Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Mizzy »

gorckat wrote:Those wanting to vote someone Near has claimed to have investigated to 'test his claim' is ignoring that scum can say 'no gun', too.
How would that be? I'm making an assumption here, but I would think that any role capable of killing would show up as "loaded" or "has gun" or whatever. Is that not the
point
? And even the most basic mafia roles can kill.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:13 am

Post by gorckat »

I meant: Scum can say 'no gun' about someone who is not on their side.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:18 am

Post by destructor »

jerubbaal2 replaces Imat.

In light of this replacement, the deadline has been extended to May 16.

Also, it has been over 72 hours since Near has posted. He has received 3 prods already. Because of the impending deadline, I'm going to send him a message letting him know he is going to be replaced unless he checks back into the thread within 24 hours.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Incognito »

Welcome back, jerubbaal!
gorckat wrote:I meant: Scum can say 'no gun' about someone who is not on their side.
I'm having a really hard time understanding what you're talking about. Can you clarify?
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Ripley »

I think what gorckat is saying is that if ooba were lynched and turned up innocent it would say nothing about Near's alignment since scum could, and almost certainly would, say this too. This is what I was referring to towards the end of post 811 when I mentioned Lowell's comment about how a scum shouldn't give a false innocent on a scum buddy.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Hey all, been following along somewhat, so I don't have too much to catch up on. I'll look things over and try to have a more detailed read, but most of my thoughts have been on the Near situation lately.

If we have a cop other than Near, he needs to claim today and we need to deal with that first. If we mislynch today, we're in lylo tomorrow and trusting such a claim becomes exponentially more difficult. I haven't liked Near's play at all. The early thing with the promise of a guilty result looks like an abandoned plan rather than a genuine gambit.

I'd be happy lynching Lowell, if there's not a counterclaim for Near. I have a fairly scummy read on him at this point. I'm leaning very town on Mizzy and Incog, can't deal with Y until we deal with Near. Middling reads on gorckat, Ripley, and ooba.
Lowell wrote:Mizzy, I think lynching Y is an awful idea.

If Near is lying, and you think so, you should vote him. I find it unlikely that Near (a) fake-claimed, and (b) brought a scumbuddy with him in the plan (I, for one, would pixelate myself, travel through the computer wires, and appear in my scumbuddy's house to punch him in the face if he were to do that to me).

So, even if Near IS lying, I have absolutely no doubt that the person he "cleared" IS actually innocent. If Near is lying, KILL NEAR, not Y.

The ONLY scenario I can see is if Y is a godfather (unlikely, given the flavor of the game thusfar) or if Near is naive, or insane, or something (also unlikely in a mini). Not impossible, I guess, but is that really the best you can come up with?
This actually looks like a scumbuddy getting pissed off at a scumbuddy who did exactly what he said would be so dumb. This actually goes along with my theory about the aborted guilty. I'm betting Near changed the plan and decided to clear a scumbuddy instead. Disclaimer:
hugely speculative[/b], but it reads this way to me.

I am absolutely going to laugh my arse off if my meta in the early game is actually right.

Also note - this speculation on Near being something other than cop is useless. He's either cop or he isn't. Unless they're something demented, mods aren't going to include a non-sane cop in a mini-normal, especially with what so far seems to be an underpowered town in a night start.

Ugh, Y is using the "I'm really active, stop whining" approach. No likey. This has to wait until tomorrow, but I have a scummy read on Y, which might be influencing my whole Near conspiracy theory. Read with a grain of salt.

Honestly, Near dropping/ditching makes me very wary of him as well.

I'll be in Chicago for my girlfriend's graduation from Thurs night to Sat afternoon, so I'll be happy to hammer Lowell Sat night if we haven't had a counterclaim yet.
<><
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:55 am

Post by gorckat »

I'm having a hard time figuring how two people aren't getting what I'm saying-

If you doubt Near's claim and want to test it...lynching someone he cleared doesn't do it. If he's scum, he can sit there and 'clear' people all game, tossing a partner out as needed to cement his place.

1) The vig is dead
2) Near claimed Gunsmith
3) Nearscum knows who does and does not have a gun

Doubts about Near shouldn't be directed at anyone other than Near.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:56 am

Post by gorckat »

jerubbal- you're dead.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:58 am

Post by jerubbaal »

braaaaaainsssss

Read the mod's post, I'm replacing Imat.
<><
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 4:02 am

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Near (1)
- gorckat
Lowell (4)
- Incognito, jerubbaal2, ooba, Mizzy
gorckat (1)
- Lowell
ooba (1)
- Y

Not Voting (2) - Near, Ripley

Five
votes to lynch.

.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Incognito »

gorckat wrote:I'm having a hard time figuring how two people aren't getting what I'm saying-

If you doubt Near's claim and want to test it...lynching someone he cleared doesn't do it. If he's scum, he can sit there and 'clear' people all game, tossing a partner out as needed to cement his place.

1) The vig is dead
2) Near claimed Gunsmith
3) Nearscum knows who does and does not have a gun

Doubts about Near shouldn't be directed at anyone other than Near.
Gotcha. When you said "scum could say 'no gun' too", it wasn't clear to me that you were referring to Near as the scum.
jerubbaal wrote:I'll be in Chicago for my girlfriend's graduation from Thurs night to Sat afternoon, so I'll be happy to hammer Lowell Sat night if we haven't had a counterclaim yet.
You're actually voting for Lowell right now since you replaced Imat.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 4:13 am

Post by gorckat »

jerubbaal wrote:braaaaaainsssss

Read the mod's post, I'm replacing Imat.
Creepy :P
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:03 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Tis true. I guess we need someone else ready to hammer before deadline.
<><
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ripley wrote:I think what gorckat is saying is that if ooba were lynched and turned up innocent it would say nothing about Near's alignment since scum could, and almost certainly would, say this too.
Ah, I see. But yes, that's common sense, which is why I slammed Y for the idea of lynching one of the "confirmed" pair, because it doesn't tell us squat.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Ripley »

Mizzy wrote:
Ripley wrote:I think what gorckat is saying is that if ooba were lynched and turned up innocent it would say nothing about Near's alignment since scum could, and almost certainly would, say this too.
Ah, I see. But yes, that's common sense, which is why I slammed Y for the idea of lynching one of the "confirmed" pair, because it doesn't tell us squat.
Y's logic is all over the place. If he were really what he claims to be, ie an innocent cleared by Near, then he would already know that Near, if scum, gives "unloaded" results on innocents, or at least that he has done so once. Maybe he's forgotten he ought to know this - and it's much more likely that people would forget what they ought to know, when they aren't really what they say they are at all. Y has said nothing, by the way, to convince me that his logical action, if he disbelieves Near, is to lynch ooba, and again I wonder if his persistence in standing by this view arises from the lack of clarity of thought that you often see in scum who can't or don't have the ability to perceive how a situation should look to townie eyes.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ripley wrote:
Mizzy wrote:
Y's logic is all over the place. If he were really what he claims to be, ie an innocent cleared by Near, then he would already know that Near, if scum, gives "unloaded" results on innocents, or at least that he has done so once. Maybe he's forgotten he ought to know this - and it's much more likely that people would forget what they ought to know, when they aren't really what they say they are at all. Y has said nothing, by the way, to convince me that his logical action, if he disbelieves Near, is to lynch ooba, and again I wonder if his persistence in standing by this view arises from the lack of clarity of thought that you often see in scum who can't or don't have the ability to perceive how a situation should look to townie eyes.
Why do you think I still doubt his innocence even though I believe Near's claim? Y has far exceeding his scumminess quotient.

Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Y »

Believe it or not, I find it easier to look like town when I'm scum.

I do understand gorckat's logic (and I actually missed some of it myself), but the reason I'm voting ooba is that I think he'll turn up scum, and therefore we can prove Near is scum. Not vice-versa.
To clarify: I thing ooba is scum, ignoring Nears result.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Near »

wait no. i'm here.
responding to the prod
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Near »

sorry about not posting much content. i've been busy with work. i will make a real post within 24 hours.
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:17 am

Post by ooba »

Y wrote:Believe it or not, I find it easier to look like town when I'm scum.

I do understand gorckat's logic (and I actually missed some of it myself), but the reason I'm voting ooba is that I think he'll turn up scum, and therefore we can prove Near is scum. Not vice-versa.
To clarify: I thing ooba is scum, ignoring Nears result.
And to sum up - you think i'm scum because
Y wrote:XReyoX was perfectly town. No real mistakes, nothing to actually point out. I recognise that kind of play from games I played scum. All the right choices, all the right word... Seems too much for me to be completely true. ooba hasn't improved much.
When you say i haven't improved much - do you mean i've played the role of the "perfect town" like XreyoX or just that i also give you scum vibes?
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:40 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Y's logic is disjointed, to be charitable.

If we have a cop, CLAIM!!! This situation is incredibly awkward, because two of my scummiest reads right now are the uncounterclaimed cop and his innocent result.

Gor, Y, Near, Ripley, you're the ones not voting on Lowell. Are you alright with a Lowell lynch if we're closing on deadline, and will you hammer if necessary?

I actually just realized that we don't even have a claim from Lowell, despite him being at -1 for quite a while now.
Claim now
<><
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Lowell »

1) I am a townsperson
2) gorckat is very definately scum
3) Mizzy's plan of killing Near's "innocents" as a way of testing him is terrible
4) Right off the bat jerub is steering conversation away from anyone but me. Also, the "two of my scummiest... are the uncounterclaimed cop and his innocent" reeks of scum hamming it up

FOS Imat
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:17 am

Post by gorckat »

@jerubbaal: Yes, I'm ok lynching Lowell. He's been voting for "good enough" reasons all game, and he's not even paying attention:

1) He's already voting 'Imat'
2) Imat is now jerubbaal

I accept now that no one else wants to lynch Near today, so we'll deal with that tomorrow.

unvote, vote: Lowell
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:39 am

Post by jerubbaal »

I wasn't expecting a hammer now. You should have waited at least until we could have confirmed there was not a counterclaim for Near out there. I guess we have to deal with that tomorrow.

We're not killing any innocents to test Near. I'm almost positive there's some sort of inspection role in this town, because there has to be something to balance out the night start. If Near remains uncounterclaimed, he's our cop, and that's it, as little as I like his play.

Since we'll know how much to trust you in a minute, Lowell, why are you positive gor is scum?

FYI all, we're in twilight, so get out anything you need to get out before we go to night.
<><
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Lowell »

I guess that was partially my fault. I'll be more active next time, I sort of lost track of what was happening.

No hard feelings. Good luck all.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”