PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 5:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Considering how surye did not make good on his deal to blow himself up. He is obv scum

Vote: Surye

Let's run him up to the necessary "dynamiting" votes and then let's decide on who is blasting him.

ATM I hate to admit it but CEScum does make one good point about the sarc wagon. Some people jumped on at the last minute with little reason. Me and quag were supporting that wagon early and NabNab getting on it doesn't surprise me with the comments he made toward sarcastro earlier in the day. I moved my vote between Sarcastro and Surye since I wanted them both to go off since I believe both of them could have been scum.

I'd argue that Elmo got on the sarc wagon with the least amount of reason. I can see him as scum since he has done basically nothing in the game. He never even explained his vote on Erg0 or marmalade really. So I'd like to see Elmo and Surye blow up today.

@Flameaxe,
please Vote for one of the people you mentioned so I can count it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Vote Count of Day 5:

Surye - 1(PokerFace)
Yosarian2 - 1(CEScum)

Not Voting - 11(Everyone else)

13 people alive so its 7 votes needed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Surye »

PokerFace wrote:Considering how surye did not make good on his deal to blow himself up. He is obv scum
I came home and the did was done already. I don't know why he didn't wait, we still had enough time to wait before the deadline, and give me a chance to make good.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

You'll have your chance to make good today.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Surye »

EBWOP: I came home and the
deed
was done already.

And as with yesterday, I will go with town today. People just need to stop taking the game into their own hands.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 7:51 am

Post by elvis_knits »

How much time was really left?

vote surye
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 8:45 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Claus dynamited with five hours left before deadline, roughly 7 pm Surye's time. Surye made no posts for over 12 hours before and after Elmo's posts. The story seems to check out, but you have to wonder why he made no other post in other games on the day of the deadline/why he committed himself to explode at a time when he would be away from the site.

Like I said before, I was under the impression that Surye was a dead man, so there was a need to choose another candidate and no need to pay any more attention to his wagon. Instead, we should be looking at competition between the Yos and Sarc wagons for the second candidate.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:I'm back, and last day was a disaster.

Surye and Yos are probably scum together. Notice how people jumped from Surye to Sarc after lights were struck, without much new reasons to do so.

Vote Yos
Oh, the guy who never mentioned Surye before today is suddenly accusing me of being scum with him for no reason, even though I've been pushing for Surye to die for quite a while now. And then you vote for me instead of for Surye.

vote:Surye
vote:CES

I know we were doing single votes, but I don't care. I'm pretty sure both CES and Surye are scum, and that CES is despretaly trying to distance and to link me to his scumbuddy here with this baiscally logic-less post.

In any case, Surye needs to die today.
NabakovNabakov wrote:Instead, we should be looking at competition between the Yos and Sarc wagons for the second candidate.
Uh, why, exactally? Sarc was town, and so am I, so I doubt scum really cared which one of us died; besides, I was only the third candidate. I never had more then 3 votes on me all day yesterday, and 2 of them were from CES and Elvis; and I can't really see any possible way for CES and Elvis to both be town here, can you? 3 votes is just barely a bandwagon at all, and mine was pretty clearly scum driven.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 4:19 am

Post by skitzer »

vote surye, vote yosarian2

I believe there should be at least one scum in the above duo. It makes verymuch sense now.

:doubleplusgood:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I'm not sure if I should count those or not. For the moment I am not going to since I believe the voting method Adel thought up is probably better considering the points she brought up in posts 111, 112. I don't really think Yosarian2 or skitzer is doing what Adel suggested scum could do with two votes but regardless I think the system we got going is still better with that in mind. If people want to disagree or have me use a new voting system then explain why, otherwise I am keeping this one in use.

@Quagmire,
since PEG is gone you should pick a new enforcer replacement if you feel this is necessary.

Also in case something should happen to me somebody should be willing to volunteer to do the vote counting in case I don't take the time to pick someone to keep doing it later. Well I got to go now later all.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Def.

Will need to read before deciding on number 2.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Don't like the way that people who have basically lurked all game here, like Skitzer and Flameaxe, are blindly bandwagoning without giving reasons.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by kuribo »

PokerFace wrote:Considering how surye did not make good on his deal to blow himself up.
That right there is probably the shortest--- and best argument against surye yet.

Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Surye »

I wasn't given the chance to, keep your dynamite in your pants guys.

Right now the lurkers are the most dangerous players period. You guys make it a point to ignore them, and it's going to cause town to lose.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 7:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Do we have 2 votes now?

I thought having 2 votes was pro-scum who can vote their scum buddies for distance while pushing another forward at the same time...
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:56 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

This situation should not be an excuse to switch to having two votes. Once Surye is (inevitably) bandwagoned to extinction, we can use our votes to select a proper second.

I'm dissapointed in the number of people just saying "He didn't blow himself up, lol" as justification for their vote. Posting records
do
indicate that Surye was not on for 12 hours before Elmo did the deed, that's not something you can just ignore. However, I have some misgivings about the whole situation. By all measures, Surye wouldn't have been on the site at deadline either. Whether he was just avoiding the site or couldn't legitimately post, it doesn't look good for him. (Considering that if he
knew
he wasn't going to be away, he should have dynamited the last time on the site if he had the honest intention of going through with it)

I would like Surye to address these concerns before he's wagoned into oblivion.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Quagmire »

I want to vote for kuribo as my replacement enforcer.

That said, Surye and Yos need to blow themselves up today. It's too easy.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yes, Suyve is obv scum, and needs to die today.

Does someoen want to actually make a case against me, or are you all just going to keep mindless repeating "Yos needs to die"?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Considering how surye did not make good on his deal to blow himself up.
That right there is probably the shortest--- and best argument against surye yet.

How about coming up with a real argument of your own? Would you rather the day be cut short, or should we wait as long as possible? No one should have blown up but me. I was home in time to blow up, but the deed was already done, and I was tired, so I just went to bed without posting since there's nothing I could have done that night now that there was a dynamite.

Even if the deadline went, it would be 1 townie dead vs 3, and if you really all think I am scum, wouldn't letting the deadline go be more proof that I am scum rather then risking 2 extra townies? Claus knew he was town, so the best he could have done was kill 1 scum, and two town would have died. I don't like what he did, and I hope it doesn't happen again. If I am voted again, which all of you seem to have this "rock solid" case against me, lets follow the plan, okay? And not pointlessly risk more townies. I hope if I have to go, I will take a scum with me to make all this worth it, and to increase the odds, lets stick to the plan.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Surye »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, Suyve is obv scum, and needs to die today.

Does someoen want to actually make a case against me, or are you all just going to keep mindless repeating "Yos needs to die"?
Says the parrot.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Quagmire »

Your reluctance to get blown up has been duly noted, and is grounds for absolute dismissal, in my opinion.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quagmire wrote:

Your reluctance to get blown up has been duly noted, and is grounds for absolute dismissal, in my opinion.
In a similar vein.

Surye, what has changed between today and yesterday that makes you any less deserving of being blown up? Enough people wanted you dead before to force you to strike a light, why are you straw-dogging the issue into one of deadlines and schedules? (which I'll admit I played along with)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Quagmire wrote:

In a similar vein.

Surye, what has changed between today and yesterday that makes you any less deserving of being blown up? Enough people wanted you dead before to force you to strike a light, why are you straw-dogging the issue into one of deadlines and schedules? (which I'll admit I played along with)
Because I told you I am ready and raring to blow up again, this time done right? In fact.

STRIKE A LIGHT

Now lets see if we can't find some scum. My guess is scum is on my wagon, Quag and Yos both offer nothing to the Surye table, explain your vote now.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo, you too.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by kuribo »

Surye wrote: How about coming up with a real argument of your own?
Why? It's already been laid out with far more eloquence than I'm capable of.

You guys say the word and I'll blow Surye up myself.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”