Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by klebian »

I'm going to stay with a
vote: k7

I feel like he's done less than minimal scumhunting this game, as I have previously pointed out. His reasons for calling my vote on him bullshit are weak and he still provides flimsy reasoning, even after the fact, for his vote, along with not addressing at all neko's vote on him or the points neko brings up
His wagonvotes are still apparent and seem much like scum trying to get a vote in without needing his own reasoning because 'enough' has been provided by others
I'd like to know who he thinks is scum, and maybe a vote
I don't see where skitzer is getting k7's helpfulness because I'm not really seeing anything

My vote on him yesterday was simply because I saw him as the scummiest. There was time for discussion, but I personally saw neither crub nor tsn as scummy as k7.

Justin, I'd like to specifically know your opinion on k7
I see it on others, and on my voting on k7, but not on k7 himself.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Hjallti »

fast votecount: (with 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch before deadline)

skitzer
: 1 (TheSweatpantsNinja)
Korlash
: 1 (Justin Playfair)
killa seven
: 1 (klebian)
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Korlash »

***Pre post warning***

The following post has a week's worth of material packed into it. read at your own risk...

ha ha ha I laughed at Justin's post when I read it.

tell ya what, I'll let that game you mentioned play out for a while and get back to you on it. In about a week or so I'll let you figure out if time was a factor in it.

As for my days off I keep being pulled away from MS. But for a quick update on things here and where I stand:

Um... Not much to say. The skinny is I think Justin, Neko, and either TSN, or Kleb are the mafia. reasonings behind it include activity level, voting patterns, and player v. player relation ships.

I won't argue Justin's little player bios aren't pretty sick and sweet especailly in this game, so Kleb's last little "justin direct me" thing might not be as bad as it looked to me. TSN is still a little iffy to me. if memory serves he was the first justin went after. Sounds like the type of bussing I would do, start with my partner and see where it goes. Both of them are wavering in my mind. And I could be full of bs and they are both town.

Neko is a bit more of a question mark in my book. Active, hard hitting, fairly good player if I may say via past experiences. I can honestly say I don't even remember why i thought him scum. But I have had the feeling for a while. I wanted to go back in time and check out his predecessor for however much he may or may not have been on. Meh I'll remember it eventually.

Justin has been the one most on my hitlist. Heck that might even have played a part in me not getting on here more... Do not want to go toe to toe with that one. But whatever.

alright if I'm goign to do this I'll start with the newest thing first and work my way back.

Justin wrote:You've posted more than thirty times in other games in the last week, including multiple posts in games that are on day two and day one. So this statement is…ummm…not so true:
Thats a pretty strong meta... You happen to run across the other games I'm in I've been slacking in for the exact reason I have this one? no? I believe that one is the day 1. day two games the preveious one I mentioned, and yeah if this post ruins It i swear ill quit MS. And my last game is in fact in what I call endgame, with it's own list of lurkers/bad logic/and very likely town loss if i fail to keep up with it. i agree with my statement 100% and I'll defend my priority list any day of the week.

Don't get me wrong, I don't find that an excuse for lurking. I'm hoping this is a sign of more activity to come!
Justin wrote:So you voted Crub, later said you weren’t very suspicious of Crub but only voted him to get him to talk, left your vote on him to lynch without any other substantive comment, and are currently posting heavily in multiple other games while showing up here only just enough to keep yourself going.
Lets tackle this one at a time.

1) I heavily wanted to change my vote yesterday but alas could not find a good enough reason too. I didn't see Crub nor TSN as even close to being lynch worthy. But i've played enough games to know a deadline lynch is better then no lynch so I did not see an unvote: at the time helping anything. Nor could I fathom a reason to switch my vote to TSN. I felt that whatever I did directly effected who got lynched. Unvoting lynched TSN, defending my vote meant lynchign Crub, and switching it could mean K7 was lynched. I really could not devote enough time to first boil down and build up a case for who to vote for, neither could I have defended that vote. Bad play I know, but I couldn't risk getting drawn into a very active fight with someone where I was pushed to defend my actions. In retro spect, i think i just should have unvoted. (Not because he was town, but because I still don't think I can defend my vote on him too well)

2) Again a few of my other games are more important to me then this one at this time. However I feel once those have ended this one will jump to my top priority, so yes I will keep up apperances to keep from being replaced/prodded. And yes I do follow it even if I dont find time to post.

Also FYI I'm in 5 games, 1 is in endgame, 1 is rather important ATM, and 3 are suffering from my work problems. I will probably not be joining another game for a while, and yeah I am already regretting accepting my invetation into the 5th one.

Justin wrote:Now maybe you’re just not feeling this game. It happens to everybody sometimes. But you seem to be not feeling this game in a way that’s a tad too convenient for my taste.
And your feeling this game as much as you do is my prime reason to think your scum. I think ATM scum have more reason to be active then town.

Alright follow me if You can.

first off, I'm not the only not so active person alright, at least not in the past... week+ using just page 28 as an example we have two people who posted once, and two who posted twice. Thats only one page of course, and I'm sure the past pages differ greatly but as it stands I think its a close enough example of the game situation.

So 9 people, a good 4ish not so active, 4 semi active, and one being replaced. to a town that looks like the beginings of a stall. You got Justin and Neko and kleb, all of who do some fairly dense posting often, active and posting... plus any lynch that happens you have to assume is scum run. So I see reason for town to drop the game a little on their radar. So why dont you meta people and find someone (active) that is in... oh... 5-6 other games that they are more or less ignoring simply to post in this one and I guarentee you just hit scum. I dont have the time to meta you, and I highly doubt your actually ignoring other games, but I would expect to find interesting results on that one.

Now on the other hand, why would scum lurk at this time? They are in prime position. If they get a mislynch here its lylo tomorrow. plus they still have all 3 members. that means a win to them quicker, plus more opprotunity to bus if need be. Also with so many inactives, lurking only outs you further. It boils down to the town calling you out personally and looking at you as a whole. (if you can understand what I'm saying here) basically, active and posting means one person might call youotu on something. lurking at this time means every active person will say yoru name and direct crap at you in either an attempt to get you active, or an attempt to turn the lynch in your direction.

The only reason scum has to lurk at this time is if they had RL problems or what not. If you wana argue that against me go for it. But saying my lurking is in anyway a thing a scum would more likely do is kinda rediculus.
justin wrote:Hope to hear from you soon.
If you've made it through this post so far i bet your regretting this...

Ok I'm off to try and shorten this. If it is still huge when I hit submit, I can assue you it was bigger before...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I think it's incredibly interesting, Korlash, that you only pay attention to justin once he begins suspecting you.

Also, if you have anything, like, tangible, that you'd like me to address, please let me know.

Also, this just stood out to me:
any lynch that happens you have to assume is scum run.
Do you think scum wouldn't want to avoid lynches?

I'd still like to hear from Shanba. I'll need to do some rereading of my own though. I think this game has been neglected by many of us.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Korlash »

I've been suspicious of Justin since the first time he wasn't nightkilled. I could care less if he suspects me or not. I feel better about the him and you pairing after that though.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Really? I don't remember you ever bringing up these suspicions before. When D2 started, you were debating a vote between klebian and k7, and ended up voting crub, with which you were comfortable all the way through to D3.

If I missed it, please point it out to me, because I've looked back a few times now and I can't find you mentioning
anything
about Justin.

I did find this, though:
Haven't seen much to make me think Crub is scum...
Everyone, including myself, seems to have missed this completely. By this, did you mean you hadn't seen much
lately
to add to your case? Can you clarify what you meant here? It's post 589, p24.

Also, you didn't answer my last question.

On to other matters...
Skitzer, your explanations are still incredibly vague. I think you have just as little idea about what's going on in this game as K7. One, if not both of you, is likely scum, and I'll probably vote one of you today. I've not seen any real efforts from either of you to contribute to the game.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oh im sorry didnt know it was directed at me... Was trying to figure out where that quote came from.

Scum would want to lynch, either a mislynch so town is put into lylo and they have a good chance at winning, or a bus lynch so they get easy town props. With all the scum left, a bus is worth a lot more this late in the game.

Lets see if I can adress everything else... Um... First off I never mouthed my suspicions of Justin or you if i remmeber correctly, yet you two have been my top picks for scum for a while. I'm not one to jsut shout things out day 2 about two protown looking people being scum unless I have good evidence behind it. But if I'm going to be voted for lack of participation I guess i'll run with it now. I highly doubt you'll ever find me saying anything "bad" about Justin until just recently.

As for the Crub thing, what case did I have? I was like the first person to vote him, and I pretty much said it was for some stupid reason. I think I ended up saying Tunnel Vision was the most scummy thing he ever did...

My question is, are you planning on trying to make a case that I was on Crub's lynch even though I didn't think he was scum? Cause i've already addressed that issue. in fact i spelled out most of what I felt about yesterday's lynch pretty clearly I think.

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:02 am

Post by neko2086 »

The case is already there, really. I mean, the K7-alternative was there, a case was made for it, and if you
really
didn't think Crub was scum, you could have changed your vote.

So, what do you think of K7, actually? Do you think he is pro-town?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Korlash »

Don't know. Like I said I couldn't find anyreason to do anything... mostly cause I had/have/blah blah blah no real time to read up. So if there was a case, I sure as hell didn't read it.

At this point in time I can't say if I think he is pro town... I think he is town, or better he is not scum. but that may or may not change in the near future.

Also on a side note, i didn't even want to jump to K7 simply becuase you jumped to him like you did. Of course, even if I wanted to I wouldn't have becauase of the no reason/defend/blah blah blah I've already been over.

Anything else? I mean It's obviusly worth voting me for being inactive as long as the person voting me can get on every 5 days or so right... right? :P

Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Klebian,

My feeling on Killa Seven is that he does the least amount of work to get by in the thread. Any thread. In every game he’s in. I even defended him in another game, where he turned out to be scum, based on the exact same style of posting he has demonstrated here. The problem is, he’s the same in games where he’s town. Look at mini 570, where he was lynched as town. Look at Mafia 75, where he died as an SK and replaced back in. He may well be scum in this game, and I sure wouldn’t be comfortable with him floating to endgame, but I think there are better folks for today. Korlash for one. TSpN for another. You for a third. I’d rather go for content today, and I’m more than a little uncomfortable at this point with the continuous push toward the easy lynch.

On that score...

Neko,

Are you really comfortable with the vote for today coming down to between Killa Seven and Skitzer? When a bad lynch today would put us in lylo? A choice that sort of randomly assumes that since Skitzer and Killa Seven don't pay attention much, and don't help town much, one of them is most likely scum? We did that day one and it didn't work out so well. And it seems to play right into the hands of scum, who can push a pretty much unexplained vote in whatever direction seems most convenient, or whatever direction isn't a partner. Can you explain what the difference would be between what you have suggested will be your course of action today and what happened on day one?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Korlash,

Korlash wrote:ha ha ha I laughed at Justin's post when I read it.
I’m glad to have given you the gift of laughter. The last time I inspired that sort of merriment from someone I was making a case on they turned out to be scum.

Now let’s take the rest step by step:
Korlash wrote:You happen to run across the other games I'm in I've been slacking in for the exact reason I have this one? no? I believe that one is the day 1. day two games the preveious one I mentioned, and yeah if this post ruins It i swear ill quit MS. And my last game is in fact in what I call endgame, with it's own list of lurkers/bad logic/and very likely town loss if i fail to keep up with it. i agree with my statement 100% and I'll defend my priority list any day of the week.
I’m not sure what you’re saying above. Since you did post in these early games I assume you are saying there was something going on in these that demanded your attention. Which would have been a fine thing to say but wasn’t what you said. And thirty posts in a week doesn’t make it seem as though you had limited time here. Which was also what you said.

Finally, of course, taking a look at a deadline lynch in a game would seem to be a matter of some high priority. Crub died on April 4th, and you made ten posts in your day two games from March 29th through April 4th. One of these was early on day two, the other one of the most ghastly horrible games I have ever seen, but certainly not close to the resolution of the day. So I do question your priorities here.

Onto the rest:
Korlash wrote:plus any lynch that happens you have to assume is scum run. So I see reason for town to drop the game a little on their radar. So why dont you meta people and find someone (active) that is in... oh... 5-6 other games that they are more or less ignoring simply to post in this one and I guarentee you just hit scum. I dont have the time to meta you, and I highly doubt your actually ignoring other games, but I would expect to find interesting results on that one.
So you posting in many other games, one a long stale day two, another an early day two, while avoiding this game as it comes to a deadline lynch is town behavior. But someone else ignoring other games to post in this one as it reached a deadline lynch is scum behavior. And by the way, sorry you didn’t find anything in that meta other than that I’ve mostly only been able to post on weekends the last couple of weeks, and have made a point to try to hit every game. Glad you then turned it around to:
Korlash wrote:Anything else? I mean It's obviusly worth voting me for being inactive as long as the person voting me can get on every 5 days or so right... right?
Because unable to find something to prove your initial, unfounded accusation you might as well change course. But it wasn’t you lurking I found suspicious so much. It was the effect your lurking had on this game.

Also I find this from the above very interesting:
Korlash wrote:plus any lynch that happens you have to assume is scum run.
I am assuming exactly this. And of those who lynched Crub I find your actions the most suspicious. So I am glad you agree with my vote. I am hoping to wrest lynching out of scum hands now. Because, just as a curiosity, Korlash, if what you posted above is true are you not suggesting that scum will certainly win? And if this was a real concern to you, wouldn’t the way to have countered it have been to try to find a lynch target who you didn’t believe, by your own words, was probably town on day two?

And finally, I love long posts. Gives me things to think about. So thank you.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Korlash »

Justin wrote:I’m glad to have given you the gift of laughter. The last time I inspired that sort of merriment from someone I was making a case on they turned out to be scum.
Thats ironic. the last time you made a stupid crap case on me like that I was town. weird eh?

Justin wrote:I’m not sure what you’re saying above. Since you did post in these early games I assume you are saying there was something going on in these that demanded your attention. Which would have been a fine thing to say but wasn’t what you said. And thirty posts in a week doesn’t make it seem as though you had limited time here. Which was also what you said.
To be more specific I didn't have the time needed to read games I had fallen behind in. Which I only fell behind in because I had to spend more time in other games that were more important. And I do have limited time here, A meta of me shows I post often and a lot, so 30 posts a week could have been posted in... 4 hours time frame... so 4 hours a week on here isn't all that much time. kthxsbi!

Justin wrote:Finally, of course, taking a look at a deadline lynch in a game would seem to be a matter of some high priority. Crub died on April 4th, and you made ten posts in your day two games from March 29th through April 4th. One of these was early on day two, the other one of the most ghastly horrible games I have ever seen, but certainly not close to the resolution of the day. So I do question your priorities here.
This type of attack is so hard to defend against... Your good... You really are... I hope to be good scum like that someday.

Anyways that thing I was waiting for failed horribly. I blame you :P Ok no i don't... still... It was a waste. *sigh* My only other day 2 game stalled otu for lack of mod. So any posting in that was simply to say something like "i'm still here" so using that game against me is a load of crap. another game is the same as this one, and one last one just entered lylo. You kinda got me in a pickle with the deadline thing. Either way I come back I look bad. Either I'm lurkish scum, or very bad town. So I'll just admit I should have been into the game more then. Bad korlash. bad!

Justin wrote:So you posting in many other games, one a long stale day two, another an early day two, while avoiding this game as it comes to a deadline lynch is town behavior. But someone else ignoring other games to post in this one as it reached a deadline lynch is scum behavior. And by the way, sorry you didn’t find anything in that meta other than that I’ve mostly only been able to post on weekends the last couple of weeks, and have made a point to try to hit every game. Glad you then turned it around to:
Yeah if I had the time... :roll:

justin wrote:Because unable to find something to prove your initial, unfounded accusation you might as well change course. But it wasn’t you lurking I found suspicious so much. It was the effect your lurking had on this game.
I already told you I have nothing on you. Not my fault I'm that good at outing scum. I just suck at convinsing others... :(

Justin wrote:I am assuming exactly this. And of those who lynched Crub I find your actions the most suspicious. So I am glad you agree with my vote. I am hoping to wrest lynching out of scum hands now. Because, just as a curiosity, Korlash, if what you posted above is true are you not suggesting that scum will certainly win? And if this was a real concern to you, wouldn’t the way to have countered it have been to try to find a lynch target who you didn’t believe, by your own words, was probably town on day two?
Of course I agree with your vote. It got me back into the game, plus it gives me ootles of time to find more and more stuff that proves your scum. hell I think your partners should vote me too so i can cement them too while Im at it.

As far as scum winning, the answer is no. I feel very confident we will win. Then again... last time I felt so sure about my scum picks I was wrong and my secondary scum picks turned out to be the scum... ;_;

as for the lynch target, are you talking about you or crub? I can't even remmeber day 2 much less who i thought was town and not. If it's crub, for the last time I was barely here late yesterday. So to find a new target at deadline was impossible for me. If it's you, well I see your scum now. So if I thoguht you were town before, eh i was wrong. go me!

Justin wrote:And finally, I love long posts. Gives me things to think about. So thank you.
Not sure if this is real or sarcasm... But... your welcome either way. ^^ <3

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Hjallti »

The game is lagging again with 3 players actually playing....

I have mass prodded the other 5 (not including RossWilliam)

I PM-ed some people to ask if they are willing to replace. (I guess I should have done this last week...) The first to answer positive will replace RossWilliam, the next will replace the player that didn't post over the longest time and so on.

The deadline set on May 6th will be postponed to about a week after all nonplaying players will be replaced.

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:20 am

Post by neko2086 »

Can you explain what the difference would be between what you have suggested will be your course of action today and what happened on day one?
A significant difference is, of course, the amount of time. A D1 lurker is less likely to be scum than a D1-2-3 lurker. I suppose JDodge would be a good example of this.

Justin, you want to lynch based on content. Well, I think we all do. When people are posting w/o providing any content, though, they should not be rewarded by being ignored. I have an incredibly hard time believing that either of them could be town.
In Tartiflette We Trust
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:01 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Sorry, this game disappeared off my radar.

Quick thoughts:

Neko is probably town.

RW is likely scum, but may as well let him be replaced.

Vote: killa seven.

I've seen a slightly more protown version of k7 then the one he's presented in this game. I've also seen him play just like this and come up scum.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by skitzer »

I'm sorry, I've just have nothing to expound upon ATM. Maybe with some replacements we can get this game going again.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Skitzer, the last time you even attempted to scum-hunt, you mentioned K7 and TSN. Are you leaning toward one or the other? Someone else? What, exactly are you waiting for? Do you have any questions for anyone?

By posting and saying you have nothing to post, you're basically saying that you are
content
not contributing, which is what I just got done explaining is one of my biggest problems with your play.

vote: Skitzer

K7, if you'd like to contribute as well, that'd be lovely.
In Tartiflette We Trust
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by killa seven »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Sorry, this game disappeared off my radar.

Quick thoughts:

Neko is probably town.

RW is likely scum, but may as well let him be replaced.

Vote: killa seven.

I've seen a slightly more protown version of k7 then the one he's presented in this game. I've also seen him play just like this and come up scum.
/proded, i play the same in every game, i dont know which game i played with you were i was scum, i won mafia 545 as town playing this same way, anyways i will reveiw the case on tsn that made me vote on him yesterday, sorry havent posted mod, i will re read, i dont wanna be replaced when i have 2 votes on me, my i net time is limited but i will make a effort.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by Hjallti »

jtdyer jumps in for RossWilliam

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:13 am

Post by Hjallti »

fast votecount: (with 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch before deadline)

skitzer
: 1 (neko2086)
Korlash
: 1 (Justin Playfair)
killa seven
: 2 (klebian, TheSweatpantsNinja)

klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:56 am

Post by klebian »

Justin Playfair wrote:Klebian,

My feeling on Killa Seven is that he does the least amount of work to get by in the thread. Any thread. In every game he’s in. I even defended him in another game, where he turned out to be scum, based on the exact same style of posting he has demonstrated here. The problem is, he’s the same in games where he’s town. Look at mini 570, where he was lynched as town. Look at Mafia 75, where he died as an SK and replaced back in. He may well be scum in this game, and I sure wouldn’t be comfortable with him floating to endgame, but I think there are better folks for today. Korlash for one. TSpN for another. You for a third. I’d rather go for content today, and I’m more than a little uncomfortable at this point with the continuous push toward the easy lynch.
This type of meta, while I realize is pretty valid, is one of my pet peeves. I realize that he probably does little analysis in most games from what everyone, including you, is saying. But I don't like letting someone live for doing nothing because he does nothing every game. But let me look at some other people right now.

I'll start with korlash. Korlash, I really don't see your case on justin. What I see you saying is that he is active, and in this position, activity nearly implies scum. I will show you where your arguments don't make sense.
with so many inactives, lurking only outs you further. It boils down to the town calling you out personally and looking at you as a whole.
Realize that when there are so many inactives, they can't be individually called out because there are a number of people who are just as bad as they are.
basically, active and posting means one person might call youotu on something. lurking at this time means every active person will say yoru name and direct crap at you in either an attempt to get you active, or an attempt to turn the lynch in your direction.
You're essentially making contradictions in saying this. If you are active and are making posts, then you are the one susceptible to have your attacks argued by the few other active players. On the other hand, there are so many lurkers that it's tough to single out a single one without using meta to see which ones are lurking intentionally in this game.
If you meta'd Justin, you would find that he makes good posts fairly regularly in pretty much every game he plays (or, at any rate, I have seen this in the game(s?) I've been with him and the few I've read)
Unfortunately, I find Justin always difficult to attack because he is usually the one keeping the game moving, and he makes good, lengthy posts with good questions and reasonable attacks.

Looking at the korlash case as a whole, I mostly just see the meta that he lurked through deadline lynch here and through part of this day, while posting
heavily
in other games. This is fairly significant,

Skitzer: rather than with replacements, the game can get going with your and others' (including mine) contribution. I see your lackadaisical attitude and this is no better than k7's posting.

I'd like to see k7 post more and I guess I agree that it is better to go for content at this point. I will
unvote
, with a week before deadline. Korlash is good to look at right now. TSN: What do you think of korlash's and justin's recent exchange?
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Shanba »

neko2086 wrote: Shanba, I'm not sure I'd call TSN's actions patient. He was voting JDodge following the events of D1, then JDodge votes Crub and TSN follows suit, keeping his vote there for the remainder of the day. I don't see any reason to think it wouldn't be possible for him to be scum looking for an easy switch to a more popular wagon.
If you don't think TSN is scum, though, who would be your next suspect?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Apparently, just about everyone. Crub, could you be more specific as to what you didn't like?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I'd just like to know what it is that I will either agree or disagree with.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:EBWOP: Because right now, I disagree. But I'm prepared to be convinced otherwise.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Crub wrote:If you disagree, fair enough, if you think that makes me scum, please explain.
There's certainly a middle ground in which I would prefer to get a reason why to agree. I don't see why you would not want to give a reason. I don't see why it makes you particularly scummy, as I can't really fathom why scum would not want to give reasons either.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I have to say, if someone accused me, and refused to give any reasons, I'd probably get a little OMGUSy myself. I don't think its particularly
scummy
not to, if only because I can't figure out any particular reason why scum would be any more likely to pursue the play than town, but its certainly not very helpful.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:So, in other words:
Crub: kleb is scum.

Town: Why?

Crub: Because I say he is.

Me: No, for serious, why?

Crub: What, you don't agree with my stunning logic? You
and
kleb are scum.
This is how long it takes TSpN to finally turn around on Crub. He gives him an awful lot fo time to respond, and I don't blame him for his vote. That said, I'm not so comfortable with his latest vote on Killa seven. (why must I now begin to doubt/who never doubted all these years)
This type of meta, while I realize is pretty valid, is one of my pet peeves. I realize that he probably does little analysis in most games from what everyone, including you, is saying. But I don't like letting someone live for doing nothing because he does nothing every game. But let me look at some other people right now.
To my mind, you simply cannot sacrifice single game concerns (i.e. whether it makes him likely to be scum) for metagame concerns (whether punishing him for playing badly will make him a better player overall), simply because that would eventually harm the metagame even more.

neko - I'm slightly uncomfortable about you right now, because I don't entirely see how you can have such different interpretations of the game events to me on the issues we've discussed. Perhaps you could create a timeline to show how you felt tsn was not patient? If it's simply because you were reading quickly, that's fine, you may well note that I am also guilty of that.

Killa seven - who is scum?

Skitzer's latest posts have incited me to look over his play this game.
skitzer wrote:Shanba: I think that a DS lynch is not a good idea, as I aforementioned, he is quite hard to read, and although the sanity of this game would be increased with him gone, the well-being may be severely detrimented because we have no hard evidence on him except for his blatant posts.

TheSweatpantsNinja was likely trying to lynch DS for easier gameplay. I can see both sides of this argument.

FomS: Shanba
FomS: TheSweatpantsNinja
I wasn't really the other side of the argument - the other side of the argument was lynching Disciple Slayer. As such, his FomS of me rather than DS is slightly strange. Excusable, though, as he had documented suspicion on DS earlier. It annoys me slightly that he backed down so quickly after I laid out my reasons for thinking DS was town, but that could also be a sign of a good townie. (My heart is stone and still it trembles/The world I have known is lost in shadow).

Skitzer asks for a prod on dramamoose then doesn't post for 20 days. Hypocritical. Luckily for him, hyposcrisy is not a scumtell, just an *annoyance* tell. Bad sktizer!
skitzer wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Man, this day's gone on too long.
I'm getting desperate to get someone lynched.
The post that really sets me off wrong about rw is:
rw wrote: to all the people who are voting for me, i think it says something to my innocence that I'm still here posting and defending myself when it would be so gosh-darn easy for to slip into lurking and let the whole thing blow other.
Bolded makes me somewhat suspicious of TSN. Although TSN quoted a very suspicious post by RW too.

Not very big leads, but suspicions all the same.
Hmm. A pattern of behaviour seems to be developing - he takes two suspects, says both are a little suspicious, then dismisses his own suspicions as minor.
skitzer wrote:OK, I'm sorry for not posting, but I feel by looking back at games, I don't really do much on Day 1, I feel like I need a whole day cycle to look.

I can clearly see why people are voting for MelodyMan, and he is my biggest suspicion, but I don't want to put him at L-2 just yet. They may have been newb mistakes.

I don't see much of a point on RossWilliam.

I'm sorry I'm not much of a contributer.
Ouchy. Taken with the last post quoted, 11 days but only two posts before, this one sets off my scumdar. Now he's gone back to MelodyMan (replaced Disciple Slayer) and says he can't see anything against rosswilliam. Especially given that this was at a time when MelodyMan was close to being lynched. I'd be *more* comfortable with this if he had voted here - it looks like he's either a) trying to keep his hands clean by pushing the wagon from a distance or b) trying to create a paper trail for when he does eventually vote him. The fact that he dismisses his own suspicions *again* make me think it's more likely a, but I guess I'll see in a few posts time. Yes, I know it's a false dilemma - however, these, to me, seem to be the most likely reasons for this post. (Is he from heaven or from hell/And does he know)

- to avoid unnecessary length, it looks like he did vote melodyman after all.

Day 2 he is absolutely useless. He says he sees mistakes (note, mistakes, not scummy play) from killa 7, but doesn't think it needs a vote, he pokes koralsh in the most halfhearted way imaginable, pokes neko even more halfheartedly and then disappears.

Day 3 he starts with an analysis of TSN and k7. He maybe accuses TSN of being a lurker (intention here is unclear?) and accuses him of having voted Crub. I have to admit, I am less than blown away. As for his killa seven case... it basically amounts to him accusing killa seven of being
scumhunting more than normal,
which is possibly the most ridiculous accusation I've ever heard in my career on mafiascum, and was the reason I made this analysis.

Conclusion: He has been remarkably wishy-washy, shown traces of opportunism and semi-lurked, posting about once a week pretty much the entire game. The posts he has made have been lacking in content, and he has often hedged his bets. I would say he is quite likely scum. (And does he know/That granting me my life today/This man has killed me/Even so.)

I'm aware that the bit about him lurking is somewhat hypocritical, btw.
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:16 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

klebian wrote: TSN: What do you think of korlash's and justin's recent exchange?
Justin makes me nervous. He's posting a lot, and he hasn't done anything wrong, but he's almost too perfect. Which I'll grant is really just the too townie scumtell, so I'm not pursuing him at the moment, but I don't trust him at all.

Korlash is town, I think.

Shanba's case on skitzer > my case on k7.

Unvote, vote skitzer.
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Shanba »

speaking of which, Shanba forgot to vote...

Vote: skitzer
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by skitzer »

My views on TSN were negative, but my K7 views were semi positive, therefore I guess the only one I find scummy is TSN...
vote: TSN

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”