Mini 589: SSBB Smalltown Mafia (Game Over!)

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I like my vote.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Votecount

pickemgenius: 3
(goborage, Anatole Kuragin, andersonw)
Anatole Kuragin: 3
(dahill1, curiouskarmadog, MafiaSSK)
Dean Harper: 2
(JamesThePhox, pickemgenius)
MafiaSSK: 1
(Flameaxe)
Flameaxe: 1
(Lawrencelot)
Not Voting: 2
(Gorrad, Dean Harper)

Player List: curiouskarmadog, Flameaxe, pickemgenius, MafiaSSK, Lawrencelot, Anatole Kuragin, Dean Harper, dahill1, goborage, andersonw, JamesThePhox, Gorrad.

Seven (7) to lynch.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 11:18 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

pickemgenius wrote:p.s. "going through" assholes and non con lurkers is fucking terrible. YOU LYNCH WHO THE SCUMMIEST ALWAYS.

fuck people(gorrad,AK). lynching non con lurkers and assholes isnt how you win games.... fucking a.
QFT. Why would town ever want to lynch anyone else BUT scum? Personal dislike/hatred for someone's personality/playstyle should be left at the sign-in thread.

Unvote; Vote: AK
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 11:19 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Also.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
JamesThePhox wrote:CKD: I know. And my response to your vote was pretty bullshit too. :D
are you saying that my vote was bull shit or that
your response to my voe is bull shit?
Pretty sure you used my exact answer to your question... in that question. But for clarification, I meant my response was bullshit.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

lol, your response was bullshit, or your response was "bullshit"?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

JamesThePhox wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:p.s. "going through" assholes and non con lurkers is fucking terrible. YOU LYNCH WHO THE SCUMMIEST ALWAYS.

fuck people(gorrad,AK). lynching non con lurkers and assholes isnt how you win games.... fucking a.
QFT. Why would town ever want to lynch anyone else BUT scum? Personal dislike/hatred for someone's personality/playstyle should be left at the sign-in thread.

The logic in this is pretty obviously flawed in this game. Without night kills or lynches or anything else that could give us reliable information, day one is primarily scum trying to bandwagon anyone who points out scummy behavior, or killing lynchers. I just proposed that we get rid of those who had a scummy personality, which is a scum tell.

And saying someone should be lynched because they don't like a playstyle is moronic, since you're basically saying you don't like my playstyle in doing so.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Anatole Kuragin wrote:
JamesThePhox wrote:

The logic in this is pretty obviously flawed in this game. Without night kills or lynches or anything else that could give us reliable information, day one is primarily scum trying to bandwagon anyone who points out scummy behavior, or killing lynchers. I just proposed that we get rid of those who had a scummy personality, which is a scum tell.

And saying someone should be lynched because they don't like a playstyle is moronic, since you're basically saying you don't like my playstyle in doing so.
Quoting someone who is 100% wrong.

For the sake of them being 100% wrong.

Still like his style, 'Fancy Pants?

Double spacing is very fun.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Anatole Kuragin wrote:It's not going to help trying to lynch the best/worst roles, what have to go off of right now is how people act following the jokearound stage. I'd suggest going through the assholes first then the non-contributing lurkers.
Anatole Kuragin wrote:
My platstyle is to be an asshole, and make short and quick to the point posts.

So now that you've totally contradicted your previous post, which post do you stand by?
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by goborage »

Being an asshole is not a scumtell. Statistically, assholes will get pro-town roles more than scum roles. Therefore being an asshole = pro town. No need to compliment me, I know my logic is flawless.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by dahill1 »

goborage wrote:Statistically, assholes will get pro-town roles more than scum roles.
:roll:
although you're right about being an asshole =/= scum tell
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by goborage »

Did you even read the rest of my post?
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by dahill1 »

goborage wrote:Did you even read the rest of my post?
couldn't tell if it was a joke post or not
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 7:32 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Anatole Kuragin wrote:It's not going to help trying to lynch the best/worst roles, what have to go off of right now is how people act following the jokearound stage. I'd suggest going through the assholes first then the non-contributing lurkers.
You want to lynch scum, yes? I don't see this post use the word "scum" at all. All I see is you wanting to vote off assholes and lurkers, which is a nulltell.

My vote on you is because calling for a lynch on someone based on anything other than scumminess is scummy. You don't think even just the first six pages of a game and lead you to find scum,
Anatole Kuragin wrote:Without night kills or lynches or anything else that could give us reliable information, day one is primarily scum trying to bandwagon anyone who points out scummy behavior, or killing lynchers
So a player, who finds a scumtell Day 1 on someone else and encourages others to vote based on their own logistical reasoning, is scum? Awesome.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Limited Access until around Friday/Saturday, but this game is my top priority and votecounts should continue as normal.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 9:41 am

Post by pickemgenius »

goborage wrote:Being an asshole is not a scumtell. Statistically, assholes will get pro-town roles more than scum roles. Therefore being an asshole = pro town. No need to compliment me, I know my logic is flawless.

this post is pure genius.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Hmmm, this is a tough situation... AK and PKG seem the most scummy as of this point, but, this is D1 and we have very little to say that they actually are scum. Personally, I believe that only one of them might be scum, since both seem to be defending some of the same arguments. Unless, of course, they are beginning to distance from eachother. I think my vote is going to go to AK, since he made the more scummy post of the two. As such:
vote: AK
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Dean Harper wrote:Hmmm, this is a tough situation... AK and PKG seem the most scummy as of this point, but, this is D1 and we have very little to say that they actually are scum. Personally, I believe that only one of them might be scum, since both seem to be defending some of the same arguments. Unless, of course, they are beginning to distance from eachother. I think my vote is going to go to AK, since he made the more scummy post of the two. As such:
vote: AK
what are you talking about? unless i'm mistaken, i'm pretty sure PEG is arguing
against
AK. also, why do you think they are distancing? give some examples on how they are distancing.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

I dont really know... Im sorry, im really tired today. I was up till 3 yesterday working on a paper, right after an 8 hour swim meet which was preceded by 4 hours of school... I guess it doesnt pay to skim when you're exhausted. Still, my vote stands.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

EBWOP:

I also want to
request replacement
because I am having a hard time keeping up with any of my games because of my schedule. I'm sorry to everyone.

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

The bandwagon on AK is either ass-hole-ish, scummy, or fallacious. Maybe all 3. And James seems the most oppurtunistic of them all.
Unvote; Vote: Jamesthephox
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:58 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Dean Harper wrote:EBWOP:

I also want to
request replacement
because I am having a hard time keeping up with any of my games because of my schedule. I'm sorry to everyone.
The Fonz will replace as soon as I can confirm he's still up for it.

I'm checking up on every player to issue prods.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Xdaamno »

andersonw
has been prodded. If he dosen't post within 24 hours (excluding the weekend, so the deadline is basically when Tuesday hits), he'll be replaced.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Xdaamno »

The Fonz
has replaced
Dean Harper
, effective immediately.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Votecount
- Votes on The Fonz have been automatically cleared

Anatole Kuragin: 4
(dahill1, curiouskarmadog, MafiaSSK, JamesThePhox)
pickemgenius: 3
(goborage, Anatole Kuragin, andersonw)
MafiaSSK: 1
(Flameaxe)
JamesThePhox: 1
(Lawrencelot)
Not Voting: 3
(Gorrad, The Fonz, pickemgenius)

Player List: curiouskarmadog, Flameaxe, pickemgenius, MafiaSSK, Lawrencelot, Anatole Kuragin, The Fonz, dahill1, goborage, andersonw, JamesThePhox, Gorrad.

Seven (7) to lynch.
Cracking Idea Mafia
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 4:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK guys, some game theory for starters.

Firstly, it occurs to me that goborage should declare his target before night falls. This will mean that the hider essentially becomes an investigative role- if gob dies, we know the target is scum. If Gob lives, we know those two players are of the same alignment (since scum could lie about having hidden behind scum, although that risks detection by the tracker).

Gob should not be roleblocked, and dahill1 should target the same player as Gob does. Why? Because this will prevent him from killing using either method if he's mafia. Since the poison ability negates the two protective roles, which can prevent any other kill, we don't want it used just yet.

Mod: does hiding protect from poison?

PEG, myself, and James have no night action.

CKD, SSK, Lawrence, Flameaxe, AK, James and Gorrad should have free rein if they're not lynched.

I would suggest we have everyone who has a night action claim in a random order tomorrow morning. There's an argument against this- scum knowing who the protective roles are minded to target is useful to them- but see the last smalltown, where the doctor role wasn't made to claim, and performed two of the three scumkills.
Lawrencelot wrote:I'm gonna try to get some content. The random voting stage shouldn't last more than 2-3 pages.

Mario: this role is pretty dangerous in hands of SK or mafia.
It's particularly dangerous in the hands of SK, since a mario SK can kill twice per night. In the hands of scum, though, it can't be used in conjunction with a normal kill, and shows obvious effects. Hence I'm suggesting the it be used tonight in such a way to demonstrate itself, but not kill.
Link: this role is useless for an SK. Mafia could make good use of it.
It's actually a complete liability for mafia. I'd suggest we insist on its use- even though it's actually bad play for a town player to use it in isolation, it's even worse for a scum or SK player to use.

Kirby: pretty good for both Mafia and SK.
Pikachu: very good role for Mafia, as this action would always work, except when they target the SK, but if that happens they found the SK. This role isn't that good for the SK.
Best role of all for town.
Fox: a bit dangerous in the hands of scum.
Not so much- deters nightkills. Sure, it prevents viggings, but it's one-shot, and the possibility of its use can give scum fits. This is the role which most fits the doctor paradox- keeping quiet about whether it's been used or not is clearly optimal if the role is town, but allows a lot of leeway if scum. Thoughts?
Samus: not dangerous in the hands of scum.
Yup, in fact a liability since it has to be used.
DK: useless in the hands of scum.
Unless it gets down to a two-player endgame with DK and a killing role.
IC: very handy for mafia and SK, and not very handy for town, so we might consider lynching him regardless of alignment (if we have no clue for who the scum is).
I need to think about this one.
Pit: useless for SK, a bit dangerous in the hands of mafia.
Makes no difference if SK, apart from being useful to confirm not-mafia killer. Again, a liability in the hands of scum, since one expects it to be used.
Ike: useless but dangerous in hands of SK, pretty dangerous in the hands of mafia.
My own role: effectively requires town to double-lynch if it wants to kill me. Benefits whichever side it's on, tbh.
Snake: pretty dangerous in hands of SK, and Mafia too.
Lucas: pretty dangerous in hands of Mafia, a bit less so in hands of the SK.
One doc protect, one vig, one roleblock. With both vigs, I'd advise holding onto the vigging ability for a while.
Hopes this helps. Correct me if wrong.
It's a good start, certainly.
I have a feeling that there will be many kills each night btw, seeing all those 1-shot vigs.
You mean, two? Just because vig abilities exist, doesn't require their use.
Gorrad wrote:It would be more useful if it didn't only list ONE role that would be bad for mafia, and that role is useless for pretty much everyone.

Unvote, Vote: Lawrencelot

No role-based killing plskthxbai.
Role-based killing is bad, certainly, though it can be a useful tiebreak between equally scummy players. Although there are roles, chiefly, gob's, that I wouldn't lynch today short of a scum claim.
JamesThePhox wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:IC: very handy for mafia and SK, and not very handy for town, so we might consider lynching him regardless of alignment (if we have no clue for who the scum is).
I agree that the one-shot unkillable is helpful for Mafia and SK. However, assuming the IC are town, Mafia/SK would just leave a vote-less townie alive and in a standard lylo situation, Mafia/SK would win. 5 people, 2 mafia vs. 3 innocents, one innocent being voteless, mafia would win in that situation.
That's true. A voteless townie can give advice, but can do nothing else, whilst a non-voting scum or sk can still kill.
pickemgenius wrote:
p.s. "going through" assholes and non con lurkers is fucking terrible. YOU LYNCH WHO THE SCUMMIEST ALWAYS.

Would you say it's better, or worse, than lynching people for their roles? Since that's what it's being presented as the alternative to.
Flameaxe wrote:
Gorrad wrote:He's got the right idea. It just isn't aplicable with Asshat around.
Going through assholes for the sake of being assholes is not the right idea.

Ever.
Well, as far as I can see, being an asshole all the time makes you harder to read, which is antitown if not scum-favouring if it's done consistently.
JamesThePhox wrote:

Again, strawman. I personally think lurkerhunting, in particular, can be a very good bridge between random and serious voting. There's a difference between personally disliking a playstyle, and thinking it's antitown, though the two often go together. For instance, I'm currently running a policy where I lynch Albert B. Rampage on sight.
Anatole Kuragin wrote:
JamesThePhox wrote:

Well, people can often find scumtells on day one in retrospect, in terms of who was willing to vote for whom, etc. You should at least try to look for things that are scummy. And I don't see how someone's personality can be 'scummy' in terms of more likely to be done by scum, when someone's personality is pretty much the most constant thing about their play whether scum or town.

Vote: MafiaSSK,
for what looks like a 'sneaking on' vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”