armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 5:50 am

Post by armlx »

Some random thoughts:

Unsure on CKD. His early game seemed somewhat odd, but since then he has been fairly steady. Another thing I noted was he was really surprised about Blaze's claim of recruit, though not sure if it means anything.

90% sure hjallti (well, whoever replaced him) is town, a lot based on how his predecessor attacked mno for a soft claim, and partly because I'm 90% sure I know what his role is based on his and penguins posts.

I'm confused by Occult this game.

This post by aioqwe's predecessor makes me wary of him
malthusis wrote:I want to go with viking's 'kill a scum either way' tactic but the fact that neither mnowax or blaze hasn't claimed yet is making me a little leery of doing that.
After re-looking over his posts, TSS is very single-minded from the get-go and is looking to lynch blaze.
TSS could be a Cult Recruiter (or a another SK, but I doubt that) just trying to get rid of competition.

Wax's statement of 'I could be wrong' makes him either a Watcher or a tracker, or just a really cunning recruit.
States he believes Mno, but no reason why. Then sets up a lynch chain...please viking, why couldnt this go the other way, lynch Mno and if he is town lynch Blaze?
Why would you want it to go the other way? Do you not trust Wax or is it something else?
Its so non-commital yet directing support to every option.

aioqwe: Why were you suspicious of Occult yesterday? Can you give any specific reasons?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Armlx is not scum in this game.
Beep! Beep!
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Norinel »

As promised,
retractable deadline: 2 weeks from this post.
Exact time to be determined when I know more about my schedule.

Vote Count

mnowax (1) - Beep! Beep!

Not voting (12): Everybody

7 to lynch
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 8:27 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

armlx wrote: 90% sure hjallti (well, whoever replaced him) is town, a lot based on how his predecessor attacked mno for a soft claim, and partly because I'm 90% sure I know what his role is based on his and penguins posts.
What's this about his predecessor? Penguinkat made 4 posts in the entire game and was clearly in over her head. When she FOSed Mno for the soft claim, it was over a page after said claim had been identified. Completely irrelevant content.

I'd very much like to hear what about kat's four posts helped you to determine a role. Also, I'd like to hear why you're holding aioqwe responsible for the posts of another predecessor who was also clearly a newbie. Also, what makes you think CKD's play has been solid? It's struck me as quite spotty.
Beep! Beep! wrote: Armlx is not scum in this game.
There are no scum in Cultafia.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 8:45 am

Post by armlx »

I fail to see your point as to why I can't hold them responsible. It's still actions. We can't question them about the logic obviously, but its still note worthy.

Me being 90% sure about hjallti's role comes more from his posts, but a little from penguins. Rather not reveal my exact thoughts on this for the obvious reasons of revealing people's potential roles being bad.

By solid, I was trying to convey something between seeming pro-town on its own and par for the course with what I have seen of him as town.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

Beep! Beep! wrote:Armlx is not scum in this game.
Do you mean he is not a cult recruitor, a recruitee, OR an SK?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote: There are no scum in Cultafia.
From the Wiki:
Scum
see also: Anti-town
Scum is a catch-all term for any member of an informed minority, such as Serial Killers and Mafia goons. During a day phase, everybody is seemingly trying to locate and eliminate these roles.

It is typical to use the word scum as an adjective or other means as well. (i.e. That's a scummish thing to do. or You are acting quite scummy.)
So, yes, there are scum.

This might seem like a semantic nitpick, but really, it's not, since I'd say "scum tells" apply pretty well to any anti-town role, especally an anti-town faction like a cult.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 10:22 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yos wrote: This might seem like a semantic nitpick, but really, it's not, since I'd say "scum tells" apply pretty well to any anti-town role, especally an anti-town faction like a cult.
Fine, but where were you when I made 174?

And I still think it is something important that people should keep in mind. Even if Beep! Beep! (for whatever reason) was absolutely postivie armlx was not cult
today
there's no guarantee for tomorrow.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 11:47 am

Post by armlx »

Obv, but something to consider is that those who start exhibiting scum tells later with no early indication are less likely to be recruiters and more likely recruits.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by vollkan »

Skruffs wrote: My point is that someone who is criticizing another for 'not pulling their own weight', and is at the same time is relying on other people to form cases FOR THEM to review, is in fact criticizing OTHER players for not pulling THEIR OWN weight.
I think what you meant to say is that someone who is criticising other people for not pulling their weight whilst, simultaneously, relying on others for cases to review is not pulling their weight.

I agree. I don't see the relevance of that though. We have:
1) You making a dodgy case and not 'pulling your weight'
2) Armlx making scant contribution other than criticising your case's lack of 'weight'

Neither of those is a good thing, and neither justifies the other. Armlx not pulling his weight does not legitimise you rejecting his "demand for significant amounts of proof from other people".
NN wrote: You put entire paragraphs in armlx's mouth at times when he was fairly active. It's almost as if he intentionally withdrew and submitted to being your puppet. Why did you assume you had handle enough on armlx's posts that they could (or should) be used to refute Skruffs? Why did you never ask for his input?
Tbh, it didn't really strike me as problematic. Armlx's and Skruff's positions were both fairly clear to me. At the time, I was arguing against Skruff's apparent obstinance in respect of reasons.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Yos wrote: This might seem like a semantic nitpick, but really, it's not, since I'd say "scum tells" apply pretty well to any anti-town role, especally an anti-town faction like a cult.
Fine, but where were you when I made 174?
Uh...I had more important stuff to talk about then? Heh. I'll admit that half the reason I mentioned that is I'm just trying to find something to talk about here, to get some kind of conversation going, both to hopefully stop the game from stalling and to hopefully get that deadline extension.

It's worrying that a mod mentiones a "retractable deadline" but yet most of the people in the game stay quiet. Why aren't more people posting?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 6:49 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote: Why aren't more people posting?
That's a good question. I'd like SL2.0 and Quinton in particular to contribue following (what I would assume to be) a concentrated read of the game. Particurally, changes in behavior in any players from one day to the other that might indicate recruitment.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding aioqwe, mnowax, springlullaby, the silent speaker, and Quinton.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I was convinced that armlx was town yesterday, but have been getting worrisome vibes from him recently, particularly the post where he says that mypenguinkat's posts reveal that he (later Hjallti and now springlullaby) is town. Given penguin's actual amount of posting, this seems... troublesome, to say the least.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by armlx »

Kat's post, on top of giving off town vibes, are consistent with the role I have Hjallti read for.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by aioqwe »

I'm still re-reading since I felt I should give the game a bit more attention.

Meanwhile, @armlx: I can't necessarily speak for my predecessor, but I'll give a more detailed comment once I've read to that point. (I forgot, but didn't you recently mention that replacements shouldn't necessarily be held responsible for the replaced’s actions?) I was suspicious of Occult yesterday mostly because of his support for blazerunner who claimed cult recruit. His seemed to provide subtle defense, until blazerunner "claimed" Which would seem consistent with what a leader would do to a new a recruit. Since blazerunner turned out to not be a recruit or leader, my suspicion of him has waned a bit.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Skruffs »

vollkan wrote:
Skruffs wrote: My point is that someone who is criticizing another for 'not pulling their own weight', and is at the same time is relying on other people to form cases FOR THEM to review, is in fact criticizing OTHER players for not pulling THEIR OWN weight.
I think what you meant to say is that someone who is criticising other people for not pulling their weight whilst, simultaneously, relying on others for cases to review is not pulling their weight.

2) Armlx making scant contribution other than criticising your case's lack of 'weight'

Neither of those is a good thing, and neither justifies the other. Armlx not pulling his weight does not legitimise you rejecting his "demand for significant amounts of proof from other people".
You got that wrong. I *never* have to legetimize a rejection of someone else's demand that I do ANYTHING for them. I have no obligation to do ANYTHING for armlx or anyone else who tells me to make cases for them to follow. What you should have said was that him not pulling his own weight does not justify me making dodgy cases, which would actually have applied, IF he had demanded I make a case before I made a dodgy one.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

To repeat myself,
Yosarian2 wrote:Volkan: I can appriciate a good debate as well as anyone, trust me; but, um, any thoughts on who might be scum?
In fact,
vote:Volkan
. With a deadline, I'm starting to wonder if he's intentionally drawing out a pointless debate, repeating the same points over and over again, just to stall us out. I wouldn't mind if he was actually voting for Skruffs and/or making a case against Skruffs, but as it just feels like he's trying to look active for the sake of trying to look active but not really doing anything helpful.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:27 am

Post by armlx »

aioqwe wrote:I'm still re-reading since I felt I should give the game a bit more attention.

Meanwhile, @armlx: I can't necessarily speak for my predecessor, but I'll give a more detailed comment once I've read to that point. (I forgot, but didn't you recently mention that replacements shouldn't necessarily be held responsible for the replaced’s actions?) I was suspicious of Occult yesterday mostly because of his support for blazerunner who claimed cult recruit. His seemed to provide subtle defense, until blazerunner "claimed" Which would seem consistent with what a leader would do to a new a recruit. Since blazerunner turned out to not be a recruit or leader, my suspicion of him has waned a bit.
Hmm, seems valid enough.

As for the question, I never said that exactly. If a replacement's actions drastically differ from the replacee's in a pro-town fashion I will err on the side of ignoring pre-replacement things, but if they don't really or the pre-replacement stuff was just that bad I will not let them have a clean slate. Your case was the former.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:00 am

Post by the silent speaker »

... Kat's posts were consistent with practically anything. He hardly posted.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 am

Post by armlx »

Its possible I'm just seeing things that aren't there, but I got the read on Hjallti's role from Hjallti's posts and Kat's posts just confirm it.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by mnowax »

i see what you are saying armlx, how ever i dont get how Kat is confirming it. can you give me a post number? you dont have to point it out, just a number will do.
Sure one more time for fun.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by armlx »

The one he FOSed you.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by vollkan »

Skruffs wrote:
vollkan wrote:

You got that wrong. I *never* have to legetimize a rejection of someone else's demand that I do ANYTHING for them. I have no obligation to do ANYTHING for armlx or anyone else who tells me to make cases for them to follow. What you should have said was that him not pulling his own weight does not justify me making dodgy cases, which would actually have applied, IF he had demanded I make a case before I made a dodgy one.
Now you are just playing semantics. Of course you don't
have
to obey any instruction - this is a game. You no more need to obey an instruction to post a case, or post a proper case, then you need to obey an instruction to only post in pig Latin. The point is, however, that making cases, arguing, and so forth is what drives this game.

Let me be blunt: I really dislike the fact that you would refer to the level of activity of somebody else as a means by which to bypass a criticism of your case.

At the most rudimentary summary of the events:
Armlx wrote:
Umm, Hjallti replaced in pretty recently, the number of responses to his posts is going to be limited regardless of who it is. I also responded to his major post about there beign 2 vigs and what not, agreeing with the logic.

You also suggest I should auto know thats your only reason, which is pretty stray to vote off of. Maybe at the start of day one its worth a vote, but afterwards its merely one piece to add to a full case. I assumed you had more than just that.

Skruffs, I am unimpressed with the effort you are putting into this game. You really need to step up your reading and analysis before I consider anything you have said. I quite frankly ignored your posts yesterday as you were commenting on 7 page old content out of current context.
Skruffs wrote: Amlx - you and the person he replaced also didn't discuss each other.

You quoted the thing from hjltill, didn't comment on it except to bring attention to it,a nd then questioned why someone else brought it up.

It really does not bother me if you are 'unimpressed' by me. I'm actually used to people using my 'lack of reason' as an excuse to ignore me - IF you want, I will compile a list of the percentage of people who say stuff like that and turn out ot be scum.

I am interested, not in your focus on only targeting cult-recruiters, but in your demand for significant amounts of proof from other people to explain why they are focusing on cult recruiters.

I'm kind of curious about your attitude - you seem to be rather lofty and comfortable in the position you are in. Why?

Also, you did talk about hjalltill in another post:

<snip>

I think it's interesting that you have no problem criticizing other people's attempts at pushing things, but you yourself admit that you have no leads. You criticize me, apparently, for suggestuing you should 'auto-know' my reasons for doing things, but YOUR attitude is that you do not have any intentions of investigating motivations and such, yourself. Which is why I am asking if you can be so comfortable in your place in the game as to be so critical of others and unhelpful yourself.
You don't explain the significance of the point you make against Hjallti. Instead, you go on a tirade against Armlx for criticising your activity level. It's patently evasive. The number of posts made by somebody is irrelevant to the question of whether or not your own case is substantial or not.

Really, the most you ought to have said would be:
"Hey, armlx. Post a scumdar."

Instead, your bring his lack of content in as a relevant factor. The clearest example of this to me was when you said:
Skruffs wrote: I think that people, if they are going to criticize the 'quality' of other player's probings and cases, should at the very least offer their own in return.
The fact that you made a dodgy case is not, in and of itself, relevant here. The issue is with how you dealt with criticism of it.
Yosarian2 wrote:To repeat myself,
Yosarian2 wrote:Volkan: I can appriciate a good debate as well as anyone, trust me; but, um, any thoughts on who might be scum?
In fact,
. With a deadline, I'm starting to wonder if he's intentionally drawing out a pointless debate, repeating the same points over and over again, just to stall us out. I wouldn't mind if he was actually voting for Skruffs and/or making a case against Skruffs, but as it just feels like he's trying to look active for the sake of trying to look active but not really doing anything helpful.
I see two points here. 1) You can't see any point to the argument, therefore 2) it is most likely I am scum trying to lead people up a never-ending staircase.

2) is conjecture and unfalsifiable. It's your assumption as to my motive and I can say no more about it.

However, 2) is very much dependent on 1) being true. And I can address 1). Do I think Skruffs is scummy on the basis of our argument? Yes. I haven't voted for him simply because I am trying to see if I can understand where he is coming from. Suffice to say, that I do think Skruffs is scummy - primarily from the fact that he strikes out against Armlx's level of content in defence of his own, which expands through the argument we have been having.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:48 am

Post by aioqwe »

vollkan wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
vollkan wrote:

Now you are just playing semantics. Of course you don't
have
to obey any instruction - this is a game. You no more need to obey an instruction to post a case, or post a proper case, then you need to obey an instruction to only post in pig Latin. The point is, however, that making cases, arguing, and so forth is what drives this game.

Let me be blunt: I really dislike the fact that you would refer to the level of activity of somebody else as a means by which to bypass a criticism of your case.

At the most rudimentary summary of the events:
Armlx wrote:
Umm, Hjallti replaced in pretty recently, the number of responses to his posts is going to be limited regardless of who it is. I also responded to his major post about there beign 2 vigs and what not, agreeing with the logic.

You also suggest I should auto know thats your only reason, which is pretty stray to vote off of. Maybe at the start of day one its worth a vote, but afterwards its merely one piece to add to a full case. I assumed you had more than just that.

Skruffs, I am unimpressed with the effort you are putting into this game. You really need to step up your reading and analysis before I consider anything you have said. I quite frankly ignored your posts yesterday as you were commenting on 7 page old content out of current context.
Skruffs wrote: Amlx - you and the person he replaced also didn't discuss each other.

You quoted the thing from hjltill, didn't comment on it except to bring attention to it,a nd then questioned why someone else brought it up.

It really does not bother me if you are 'unimpressed' by me. I'm actually used to people using my 'lack of reason' as an excuse to ignore me - IF you want, I will compile a list of the percentage of people who say stuff like that and turn out ot be scum.

I am interested, not in your focus on only targeting cult-recruiters, but in your demand for significant amounts of proof from other people to explain why they are focusing on cult recruiters.

I'm kind of curious about your attitude - you seem to be rather lofty and comfortable in the position you are in. Why?

Also, you did talk about hjalltill in another post:

<snip>

I think it's interesting that you have no problem criticizing other people's attempts at pushing things, but you yourself admit that you have no leads. You criticize me, apparently, for suggestuing you should 'auto-know' my reasons for doing things, but YOUR attitude is that you do not have any intentions of investigating motivations and such, yourself. Which is why I am asking if you can be so comfortable in your place in the game as to be so critical of others and unhelpful yourself.
You don't explain the significance of the point you make against Hjallti. Instead, you go on a tirade against Armlx for criticising your activity level. It's patently evasive. The number of posts made by somebody is irrelevant to the question of whether or not your own case is substantial or not.

Really, the most you ought to have said would be:
"Hey, armlx. Post a scumdar."

Instead, your bring his lack of content in as a relevant factor. The clearest example of this to me was when you said:
Skruffs wrote: I think that people, if they are going to criticize the 'quality' of other player's probings and cases, should at the very least offer their own in return.
The fact that you made a dodgy case is not, in and of itself, relevant here. The issue is with how you dealt with criticism of it.
Yosarian2 wrote:To repeat myself,
In fact,
I see two points here. 1) You can't see any point to the argument, therefore 2) it is most likely I am scum trying to lead people up a never-ending staircase.

2) is conjecture and unfalsifiable. It's your assumption as to my motive and I can say no more about it.

However, 2) is very much dependent on 1) being true. And I can address 1). Do I think Skruffs is scummy on the basis of our argument? Yes. I haven't voted for him simply because I am trying to see if I can understand where he is coming from. Suffice to say, that I do think Skruffs is scummy - primarily from the fact that he strikes out against Armlx's level of content in defence of his own, which expands through the argument we have been having.
This sort of stuff makes me scared to re-read. (Gah! I can't even type correctly...)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”