Newbie 595 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 am

Post by q21 »

Litral wrote:Good.

unvote

SA, unvote. I think that's all I need to see now. T'was a gambit and I think it failed, because I don't want to leave for 10 hours only to find myself lynched.

Let me explain myself. Voting oneself is in most cases not a good strategy. The only possible good that will come of it is time saved because you don't have to give any arguments, but then the town loses 2 people (most likely).

Let's see what one of us getting himself lynched will do: the other will be lynched. However, this is only good because if one of us believes the other to be so guilty that no other person is anywhere close. The only logical step is to give arguments, then; getting lynched only proves that one of us is a townie, it doesn't prove that one of us is right, or that the other must be scum.

Being lynched as a town doesn't prove you right in any way whatsoever, because townies don't have more information.

However. This situation is perfect for scum. The situation was that both of us will be lynched in Day 2 and Day 3 - a free ticket to the endgame for the scum if it's not either of us. This is very likely - I wouldn't put Muerrto's possibility of being scum above 25% (still high, but much lower than everyone else's combined). This situation is perfect for scum to take advantage of.

Thus, whomever went with this strategy would've been put under extreme suspicion. I tried to restart the strategy just to get the scum to go along with it. No one actually did. But for the first one:
q21 wrote: I agree that you idea is essentially sound. BUT I don't want to go into day 3 with some people having hardly checked in, let alone contributed. If massive also agrees I would probably go through with it.
FoS: q21
for now.

q21, I hope to see an argument why the strategy is good. You have said that:
q21 wrote: In essence I agree with Muerrto that should he die and come up innocent it would big finger pointing your (Litral's) way.
This is true, very true. This, however, is not "good for the town", because if you think I'm scum, you should actually lynch me today.

I have given my read in that very long post at the beginning of the day. There is nothing to add except suspicion for q21. However, I suspect this is a perfect case of "town tearing itself up by posting". I will not be voting until everyone posts.

I'm actually also surprised Walnut's town... okay, it's not good to guess what the scum thinking, but since this is a newbie game lemee share my thoughts: I think the scum got cop reads out of his play; also, no doc would try to save him because he was slightly suspicious.

I guess I'm happy that Muerrto thinks I'm only playing poorly if I'm scum. That is true. If I were scum clinging on would be bad play. I would've disappeared altogether.
Did you not read the rest of that second post you quoted from? Here I'll quote it for you:
q21 wrote:
Litral wrote:Ever heard of sarcasm? Is it not permitted in these forums? Is it necessary for you to continue with the ad hominem attacks? I would argue that you are childish for being so impatient and willing to rely on the "I have more experience" mentality. But let's leave that until later.

Again, q21, please explain why you think this is a good strategy.
Okay Litral, I think you look most guilty as things stand at the moment. In essence I agree with Muerrto that should he die and come up innocent it would big finger pointing your way. I did not agree that his plan should be carried out straight away, though, and did not vote for him, neither will I vote for you yet.

As I have said before, I want to see posting from the other four players. While I do suspect you I know that there is a possibility that I'm wrong, but it is hard to tell if others don't post. Our scum may actually be lurking - waiting for you and Muerrto to blow each other up. For this reason I am opposed to lynching
anyone
before we have decent day 2 contribution from everyone.

MOD
I have to second the motion that you prod starkmoon.
I thought it was implicit from the fact that I stated that I suspect you most that I'd rather lynch you. I never said that carrying out that strategy then and there was good - actually I think I said that lynching either of you before others contributed would be bad... yep, I did. I did say in an earlier post that if some of the other ICs arrived and agreed I'd probably go along with it. I'd still like to know what the other ICs think of the strategy.

In answer, no I will not offer an explanation as to why I think the strategy is good, I don't really. I've agreed that the confirmed innocence of one of yourself or Muerrto would point at the other. I have never agreed that we should just lynch one of you straight away to find out. If the day progresses without anyone else looking scummy then it possibly becomes an option... but not yet.

On a completely different note:
snafoo wrote:
Litral wrote:
@starkmoon, snafoo and massive: Post please, kthxbai.

@snafoo: Note that your "pairing argument" no longer works in incriminating massive. I'd love to see another post carefully analyzing everyone's posts.
I surely will, need some time to read through the recent arguments first though.
Where are the posts you've promised us.

Official Vote Count

Not Voting - 6 (q21, Litral, massive, snafoo, starkmoon, Super Archivist)

4 to Lynch
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Litral »

@q21: To be more precise, you said that if massive agreed, you would probably go along with it. That is what drew my suspicion.

Actually, the confirmed innocence of one of us will only reduce the list of players, and prove that the one who was lynched had no ulterior motives when pointing at each other (which one should try to discern by reading the arguments). It should not actually increase the value and veracity of our arguments.

But for now, I do suspect this is a case of town tearing itself up.

@snafoo: Yes, we demand possssts.

@SA: Sorry to be so confusing.

@starkmoon:
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Starkmoon has been prodded
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:03 am

Post by starkmoon »

Have been reading this one printed out while in bed.. (I am still pretty sick)

So far the argument between litral and Muerrto has been pretty much the most interesting. I am leaning towards a vote for Litral. I honestly cannot be sat at the pc for more than an hour or so at the moment, so I will post more thoughts when I am able to sit here.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Muerrto »

A check in is all we needed. Get better and come back. Sorry you're having such a hard time.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:56 am

Post by q21 »

Maybe its because its weekend. Maybe its because people are getting tired of the game. Maybe its because Muerrto and Litral have burn each other out and without them nothing seems to happen in this game. Whatever the reason this thread seems to have died... which is sad because with a scum lynch on day one we're doing really well.

Starkmoon - its good to know that you are paying attention to the game. If you're sick we don't expect you to sit in front of the computer for hours, but please post every now and then to tell that you're still alive and what you're thinking.

Massive has said that he can't get to a computer on weekends which is fair enough so I await his thoughts on monday. As for snafoo and SA, you've been almost silent all day. You promised us posts... where are they?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Muerrto »

Well, Snafoo and SA both posted on friday. The thread always dies on the weekends sadly. Snafoo hasn't said anything really today and SA jumped on Litral too quick IMO then jumped back off but still didn't actually say anything. That was weird.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Muerrto »

SA also came out first thing and said Massive and Snafoo are suspiscious because they didn't vote Mike which is WIFOM. I'm gonna do a re-read on SA.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:21 am

Post by q21 »

Super Archivist wrote:Hello q21! Thanks for making this game interesting again!

I remember being fairly suspicious of Walnut around page two, but not so much recently.
Of course, you're not cleared from suspicion either...

I honestly don't have much to say at this point. You're all too hardcore at post analysis for me. o_o
Add to that this post which basically says he's going to sit back and wait for others to do the work for him. Lazy? Scum not wanting to make a mistake in supposed scum hunting? I'm not sure.

I still like Litral better.

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Muerrto »

Same here but I have to assume Litral's town for now because if he is and is killed I'll probably be killed tomorrow and I know I'm town.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Super Archivist »

Muerrto, can you please elaborate on how I "jumped on Litral too quick IMO then jumped back off"?

I haven't posted today because I haven't had anything to say... and neither has anyone else until now, apparently. I think we're all just waiting for snafoo, massive and starkmoon to come back into the game.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:52 am

Post by q21 »

When I said today I meant day 2... not sunday and that was more aimed at snafoo who's only post on day 2 is a promise to post more...

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Muerrto »

Elaborate? Um..
Super Archivist wrote:So now Litral wants us to kill him too!? What's up with you people...?

Assuming you're both townies, if we lynch both of you, we'll still have 4 pro-town players, and if either of you is mafia, we win. Might as well give it a try, I guess. =/

Vote: Litral

But with you guys dead, the game will kinda die too, since you two post the most...
Super Archivist wrote:Wait, so we're not doing the "lynch Litral and Muerrto" thing anymore? Whatever.... :roll:

Unvote
Didn't vote you for it, just said it was weird.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:26 am

Yeah... Firstly, as you pointed out, I made a mistake in thinking that there would be 4 townies left. And then Litral explained his intentions in post 197. Also, that plan (lynching Muerrto and Litral) was pretty reckless, and probably shouldn't be done unless we have no other leads.
I'm still more suspicious of snafoo and massive, but like Muerrto said, it's pretty WIFOM. I'd like to see them post more, regardless.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Muerrto »

Yeah, and sadly Starkmoon could be scum too since she's posted like twice and there's no way we'd know. That's a little scary too.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:40 am

That's true... She could just be pretending to be sick as part of an EPIC STRATEGY. o_o
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Litral »

@SA: Never think that of people.

Also, just to make sure, if I am lynched, and anyone uses the "Muerrto pointed his finger at Litral so he's obvscum" reason to vote him, in whatever wording, then that person is very likely to be scum.

I did expect to be lynched before the day began - trying to replace Mike was a bad idea and is definitely going to be your largest suspicion - but I'm going to try to milk the most out of this discussion.

Let's wait for snafoo.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Yeah, wasn't saying she's faking sick and I think SA was kidding. But she could just happen to be scum and if she never posts, we'll never know. No possible way she'll lose unless we lynch her for the heck of it. Sucks.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:40 am

Post by q21 »

Vote: snafoo

Second on my scum list, but he needs to post. Hopefully this will bring him out.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:10 am

Post by q21 »

Anyone there?

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Muerrto »

Lol you posted in a span of 2 hours when I'm snoring. Slow down.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Litral »

All we're really doing is waiting for snafoo here...
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Muerrto »

And SA, Stark, Massive...
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:14 am

Post by q21 »

Three people out of seven... hell we couldn't even lynch someone if the three of us agreed on who to lynch... though SA would probably turn up to help us finish someone off...

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:14 am

Not everyone can be at a computer 24/7. Some people have sleep/work/school/lives. :roll:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”