Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Quagmire »

This game is awesome. I'll address various game related things later.

However I must say that I have no intentions of blowing up yosarian right now, assuming I make it past the 24 hour mark.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Pokerface: What question did I have directed at me, exactally?

Anyway, I made damn clear why I had to strike a light, I'm not sure why you ignored it, Pokerface. I don't think Quagmire was bluffing, I really think he was about to foolishly blow me up, and that would have probably made the town autolose on the spot. Me blowing up someone, while not a good thing especally this early in the day, is obv. better then that, since that way the town at least has a CHANCE of not losing today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Quagmire »

Yosarian2 wrote:Pokerface: What question did I have directed at me, exactally?

Anyway, I made damn clear why I had to strike a light, I'm not sure why you ignored it, Pokerface. I don't think Quagmire was bluffing, I really think he was about to foolishly blow me up, and that would have probably made the town autolose on the spot. Me blowing up someone, while not a good thing especally this early in the day, is obv. better then that, since that way the town at least has a CHANCE of not losing today.
No, I was bluffing. I wanted to see your reaction to it (of which I'm still gauging btw)
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:50 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

skitzer wrote:Just curious...Surye, who do you plan on blowing up? I guess if he is scum, he could choose one of the best players in the game and not someone who is actually scummy. He wouldn't face any consequences (well, except death) either way.

On another note...I would actually like to take the place of kuribo. I'm much less of a need to the town than kuribo is, so if you can "say the word" in an hour or so. I'll do it myself.
*facepalm*

Skitzer: Do not blow up Surye
Suicide bombing is great for guerilla fighters and religious fundamentalists, but we're Scummers damnit. We have votes and reasoning, let's use them.

Surye: Why are you voting Kuribo for an odd ???-tell instead of his play at deadline yesterday?
Yos wrote: So, now I'm the one in the drivers seat, I'm the one who's going to decide who gets lynched today. We're playing kingmaker, and I just appointed myself king. So you SOB's had better start answering my questions, if you want to live to see tommorow.
If a mafiosi were in danger of being 'sploded, this would certainly be one approach.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote: Surye: Why are you voting Kuribo for an odd ???-tell instead of his play at deadline yesterday?

I didn't find his play to be all that bad yesterday, a null tell if anything. I was not calling him out, I was trying to understand his reasoning for not voting, others blew the question out of proportion. Though with the context from today, that does shine a different light. He was ignoring me till I asked a simple question, then he jumped me with a vote, giving no real explaination. OMGUS if I ever saw it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
If a mafiosi were in danger of being 'sploded, this would certainly be one approach.
Perhaps. More relevent, though, is the fact that as town in danger of being exploded by someone else I thought was probably town, it was the best approach I could come up with, the thing that seemed most likely to save the town from what appeared to be oncoming disaster, even if it apparently wasn't. Or do you disagre with my play?

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear something useful from Flameaxe. Also, less saber ratteling and more logic from Skitzer would be helpful; the sabre rattling dosn't actually tell us anything about your alignment until you actually demonstrate if you're bluffing or not, by which point it's way too late for that to be useful. For that matter, a little more logic from a lot of people would be nice; you guys do know we're not playing AITP and it's ok to actually make logical arguments in this game, right?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Perhaps. More relevent, though, is the fact that as town in danger of being exploded by someone else I thought was probably town, it was the best approach I could come up with, the thing that seemed most likely to save the town from what appeared to be oncoming disaster, even if it apparently wasn't. Or do you disagre with my play?
What disaster was this exactly? Could it be the post where Quag struck a light but ended by basically advocating a Surye-Yos explosion. That's like throwing chips at the pot while yelling "I'm bluffing". There's a name for somebody who assumes absolute control from exploiting a perceived-but-not-real crisis, and it's not king.

Even if it was true that you were in immediate danger of exploding, why is assuming executive powers good town play when just about every game strategy post (and we know you love game strategy) has talked about the merits of teamwork and voting? Do you trust your judgment over the combined judgment of the town? Why? Do you plan to blow up Surye? The majority vote-getter in 1.5 weeks? If not, why not?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote: What disaster was this exactly? Could it be the post where Quag struck a light but ended by basically advocating a Surye-Yos explosion. That's like throwing chips at the pot while yelling "I'm bluffing". There's a name for somebody who assumes absolute control from exploiting a perceived-but-not-real crisis, and it's not king.
Um...did you not read Quag's post, or are you just making stuff up here?
Quagmire wrote: Cautiousness in this game could easily be considered reluctance, yosarian. I'm basing this idea off of you trying to weasel your way out of getting blown up. I don't buy it, and I feel the need to blow you up myself.

STRIKE A LIGHT

note: i do not support a surye explosion without yosarian dying too
He said that he was going to blow me up himself. He also said he was OPPOSED to surye dying unless I died as well. He made it pretty damn clear that he was going to kill me.
Even if it was true that you were in immediate danger of exploding, why is assuming executive powers good town play when just about every game strategy post (and we know you love game strategy) has talked about the merits of teamwork and voting?
Teamwork and voting is great and necessary on day 1 and day 2. Today, since it might be lynch or lose, we need a scum to die, period. If I am going to die today, I intend to figure out who at least one the scum is and take him down with me. The best way to do that is to apply hard pressure to people who look scummy, and see how they react. Granted, I would still rather if one person I thought was scummy blew up someone else I think is scummy, since we still have to find all the scum and don't have many lynches left to do it, but either way, I'm not going to let the lurkerscum continue to fly under the radar, no matter what it takes.

Take a look at what I did in kingmaker II when I killed kscope, which is where I got the idea for this stratagy. Turn the heat up enough, and the lobsers start to scream. Hell, if I have to revive the "russian roulette" idea again in order to get the scum to respond to me, I will.
Do you trust your judgment over the combined judgment of the town? Why?
Generally, yeah, I do. Especally since it's likely that, what, 3/13 or 4/13 of the people in this game are probably scum, and since no one's bothering to make cases or use logic, then sure, I'll trust my judgement.

Do you plan to blow up Surye? The majority vote-getter in 1.5 weeks? If not, why not?
Oh, I might blow up Surye, especally if it starts to look like him striking a light today was just a bluff. Or I might blow up Flameaxe, especally if he continues to lurk. CES still looks like a good suspect too, and I really want to hear more from Elmo, and Skitzer, and Elvis. Basically, I'm pretty open minded at the moment, because I think that right now, today, is going to be my best chance to find scum, and I intend to find one, and either kill him or her myself or, if Surye is in fact town, it'd be even better if Surye blows up along with the scum so he dosn't get mislynched tommorow.

I'm very much willing to listen to good arguments about why I should suspect a certain person or why a certain action would be the right one to make. But I'm not really going to be that focused on the votecount, especally if people keep saying "X is scummy" without giving any damn reasons at all; paying too much attention to the votecount and not enough to common sense was why yesterday's lynch went bad after all.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yosarian2 wrote:Pokerface: What question did I have directed at me, exactally?

Anyway, I made damn clear why I had to strike a light, I'm not sure why you ignored it, Pokerface...
We are in probably in lylo so light striking without some organization can be bad since I believe concensus and organization has a better chance of hitting scum. I don't think I ignored/missed anything, but I'll look back nonetheless.

Also here is the question. I haven't found time to look back, been busy but I still slightly remember you saying you had some suspicion on Surye Day3.
PokerFace wrote:...Yosarian2 also mentioned not liking Surye in some of his posts on Day3. I recall him mentioning some dislike for Surye then, but I can't recall why or what all he said. I'm sure I'll find it while i'm looking for his posts directed at Claus, BUT I am not against seeing him mention it again here so I ain't got to search all over. I'd like to hear Yosarian's answer...
Am I misremembering or did you have any suspicions about Surye then?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

PokerFace wrote: We are in probably in lylo so light striking without some organization can be bad since I believe concensus and organization has a better chance of hitting scum. I don't think I ignored/missed anything, but I'll look back nonetheless.
The thing you're missing is that it was a situation where i had good reason to believe that Quagmire was about to blow me up, and that I thought that would lead to a town loss; and I figured that if the only way to avoid that was to strike a light and try to blow up scum on my own, that that's what I'd have to do. I didn't *like* the idea, but hey, better then sitting around and waiting to die and lose for the entire town as soon as Quag's 24 hours ran up...

Anyway, you're right, I did attack Suyre; I never really did explain why, although I thought at the time it was fairly clear from the context.

The first time I started to get suspicious was after Suyre said this.
suyre wrote:So the score so far is that all Skitzer has done is lied, mislead, and lurked?

Vote: Skitzer
This bugged me, even though Suyre was basically agreeing with me here, because it felt like he was kind of sheeping me in a suspicious way, and the case seemed to be a little over-simplified and overstated. It just felt wierd. Looking back from this point, this was also the first time he did anything that really looked like scumhunting, most of what he'd done before was just stratagy, and even his stratagy content felt kind of me-too-ish.

So, after he made that odd and kinda scummy attack on Skitzer (who I was also suspicious of ), about 2 days later, I said this:
Yosarian2 wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to Skitzer and Surye taking each other out.
Which was the first time I mentioned I was suspicious Surye, I think. Basically, he was looking scummy, and he was doing so while attacking another one of my main suspects, so I mentioned that I'd be happy with the two of them killing each other.

And after that, my suspicion on him never really went away. And then, after attacking Skitzer, Suryre started acting like he didn't want Skitzer to blow him up, which meant he was either scum or doubting his own judgement.

By the way, this is why I tried to institute a double vote today, because I think the single-vote system we used yesterday helped screw everything up. When I voted for Sarc yesterday, I wasn't voting for Sarc to die INSTEAD of Surye. At that point, I thought Surye's death was inevitable; he'd already announced he was going to kill, and PEG made clear that if Surye didn't blow someone up by deadline that PEG would kill Surye. No, I was voting for Sarc because that was who I wanted Surye to kill. I really wasn't expecting Claus to suddenly delurk and blow someone up when all the pressure on him had basically gone away. :(
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

LYLO? That'd mean there are 5 scum. Don't think that's balanced.

Did Surye strike a light already?
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

Surye

Quagmire
Yosarian2

Names in
orange
may make a Dynamite attack.

Deadline will be ~16th May.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Wed May 07, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by kuribo »

Surye wrote: OMGUS if I ever saw it.
Maybe you should look up the definition of OMGUS. If you did, you'd see a picture of what you're doing to me.

:themoreyouknow:
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Surye:
Don't dynamite yet.

I think Yos' latest posts are actually quite townish. I suggest taking a look at the other switchers, Elmo & Pokerface (since NabNab's already backup enforcer) before someone gets overeager.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
Maybe you should look up the definition of OMGUS. If you did, you'd see a picture of what you're doing to me.

I question you, you vote me without reason.

You parrot something a million people have said before you about me, and I setup a full post explaining my problem with you.

Heh, okay sir.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:LYLO? That'd mean there are 5 scum. Don't think that's balanced.

hmmm....let me think through this again.

If there's 4 scum, and we lynch wrong today (2 townies blow up during the day, scum kill 1 more at night), then tommorow, there'd be 10 people left, 6 town 4 scum. If a townie managed to lynch right tommorow (costing 1 townie and 1 scum, and the scum kill again) then the next day we'd be at 7 people, 4 town 3 scum. If town lynches right again then, then the next day there'd be 2 town 2 scum.

So if I figured that out right, if there is 4 scum, then I think we're actually at lynch or lose today, in the sense that if we lynch wrong today then the town can't win, unless the scum miss a night kill or something.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

Surye
Quagmire
Yosarian2

Names in
orange
may make a Dynamite attack.

Deadline will be 16th May.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by kuribo »

Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:

I question you, you vote me without reason.

You parrot something a million people have said before you about me, and I setup a full post explaining my problem with you.

Heh, okay sir.
Um, no, I voted for you yesterday, too, long before you questioned me today.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Marmalade »

Can we not have a dynamite attack for a bit, please?

Anyway, I'd be okay with Surye and Elmo blowing up this round. Surye seems more antagonistic after being called out for cautiousness, and Elmo has consistently failed to provide reasoning for his votes. Elmo's jump to Sarc also strikes me as suspicious.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Quagmire »

posting to say that I still want surye and yosarian to blow themselves up.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:19 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Marmalade wrote:Can we not have a dynamite attack for a bit, please?

Anyway, I'd be okay with Surye and Elmo blowing up this round. Surye seems more antagonistic after being called out for cautiousness, and Elmo has consistently failed to provide reasoning for his votes. Elmo's jump to Sarc also strikes me as suspicious.
Vote: Marmalade

Lip service to "OK guys, lets be
reasonable
here" clashes horribly with encouraging an explosion on an under-researched player. If he really wanted Elmo to die, why doesn't he vote him? This is the kind of contradiction scum could ride to victory on.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:28 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote: Surye

I feel very confident that Surye is mafia, but no one seemed to understand my interpretation.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:
Vote: Surye

I feel very confident that Surye is mafia, but no one seemed to understand my interpretation.
Then try stating it in a clear and logical way? That's usually a good start.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:38 am

Post by skitzer »

I did. You were scared you were going to be killed. Add on all the other little tidbits, and you've got a pretty good case.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:I did. You were scared you were going to be killed. Add on all the other little tidbits, and you've got a pretty good case.
I was scared I was going to be killed by town, yes. And? You do realize that's why we're losing right? Because that keeps happening? Any protown player would be afraid of being blown up by town.

Your post makes no sense.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”