Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Before I go (just in case I get lynched), I'll try to leave the sane townies my suspicions:

Yosarian2 - While I think he is pushing for my lynch too strongly, it is not truly indicative of him being scum. In fact, the way Yosarian has really been intensely attacking me, even when I provide cohesive defenses, is not something I would expect the typical scum to do, which would be hit-and-run poking around. Then again, Yosarian isn't typical.

Dasquian - I get good vibes from him, but I see no evidence in regards to whether or not he is scum.

Guardian - If he is scum, he's the ballsiest scum I've seen in a long time. Pushing the Coron lynch and claiming to be a cop with a dead tracker are not smart plays if he was scum. I believe he is town.

DarlaBlueEyes - Part of me believes that the Watcher claim is something that her and her scumpartners could have decided would be the best to claim during the night. But she could also be legit. I don't have many good vibes, but would not bet one way or the other.

Joudas - Be wary. He hasn't been very active for most of day 2, and I feel he is lying low because there are two pro-town forces strongly clashing.

Macavenger - I couldn't see what everybody was suspicious of at first, but there are signs. He didn't want to be the decider in who would be lynched, and scum don't usually want to be linked to a dead townsperson. Also, he's been on every bandwagon so far, from Near to Coron to me, which indicates opportunism.

Near - Town, almost definitely, or the best scum actor ever.

PyroDwarf - not much of a read here. Pushed Guardian, got off when he claimed. That's about it. Guardian was never a serious candidate, and Pyro has never expressed his interest in being a part of the big-name lynches. He definitely deserves more attention.

Singing Librarian - similar to Pyro Dwarf. He gunned for Near's lynch, then Guardians, then unvoted when he claimed. Now has hopped on my wagon.

Overall, I have lots of suspects but nothing really solid, unfortunately. Most, if not all, of the activity today was just Yosarian pushing for my lynch and me defending myself, which is very unhelpful in the long run. Yos2, Macavenger, Dasquian, DBE, and Librarian are on my wagon. There may or may not be scum on this wagon, as it would be easy to just piggyback on Yos's logic for a free lynch, but perhaps even easier to just let the townspeople do it themselves.

Even though I am at L-1, I don't plan on claiming at the current time. I feel that I've defended myself against most points against me, and regardless of whether or not you think I am scum, it would be absolute foolishness to lynch me now and not make use of the rest of the day.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Guardian »

ya:

NO ONE HAMMER UNLESS U TELL MBF U ARE GOING TO AND THAT HE MUST CLAIM.

MBF: only claim if someone threatens to hammer, as above.

I dunno, the above post from mbf is like, super town vibes. His thoughts on me, DBE, Pyro, Joudas, all make sense.

I know this isn't at all fair to Yos2, and I probably won't gain support for it, but a mix of bad vibe + Yos2 is just so damn good at scum is making me just want to lynch Yos2.

shaft.ed and Yos2 are the only two players I've played with who I put the category: "no leads? lynch them".

I need to re-read and re-evaluate.

If I'm sane, then obv Joudas is cleared (or GF). If I'm not sane, I'll be a bit miffed. Imagine if I'm insane... :|. I only bring this up because if DBE is town... 3 investigative roles??
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Joudas »

MBF wrote:He hasn't been very active for most of day 2
Yeah, sorry about this, I've got this whole 'new baby' thing taking up a solid 98% of my time right now.

I've been saying Pyro's suspicious and have been getting essentially ignored. Thanks for that, by the way. Nobody seemed to want to take their attention off the big debate to touch it. Since we're looking in his direction again, can I get a little bit of a response to the allegations I made a few pages ago?
Joudas, Post 827 wrote:
FOS: PyroDwarf This makes essentially no sense from a pro-town standpoint.

If they target the same person, they'd have to announce who they're targeting in advance. This would mean they'd have to not target either of them (unless you're suggesting Guardian wastes his investigation targeting himself or DBE wastes hers targeting herself), and that the scum would know exactly who to kill to avoid detection. It essentially opens up the killing field for the scum.

Also, scum will most likely (assuming no doc) kill one of them or the other. So this wouldn't even work - one would die, and we'd still only have 1 result which we'd have to assume correct (or incorrect, but we'd have no more to base this on then we do now). Also, if one is lying about their claim, the other will be targeted for the NK and the scum-claimant will remain alive with no chance of detection. This is bad.

We definitely do not want them to announce in advance who they're targeting, as far as I can see it. Can you please explain why this would be a good idea?
As far as MBF, I'd consider hammering but not until we get a claim. Also, 3 information roles isn't that out there, if there's no doc and a roleblocker on scum side. Actually, I'd go so far as to say that having a cop instead of a doc is actually more beneficial to scum then town. Lots of info roles, sure, great, but we have no way to keep them alive, so we won't be getting much information out of them.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Macavenger »

Guardian wrote:I dunno, the above post from mbf is like, super town vibes. His thoughts on me, DBE, Pyro, Joudas, all make sense.
Partially I agree. His post is certainly a good idea if he's town, but I disagree with some of it. His stance on Joudas is a bit curious: be wary of him even though he's been cleared by a cop I claim to believe. Yeah GF blah blah, my reading of theory suggests that making godfather accusations against someone cop-cleared should only be done for very good reasons. Joudas also has like, pretty much the best reason ever for being kinda inactive right now.

I also strongly disagree with his comments on me, but I'll get to that in a minute.

His comments overall are a bit on the general/noncommittal side. I don't want to criticize that exactly, because I agree finding the scum in this game is pretty difficult right now, but that does make it easier for me to see it as possibly a scum generated post looking for town cred.
Guardian wrote:I know this isn't at all fair to Yos2, and I probably won't gain support for it, but a mix of bad vibe + Yos2 is just so damn good at scum is making me just want to lynch Yos2.

shaft.ed and Yos2 are the only two players I've played with who I put the category: "no leads? lynch them".
Honestly this makes me question your cop claim, Guardian. There's a very obvious answer to this situation for a cop. You've even stated it yourself earlier in the game.
mikeburnfire wrote:Macavenger - I couldn't see what everybody was suspicious of at first, but there are signs. He didn't want to be the decider in who would be lynched, and scum don't usually want to be linked to a dead townsperson.
Because townies want to be be responsible for killing other townies. :roll:

I didn't want to be a decision maker there, because A) I hate being wrong and B) I'd rather it have been a whole town thing, but there was a deadline and pretty clearly no town consensus. Still, I felt the need for someone to ensure there wouldn't be a no-lynch (since I agree with the vast majority of players that no-lynching Day 1 is bad), so I did it anyway.
mikeburnfire wrote:Also, he's been on every bandwagon so far, from Near to Coron to me, which indicates opportunism.
This is pretty much BS. I was on Near's wagon most of Day 1, inclunding a couple times when it was unpopular. I never touched any of the JtP wagons because I didn't buy into it. I also went after Guardian pretty much alone early Day 1, and was suspicious of Coron long before there was ever a wagon on him. Obviously I was wrong on at least a couple of those, but claiming I've been following the pack is an incomplete analysis, at best.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:52 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

a mix of bad vibe + Yos2 is just so damn good at scum is making me just want to lynch Yos2.
I know, right? I think it may have something to do with his "Most Cunning Manipulator" award.
MBF: only claim if someone threatens to hammer, as above.
Hammer threat or not, I don't plan on claiming at the current time. Again, I feel that I've defended myself against most points against me and that a lot of the votes on me are for (A) attacking Yosarian without cause, (B) flip-flopping, and (C) preferring no-lynch to perceived townie lynch. I've stopped doing (A), the evidence for (B) is fairly flimsy and the argument for (C) seems to be nothing than a difference of opinion.
His stance on Joudas is a bit curious: be wary of him even though he's been cleared by a cop I claim to believe.
Oops, forgot about that. :>

Sorry if my analysis was incomplete, Mac. I wanted to give my opinion on everybody, so I did a quick skim of your posts.
B) I'd rather it have been a whole town thing, but there was a deadline and pretty clearly no town consensus.
If you'd rather a lynch be a "whole town thing", then why did you participate in the speedlynch of Coron, when doing so prevented several players from being participants or even from giving their opinion?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Guardian »

fos: mac, yos

too lazy & busy to explain.
Do not lynch me.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Macavenger »

mikeburnfire wrote:If you'd rather a lynch be a "whole town thing", then why did you participate in the speedlynch of Coron, when doing so prevented several players from being participants or even from giving their opinion?
Deadline. At best Near was going to be lynched with 4, maybe 5 votes. That's the closest we had to a town consensus, and we weren't going to get any closer. I felt the need to make sure we wouldn't no lynch, and Coron ended up being how it worked out.

Honestly, with the experience of that speedlynch behind me, it's probably not something I'll do again. But we didn't have a full town consensus for anything, and after the hours of frantic discussion with the people available at deadline, Coron seemed like the best thing at the time.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote Count!

MBF 5 - Yos2, Macavenger, Dasquian, DBE, Singing Librarian
Macavenger 1 - Near

Not voting:

Joudas, Pyrodwarf, Guardian, MBF

With 10 players alive, it is 6 to lynch!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Macavenger wrote: Honestly this makes me question your cop claim, Guardian. There's a very obvious answer to this situation for a cop. You've even stated it yourself earlier in the game.
fos:mac
Trying to direct the cop is bad.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Guardian »

vote: Macavenger
Do not lynch me.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:17 am

Post by Dasquian »

I don't have a whole lot to add right now. MBF is at L-1 and I don't feel any less inclined to lynch him; I'd like to hear a claim. Yos2's FOS on Mac is fair, and Guardian's vote looks opportunistic, I still don't want to lynch Mac.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Guardian »

"Guardian's vote looks opportunistic"

..........????

Explain.
Do not lynch me.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:11 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'm not sure I'd consider it opportunistic, but his sudden vote for Mac is not unlike his sudden vote for me- unexplained. I'd like to know why he's going after Mac now. I don't even agree with Yosarian's FOS, because Mac wasn't trying to direct the cop, just saying that if a cop gets scumvibes from a player without any reason to suspect him, investigating him is a good option. I agree.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Guardian »

im goin after mac cuz I think he's suspicious.

i also disagree with yos's fos on mac it was really dumb.
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sounded to me like mac might have been trying to figure out who you were going to investigate tonight with that comment, Guardian, and/or try to tell you who to investigate.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Dasquian »

It looked opportunistic because, although your suspicion of Mac isn't new, you placed your vote on him the moment someone else FOSed him, which to me looked like an attempt to capitalise on some momentum.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Guardian »

how is it 'opportunistic' for me to place a 2nd vote on a mac wagon when I have like you said found him suspicious for a while? how is it opportunistic when I fos'd him in my last post?

for that to be even possibly 'opportunistic' it would require mbf to be scum, me to be scum with him, and mac to be town. is that what you mean by 'opportunistic'??
Do not lynch me.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Dasquian »

Dasquian wrote:looked like an attempt to capitalise on some momentum.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Guardian »

Last week of final exams; I'm not allowing myself to check the site from now until I am done with this semester's work. 1 week. I shouldn't be missed...

like i said id have to be scum with mbf for that to make any sense, and mac'd have to be town.

lots of assumptions....

anyways talk all you want, peace.
Do not lynch me.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:27 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Strange for Guardian to suddenly vote Mac, then disappear for a week.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Guardian »

I call shenanigans on post 919.

'sudden'? 'then disappear'?

wow im tempted to hammer u right now. whatever youll still be here in a week.

note how i just posted that in every single g ame im in
note how my vote wasnt sudden.

BTW: DBE, town, DBE should be watching me tonight. If I die, and DBE is all "oh, I didn't watch guardian." just lynch DBE, lying scum. It sure is directing the watcher -- watchers are intended to watch who will be NK'd -- "likely sane" cops are pretty good NK targets.

bye
Do not lynch me.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Erm, yes. Your vote was sudden, whether or not you've been suspicious of him for awhile, you only voted for him recently, and without explaining your actions.

I would think that you would unvote before leaving, given the recent events.

And no, since I am at L-1 and refusing to claim, there is no reason to believe I'll still be here in a week.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 11:28 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Also, you tacked on that "DBE should watch me tonight" as if you believed that the day would end while you are gone. It is all very suspicious.

FOS: Guardian

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Dasquian »

DBE:
if
you choose to watch Guardian tonight,
do not
reveal your results unless he dies. If he's scum, he could be fishing for the doctor through you.
Guardian wrote:like i said id have to be scum with mbf for that to make any sense, and mac'd have to be town.
I don't see why you'd have to be scum with mbf. It could just be that you're encouraging a Mac-bandwagon since you've been stoking the embers for a bit.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

wow lots of activity now, and thanks dasq, I hadn't considered that possibility.

I find this sudden Mac thing very weird, and its feeling like the coron thing all over again on Guardians part, we have a lynch pretty much and he starts a chain reaction if you will to get someone else lynched... Idk could just genuine suspicion on his part, or not, I guess we will see what happens.

I still would rather not lynch him with the possibility of him being our cop.

I must say I am a *tiny* bit less suspect of MBF but I still feel good about his lynch, better than any of our other options for sure.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”