Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Crub »

I don't think we can just assume ABR is scum. Just because it makes no sense for a townie to self-hammer in that situation, does it mean that ABR is not a townie. It is ABR we're talking about after all.

Not saying that it's not likely ... just saying we shouldn't assume anything
Moo?
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 1:10 am

Post by sykedoc »

Crub wrote:I don't think we can just assume ABR is scum. Just because it makes no sense for a townie to self-hammer in that situation, does it mean that ABR is not a townie. It is ABR we're talking about after all.

Not saying that it's not likely ... just saying we shouldn't assume anything
Sorry, i'm mid-finals so i'm lacking time to post.

Agreed. Also i'd like to note again for those of you who are slow. Please knock before breaking into my house like a dunce.

Back to the point at hand. Am i seeing things or did ABR hammer himself?

Anyway..... Right now i'm a bit sketch on letting anyone else die, If someone could simplify the current top suspect and position that would be nice. I tried reading back but i feel as if im missing something important.

:o
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Surye »

I don't like sykedoc's call for someone to think for him.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Natirasha »

sykedoc wrote:
Crub wrote:Anyway..... Right now i'm a bit sketch on letting anyone else die, If someone could simplify the current top suspect and position that would be nice. I tried reading back but i feel as if im missing something important.:o
The current suspects are DGB and I.

The argument vs. DGB is two pages back. Look for Suyre's long post.

The argument vs. me is a page back. Look for one of DGB's posts.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 11:46 am

Post by armlx »

No, IMO current suspects are lets not fuck around with the WIFOM between all the cops and focus on people like hjallti who have nothing to even potentially confirm them in the slightest.

Plus we would rather lynch non-DGB scum then DGB scum as DGB scum is presumably the last member of her group if she is scum as she shot Dasq, while the other scum, while likely the last member of their group due to ABR's death, is still possibly paired, and leaving both groups alive allows for cross kills.

(though if DGB becomes for sure scum she has to die ASAP, but I still think the corrupt cop thing is all speculation at this point and not worth lynching investigative roles over).
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Celebloki »

well, Can't the Mayor do a ??? move and lock DGB up? Then we don't have to worry about her for a little while and if she is town then we don't kill her?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 11:54 am

Post by armlx »

Celebloki wrote:well, Can't the Mayor do a ??? move and lock DGB up? Then we don't have to worry about her for a little while and if she is town then we don't kill her?
I endorse this product or service.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Surye wrote:I don't like sykedoc's call for someone to think for him.
I just dont have a whole lot of time to analyze things right now and i dont want to just stop posting, Finals week is a BITCH
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Crub »

armlx wrote:Plus we would rather lynch non-DGB scum then DGB scum as DGB scum is presumably the last member of her group if she is scum as she shot Dasq, while the other scum, while likely the last member of their group due to ABR's death, is still possibly paired, and leaving both groups alive allows for cross kills.
I originally thought this, but thinking about it further I wouldn't be surprised if DGB shot another member of her mafia.
Moo?
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 12:55 am

Post by Singing Librarian »

armlx wrote: Plus we would rather lynch non-DGB scum then DGB scum as DGB scum is presumably the last member of her group if she is scum as she shot Dasq, while the other scum, while likely the last member of their group due to ABR's death, is still possibly paired, and leaving both groups alive allows for cross kills.
I think this is deeply flawed logic. In a game of this size, a cross kill seems extremely unlikely. Unless 'member of scum group A' is absolutely certain that a player is 'member of scum group B', then they are much more likely to hit another member of the town rather than blindly hit upon a member of the other scum group. Eliminating a group serves the town by reducing the potential number of deaths.

I'm not convinced that DGB is scum, though, and agree that lynching any more of our cops at this point is a bad idea.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:40 am

Post by sykedoc »

wait-wait. Back up.

Are we implying here that DGB would hurt her chance of survival by shooting one of the last members of her mafia? Thereby leaving her to die pretty quickly at some point?

I dont think its a great theory.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:41 am

Post by armlx »

SL: I'm not convinced either, just saying.....

And there would be no reason for DGB to bus one of her own like that, especially when they were under no suspicion.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 9:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Crub wrote:I originally thought this, but thinking about it further I wouldn't be surprised if DGB shot another member of her mafia.
Wow, how did I get a reputation for being that crazy??? Are there precedents of me vigging buddies in other games at least? If you believe that (and I don't think that you really do), then I should never, ever get lynched. :roll:

vote: Crub
- because no townie could ever come up with such a crazy theory, not even me. That's confusion-sowing scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 9:49 am

armlx wrote:SL: I'm not convinced either, just saying.....

And there would be no reason for DGB to bus one of her own like that, especially when they were under no suspicion.
I believe that Surye's argument (no guarantee that I understand it correctly) is that I did not investigate skitzer, but instead I investigated Dasquian, and found him guilty. So I "framed" skitzer the dead guy by saying he tried to break into the house of another dead guy, and shot Dasquian. Therefore I must be a corrupt cop.

The way I understand it, it makes no sense, so don't worry if it doesn't to you, either.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Surye »

No, I offered that as an idea, but I don't believe you investigated Das, just stating it was a possibility. My case against you doesn't require that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 11:22 am

Surye wrote:No, I offered that as an idea, but I don't believe you investigated Das, just stating it was a possibility. My case against you doesn't require that.
Your theory that I am scum that killed an opposing scum group member pre-supposes that I somehow knew that Dasquian belonged to said opposing scum group. I'm sure if you try, you can fabricate far-fetched scenarios where that might be possible.

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Surye »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Surye wrote:No, I offered that as an idea, but I don't believe you investigated Das, just stating it was a possibility. My case against you doesn't require that.
Your theory that I am scum that killed an opposing scum group member pre-supposes that I somehow knew that Dasquian belonged to said opposing scum group. I'm sure if you try, you can fabricate far-fetched scenarios where that might be possible.
You didn't have to know das was scum, you may have gotten lucky. Or maybe you investigated him night 0, killed Flameaxe, and reported flameaxe innocent. No matter how you spin it, EVERY play you've made in this game has been oppurtunistic, all of them looking very town, but often not actualy helping the town (though killing scum was nice).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 12:44 pm

Surye wrote:You didn't have to know das was scum, you may have gotten lucky.
If you believe I didn't know, then why would my shooting down Dasquian implicate me with the opposing scumgroup??? I did get incredibly lucky through the thick fog of my own misunderstanding, that's for sure... ;-)
Surye wrote:Or maybe you investigated him night 0,
How can you say that, when YOU KNOW who I investigated Night 0???
Surye wrote:killed Flameaxe, and reported flameaxe innocent.
Since you KNOW I was out investigating, why are you imagining that I would have killed Flameaxe?
Surye wrote:No matter how you spin it, EVERY play you've made in this game has been oppurtunistic,
all of them looking very town
, but often not actualy helping the town (though killing scum was nice).
How can they be opportunistic, AND looking very town???

What's up, Surye? You're not making sense anymore.

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by Surye »

Wow, you're getting desperate.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Surye wrote:You didn't have to know das was scum, you may have gotten lucky.
If you believe I didn't know, then why would my shooting down Dasquian implicate me with the opposing scumgroup??? I did get incredibly lucky through the thick fog of my own misunderstanding, that's for sure... ;-)
See possible explanation below.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Surye wrote:Or maybe you investigated him night 0,
How can you say that, when YOU KNOW who I investigated Night 0???
I know who you REPORTED, not who you investigated. You could have EASILY sent in a false report.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Surye wrote:killed Flameaxe, and reported flameaxe innocent.
Since you KNOW I was out investigating, why are you imagining that I would have killed Flameaxe?
I know who you REPORTED, not who you investigated. You could have EASILY sent in a false report.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Surye wrote:No matter how you spin it, EVERY play you've made in this game has been oppurtunistic,
How can they be opportunistic, AND looking very town???
Easy, do and say town things that are too late to be useful.
DrippingGoofball wrote: What's up, Surye? You're not making sense anymore.
You're not even trying :/
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by armlx »

How bout we just stop this whole corrupt cop WIFOM and go for scummy people. If we run out of other options or something else really stray pops up DGB will be the end result, but lets not be stupid and maybe punt by trying to outguess the mod.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 12:07 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Vote Count #8

DrippingGoofBall (4): Surye, Natirasha, Celebloki, Hjallti

Crub (1): DrippingGoofBall

Not Voting (9): Sensfan, Awesome Pants, Panzerjager, armlx, Ghostwriter, NabakovNabakov, Crub, Sykedoc, Singing Librarian

8 to lynch. Prodding Awesome Pants, Ghostwriter, NabakovNabakov, Panzerjager and Hjallti
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 7:22 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Um... guys, if the reason Dasquian was shot in the first place was because he was claiming that reveals are unquestionable, why has
nobody
questioned his reveal (given that it includes practically no evidence to indicate that he is scum, just a declaration). Could Natarisha get on this?

Also, shot in the eye is the way Moe Green went down in the Godfather.

Surye is giving DGB waaay to many powers. What kind of role can perform a kill and an investigation in the same night while completely covering its tracks? How can Surye accuse DGB of being scum for "opportunism" while completely downplaying the huge fact that she daykilled a scum (if Dasquain really is scum). That's more pro-town than just about every other player in the game even if it was accidental/opportunistic (mutually exclusive?)

That said, I think it strains credulity that DGB would not figure out that townies had free rein until now. People were acting up all over D1; what did she think was going on?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Natirasha »

NabakovNabakov wrote:Um... guys, if the reason Dasquian was shot in the first place was because he was claiming that reveals are unquestionable, why has
nobody
questioned his reveal (given that it includes practically no evidence to indicate that he is scum, just a declaration). Could Natarisha get on this?

Also, shot in the eye is the way Moe Green went down in the Godfather.

Surye is giving DGB waaay to many powers. What kind of role can perform a kill and an investigation in the same night while completely covering its tracks? How can Surye accuse DGB of being scum for "opportunism" while completely downplaying the huge fact that she daykilled a scum (if Dasquain really is scum). That's more pro-town than just about every other player in the game even if it was accidental/opportunistic (mutually exclusive?)

That said, I think it strains credulity that DGB would not figure out that townies had free rein until now. People were acting up all over D1; what did she think was going on?
I'll get on the investigation.

Look, Suyre actually is not making too much of a stretch with scum. I'm just going to open up the floodgates now with this. This is the summary to the original. I know, I made a few contradictions about this(none of them favorable to my position), but I misread. http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=11
Using this, we can see some absurd happenings. One night, both mafias and the cops all had a shootout. Before that, one of those two mafias was already doing some killing. Another night, they attempted to frame a townie. You see, we've only been using a fraction of our possible powers.

So...yeah. What Suyre's been saying could probably happen. Also, just because DGB shot Dasquian does not make it a protown action. It seemed very rash and she should have at least consulted the town with that.

However, I see armlx's logic. So I'm going to get off DGB's back for now.
Unvote
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Surye wrote:I know who you REPORTED, not who you investigated. You could have EASILY sent in a false report.
I cannot do this. I'm sure the other investigators do not have such a choice either. I do not send the report. The report is sent by the Mod.
Surye wrote:
DGB wrote:How can they be opportunistic, AND looking very town???
What??? What's wrong with you, Surye? If you weren't mayor, I would totally call you out for being scum.

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Natirasha »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Surye wrote:I know who you REPORTED, not who you investigated. You could have EASILY sent in a false report.
I cannot do this. I'm sure the other investigators do not have such a choice either. I do not send the report. The report is sent by the Mod.
Surye wrote:
DGB wrote:How can they be opportunistic, AND looking very town???
What??? What's wrong with you, Surye? If you weren't mayor, I would totally call you out for being scum.
That's something to think about--what if we had a corrupt mayor? I mean, I highly doubt it, but it's still a possibility. I still trust Suyre 99%.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”