Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: How about coming up with a real argument of your own?
Why? It's already been laid out with far more eloquence than I'm capable of.

You guys say the word and I'll blow Surye up myself.
You think I am scum? Then why blow me up? Did you all fail math? Any town blowing me up guarantees 2 town deaths tonight, 3 including me. However, even if you don't believe I am town, why do that so early kuribo? Or are you just saying that to try to prove a point, and get it in the record? Or do you just fail at basic arithmetic.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
And nothing of real value has been laid out. Have you even read the thread or are you just jumping on the closest bandwagon? The fact that you're not even playing, coupled with the pointless threat to blow me up, you're first on my list to go, but I want to hear from others first.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by kuribo »

Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
And nothing of real value has been laid out. Have you even read the thread or are you just jumping on the closest bandwagon? The fact that you're not even playing, coupled with the pointless threat to blow me up, you're first on my list to go, but I want to hear from others first.
It's not pointless, I'm going to blow you to kingdom come as soon as the town's ready.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In general, both of you are acting a little too rashly. I recently took sometime to do some math and I looked at one of skruffs earlier posts.
Skruffs wrote:No matter how many mafiates there are, we will need that many (x)*3 + 1 players alive.
That means if there are 3 mafiates, we need 10 players.
If there are four, (more likely in my opinion), we need 13.

If Adel in her "quick lynch" fever (just like LML and blazerunner before) is a townie who just killed another town, then going into tomorrow we will be down to 13 players, which is lylo if we have 4 mafiates. If we have five, then we've lost the game because we will not have enough players to kill the scum after today, once you take nightkills into account.
Part of what Surye said earlier on this page is very valid. 3 people die with each lynching (The 2 that dynamite and the night kill)

lylo arrives when we just barely have enough people left to blow up the remaining scum. If we assume 4 scum: 4*3 = 12-1+1 = 12. (One is subtracted at the end because the scum won't get a night kill after their last member dies. however that 1 is added back because we would need at least one more than 11 people alive in order to blow up the scum and have at least one townie still standing.) That would make lylo TODAY since we have 13 which is just more than 12

If there are 3 scum: 3*3 = 9-1+1 = 9. That would make lylo tomorrow when we have 10 people left. I servely doubt we have three scum because that seems unbalanced alittle, but if we do that would make Yosarian's earlier "3 scum comment" a highly valid tell. I'm going to look at his comments towards claus earlier and see if they were a valid case on claus or and OMGUS attack aimed at Claus.

The questions Surye just asked I think are rather valid. Kuribo first voted Surye Late into Day 3. What were your full reasons for getting on his case then Kuribo? I understand some of what was brought up on Surye Pre-day 4. Do you?

Yosarian2 also mentioned not liking Surye in some of his posts on Day3. I recall him mentioning some dislike for Surye then, but I can't recall why or what all he said. I'm sure I'll find it while i'm looking for his posts directed at Claus, BUT I am not against seeing him mention it again here so I ain't got to search all over. I'd like to hear Yosarian's answer.

I think I can guess what Quagmire will say, but I'll let him say it if he wants.

NabakovNabakov wrote:Claus dynamited with five hours left before deadline, roughly 7 pm Surye's time. Surye made no posts for over 12 hours before and after Elmo's posts. The story seems to check out, but you have to wonder why he made no other post in other games on the day of the deadline/why he committed himself to explode at a time when he would be away from the site.

Like I said before, I was under the impression that Surye was a dead man, so there was a need to choose another candidate and no need to pay any more attention to his wagon. Instead, we should be looking at competition between the Yos and Sarc wagons for the second candidate.
I was in a hurry when I made part of my last post and missed this comment from NabNab. It is an important comment and Surye has appeared to answer some of NabNab's good comment.
NabakovNabakov wrote:This situation should not be an excuse to switch to having two votes. Once Surye is (inevitably) bandwagoned to extinction, we can use our votes to select a proper second.

I'm dissapointed in the number of people just saying "He didn't blow himself up, lol" as justification for their vote. Posting records
do
indicate that Surye was not on for 12 hours before Elmo did the deed, that's not something you can just ignore. However, I have some misgivings about the whole situation. By all measures, Surye wouldn't have been on the site at deadline either. Whether he was just avoiding the site or couldn't legitimately post, it doesn't look good for him. (Considering that if he
knew
he wasn't going to be away, he should have dynamited the last time on the site if he had the honest intention of going through with it)

I would like Surye to address these concerns before he's wagoned into oblivion.
This second comment by NabNab repeats the first comment and brings up how we should do the voting wagon's of selecting who to go off. Should something happen to me i think I'd like NabNab to take care of the voting if he wouldn't mind. You accept that responcibility NabNab?

I'll get around to tallying/posting a vote count later. Since Surye Struck a light and mentioned he will be going up I may change the style of the vote count to reflect that he is going off. But regardless I don't think anyone should blow anyone up until everyone has there say and some of these question are answered. If we are in lylo TODAY, 1 rash explosion could be the end of us so its best we stay organized.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

Surye

Names in
orange
may make a Dynamite attack.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, Suyve is obv scum, and needs to die today.

Does someoen want to actually make a case against me, or are you all just going to keep mindless repeating "Yos needs to die"?
Your reluctance to get blown up has been duly noted, and is grounds for absolute dismissal, in my opinion.
Uh, and what, exactally, are you basing this idea that I'm somehow especally reluctent to be blown up? I'm always going cautious in daykilling games, overhasty town in these games leads to disasters, but I'm perfectly willing to blow myself up if necessary.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, I really am bugged by the way that right now, when we're probably in lynch or lose, all these lurkers are coming out of nowhere and blindly bandwaogning for absolutly no reason. Quag's the only person who's given a reason for suspecting anyone at all today.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:31 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
It's not pointless, I'm going to blow you to kingdom come as soon as the town's ready.
I don't get this, I really don't. Why would a townie willingly volunteer to be one end of a dynamiting? From Kuribo's perspective
any
random player besides himself increases the probability of scum being in the dynamite, and that's not something you should dismiss even if you're absolutely convinced of Surye's guilt (who knows, we might catch two scum). At best, Krubio's play shows a lack of basic planning and consideration of probabilities, at worst, it betrays that he lacks a true townie mindset (though I couldn't see how this play could help scum either)

We are very possibly in LyLo, and what this day is going to boil down to is a lynch by way of Surye. In those circumstances, Kuribo's threat is essentially a self-vote. Let's vote wisely and try to leave sufficient time before the deadline for this to go down.

@PokerFace: I will take over VC's in the event of your death or incapaciation.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Quagmire »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, Suyve is obv scum, and needs to die today.

Does someoen want to actually make a case against me, or are you all just going to keep mindless repeating "Yos needs to die"?
Your reluctance to get blown up has been duly noted, and is grounds for absolute dismissal, in my opinion.
Uh, and what, exactally, are you basing this idea that I'm somehow especally reluctent to be blown up? I'm always going cautious in daykilling games, overhasty town in these games leads to disasters, but I'm perfectly willing to blow myself up if necessary.
Cautiousness in this game could easily be considered reluctance, yosarian. I'm basing this idea off of you trying to weasel your way out of getting blown up. I don't buy it, and I feel the need to blow you up myself.

STRIKE A LIGHT

note: i do not support a surye explosion without yosarian dying too
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Quagmire »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
I don't get this, I really don't. Why would a townie willingly volunteer to be one end of a dynamiting? From Kuribo's perspective
any
random player besides himself increases the probability of scum being in the dynamite, and that's not something you should dismiss even if you're absolutely convinced of Surye's guilt (who knows, we might catch two scum). At best, Krubio's play shows a lack of basic planning and consideration of probabilities, at worst, it betrays that he lacks a true townie mindset (though I couldn't see how this play could help scum either)
What, you think we're ever going to get a scum to blow himself up? We have to have a townie blow up himself in order to get someone else. Townies should be eager to blow themselves up because otherwise this game would stagnate and go nowhere.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Quagmire »

I've changed my mind; NabakovNabakov is going to be the next enforcer to back me up.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:53 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quagmire wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
any
What, you think we're ever going to get a scum to blow himself up? We have to have a townie blow up himself in order to get someone else. Townies should be eager to blow themselves up because otherwise this game would stagnate and go nowhere.
We've been over this before. It's a job townies should be OK with doing, but not a job they volunteer for. Letting anybody who wants do the dynamiting just go ahead takes power out of the hands of the town and puts it in the hands of individuals. One thing that has really hurt this game is the gung-ho approach many players have taken to dynamiting others.

I accept the responsibility of back-up enforcer, though I will warn the town that last deadline hit at a very late hour for me and I am not losing sleep over this game. That means that if I have to do my duty, it will be with several hours left before deadline (possibly curtailing an honest yet delayed attempt for a wagoned player to dynamite)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
any
Actually blowing someone up is indeed a bad play for either side in his position. However, a threat to blow up is a scum move, as he is trying to entice me to make a quick, rash move.

The same that has lead to a town lynch every single day.

Vote: kuribo
as being the only one to actually have made a substantially scummy move so far in the last several days, let alone in the game really.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Surye »

Here is the play I see him trying to make happen:

1) I am town.
2) In his plan, he is town.
3) He threatens to blow me up.
4) I fear a mislynch due to this.
5) I blow up someone else in a desparate attempt to make my death mean something, and to give town a chance to win.
6) I hit town, scum wins, or is very close to winning.

For this to work, premise 2 must be false. I'm betting it is.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Quagmire wrote: Cautiousness in this game could easily be considered reluctance, yosarian. I'm basing this idea off of you trying to weasel your way out of getting blown up. I don't buy it, and I feel the need to blow you up myself.
When, exactally, did I try to "weasel my way out of" getting blown up? You never even suggested I should strike a light. No one did.

STRIKE A LIGHT

note: i do not support a surye explosion without yosarian dying too
(sigh) Such bad play. But I still think Quag is likely town, so if he blows me up today, then if there are 4 scum, the town loses on the spot.

STRIKE A LIGHT

At least if I blow someone up, the town has a chance to go another day, if I guess right. I'd still prefer to see Suyve blow someone up instead, of course, but me blowing someone up is obv better for the town to quag blowing me up.

So, now I'm the one in the drivers seat, I'm the one who's going to decide who gets lynched today. We're playing kingmaker, and I just appointed myself king. So you SOB's had better start answering my questions, if you want to live to see tommorow.

Flameaxe: Why have you been lurking all game? Why are you supporting me and Suyve to kill each other now? Do you have any rational reasons to suspect me here, or are you just blindly bandwagoning and hoping to get a townie to do something stupid? Why have you refused to contribute anything all game, posting just barely often enough to avoid being replaced?

Surye: Is your vote for kuribo OMGUS? Why is it you haven't really been doing much scumhunting all game? Are you really going to blow someone up finally here, or are you bluffing?

CES: You've looked scummy all game, and the scum vibe I'm getting from this post is especally bad:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:I'm back, and last day was a disaster.

Surye and Yos are probably scum together. Notice how people jumped from Surye to Sarc after lights were struck, without much new reasons to do so.

Vote Yos
That's pretty much complete crap logic. If you think Surye is scum because of "how many people jumped from Surye to Sarc after lights were struck", why aren't you voting for, you know, one of the people who jumped from Surye to Sarc?

In fact, pretty much everyone who's just said "Vote:x" today without a case needs to come out and make a case right now.

Elmo: Where did you go? Why haven't you posted yet today?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Surye »

I did not OMGUS, I provided a detailed explaination for my vote.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't support quag exploding. I support some combination of Surye/Yos/Kuribo.

Since we may be at lylo, I think we should wait a bit before exploding.

Why is there this sudden rush to strike lights?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Yos:
Those people were you, NabakovNabakov, PokerFace and Elmo. The four of you are definitely high up my suspicion list, but that suspicion partially hinges on the assumption that Surye is scum. Note the word partially here because it's important and I don't want to be misrepresented.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Yos:
Those people were you, NabakovNabakov, PokerFace and Elmo. The four of you are definitely high up my suspicion list, but that suspicion partially hinges on the assumption that Surye is scum. Note the word partially here because it's important and I don't want to be misrepresented.
Um, I did not, in fact, "jump from surye to sarc". Try again.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:10 am

Post by skitzer »

Just curious...Surye, who do you plan on blowing up? I guess if he is scum, he could choose one of the best players in the game and not someone who is actually scummy. He wouldn't face any consequences (well, except death) either way.

On another note...I would actually like to take the place of kuribo. I'm much less of a need to the town than kuribo is, so if you can "say the word" in an hour or so. I'll do it myself.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:Just curious...Surye, who do you plan on blowing up? I guess if he is scum, he could choose one of the best players in the game and not someone who is actually scummy. He wouldn't face any consequences (well, except death) either way.

On another note...I would actually like to take the place of kuribo. I'm much less of a need to the town than kuribo is, so if you can "say the word" in an hour or so. I'll do it myself.
He who has the most votes. I still trust the vote system over taking justice into your own hands. See, individuals are likely to miss important points (like when you missed everything I last wrote on kuribo), but the group has a better chance at assimalating information. Even if you think I am scum, please to don't blow me up haphazardly, vote for me, and I'll do it then. Skitzer coming out of the woodwork, clearly missing all the relevent discussions on math, and what is best for the town, is even more unqualified then a normal townie. Assuming he is a townie, which I've seen nothing suggesting he isn't really, other then this digression. I still say my kuribo theory holds water, and will wait to see what others think.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Elmo »

I am still around with respect to this game; I'll reread post something of substance in the next day or two. :?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

About to leave work so I'll make this quick.
**PART of this post is notes based on comments of others**

1. People need to stop striking lights

We are suppose to find scum and then blow them up.
Not Dance around like morons flaunting explosives

2. The following people need to stop lurking and do stuff

FlameAxe
Marmalade
Elmo <- I said he was Active/Passive lurking early and Yos just did too
Skitzer <- Some people made arguments he was lurking yesterday

3. The following people have questions directed at them that still need answered

Elmo
Yosarian2
Kuribo
FlameAxe
Quagmire - I guess he wants Yosarian gone and perfers Surye do it with how yesterday ended. So I can probably take him off here.

4.Vote count with new format (SAME RULES THOUGH) and light info included

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote Count info of Day 5:

Lit Enforcer: Quagmire
-No one voted for him to light

Lit Vote Getter: Surye
-4(PokerFace, Elvis, Ergo, Kuribo) He should have waited for 7

Lit Vote Getter: Yosarian
-1(CEScum) He should have waited for 7

Kuribo - 1(Surye)

Not Voting - (Everyone not mentioned elsewhere)

13 people alive SO IT SHOULD BE 7 VOTES NEEDED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:

Yosarian tried to vote for both of CEScum and Surye
Skitzer Tried to vote for both ofinda" voted for this

Those voicing opinions of Surye and Yosarian blowing up without voting:
Flameaxe & Quagmire

Elvis supports some combo of Surye/Yos/Kuribo

@CEScum,
I already mentioned part of why I moved from Sarc to Surye and then back to Sarc. Thought Sarc was scum, moved to Surye because I also thought he could be scum and I did not want a no lynch. Moved back to Sarc since having them both blow up would take care of suspicions I had on both of them. If you want me to go into more detail I will or you can look back at all I said day 3.
Elmo jumped on Sarc and was never really on Surye
NabNab jumped on Sarc and was never really on Surye
Yosarian2 mentioned some suspicion toward surye but was never on his wagon.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP:
Skitzer Tried to vote for both of Surye and Yosarian2

Not sure how I messed that up
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Yes, I know you can give reasons for your switch, but I'm just looking at the result right now.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”