Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Macavenger »

Noon-early afternoonish, Amor.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 8:35 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

amor its probably between 11pm-3pm EST
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:25 am

Post by populartajo »

Mac wrote:Sure, I didn't accompany mine with a joke reason, and I expected him to ask about that. Asking about it is fine. A Major FoS, however, is something you don't see on page 2, and implies very serious suspicions about a person.
A vote would have been fine? Mac, have you done this before? Can you link me to some games where you've used this "reaction" test at the beginning of a game?
Mac wrote:No, we will pretty soon, because I'm going to quit bothering to reply pretty soon unless you bring up some new arguments that I haven't already snapped in half.
Snapped in half? Where?
Mac wrote:Sucks for town that we got a townie who decided to act suspicious and then give up.
So lets lynch him and lets lynch his defenders. Right. Do you suspect anyone else than the possible trifecta? Have you at least cared to meta Malthusis?
Mac wrote:It's not going to cause me to think my method is invalid, if that's what you're asking. Malth has done too much other scummy stuff this game to make me give up on it
You have a point here. I'd sincerely be in your ass and pushing your lynch if Malthusis hadn't decided to give up against your weak logic, lurk and ask for a replacement.
Mac wrote:Ok, I didn't read it quite carefully enough to find those. I still find that nowhere near the vehemence with which you are arguing against me, though.
Ok, if you want to argue about what happened in that game and compare it with what you're doing here then you have to read carefully. IMO, theya re different situations, but its the same point. I think this shows it better :
What does it differentiate from IC scum trying to get suspicious reactions (especially from newbie townies) so that he can develop his strategy from them?

About the vehemence, I think its pretty obvious. Being that my first game, I had no experience regarding this "tests". Also, I didnt know the allignment of IH.
Mac wrote:With Darla though, I mean you say right there you think she's a newbie having a hard time defending herself, so you're... helping her defend herself. You're telling people we're not attacking her for good reasons and trying to get us to stop. That's defending.
My opinion of Darla is already known. I sincerely think she's a newbie having a hard time defending agaisnt enormous posts. She likes to defend. Even, IIRC, she said that she would like people to defend her if the cases against her were weak to illogic. I assume that's why she likes doing it.
I also see on her a problem of lack of condifence. It would prob explain the way she's voted during the game. Overall, my read on her is an active newbie townie, suspected weakly for his connections with a player that at this point of the game and if he isnt scum, has sincerely fckd this day.
If you call disliking weak logic and not going against my reading of a player, defending, then thats what Im doing.

[/quote]
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:04 am

Post by populartajo »

Now, Shepherd. Ugh, this boy likes to write and I like to bold. All ok.
Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote: You suggest that they
[reactions]
are helpful. So, if they do not prove 100%, do you suppose they are "more likely" to indicate scum. If they are not "more likely" to come from scum, then how do you seem them as helpful?
They are helpful becuase they teach us about how a player usually plays this game. They even could indicate allignment, (Im pretty sure some noob scum could have made an obvius slip), but in this case, Malthius reactions to Mac test, independent of both's allignment, dont prove that he's scum, not even "more likely". And, Shepher if you say you understand my dislike, why do you keep asking this?
populartajo wrote:
Macavenger wrote:In fact, Malthusis has not actually done any scumhunting in this game, unless you want to count his overblown, OMGUSy accusation of me on page 2. My vote is staying on him now for this reason.
So, conclusion, what are your reasons for voting him: reacting or not scumhunting?
What about this question. Mac said, he is voting for the initial overreaction and then further the next reason comes from his lack of scum hunting. What is the point to your question.
My point to that question simply asking Mac what were his real reasons for suspecting Mal. Valid reason : lack of scumhunting, lurking, etc. Invalid reason : null reaction to a illogic test.

The thing next that you say is part of the
possible
trifecta argument that I proposed earlier. You start the whole disregard for the attack on Darla by defending both Darla and Malthusis (by defending the defense of malthusis made by Darla). You seem to want to make their connection together seem like it is not a real sign. This comes on top of defending malthusis the whole game prior. Here is the quote.
populartajo wrote:
Rice wrote:
Darla wrote:Is it not possible that malth is a nervous Vanilla? or a Cop or something who it will harm the town to kill?

Defending a scumbuddy?
Is this a serious accusation?
FoS: Rice

Rice, who do you suspect and why?
Why does it bother you that Rice saw that connection?
Seems like a cheap way to attack someone, jumping against her with pretty much no backup, only "defending a scumbuddy". I even asked if that was a serious accusation. Got no answer. Also, what do you think of Rice?
populartajo wrote:Bleh, Im going to sound like Im Mr. Defender, but why are you people disliking Darla? Anyone would like to make a case against her cause the only thing Im seeing is "oh, she's defending her scumbuddies". Why not attacking them, then?
So, you further keep defending your second pick to defend.
Read answer to Mac
What is the question at the end of this quote. malthusis is already under attack. That was her suspected scum buddy. You joined the suspected group
Uhhh, when?
by repeated defending malthusis and now defending her, his other defender. The three of you seem to be on the same page.

It almost seems like scum would try to avoid this.
Glad you noticed this.
So, maybe one of the three of you are innocent. Maybe you like to have her helping the defense on malthusis so that it does not make you look alone.
You're taking this too far away and you know that, yet you keep on doing it. Why?
I am still trying to piece the meaning together.
Go, go, go. After your failed attacks to the trifecta, now you realize that its better to just lynch only two. Good. Who do you want lynched: Malthusis and me? Darla and Mal?

As stated before, started to distance yourself from malthusis only after no one else agreed with you. You still work hard at this whole point that has been resolved.
When was I with Malthusis? Im not defending him, Shepherd. As you like to write, try reading the posts, okay? I dont care if no one agree with me as long as I feel Im right about cases but I dont remember having distanced from a dumb player.

The Darla connection continues. So, you mention gaborage; why not Travis, why not Coheed? These people are equally annoyingly silent at that phase of the game. Plus, they both have super pointless things to add.
Im in some games with gaborage, specially War in Heaven, where I noticed his massive participation in that game and not here. Hence the suspicion. Null tell after his answer where he explained that he liked more some games than others. About the other people, Travis seems a little too quiet from the game I remember with him, might need a reread, and Coheed, not too much to say about him, hasnt done anything scummy IIRC.

I am glad to ruffle some feathers. If I did not get under some players skin, then I would not be doing my job.
You're doing it wrong.
It just happens to be getting under you skin.
Thats why its wrong
. You are defending players.
Who?
Your denial does not make that less than true. What is up with this 100% stuff. Only one group has 100% knowledge of who is on what side of town.
Scum! Bonus points?
How can you expect us to present 100% proof.
I never asked for it
No, you did not prove that they are 100% scum or 100% town.
Thats why Im not attacking someone with all I have.
Why are you so concerned with malthusis bad appearance.
I am not.
Is there some reason that you do not want him lynched?
When did I say that?
Maybe you taste buds are tainted with blood. Maybe, I am getting close to you.
Eww, go away
. Darla, may possible be innocent, I know she does seem very new.
Finally, do we agree?
But, I do not see that as the trump all. Malthusis is beyond annoying for quiting the game.
Agree
. I feel bad for his replacement. But, you do not sit well with me as I have outlined in this post.

Tell me, other than Darla being new at this, why else do you defend her?
Gut? Disliking how some people have attacked her?
What has she said to give you confidence in her being pro town?
Not too much explicitly, read my analysis of her
. I do not like you 100% standard that you expect Mac to answer too.
I never asked one. What bothers me is that he seems to think is 100% accurate
What makes her likely to be town by way of analyzing her posts?
Wait, didnt you think he was possible innocent?
I am not 100% sure of any player. But, you seem to have more knowledge than the rest of us, why don't you give some to us.
Because I dont have it, Shepherd
Happy?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:31 am

Post by populartajo »

Sorry for the triple post. But I just realized my post was some big sht.
For people who doesnt like to read.
Mac was still defending his way of catching scum. I strongly disagree. Notice this in case its necessary. Prob the discussion will never end.
Malthusis is scummy independent of this test, as Mac has well noticed. He's fked up this day and I feel bad for OG as he's possibly the lynch for the day.
Shepherd still is too eager to scumhunt. Not so fan of this. Not too townie argument involved, BTW. He's taken his accusations far from what I would like. Trifecta much? Darla possible innocent but still asking why Im "defending" her?
About other players, bleh, this Malthusis situation, (Im partially guilty for this) has taken people away from sincere scumhunting. People are just, "well lets lynch Malthusis and lets lynch Darla for being his possible scumpartner" I mean, WTF?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:07 am

Post by populartajo »

Some quick rereading and some quotes Id like to post. Dont get angry at me.
Amor wrote:I agree that we definitely need to make a lynch today. I don't think the case on Smokedank is particularly strong,
Why?
Mac wrote:Noon-early afternoonish, Amor.
LOL.
Coheed wrote:I'm leaving right now, but I'll Vote: OGSmokeDank I might be back to switch my vote, not sure though.
Mmmm.
Do me a favour. I want every people voting for Malthusis/ OG Smokedank
the exact
reason why are you voting for him. Im not saying dont lynch him cuz Im sure some random dude , cough Shepherd, will point this out.
Im just asking this, since I feel its possible that we could need this information later.
Call me Tajo.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by goborage »

Vote: OGSmokeDank

Why? First because it is the only established bandwagon and a lynch is better than no-lynch. Due to what I perceive as mass-inactivity, there is a very real danger of not getting enough votes to successfully lynch anyone.

Second because out of the three characters that have been widely deemed as suspicious (DBE, Mac, and Malthusius/OGSmokeDank), I would say Malth is the worst of them. I don't think DBE is lynchworthy for the reasons I've posted. The only spot I see on Mac is his early "vote trap" - he hasn't done anything I'd label as scummy since.

Malthusius is the worst of them. He has refused to answer towns' questions by simply leaving the game - very anti-town. OG hasn't posted a defense yet so maybe this vote will pressure him to do so.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Macavenger »

OG Smokedank is at L-1 by my count. No one should be hammering before about May 11, unless we get significant dialogue from her first. She needs to have as much time to talk as we can give her without being forced into a deadline no-lynch.
populartajo wrote:Mac, have you done this before? Can you link me to some games where you've used this "reaction" test at the beginning of a game?
No. This is only the third game I joined on this site, up to 5 total counting two I've joined since then. I haven't exactly had a lot of opportunities, especially since three of the games I either replaced into or didn't have a typical random voting phase. It's also far from a tactic I would use every game in any case; it's something I'd only use when I already thought a player was being too jumpy.
populartajo wrote:Snapped in half? Where?
Any number of my replies where I explain why my technique is valid, that you've never given any reason for being false?
populartajo wrote:So lets lynch him and lets lynch his defenders. Right. Do you suspect anyone else than the possible trifecta? Have you at least cared to meta Malthusis?
I don't intend to lynch anyone else purely for defending Malthusis. Honestly you're about the only one that comes close to that being a full case on anyway. Obviously if OG comes up town, I'll have to reevaluate a few things. Outside the trifecta, I'm suspicious of goborage -
actually I think he's more likely to be scum than you are right now
(see below). Amor and Travis are also on my radar, but much lower for the time being. DBE will probably be my top suspect at the beginning of the day tomorrow regardless of OG's alignment - the way she's been vote hopping looking for a wagon, and incredibly wishy washy about the OG wagon itself earlier are quite scummy regardless of how that role turns out.
populartajo wrote:
What does it differentiate from IC scum trying to get suspicious reactions (especially from newbie townies) so that he can develop his strategy from them?
(Italics original) Because I had already seen a suspicious reaction this game. I was giving that behavior a chance to confirm or deny itself. IH was just flat fishing for something to work with.
populartajo wrote:About the vehemence, I think its pretty obvious. Being that my first game, I had no experience regarding this "tests".
Also, I didnt know the allignment of IH.
(Italics mine) This strongly implies populartajo knows my alignment this game.
HoS: populartajo

populartajo wrote:Im in some games with gaborage, specially War in Heaven, where I noticed his massive participation in that game and not here. Hence the suspicion. Null tell after his answer where he explained that he liked more some games than others.
That doesn't make it a null tell. It could easily be an excuse he made up. Radically different posting patterns in different games is scummy in the less active ones, generally speaking. Behind the fact that he's not posting much, goborage being generally very unhelpful in this game contributes to that line of suspicion.
populartajo wrote:
Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:I do not like you 100% standard that you expect Mac to answer too.
I never asked one. What bothers me is that he seems to think is 100% accurate
This is bullshit. Your main argument against my method the entire game has been that "it doesn't prove anything." Well no shit, I've already gone over how nothing "proves" anything in this game (except death), but that certain things are more likely to come from scum, and hence scumtells. Your response has always been more "that doesn't prove anything." So yes, you are essentially demanding 100% proof from me. As to the other side of that, taking a quick skim through my posts this game, I found at least 3 cases where I specifically state that I don't think my test is 100% accurate, or that I'm not entirely sure Malthusis is scum because of it, mostly in direct reply to you. You're either trying to twist my words here or horribly exaggerating statements for no good reason I can see.
populartajo wrote:Do me a favour. I want every people voting for Malthusis/ OG Smokedank the exact reason why are you voting for him. Im not saying dont lynch him cuz Im sure some random dude , cough Shepherd, will point this out.
Im just asking this, since I feel its possible that we could need this information later.
There is no single exact reason, so I'll give you an overview of my case.
  • Overly jumpy/aggressive reactions early.
  • No scumhunting.
  • Concern with not appearing scummy over finding scum.
  • Parroting others; relying on other people's defenses rather than making his own.
  • Abandoning the game when the pressure went on
    while continuing to post elsewhere on the site
    . In fact, he's signed up for and posted in a new game since ditching this one. OG is also quite active in her other game, despite protesting that she hasn't had time to read this one. Deliberate lurking/abandonment by multiple players of the same role is a high chance fo scum.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Going back through my posts, I noticed something that hasn't been answered yet:
Macavenger wrote:
Amor wrote:I don't like Macavenger's methods, but on the other hand I really would like to see Malth post more content.
Amor wrote:I definitely think Malthusius isn't looking good right now, between his "Major FoS" on Macavenger and the use of "I did it to create conversation", which always makes me twitch. It's worth noting that in this case he wasn't even being called out for saying it, just disagreed with. At the very least, he's very defensive. FoS: Malthusius
Please explain why you FoS'd Malthusis earlier partly based on the reaction I gained if you don't like my methods.
Still waiting for your explanation here, Amor.

Also, I really don't think I spotlighted this point heavily enough in my last post:
Macavenger wrote:
populartajo wrote:About the vehemence, I think its pretty obvious. Being that my first game, I had no experience regarding this "tests".
Also, I didnt know the allignment of IH.
(Italics mine) This strongly implies populartajo knows my alignment this game.
HoS: populartajo
populartajo appears to be explaining why he's arguing against my point more vehemently this game, by pointing out differences. He says it was his first game and he had less experience with subtle methods, which is fair. He then comments that he didn't know IH's alignment that game. Since he's pointing out reasons (i.e. differences) that cause him to react differently, this implies he
does
know my alignment in this game, which is only possible if he's scum.

You better have a damn good explanation for this, tajo.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 12:54 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Votecount

OG Smokedank (5) - CoheedCambria09, Macavenger, Shepher_of_Wolves, Riceballtail, goborage

CoheedCambria09 (1) - OG Smokedank
Macavenger (1) - populartajo
DarlaBlueEyes (1) - Amor

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline in 3 days.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Checking in. Classes have kept me busy. Hoping for a good read tomorrow.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by populartajo »

Mac wrote:No. This is only the third game I joined on this site, up to 5 total counting two I've joined since then. I haven't exactly had a lot of opportunities, especially since three of the games I either replaced into or didn't have a typical random voting phase. It's also far from a tactic I would use every game in any case; it's something I'd only use when I already thought a player was being too jumpy.
So, do you consider yourself a relative newbie? Then how do you know exactly what kind of reactions scum can give?
Mac wrote:Any number of my replies where I explain why my technique is valid, that you've never given any reason for being false?
Please understand why your logic is not valid. Its useful, I already said why, but its far from catching scum with a safe percentage. Your tactic doesnt even get close to "more likely to catch scum" because for me, NOT EVERYONE REACTS THE SAME WAY AND YOU BASED YOUR FIRST SERIOUS ACCUSATIONS IN AN ANSWER THAT DIDNT SATISFY YOU. Who are you, Mac, to tell what's an scummy reaction or a decent answer?
That's exactly why I compared it with IH's trap. How do we know that for you a Major FoS is not a decent answer? Im not in your head and I dont know why in hell a Major FoS is a flunked test. Im not saying you're scum or that Malthius isnt. This is not an accusation. It's a simple dislike of your methods.
Mac wrote:Because I had already seen a suspicious reaction this game. I was giving that behavior a chance to confirm or deny itself. IH was just flat fishing for something to work with.
Mac, dont lie, you were fishing too.
Mac wrote:This is bullshit. Your main argument against my method the entire game has been that "it doesn't prove anything." Well no shit, I've already gone over how nothing "proves" anything in this game (except death), but that certain things are more likely to come from scum, and hence scumtells. Your response has always been more "that doesn't prove anything." So yes, you are essentially demanding 100% proof from me. As to the other side of that, taking a quick skim through my posts this game, I found at least 3 cases where I specifically state that I don't think my test is 100% accurate, or that I'm not entirely sure Malthusis is scum because of it, mostly in direct reply to you. You're either trying to twist my words here or horribly exaggerating statements for no good reason I can see.
Mac wrote:populartajo appears to be explaining why he's arguing against my point more vehemently this game, by pointing out differences. He says it was his first game and he had less experience with subtle methods, which is fair. He then comments that he didn't know IH's alignment that game. Since he's pointing out reasons (i.e. differences) that cause him to react differently, this implies he does know my alignment in this game, which is only possible if he's scum.
Cut the crap, Mac. Im going to show you, step by step, slowly, Ok?. I thought I didnt need to.
Reasons
at that moment
for not arguing strongly against him:
a) Less experience. Check.
b) I didn't know IH's allignment. Problems.
Furher explication : Its valid to say that I didnt know if I was wrong (hence the soft arguments) becuase
at that moment
IH could have been a townie.
He was finally scum. His trap could definitely have catched a townie. Thats why I dislike these subtle methods.
Addendum : Thats why I'm having this argument with you, regarding your allignment. If you're scum you probably picked a good target. If you're town (even if Malthius is scum) then
you should revaluate your methods
. Seriously.
Check the itallics.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by populartajo »

Forget to answer this quote.
Mac wrote:This is bullshit. Your main argument against my method the entire game has been that "it doesn't prove anything." Well no shit, I've already gone over how nothing "proves" anything in this game (except death), but that certain things are more likely to come from scum, and hence scumtells. Your response has always been more "that doesn't prove anything." So yes, you are essentially demanding 100% proof from me. As to the other side of that, taking a quick skim through my posts this game, I found at least 3 cases where I specifically state that I don't think my test is 100% accurate, or that I'm not entirely sure Malthusis is scum because of it, mostly in direct reply to you. You're either trying to twist my words here or horribly exaggerating statements for no good reason I can see.
But you were 100% sure he was scum, right?
Mac wrote: I was testing a theory that you seemed a bit jumpy in your responses to stuff flying around in the random voting stage.
You just flunked the test. Badly. And get to keep the vote as a result.
Were you waiting another reaction? Why did you keep the vote? How sure were you at that moment? It smells, almost, like "pretty sure"
Mmmm.
Amor wrote:I definitely think Malthusius isn't looking good right now, between his "Major FoS" on Macavenger and the use of "I did it to create conversation", which always makes me twitch. It's worth noting that in this case he wasn't even being called out for saying it, just disagreed with. At the very least, he's very defensive. FoS: Malthusius
Something strange I found rereading. Amor, why do you think his Major FoS is strange?
Call me Tajo.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I really really want a post from Smoke, I know she is in class and all I just hope she isn't avoiding this thread, If we could get a prod due to deadline that'd e great!

As for the case on Mac from Tajo, I think Mac (well from other games) Is more experienced than he is letting on here, This was my first random vote as well as all the games I joined prior to this one were replacements.

I think to jump on someone SO quickly because a n00b made a mistake is very puzzling.

Mac voted for Malth with no real reason, and Malth flipped. Now all that to say in the situation Malth looked way more scummy BECAUSE of the "major FoS" but I think it was pretty understandable.

His reaction = He is scum is what I don't get, I think We should have FoS'd him and delved into his case. But then he disappeared which further made him look scumtastic.

What I don't understand Is why Mac hasn't looked in other places for Scum (well besides me for 'defending' but Malth wasn't posting and I didn't agree with the case against him at the time)

It looks like he found an easy target and grand-ized the case against him, coupled with HORRIBLE playing by malth, he made a sale.

Again I'm not saying Malth/OG AREN'T Scum, I'm Saying I don't think we have as much proof as mac is leading us to believe. Still Willing to hammer as we really don't need a no-lynch, but I had to put that out there.

FoS: Mac
Show
you done goofed.

Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Amor »

populartajo wrote:
Amor wrote:I agree that we definitely need to make a lynch today. I don't think the case on Smokedank is particularly strong,
Why?
It pretty much amounts to the fact that Malth made a "major FoS" instead of a vote, that he's defending himself instead of scumhunting, and that he was lurking. Well, he was replaced, so obviously he isn't lurking as a strategy, he just flaked. The first two points are legitimately suspicious, but I don't think that they alone make a strong case. I can easily see Malth being a newbie townie who got fed up when he was thrust into the spotlight. So I'm not fully convinced he's scum, which makes me sort of uncomfortable with lynching him, but it's better than no lynch.
Macavenger wrote:
Macavenger wrote: [quote="Amor]
I don't like Macavenger's methods, but on the other hand I really would like to see Malth post more content.
Please explain why you FoS'd Malthusis earlier partly based on the reaction I gained if you don't like my methods.
Still waiting for your explanation here, Amor.[/quote]

I don't like using "traps" like this to gauge reaction, because in general I find they don't work and can be twisted which ever way the user likes. What would the correct reaction have been from Malth? Still, I thought his reaction was a little suspicious, although ultimately it's a minor point.
populartajo wrote:Something strange I found rereading. Amor, why do you think his Major FoS is strange?
Like others have said, a random vote isn't something to be majorly suspicious of. So at the vary least it was a jumpy reaction.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:52 am

Post by caf19 »

With (approx) 24 hours to go, Smoke hasn't surfaced yet. I guess this means she is fairly inevitable as today's lynch, because even if she does get round to posting a defence there's no way enough people will read it and/or be convinced in time to get a different lynch together.

I think Mac and populartajo should set aside their argument for now while we clarify everyone's opinion on the impending lynch. We have 5 people voting for Smoke, so it's safe to say they would be happy to see her swing. As for the others I think you need to clarify whether you're happy with today's lynch, so we'll have some info on everyone for use tomorrow. Amor clarified his opinion in his last post but I'm not entirely sure of Darla's, tajo's and (particularly) Travis's views. Greasy Spot as well, although we won't get this if he's being replaced.

My view: I'm fine with a Malth/Smoke lynch and will add my vote to it if necessary. Normally I'd want more discussion and/or evidence, but as we're at deadline I'll have to make do. Reasons for my suspicion include: Malth's early over-reaction, saying that a "Major FoS" was meant to be more innocuous than a vote when this was clearly not the case, and general unenthusiasm when it comes actively scumhunting.

I still hope Smoke will come up with something before the end of the day - it would be useful for tomorrow.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Macavenger »

We do unfortunately pretty much have to lynch Smoke at this point. I'd love more time to discuss it, but we just don't have it.

I have limited access today, so I don't have time to respond to Darla and tajo right now. I'll be happy to on Day 2 though.

Anyone who checks the thread at this point should be voting Smoke unless you're sure you'll be back before deadline hits. If you will be, leaving it open for more discussion is good, but we really do need to get a lynch in.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:07 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I will hammer if it comes to it but right now she needs two more votes.

Despite my doubts I do believe that Smoke could be scum. The fact that she isn't posting here but has in other games pretty much tells it all.

I was hoping that she'd post and I'd feel better for my defense but now I am pretty sure she is scum. Malth dug her into a pit and she doesn't know how to get out.

I will be online *probably* until 10am GMT tonight (I gotta for a few hours now)

but I am all for the lynch.
Show
you done goofed.

CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:09 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

back, to answer the question, i thought Malth looked scummy, and then OG came in and has lurked. I also dont want to end up with a nolynch today.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:45 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

ok so I may not actually be here later so,

vote:OGsmokdank
Show
you done goofed.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Based on how the game has proceeded, I still feel OG deserves the lynch, either lurking my choice, or maybe flaking, either way... the failure to provide any sort of defense is bothersome. Based on his role, I will know who I want lynched tomorrow.

My top three scummers: DBE, Gob, Coheed
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

ok so I'm here, and will be for like 3 more hours but not for deadline, Please someone finish this... we don't want a no-lynch today.

@ Riceball: I totally understand your suspicion of me, but I see now how completely stupid I was <defending everything> so I can't even say its unwarranted suspicion, I'm still learning all this stuff so I tend to make a lot of stupid mistakes.

Hopefully tomorrow I can change your mind :)
Show
you done goofed.

caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 am

Post by caf19 »

We only have a few hours left, and no-one seems to be discussing anything more, so here's the hammer:

Vote OG Smokedank
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:02 am

Final Votecount

OG Smokedank (7) - CoheedCambria09, Macavenger, Shepher_of_Wolves, Riceballtail, goborage, DarlaBlueEyes, caf19

CoheedCambria09 (1) - OG Smokedank
Macavenger (1) - populartajo
DarlaBlueEyes (1) - Amor

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:08 am

The lord watched as the dark red liquid slowly poured down.

“Wine’s a fine beverage indeed,” he mumbled.

He picked up the cork and closed the bottle, then took his glass.

The lord fled away from the House for a night, along with his family and most of the villagers. It’s probably safer here.

The lord opened the curtains, and stared into the night. The moon was glowing red, just like he expected.

The lord sighed.

Ninety miles away from the House, and still, his feeling of safety was completely absent.

“I shouldn’t have left those villagers alone,” he thought. “Ofcourse, the werewolves are among them, and they’re probably more powerful too."

A few moments, he closed his eyes in consideration.

The lord then ran to the door, as quickly as he could. He grabbed his mantle, dropped his glass in the hurry, and ran outside, to his car.
The glass fell on the hard, cold ground. It shattered to pieces, the blood red wine being spread all across the floor.

His wife just came down to see where all that noise came from to see the lord's Plymouth drive away.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”