Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Because theres actually only 9 alive wouldn't the next vote Hammer?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Ugh, this recent post by DBE is just so incredibly scummy I can't get my mind around it. I can't figure out if the play here is to just go ahead and lynch Dasquian for probably being her partner and because she's a claimed power role, or just lynch DBE now for incredible scumminess.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Please go ahead and put Dasquian at -1.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Macavenger »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Because theres actually only 9 alive wouldn't the next vote Hammer?
No, there are 10 alive.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Alright fine here:

vote:Dasquian
Show
you done goofed.

Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Well now I'm not voting Dasquian, because it's not time for a hammer yet. I'm pretty sure DBE is scum at this point, though.

More rereading and probably some questions for Dasquian to follow.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

what logic tells you that I would (if i were scum w/ dasq) Put him at L-1 ?

Where in the play books or w.e the hell you call em does it say such a thing? Isn't the point of Mafia to WIN if you are the Mafia? Which is a LOT easier if you don't lose a partner.

So help me understand your logic here.
Show
you done goofed.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Macavenger wrote:Ugh, this recent post by DBE is just so incredibly scummy I can't get my mind around it.
We could very well cut the intermediary and lynch DBE on the spot. Do we have enough support ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Dasquian, you made a compelling argument, once upon a time:
Dasquian wrote:
I too am more inclined to believe that if Guardian is anything, he's a cop. It's about the only way I could excuse his actions as being pro-town, even if I still think he made very poor choices. Likewise,
I would side against DBE if it came to a "they can't both be right" situation on the basis that she first vague-claimed a power-role then fitted it to watcher after the tracker died.
Consider today's choice of lynch between you and DBE.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

lol, lynch me if you will, you lose the watcher after losing the tracker, gotta give props to the scum in this game, you guys are playing us like a fiddle.
Show
you done goofed.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:32 pm

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:lol, lynch me if you will, you lose the watcher after losing the tracker, gotta give props to the scum in this game, you guys are playing us like a fiddle.
Hear that Yosarian ? Your girl is screaming for help. Are you going to swoop in, or will you abandon her in the hands of fate ? Either way, your mafia will quickly be disbanded. Be prepared.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Macavenger »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:what logic tells you that I would (if i were scum w/ dasq) Put him at L-1 ?

Where in the play books or w.e the hell you call em does it say such a thing? Isn't the point of Mafia to WIN if you are the Mafia? Which is a LOT easier if you don't lose a partner.

So help me understand your logic here.
Darla, you're smarter than this. But just on the off chance you honestly don't get it, see Bussing and Distancing.

We're probably still better off lynching Dasquian today, honestly. But I'm not going to hammer him without giving him more of a chance to talk first.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Macavenger wrote:Ugh, this recent post by DBE is just so incredibly scummy I can't get my mind around it.
We could very well cut the intermediary and lynch DBE on the spot. Do we have enough support ?
We have some support, but I don't know if it's enough. I'd be on board, though.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Darla Blue Eyes wrote:
I don't think he is scum But I'd vote Dasq to prove a point that I am not his scum buddy, you can call it distancing or not but a good scum buddy wouldn't put their partner at L-1 now would they?
Darla Blue Eyes wrote: Alright fine here:

vote:Dasquian

Heh...man, now that was scummy, DBE.

Hint: Any time you seem more concerned about how you look then about helping the town lynch scum, it makes you look really scummy.

I still don't see the logic behind a Dasquin lynch, but I could go along with a DBE lynch, especally if the Mike one's not going to happen.

unvote

vote:Darla Blue Eyes
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Joudas »

Holy shit, Darla. I was totally convinced you were town; now, not so much. I'm sticking to my guns with Dasquian for the timebeing, because I want to see where this is going, but Albert's theory is looking better all the time.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Joudas »

On another note, I'm going on a short vacation tomorrow mid-day and won't be back till Sunday afternoon. I'll re-check things up till about 10:00 am EST tomorrow, but after that point, my vote stands till I get back. Just so there's no "Hay where'd Joudas go when stuff started heating up?" crap.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote Count!

Dasquian 5 - ABR, Guardian, MBF, Joudas, DBE
DBE 1 - Yos2
Pyrodwarf 1 - Singing Librarian

Not voting:

Pyrodwarf, Macavenger, Dasquian

With 10 players alive, it is 6 to lynch!
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Vote: DBE
On reflection, the last few posts are just way too blatantly scummy to pass up.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

lol I find this very amusing.

In voting for Dasq I am attempting to disprove my alliance AND help the town because I am the watcher who it would benefit the town to not lynch.

If you guys lynch me I will be LOLing @ you all going 'aw shit she was the watcher' and the scum going 'lol this is too easy'
Show
you done goofed.

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Dasquian »

What, so DBE does something idiotic and
I
get threatened with the vote? Thanks a bunch guys ;) At least in the last page DBE is getting the well-deserved heat, but I'm still not sure that's a great idea.

Fact is, I'm not DBE's scum-buddy. I'm not scum at all. But a number of you are playing as though this is so likely that direct conclusions can be drawn from lynching one of us, which I think is dangerous. Particularly when we get stellar logic like "hey, DBE sounds scummy, very tempted to vote Dasquian now".

ABR is now trying to back me into a corner with something I said earlier. Not only has Guardian been making himself scummier in my eyes since then, but the statement ABR quoted
only holds if it's very likely ABR and Guardian cannot both be town
, a conclusion which I think is too early to draw.

Here's how things stand for me now:

DBE - a confusing blend of utter naivetie and classic scum-tells. I still think watcher is a likely role given we had a tracker. I still think the timing of her role-reveal was scummy and potentially chosen after the tracker reveal. I still think her night-choice was scummy as is her constant ability to do what she thinks will look most town-like. Her part in the Coron lynch mirrors what's happening here - she's been pushed into thinking that if she votes Coron/me, she'll be doing the "right thing" and be in everyone's good books. OTOH all of this can be put down to excessive inexperience (no offense intended). I do not think she is a good choice of lynch today.

Guardian - this guy is simply rabid. His tactics consist solely of insisting he's right about someone and then shouting at people until they join him. This is not clever scum-hunting. This is also not accurate scum-hunting, after tagging myself and Coron. The cop claim explains his insistance on lynching Coron, but I still maintain that the deadline lynch was the height of idiocy for all parties concerned, the result merely proving how risky the whole thing was. I can't shake the feeling that he's simply totally ballsy scum, realising that no one will call him up on a cop claim.

Near/ABR - Near basically "cleared" himself in deadline yesterday. That still holds, but doesn't totally clear ABR forever and ever. If ABR
is
scum, he's in a very strong position. Needless to say, I have far less than a favourable read on him since he's going hell-for-leather trying to get yours truly lynched. My biggest beef with him, however, is how eerily similar his play is to Guardian's. It's like he joined the game, saw that Guardian's tactics were effective and tolerated by the town, and decided to get a piece of that action. This alone makes me strongly wonder if we weren't giving Near-as-scum nearly enough credit.

mbf - There was a good case against mbf. He's been giving off townish vibes recently but his part in the Coron lynch and the stance on no lynches he seemed forced to hold jars badly. I really do think he's a good lynch today; I would happily rejoin his bandwagon. I freely admit some OMGUS here too as he too is joining the case, such as it is, against me.

PyroDwarf - No real read. I want to go back on his posts. I still think his attempts to call out mbf as doctor reeked of scum fishing for a reaction.

Mac - No real read. I had him down as town yesterday. Less so now, particularly as he's been persuaded into joining the bandwagon against me (freely admit the OMGUS!). His part in lynching Coron shouldn't be forgotten either.

Joudas - I get a pretty townish read on this guy, despite OMGUS. There's been nothing that's made me sit up and consider him to be potential scum, which means he's either doing a good job of staying out of fire or (Occam) is town.

Yos - Yos seems totally town to me.

SL - SL seems town to me, but isn't posting nearly as much as everyone else.

Right now, I think the scum is likely to be mbf, PyroDwarf, and any of the others. ABR and Guardian are my favourites, but both have good reasons not to be lynched today. DBE and Mac are possible third scums, but I'm not really buying into it right now.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Oh, and, btw - ABR is clearly doing this. It's his tactic for succeeding in a lynch, but it doesn't make his original choice of victim any more accurate.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:lol I find this very amusing.

In voting for Dasq I am attempting to disprove my alliance AND help the town because I am the watcher who it would benefit the town to not lynch.
That's the point, Darla. You voting for Dasq dosn't prove you're not in a scum faction with him at all; if anything, it looks like you're his scumbuddy, you figured he was going to get lynched no matter what, so you decided to vote for him so you didn't go down after he got lynched. Or else that you're scum and he's town, and you're trying to lynch him to prove that you're not scum with him. Either way, though, a townie should never vote for someone they don't think is scum just to try to look better in the eyes of the town, but a scum will often do that.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 1:04 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Fact is, I'm not DBE's scum-buddy. I'm not scum at all. But a number of you are playing as though this is so likely that direct conclusions can be drawn from lynching one of us, which I think is dangerous. Particularly when we get stellar logic like "hey, DBE sounds scummy, very tempted to vote Dasquian now".
I freely admit that most of my vote on Dasq comes from suspicion on DBE. I would really like to vote her, but there's always the issue of her watching Guardian, should she be telling the truth. It's complicated.... :(
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 1:13 am

Post by Dasquian »

...so assuming there are about three scum, who do you think is scummy
independently
of DBE's supposed guilt?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 1:19 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Pyrodwarf and, to a lesser extent, Yosarian.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”