Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Is this a belief that follows from DBE's part in Coron's lynch, or have you gleaned it from his play directly? If so (or even, if not), what do you think of his propensity for switching his vote around so readily?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Guardian »

I think the axis of evil is in the area of duck, mac, yos, dbe.

(Nod)

unvote vote: Macavenger
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Dasquian wrote:Is this a belief that follows from DBE's part in Coron's lynch, or have you gleaned it from his play directly? If so (or even, if not), what do you think of his propensity for switching his vote around so readily?
Both. Same thing as MBF.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Joudas »

Albert wrote:My friend, I've played maybe 40 games more than you on this site. I've even modded with Claus before.
Are you suggesting with this statement that you are right and I am wrong purely based on experience on this site? I will be very surprised if you end up being right on your DBE analysis.
Guardian wrote:I think the axis of evil is in the area of duck, mac, yos, dbe.
Of the four of them, I'd be most willing to vote for Dasquian or Mac if it came down to it. Yosarian seems sincere to me, and I've already stated my thoughts on DBE. Maybe I'm just naive, though, who knows.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 pm

Naw. That was in response to this:
Joudas wrote:
Albert wrote:its rare that there is both a tracker and a watcher in a game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

wow talk about activity.

Honestly I am also suspicious of Guardian's constant vote hoping, but as I stated before, even tho he doesn't sit right with me, I wont lynch him due to his cop claim, and I will watch him tonight. (don't want a coron repeat)

I am a little bit leary of watching him because if he is indeed the cop, the mafia have a perfect opportunity to off the cop and implicate the watcher. But I will watch him none the less.

Will comment more later but I must say I have to be a little bit suspicious (maybe this is totally off) of Alebrt/Guardian. Their recent actions are suspect in my mind but not really enough to vote them.

(btw holy crap Albert you're very intimidating xD)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 pm

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:(btw holy crap Albert you're very intimidating xD)
lol sorry

See, I'm all nice and smiley in reality :P
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

lol!! Whataya know, a regular ball of sunshine!! (^^,)

(totally got that Keanu Reeves thing goin there too...
There is no Spoon.
)
Show
you done goofed.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:40 pm

What do you think about this quote ?
Joudas wrote:
Albert wrote:Why would you target a player you find suspicious ? Are you looking for power roles ??
This, I think, is more a matter of her being new to Mafia and not fully understanding roles and role interactions.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

TBH I had no idea what I was doing, and just picked someone randomly, This was my first game, and I was pretty much lost.

I thought if i found Dasq suspicious, I could prove that he was or wasn't scum (srsly I have no idea of how I was supposed to figure it out) by who did or didn't target him as well.

I am new, not that is always a good defense but I think it was the case in my choice there...

looking back it was pretty dumb but I had no idea at the time
Show
you done goofed.

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote Count!

MBF 5 - Yos2, Macavenger, Dasquian, DBE, Singing Librarian
Dasquian 1 - ABR
Macavenger 1 - Guardian

Not voting:

Joudas, Pyrodwarf, MBF

With 10 players alive, it is 6 to lynch!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:56 pm

Darla, would it be okay if you unvoted MBF to prevent, say, a situation where a mafiate would drop the hammer before Mike could respond to a few key points ?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

unvote

Im cool with that I can always revote later if I feel the need. I was never 100% sold on MBF, but he seemed the best candidate at the time.
Show
you done goofed.

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Dasquian »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I am a little bit leary of watching him because if he is indeed the cop, the mafia have a perfect opportunity to off the cop and implicate the watcher. But I will watch him none the less.
This doesn't make too much sense; if they do this, you will know who killed the cop. Unless, of course, this is stage 1 in the plan which involves killing the cop then lying about who targetted him.

Right now, I'm not feeling fantastic about any of the more active players as being scum. Even though DBE and Guardian are both scummy in their own ways, even if I was pretty sure one was scum I still think their claims make them the wrong lynch today.

PyroDwarf and Singing Librarian are flying under the radar; the latter in particular.

mbf is still a decent lynch, though, and I don't think his rebuttals to Yos2 were particularly compelling. I also don't see why I should believe he is town as strongly as ABR does. Mac + Joudas I have no read on at all. Yos2 I get a town read on, and although he makes children wet their beds at night, he's done nothing overtly scummy.

In conclusion, I still think mbf is the current best choice of lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:I think the axis of evil is in the area of duck, mac, yos, dbe.

Uhhhh....based on what, exactally?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

It looks to me like he expected one of two things to happen:
1. Near gets lynched without his help, he gets to keep attacking Coron the next day all day and perhaps get him lynched then, avoids being on a bad wagon at the moment of lynch
2. No-lynch happens, town gets no informaton, he gets to keep attacking Coron the next day.
and note that Mike basically admitted to motive #2 here, which is really interesting.
Yep.
if he didn't like the Near wagon, he should have tried to find the town a better wagon, and he should have done it a heck of a lot earlier. Instead, looking back at his posts before that point, you can see that he seems in no rush, that seems to like the way the town was drifting towards a deadline lynch of Near.
This is... wow. Go back and see how I tried to push the town OFF a near lynch and ONTO a DBE wagon before Coron's crazy move.
The new guy wrote:I'm waiting on MBF to post his thoughts on Dasq, Blueeyes and your case.
I've never really had faith in DBE. I gave her some leeway yesterday after she claimed a power role, but I don't really buy the watcher claim; I think an experienced player helped her conceive it (Dasq would be most likely, considering he said that tracker/watcher combo made sense). I wouldn't mind a DBE lynch today, but I don't want to be on it, considering how I was the one who pushed so hard for Coron's death yesterday.

Dasq? Well, I had good vibes early on, but they are gone now. ABR makes a good argument for Dasq and DBE being on the same team, but I'm not completely sold yet.

As for Yos, I dunno. Could go either way. I'm not really feeling it anymore, and definitely don't want to lynch him today. I'm placing my faith in that he'll eventually stop pushing so much for my death and start helping me find scum.

I still don't see why Guardian is pushing for Mac's death, but I haven't seen him give good explanations for a lot of his votes. He just kinda does it.

Actually, I'm most suspicious about Pyro Dwarf. Considering that most mafia buddies don't want to ALL be on one person's wagon, and considering that the only people NOT on my wagon are ABR (likely town), Guardian (assuming town), Joudas (assuming investigated innocent), Mikeburnfire (obv) and Pyrodwarf, I'd bet Pyrodwarf to be scum. Also, his recent attempt at fishing for a doctor is pretty convincing in itself.

Librarian? Eh.... can't tell. Very late bandwagoning putting me back to L-1. I was explaining myself alot and people were going "eh... I'm not convinced..." so SL's sudden addition to my wagon seems like he was waiting until my lynch was almost inevitable so he could vote and not worry about having to explain it.

Of course, that seems to be the theme lately.

vote: pyrodwarf
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Are you guys serious ?

Okay...

Yosarian, Joubert, all of ya'll, riddle me this:

Can a power role fail so badly at reading their own role pm as to employ their abilities for the opposite effect ?

This is a grown lady we are talking about here, guys (heck, she's older than me). I find it incredulous to buy into this gambit.
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Joudas »

"Joubert"? Who the fuck... never mind. I'll assume that at least superficially you're referring to me. :)

This is an interesting question, however, let me pose a counter-question: Can a townie, having read the fiasco that happened night 0 due to "Hey he claimed PR and I think he's lying!" syndrome, honestly be suggesting that we lynch a claimed power role on the chance that they may be lying?

That said, we know she's new. Maybe she's just using that to make excuses to cover herself. But I don't buy it, at least not right now. Watcher + tracker is a much more likely pair then cop + tracker, and as I've said, I'm inclined to believe we have all 3.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:47 pm

That's just fucking stupid.
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Joudas »

In the meantime, I'm going to put my money, or in this case my vote, where my mouth is when I say that I'm in complete agreement over Singing Librarian's nearly complete lack of discussion thus far. I voted Near for it on day 1 and for now, I'm doing the same for Singing Librarian.

Just so I don't take (as much) shit for it later, I'll say right now that I'll immediately switch my vote to either PyroDwarf or Mac if it'd hammer them.

Vote: Singing Librarian

Singing Librarian: Can you comment on recent developments, please? That'd be great, thanks.
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Joudas »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:That's just fucking stupid.
no u r.

Seriously, though, are you suggesting we lynch a claimed power role now, rather then seeing how things go and doing it day 3 if necessary?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I don't think it's too much of a shot in the dark to say that Dasq, DBE, and Pyrodwarf could be our scumteam, or close to it.

Joudas, I'm pretty sure ABR's suggesting we lynch Dasq, who has NOT claimed a power role.

Can somebody
please
explain to me the case on Mac. I'm sure I've asked this before, so maybe I'm just overlooking it.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:56 pm

We have to lynch her
eventually
. I want everyone to agree that she gets the noose tomorrow, unless Guardian somehow survives.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Sorry I haven't had enough time for mafia the last few days.

I've skimmed the couple pages I missed. Hi Albert.
Unvote
. Not too keen on lynching MBF at the moment.

I'm having a hard time getting my head around this game lately. More substantial post to come probably tomorrow, or if not almost certainly Thursday. I need more mental energy than I have right now to really look over Albert's posts and such.

On this directing the cop business: while it wasn't my goal, I can see how what I said could be interpreted as directing the cop, and why this is bad. However, I'm curious why my questioning why someone with cop powers would want to lynch someone they can't read gets an FoS and vote and such, while DBE blatantly asking the cop to investigate her sometime early gets basically ignored? Feels like a pretty steep double standard there to me.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

ABR, Why? We have no irrefutable proof that she is scum, only theories. Besides, information can be revealed between now and tomorrow, namely information on our lynch and the mafia's kill or lack thereof. I will not make any promises about who to kill tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”