list in order of most to least suspicous:

Camiade
Abstract Actuary
Dave
Grum

The others don't seem suspicous at all so like its kinda pointless putting them in order.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:49 am

actually i change my mind, here's the list again

Abstract Actuary
Grum
Camisade
Dave
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:51 am

wait no, ahh can I just say that I just suspect these 4 people? because I'm really having a hard time putting them in order

Abstract Actuary, Grum, Camisade, Dave
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 am

Post by goborage »

Interesting list. Can you explain why these people are on it?
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:42 am

Well for Dave I Dave I agree with RTW's statement earlier - He seems to be popping in when he's needed and then disappearing. Also, a really exuberant reaction (e.g. "Awesome") to something that is beneficial to the town (such as a Mafia lynch or no kill at night) is sometimes an example of Mafia trying to act like townspeople, especially among new people who don't know any better. Then again, he wasn't on the Mafiamurkrow wagon (or any wagon), which makes me wonder if he's trying to fade into the background.

For Grum well its really only because of this post here
i thinks hes saying that if mafia claim doc and the doc claims doc then they will both be targeted by town for lynching and if the doc shows up as doc when lynched then the fake is shown as just that... fake. then town lynches the fake. he then asks is it worth the docs death for one mafias or is it not.
the answer is usually no...
the evidence is clear last night the doc saved some one for all you know he/she saved you... what your asking makes you a likely target however as it seems your interest in the doc is only because you might be it.
if thats the case you have already made yourself clear as a doc yourself wondering if you should reveal yourself as doc... but then if you claim it some one else might say their the doc... so you best hope your right about that question... why cuz you practically just did state it... IMO anyways correct me if I'm wrong...
The first bit was fine but the second half of the post came out of know where (wait does anyone else think that I was hinting at myself being doc at all) I wasn't at all hinting at myself being a doctor, but then again he might just be trying to catch mafia so I'm not overly suspicous.

AA because of the incident earlier of what goborage noticed that he made a whole wall of quotes that pointed towards marf being suspicous but didn't vote for her himself and then later said he wasn't suspicous of her at all.

Camisade I got to keep reading, he's just seems really smart and experienced which is partially the reason I voted with him in the first day, (I do still have to defend his vote because I think its not totally illogical to lynch someone who's not helping to catch mafia and causing the rest of the town to be confused) but he hasn't helped to catch mafia himself and he's been confusing us in a very suttle way. As i said I need to re-read because the reasoning I have on Camisade is totally random.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Grum »

wow is it just me or did #1 just get really experienced out of nowhere? nice deducting skills IMO... well I'll have to reread and rethink things here because my first list was all a hunch... post back later...
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by camisade »

The World No.1 Noob wrote:Well for Dave I Dave I agree with RTW's statement earlier - He seems to be popping in when he's needed and then disappearing. Also, a really exuberant reaction (e.g. "Awesome") to something that is beneficial to the town (such as a Mafia lynch or no kill at night) is sometimes an example of Mafia trying to act like townspeople, especially among new people who don't know any better. Then again, he wasn't on the Mafiamurkrow wagon (or any wagon), which makes me wonder if he's trying to fade into the background.
I agree that Dave only seems to pop in like Lassie when his name is called. IMO the "Awesome" reaction isn't really a scum tell. The same reaction could be a townie who doesn't know better. And "trying to fade into the background?" Please, he already has. :P
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by goborage »

camisade wrote:
The World No.1 Noob wrote:Well for Dave I Dave I agree with RTW's statement earlier - He seems to be popping in when he's needed and then disappearing. Also, a really exuberant reaction (e.g. "Awesome") to something that is beneficial to the town (such as a Mafia lynch or no kill at night) is sometimes an example of Mafia trying to act like townspeople, especially among new people who don't know any better. Then again, he wasn't on the Mafiamurkrow wagon (or any wagon), which makes me wonder if he's trying to fade into the background.
I agree that Dave only seems to pop in like Lassie when his name is called. IMO the "Awesome" reaction isn't really a scum tell. The same reaction could be a townie who doesn't know better. And "trying to fade into the background?" Please, he already has. :P
I think it's interesting that you'd defend Dave and not yourself. I'm not entirely sure what, if anything, to make of this.

Besides that, I agree with #1noob when he says you aren't scum-hunting. Do you have anything to say about this? And where's that list you said you'd make?
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:19 am

Grum wrote:@ roland why are you so suspicious of me? aside from me being confusing...
I already posted my reasoning on this along with my vote, I think.

Still not a whole lot of content from Dave, which is not-so-cool. And agreeance with goborage on the subject of camisade having nothing to say to defend himself, but is happy to post a defense for Dave.

Other than that, I have nothing at this point. Grum is scum! :D

[/insomnia]
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

The World No.1 Noob wrote:AA because of the incident earlier of what goborage noticed that he made a whole wall of quotes that pointed towards marf being suspicous but didn't vote for her himself and then later said he wasn't suspicous of her at all.
Please reread the post and my responses to goborage. Especially the original post. I was against a quicklynch of Mafiamurkrow, encouraged her to claim and was warning people not to hammer until a claim came.

She had gone to L-1 and no one seemed to even notice. In fact, it would be in the mafia's best interest to not point out the situation in the hope that a noob town (perhaps the World's #1) would come along and vote for the popular target not realizing they just dropped the hammer.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:50 am

Post by goborage »

Abstract Actuary wrote: And all Mafiamurkrow has to say is . . .
Mafiamurkrow wrote:Huh...erm,
vote: no lynch.
I have no leads and no idea otherwise, so I can't really lynch anyone.
Seems like it could be scum saying "I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail."
[quote="AA]Mafiamurkrow had acted strangely, but nothing to make me think she was scum.[/quote]

I still think there is a contradiction between these two posts that you have not adequately explained.

Anyways this thread is way too inactive. Where are those lists everyone said they'd make?

mod
: Can you prod Dave? He hasn't posted since Saturday.
Done - Vel
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:01 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Folks, don't make me deadline this game again - the activity level is horrible. Please pick it up a bit
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”