Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Nyktorion »

I originally wanted to wait until everyone answered whether they wanted a mass-one-vig-claim or not, and then set up a random order of doing the claims. However, since we are running out of time, I think that it is better to just start the claiming right now, so I will begin with it:

Claim: I am not a one-shot vig who killed RC last night.

To get things moving a bit again, I will present my opinion about the remaining people in this game:

Something Awesome:
Thanks to OGML for reminding me of him. Both he and his predecessor have not been really helpful for town. The things his predecessor TNE actually said were also not really in his favor: we have the infamous posts #247 and #242. Moreover, my attention also got to the acts around BBs theory (who we know to be town now), starting on page 4, again. Looking at this again, TNE is looking really inconsistent here. Definitely still worthy of a FOS.

Jester:
Got my attention recently with his vehemence in arguing about the most probable setup (and that therefore voting instead of FOSing was still very). While, by that logic, I should be happy that he removed his vote now, I don't like the reasoning for that action at all. You have more faith in randomness than your own vote? I'll keep my FOS on you.

ryan/Battousai:
I did see some small points about ryan. Speaking of the BB-theory affair, ryan did not really make himself look good during the BB-theory discussion, either. I also got the slight impression that ryan and Tamuz might be affiliated during Day 1. However, from the point after Battousai replaced, I could find nothing supporting that connection, so my points are really too inconclusive to call him scum.

Tamuz/Mizzy:
We do have Johoohoo's case against Tamuz, which mostly agreed with (even though Mizzy calls the central points "null-tells"). However, again, I do not really dare to call Mizzy scum already.

Ecto/OGML, ROTN:
These are the players that I currently view as most townish.

For the mod:
FOS: Something Awesome
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Prodding Something Awesome. I am not happy with him right now. I should not have to prod players less than two weeks after they replace in.

Seventy-Ninth Vote Count (aka the "Make the Mod Happier! Vote Count):

Something Awesome (1) - OhGodMyLife (rep. Ectomancer)

Not Voting (6) - Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), Something Awesome (rep. thenextepisode)

It will take 4 votes to lynch before deadline

FoS Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Battousai (1) - Jester
Nyktorion (1) - Jester
Something Awesome (1) - Nyktorion

Final Deadline:
May 4, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)[/quote]
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 7:38 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

We're gonna need a serious burst of activity in the next two days if we want this day to be anything but a boon for the scum. Jester, I saw you mention throughout the thread that you usually only post twice a week, but I think in this situation some extra effort is warranted. Deadline lurking is
extremely
scummy, so anyone who engages in that will get a serious raised eyebrow from me at the least.

Continuing with the mass vigclaim:
I am
not
a one-shot vig who killed Rosso
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 7:02 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Is anybody out there? :?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Mizzy »

I was really hoping to see some good content from Something Awesome...hopefully he/she/they/whatever responds to their prod soon.

Though this should be obvious, Imma say it anyway:
I am NOT a one-shot vig who killed Rosso.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 6:54 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Am I honestly about to lynch this guy completely by myself? Something is very wrong with this picture.

Thank you for checking in at least Mizzy, but do you have any opinion on Something Awesome aside from the need for him to respond to a prod?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Approximately 24 hours until deadline.

Eightieth Vote Count (aka the "WTF 1 Vote?!" Vote Count):

Something Awesome (1) - OhGodMyLife (rep. Ectomancer)

Not Voting (6) - Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), Something Awesome (rep. thenextepisode)

FoS Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Battousai (1) - Jester
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

Final Deadline:
May 4, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Mizzy »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Am I honestly about to lynch this guy completely by myself? Something is very wrong with this picture.

Thank you for checking in at least Mizzy, but do you have any opinion on Something Awesome aside from the need for him to respond to a prod?
Yes, actually. I had a very pro-town reading from thenextepisode, who SA replaced. That feeling stems from this post:
thenextepisode #637 wrote:This makes me uneasy. Speculating about number of scum always makes me feel like its a mafia playing dumb.
I am not really sure why, but this line from him in combination with the rest of his play makes me feel pretty sure that he's pro-town. I can't imagine that a scummer would have ever said that sentence in that way when they were barely playing the game, anyway. Maybe it's just gut but I feel thenextepisode/SA is town.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Nyktorion »

Mizzy wrote:
thenextepisode #637 wrote:This makes me uneasy. Speculating about number of scum always makes me feel like its a mafia playing dumb.
I am not really sure why, but this line from him in combination with the rest of his play makes me feel pretty sure that he's pro-town. I can't imagine that a scummer would have ever said that sentence in that way when they were barely playing the game, anyway. Maybe it's just gut but I feel thenextepisode/SA is town.
I don't see how this could not also be said by scum seeing an opportunity to just post something. However, what *is* making me a bit uneasy about TNE/SA is the fact that all other people who acted "obviously" anti-town (RC, mozsuggs, Earwig) turned up vanilla.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:37 am

Post by Mizzy »

Nyktorion wrote:I don't see how this could not also be said by scum seeing an opportunity to just post something. However, what *is* making me a bit uneasy about TNE/SA is the fact that all other people who acted "obviously" anti-town (RC, mozsuggs, Earwig) turned up vanilla.
I don't think he was all-there enough to do something like that as scum, honestly.

And I realize I'm a broken record, but I
told
you guys about Rosso; I've played with him before. As for moz, he wasn't lynched; that wasn't anyone's doing.

Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Nyktorion »

Well... but who would you say we should lynch, then?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:01 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

This is pretty ridiculous guys. I'm actually lynching somebody by myself.

Mizzy, I think that case for TNE/SA's towniness is very WIFOM and those actions can fit easily into either town or scum play. Its certainly not enough to make me unvote and have a totally random lynch.
The Rules wrote:If by some miracle both the vote count and FoS count fail to produce a majority, the lynch will be decided by a best-out-of-three match of forum Rock, Paper, Scissors.
I trust my own judgement in finding scum much more than I trust this method to do so.

FoS: Jester, RotN, Bat
and a redundant
FoS: Something Awesome
for scummy, scummy deadline lurking.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Mizzy »

Pending hearing more from him, I think Battousai might not be a bad person to at least put some pressure on, because I still think the point that if he were town, he'd be dead and scum would have won already is a good one.

Also, the fact that thenextepisode made that correlation proves that he wasn't paying attention for shit and the fact that I think he did think of that himself without having read other posts makes me further think he's town. Shitty town, maybe, but town nonetheless.

FoS: Battousai

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Mizzy »

Oh hell, deadline impending.

Screw it,
Vote: Battousai

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Mizzy »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Mizzy, I think that case for TNE/SA's towniness is very WIFOM and those actions can fit easily into either town or scum play. Its certainly not enough to make me unvote and have a totally random lynch.
Well I did say it was gut, yes? It's still something I feel pretty strongly about.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:13 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

You're willing to force a tie on this?? I do not like this plan.

This is what I was talking about when I said that people swooping in at deadline and voting would be a problem. Its forcing a bad lynch.

Because the FoS count will be used as a tiebreaker I'm gonna do my best to keep this thing on Something Awesome. I don't see the sudden case on Bat, and I don't like Mizzy forcing the lynch off of SA at the last minute.

unFoS: Battousai
Big Honkin'
FoS: Mizzy
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Mizzy »

OhGodMyLife wrote:You're willing to force a tie on this?? I do not like this plan.

This is what I was talking about when I said that people swooping in at deadline and voting would be a problem. Its forcing a bad lynch.

Because the FoS count will be used as a tiebreaker I'm gonna do my best to keep this thing on Something Awesome. I don't see the sudden case on Bat, and I don't like Mizzy forcing the lynch off of SA at the last minute.

unFoS: Battousai
Big Honkin'
FoS: Mizzy
Of COURSE I'm going to force the lynch off someone I think is pro-town. Why would I not? Is that a scummy action? Trying to save someone we have gotten zero content from as of yet and who I think is innocent?

FoS: OGML
for being opportunistic. He's not here to defend himself and yet you want him dead. Good job.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:38 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mizzy wrote:I think Battousai might not be a bad person to at least put some pressure on, because I still think the point that if he were town, he'd be dead and scum would have won already is a good one.
CODE RED! CODE RED! WE HAVE INCOMING WIFOM!
Mizzy wrote:
FoS: OGML
for being opportunistic. He's not here to defend himself and yet you want him dead. Good job.
OMGUS ALERT!
Mizzy wrote:Of COURSE I'm going to force the lynch off someone I think is pro-town. Why would I not? Is that a scummy action? Trying to save someone we have gotten zero content from as of yet and who I think is innocent?
I call shenanigans. In fact, I call all of this last minute song and dance routine you're going through shenanigans. I warned everybody that if we didn't get activity in the last days leading up to the deadline we might have this problem, and here it is.

Your reason for voting Battousai is some crazy night kill speculation WIFOM. You accuse me of being opportunistic in trying to lynch Something Awesome, but I have had my vote on him for
four days
which gave him plenty of time to say something. You vote Battousai less than
one hour
before the deadline and think that I am scummy for attacking somebody who is not here to defend himself? Hi pot, I'm kettle. You are black like me.

You are trying to stop a Something Awesome lynch based on GUT and as far as I can tell GUT ALONE. You seem to be trying to lynch Battousai in his place for similarly bunk reasons. I am not going to stand by idly while you manipulate the deadline to your scummy whims based on your gut read of an inactive player.
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Nyktorion »

I think SA is the better lynch for today. Yes, we do ave the comparison to RC/Earwig, but in his case, we do have something more against him than just lurking and deadline lurking.

Vote: Something Awesome
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Mizzy »

OhGodMyLife wrote:CODE RED! CODE RED! WE HAVE INCOMING WIFOM!
I already admitted that it's WIFOM but just because it's WIFOM doesn't mean it's not something that we should consider. I'm not sure if you bothered looking at the track record in this game or not, but something needs to be done, and that something should be done while considering all the options.
OhGodMyLife wrote:OMGUS ALERT!
I'd have done that whether or not you had FoSed me, honestly; you're acting scummy and I don't like it.

OhGodMyLife wrote:I call shenanigans. In fact, I call all of this last minute song and dance routine you're going through shenanigans. I warned everybody that if we didn't get activity in the last days leading up to the deadline we might have this problem, and here it is.
I don't really care what you call it. I don't like what you're trying to pull and I think we should give someone who is in the middle of being prodded/replaced a chance to come back and add some content to the game. More information = good for the town.
OhGodMyLife wrote:Your reason for voting Battousai is some crazy night kill speculation WIFOM. You accuse me of being opportunistic in trying to lynch Something Awesome, but I have had my vote on him for
four days
which gave him plenty of time to say something. You vote Battousai less than
one hour
before the deadline and think that I am scummy for attacking somebody who is not here to defend himself? Hi pot, I'm kettle. You are black like me.
Something Awesome has not responded to prods and I believe he is being replaced whereas I don't think Battousai has been prodded at all yet. Not quite the same thing, though I see the point you're attempting to make.
OhGodMyLife wrote:You are trying to stop a Something Awesome lynch based on GUT and as far as I can tell GUT ALONE. You seem to be trying to lynch Battousai in his place for similarly bunk reasons. I am not going to stand by idly while you manipulate the deadline to your scummy whims based on your gut read of an inactive player.
I am not trying to lynch Battousai, I am putting my vote where my mouth is, hoping the action will get more people off their asses in the process. And as for why I am trying to stop an SA lynch, I'm doing it for more than just gut reasons. We stand to benefit more from a replacement of him than we do a lynch.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Mizzy »

Nyktorion wrote:I think SA is the better lynch for today. Yes, we do ave the comparison to RC/Earwig, but in his case, we do have something more against him than just lurking and deadline lurking.

Vote: Something Awesome
Which is what, exactly?

Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Nyktorion »

Mizzy wrote:Which is what, exactly?
Nyktorion in #725 wrote:
Something Awesome:
Thanks to OGML for reminding me of him. Both he and his predecessor have not been really helpful for town. The things his predecessor TNE actually said were also not really in his favor: we have the infamous posts #247 and #242. Moreover, my attention also got to the acts around BBs theory (who we know to be town now), starting on page 4, again. Looking at this again, TNE is looking really inconsistent here. Definitely still worthy of a FOS.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Nyktorion wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Which is what, exactly?
Nyktorion in #725 wrote:
Something Awesome:
Neither of those posts look particularly scummy to me, and in fact, they reinforce my thought that he might be a VI pro-towner.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Deadline has been reached.

Eighty-First Vote Count (Final Vote Count of Day 3):

Something Awesome (2) - OhGodMyLife (rep. Ectomancer), Nyktorion
Battousai (1) - Mizzy

Not Voting (4) - Battousai (rep. ryan), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), Something Awesome (rep. thenextepisode)

FoS Count:

Jester (2) - Nyktorion, OhGodMyLife
Battousai (2) - Jester, Mizzy
Nyktorion (1) - Jester
RangeroftheNorth (1) - OhGodMyLife

Final Deadline:
May 4, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 3

Frustrated by the inability of the town to come to any kind of consensus, OhGodMyLife and Nyktorion decided to take matters into their own hands.

Something Awesome had always been a bit of an outcast among the town. He was known for two things: being a crazy survivalist and being an avid MMO fan. Ironically, this combination of interests led to his death, as he was too busy playing World of WarCrack to notice OGML and Nyktorion putting the noose around his neck.

When Mizzy checked up on Something Awesome a few minutes later, she found a few things of note. First, Something Awesome was dead. Second, she could find no evidence that Something Awesome had ever been a friend of the Mafia. Finally, remembering Something Awesome's paranoia about Mafia groups, she thought to check on his survival gear.

Upon opening the room, she found several items lying around - a military-issue medical kit, a request for a favor from the local sheriff's deputy, and a set of boards and nails, among others. Most telling, however, was the rocket launcher Something Awesome had in the room, which showed clear evidence that Something Awesome had used it in the recent past.

... Oops.

Something Awesome (rep. thenextepisode), Townie Jack of All Trades, Deadline Lynched Day 3

It is now Night 3. Night will end no later than ~12:00 A.M, April 8, 2008 (approximately 96 hours from now). Due to my personal situation and the game state, I will open the thread on Tuesday, May 6, 2008 if all night actions are in by that time. Any players with night talk may talk until the beginning of Day 3.

Edited for accuracy. - Tar
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Tue May 06, 2008 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”