Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Dasquian »

So how come I'm the bandwagon now? Is this entirely from ABR's case linking me to DBE? Because it's way off the mark.

I echo Joudas, that mbf has a nice set of double-standards. Yos' case against ABR is tunnel-vision, but ABR's case against DBE and me isn't. The case against mbf for his dodgy-dealings regarding the end of yesterday is a mystifying non-case to him, but ABR's is something he can get behind?

Honestly, I'm not saying ABR's case has no merit whatsoever; just that I'm in the privileged position to know it's entirely wrong. I suspect that most of it is circumstantial and, if I look back, I can demonstrate that I don't have an noteworthy connection to DBE; just that I've said enough for Albert to pick and choose from to make a compelling front.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I do find Albie's crusade against me (and yet his vote on dasq) very alarming. Guardian's quick to jump on board-ness also concerns me.

I still don't think he is a cop (Guardian) because he certainly doesn't act pro-town.

-Leading a crusade against (and Lynching) a claimed power role (yea I know I did it to but i was naive ans stupid)
-Refusing to investigate the other claimed power role to prove its validity, rather pushing for a lynch of that role.
-Jumping on board with Albie in his somewhat random accusations on me and Dasq.
-Vote hopping..

Just doesn't seem like he cares much about the town winning.

Maybe I am not seeing his 'cop tells' but I am not convinced in the slightest.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

As the deadline was approaching, I should have tried to find an alternative wagon a heck of a lot earlier? What?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:20 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Yos' case against ABR is tunnel-vision, but ABR's case against DBE and me isn't.
WHEN THE FUCK DID I SAY YOS'S CASE AGAINST ABR WAS TUNNEL VISION?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

If Singing Librarian, Pyro and Mac give their support to lynch the Dasquian scum, we will win. No doubt about it. A Dasquian lynch will provoke an unstoppable chain of events leading to three rapid successive scum lynches, and Yosarian is severely misguided if he thinks that he can end the day with another townie killed.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Dasquian »

ABR: yeah, great, apart from the bit where I show up town. You're just doing
exactly
what Guardian did against me, Yos and Coron: shouting to all high heaven that you hold some kind of universal truth, and are hosting a bandwagon party to celebrate it. I'm kind of bored of it now.

mbf: sorry, sorry, sorry: I meant Yos' case against
you
, not ABR. Apologies for the confusion, I stumbled over the sentence in typing it.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Dasquian »

Oh, and to back that up:
mikeburnfire wrote:You have essentially said over the course of the day "MBF is scum, and I will not consider anybody else until he is lynched. Let us lynch him and be done with it".
That pretty much equates to accusing Yos of tunnel-vision.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:51 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh, okay. Well, I repeat:

ABR has only made about 5 posts against DBE/Dasquian. Yos has made countless against me.

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote Count!

Dasquian 3 - ABR, Guardian, MBF
MBF 2 - Yos2, Dasquian
Pyrodwarf 1 - Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian 1 - Joudas

Not voting:

Pyrodwarf, DBE, Macavenger

With 10 players alive, it is 6 to lynch!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

mikeburnfire wrote:As the deadline was approaching, I should have tried to find an alternative wagon a heck of a lot earlier? What?
If you didn't like the Near wagon, then yes, you should have. Basically, staying on the near wagon all the way until deadline and then jumping off for a wagon you didn't think was going anywhere is not helpful.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also:
mikeburnfire wrote: Yos has made countless against me.
So, if I don't respond to an argument you make, I'm "ignoring" you, but when I do respond over and over again to all the arguments you make, I'm writing too many posts against you? How does that work?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:If Singing Librarian, Pyro and Mac give their support to lynch the Dasquian scum, we will win. No doubt about it. A Dasquian lynch will provoke an unstoppable chain of events leading to three rapid successive scum lynches, and Yosarian is severely misguided if he thinks that he can end the day with another townie killed.
And Albert has, as usual, totally given up on logic again and is just going to keep repeating the same wrong things over and over again with absolutly no explination, apparently just assuming that people who don't agree with him are scum, just like he always does.

All I can say is, thank God he dosn't have a nuke this time.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 1:21 pm

I like this "mafia persona" you put on. It makes our job
so
much easier when you're scum Yosarian.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I like this "mafia persona" you put on. It makes our job
so
:roll:

So, were you going to actually make a case against me, or are you just continue to insist that you're smarter then everyone else and everyone should just follow you blindly?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

If you don't respond to an argument I make, you're ignoring me, but when you
repeat the same arguments over and over again and disregard rebuttals,
you're writing too many posts against me.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I like this "mafia persona" you put on. It makes our job
so
:roll:

So, were you going to actually make a case against me, or are you just continue to insist that you're smarter then everyone else and everyone should just follow you blindly?
You being scum is dependent on both DBE and Dasq to be scum as well, from where I stand. Hence, it doesn't serve the town to talk about you. Its not like you're going to kill me tonight anyway, with a cop in the open.

Dasquian's gotta die for me to win. SingingLibrarian, Pyro and Mac, the game is in your hands now. Make me win or make me lose.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

mikeburnfire wrote:If you don't respond to an argument I make, you're ignoring me, but when you
repeat the same arguments over and over again and disregard rebuttals,
you're writing too many posts against me.
I've never disreguarded rebuttals you've made.

When I've repeated the same arguments, it's generally been because you just ilogically stated that my argumetns were "shit", or they were "flawed", or because you kept arguing what looks to me like a bad stratagy point (like that no lynch is better then a speedlynch on day 1, or whatever); when you do that, of course I'm going to go back and lay out my arguments a little bit more carefully, in more detail, and try to explain them again, since they weren't flawed, and they weren't "shit". If I have to say the same thing in 4 different ways in order to get everyone to understand what I'm trying to say, then I'll do that.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

AKA,
ad hominem

Also, your main reason against me seems to have changde from "getting a power role lynched and frame Guardian" to "preferring no lynch to any lynch" to "staying on Near's wagon too long".

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

AKA,
ad hominem.

ad nauseum

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Guardian »

Albert, why do you keep not mentioning Joudas? You say we need pyro, mac, sl's, votes, but never mention joudas. why?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Joudas »

To respond to the question before it's asked, I'd support a Dasquian lynch. Honestly, I'd support anyone on my previously declared list at this point. Plenty of information can be had from any of them: Dasquian, Macavenger, PyroDwarf, Singing Librarian, or Yosarian2. I'm most partial to Mac, SL, or Pyro, though, and if it came down to it, I'd hammer one of those three over the other two.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

mikeburnfire wrote:AKA,
ad hominem
Heh. Well, if you don't want me to repeat my reasons, then you shouldn't have been acting like I didn't have any good ones...
Also, your main reason against me seems to have changde from "getting a power role lynched and frame Guardian" to "preferring no lynch to any lynch" to "staying on Near's wagon too long".
Well, those are all still valid reasons for thinking you are more likely scum then town, yes. And the second and third reason there are pretty tightly linked in any case.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Joudas, we don't need an INFORMATION lynch right now. We would be left with 8 players. 3 of which are scum, and it would be essentially lynch or lose.

Yosarian, you still keep changing what your "biggest issue" with me is to whatever is the hot button issue. And the second reason is just a matter of opinion, and apparently everyone here has a bad opinion. ABR is new, so maybe he'll support me on this.

ABR, is my abandoning of the Near wagon (your predecesor) on Day 1 a bad thing? It almost caused a "No lynch", and Yosarian says that I shouldn't have stopped supporting Near's lynch, even if I thought he was town, because it was better than a No Lynch. Several players have agreed with him. Do you think I am wrong?

Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Joudas »

mikeburnfire wrote:Joudas, we don't need an INFORMATION lynch right now. We would be left with 8 players. 3 of which are scum, and it would be essentially lynch or lose.
By this logic, a no lynch would be the best option - then we'd end up with 9 players 3 scum on day 3, lynch + nk = 7 players, worst case 3 scum, which would still be lylo but would give us better odds. This logic is also bullshit.

Any lynch is potentially an information lynch. I'm not suggesting we lynch a townie just to prove they're a townie - the 5 people on that list are all scummy in their own way. Everyone has theories on who is scum with who - no matter who we lynch, we rule out a lot of those theories. Can we prove beyond a doubt who the scum are today? No. It's impossible. Looking at everyone's theories, I'll feel pretty lucky if we can come to a majority consensus. Everyone seems to disagree. This is bad.

However, from your point I'll take another: A lynch we can get information from is far better then one we can't get information from, as right now, we're not in lylo. If we lynch someone that gives us nothing, regardless of their alignment, we're no better off tomorrow then we are today. As such,
Unvote
, with the intention to move to either Dasquian, PyroDwarf, or MacAvenger tomorrow once I've had a chance to re-read a bit.

Lynching SL as a policy lynch or otherwise right now would give us nothing because he's been fairly inactive since the game started. This would be bad.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Guardian »

Okay: Guys: I'm 95% sure ABR is town (he's replacing Near, remember?).

I'm 92% sure he has this game read correctly, both in that his observations make sense, and that I've done some metagaming on him and he's on an incredible hot streak recently.

Those are pretty damn good odds, despite any independent thought you have.

Add to that that, well, his case on duck and dbe make sense, then it really makes sense to go with it. (shrug)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”