Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Why do you think i'm scum?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Ether »

It's a combination of your FAILURE TO DO ANYTHING EVER and the fact that Incogscum, who should certainly know all about the differences between your scum/town play, tolerates this and tries to avoid you.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Incognito »

Ether wrote:Xtoxm is scum.

Incognito is scum.

This is not a drill.
Linking people without any knowledge of alignments is pretty silly. I've already said why I have no read of Xtoxm and you're not going to force me to manufacture one just because you think I'm wrong. He's been providing his own thoughts with respect to the game, and he's voted for the people who he's been suspicious of. In NG 581 which I linked to, his posts just seemed more theoretical and completely outside of the realm of the game. If you would like to continue voting for him, then that's fine with me but you're not going to force me to do so by accusing me of being scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Xtoxm »

FAILURE TO DO ANYTHING EVER
How exactly have I not doen anything...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Even though I am suss of ether at this point too, I agree with her assessment of xtoxm.
ether wrote:FAILURE TO DO ANYTHING EVER
This is p much 100% true.

I looked at your posts and most of them are BS-y general comments about the game of mafia and not really anything substantial pertaining to the game. Plus you're voting Flameaxe, which is a cop-out. Anyone can hide behind voting flameaxe at any time. It's not like we can really argue with you because flameaxe just lurks and then votes himself and then forgets he's voting himself. But it's easy vote.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:05 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Xtoxm wrote:
By not taking a solid stand on anyone...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also I played with xtoxm in cult mini (as my alt, PP). The game is over, so I can discuss it. He was pro-town vig and he played like a badass. None of this fence-sitting BS.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Ether »

Elvis, what do you think of the interactions between Xtoxm and Incognito?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't really know. I have never played with incog so I don't know as well.

You're saying incog is protecting or at least failing to adequately suspect xtoxm?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Incognito wrote:
Ether wrote:That's not an answer. Asking Xtoxm about some lame failure to summarize isn't an answer, either. Why is your read of
Xtoxm
badly in flux?
Because his contribution so far hasn't been so bad that I could go forward and definitively label him as scummy. Since he's entered the game, he has been commenting on game-related stuff even if his contribution has been short and sweet.
I think this gives xtoxm more credit than he deserves. I think most of xtoxm's posts HAVE commented on game-related stuff, but in such a way as to let the inquiry progress without actually saying anyone is scummy or not scummy.
Talk nerdy to me.

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Ether »

Post 435, Elvis wrote:You're saying incog is protecting or at least failing to adequately suspect xtoxm?
Yeah. The specific posts I analyzed in 413 are all pretty telling, I think.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I have poasted all xtoxm's posts here together so we can see them and how he has indeed done nothing.

xtoxm wrote:Hey all.

Hey Incog!
xtoxm wrote:I'll unvote cause I don't actually know what i'm supposedly voting for
xtoxm wrote:
Mr.I wrote:
look, you fools, day 1 has dragged on for long enough!

we need to lynch someone. the best bets at the moment are incog, q21, and mellowed man.

since mellowed man is the most popular lynch i can add to, i'm going to unvote vote mm.
it'll be much easier to figure out stuff on day 2.

I don't like the way you say this. Sounds liek you are trying to just get whoever gets the biggest wagon fastest should be lynched.

vote Mr. I

This is one of the posts where you actually make a point. Opportunistic? Maybe. But perhaps legitimate.
xtoxm wrote:Just noticed the replacement stuff - There's nothing wrong with requesting replacement if you don't like the way another player(s) are acting/treating, requsting replacement is fine, i've done it before, i'm not hanging around in a game where someone's being an asshole.

So voting him/anyone for that reason is ridiculous.
Defending incog.
xtoxm wrote:Random voting can get things going, it's rare to find any scum purely from random voting...But I notice you're a newbie, and I notice sometimes there is an impression that day 1 is obsolete for some people.

I can relate to your point about a day that goes on for ages.

But that doesn't me we should lynch just anyone, without much thought.
You're right about all of this but it's general gameplay, and does not help this game much at all. You're posting without saying anything.
xtoxm wrote:Hmm, for some reason I forgot about the possibility of him hiding behind scum and dieing cos of it, and assumed he hid behind baby...Which, thinking about it would have been absurd because he'd have been able to figure on points that there porbably isn't a doctor in the game.
Posting without saying anything. This gets us no closer to lynching anyone or saying who you think might be scum. Not that these type of comments are always bad, but they are the bulk of your contribution to this game.
xtoxm wrote:Yeh...That's clearly what happend. Checking his isolation all I got was that it almost certainly wasn't any of Incog, Q21, and Coron.
More useless speculation.
xtoxm wrote:Coron wrote:
It's also possible he hid with baby girl.

See 256.
Useless as above.
xtoxm wrote:
Dave wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Your use of emiticon does nothing to clarify what you are thinking.

The quote explains why I Fos'ed you, I still think the mafia knowing who the pro toen players are is highly unlikley, thus making me suspicious of you.

If you think that scum don't know who the power-roles are (I agree, I see no reason for them to), then why is it scummy for ek to make that kind of assumption...The only way it could be scummy is if scum do know.
Notice how no stance is taken here over anyone being scum. Just sort of splashing around in the argument without taking stand.
xtoxm wrote:vote flameaxe
Notice the nice reasoing.
xtoxm wrote:Check his isolation, he's purposely doing nothing.
LOL Pot calling kettle black.

Plus. Flameaxe always does this. It is hardly something new.
xtoxm wrote:Quote:
Speaking of Xtoxm though, Xtoxm, is there any reason you didn't do some kind of a summary upon entering the game as a replacement?

I thought the game was suffieciently short that it wasn't warranted.
Does not move game forward again. xtoxm could have taken a moment to say who he does think is scummy in summary or to say anything helpful at all. But he does not.
xtoxm wrote:Personally think it should be lynchees choice.
Strategizing. Not scum-hunting.
xtoxm wrote:Quote:
This post summarizes my thoughts quite nicely: Post 118 in NG 581.

You are right when you suggest that Xtoxm-town and Xtoxm-scum are 2 completely different personalities.

Xtoxm-scum still hasn't found his feet completely...His most recent strategy is to try and imitate Xtoxm-town in every way possible.
I see no scum-hunting here either.
xtoxm wrote:Why do you think i'm scum?
xtoxm wrote: Quote:

Except for the vote on Mr. I, I don't see xtoxm doing anything at all this game.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

unvote; vote xtoxm
Talk nerdy to me.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Elmo »

Ether: I really don't think Incognito's scum. I can see Xtoxm as scum, though, but I really don't think Incog is ignoring Xtoxm in the way you're talking about. I particularly agree with Incog that it's a bad move when we don't know either's alignment.

Incog: Your criteria for Xtoxm-scum seem to revolve around him being noticeably less vocal than Xtoxm-town, is that a fair description of your view in NG 581? Do you feel he has been vocal so far? Do you think his meta still holds true, given that he evidently knows about it at this point? Do you feel others are being premature in their stance towards Xtoxm?

Elvis: Why're you suspicious of Ether?

Unvote
:
Scotmany12
;
vote
:
Xtoxm
! Wagontastic... I'd also be happy to be voting Flameaxe right now (for some reason), but, y'know, momentum. Also, I specifically said in the signup thread that I would be doing relatively little for the purposes of surviving longer. Guess we'll see if my interest level continues to outweigh that. ;o
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Ugh, do you guys just like listening to yourselves talk or something? Why haven't we lynched somebody yet?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:29 am

Post by farside22 »

I read a bit on this page and just to point out what EK stated. When I've played with xtoxm as town he is not only more outgoing he has longer statements that have some real reasoning behind them. Usually he is a strong player, but I haven't seen him play scum as of yet. So far what I read just of him I agree not his best work.
Still I'm not sure what Dave did was best. I don't know too many people (scum wise) who vote for themselves although it has happened and just because some people have a defeatist attitude (cough incog) doesn't mean they should be ignored.
unvote:
vote: incog
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by armlx »

farside22 wrote:I have to read through again because I got lost, but I had one question.
Armix pointed out Dave's behavior and williness to give up, but didn't incog do the same so what is the difference?
I give Incog more credit to pull a trick like that, but I don't think either is scum so your point?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by JDodge »

elvis_knits wrote:Also I played with xtoxm in cult mini (as my alt, PP). The game is over, so I can discuss it. He was pro-town vig and he played like a badass. None of this fence-sitting BS.
Played with Xtoxm in Winter-Een-Mas. He was cult doc, played roughly the same as he is now.

I would be happy lynching any of the following three people: q21, DGB, Sarc.
Unvote, vote: q21
as he has the largest wagon of the three of them.

Ether is greatly misguided methinks, but pro-town. Xtoxm makes minimal sense as Incog's scumbuddy based on those posts when you look at WEM. q21's posts make him fairly obvious scum, DGB will harm town no matter what so I have no problem lynching her, and the last time I saw Sarc this useless was when he was scum in AITP.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:33 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

JDodge wrote:the last time I saw Sarc this useless was when he was scum in AITP.
Yeah, because this game is just like AITP.

The thing is that when I identify all of the scum, I kind of get bored just sitting around waiting for people to come to their senses and actually lynch someone. Incognito, q21, and Dave are all perfectly good lynches, and yet the spector of timidity that is slowly ruining every bloody game on this site has reared its ugly head yet again in this one, and I'm forced to sit around and wait while people jabber on about absolutely nothing for days and days and days before they're willing to fucking vote for someone.

So yeah, maybe that's why I'm being "useless" - I've already done my part, and I'm waiting for the rest of you to actually do yours.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:39 am

Post by q21 »

Just finished catching up and I am happy with where my vote is now, on Dave.

What about my posts make me obviously scum?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

JDodge wrote:DGB will harm town no matter what so I have no problem lynching her...
Sure. Since I want to win, this is the best way to go about it by your logic:

vote: DGB
:roll:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
JDodge wrote:DGB will harm town no matter what so I have no problem lynching her...
Sure. Since I want to win, this is the best way to go about it by your logic:

vote: DGB
:roll:
This is a great day in MS history.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Ether »

Will {JDodge, Sarcastro, DGB} please stop {messing with DGB, fucking around in general, listening to JDodge}? Cheers.

Q21 is eh. His wagon has always felt like a distraction to me, but his own actions are less than compelling. What do you think of the Xtoxmwagon, Q21?

Sarcastro, how does "the two posts directly above yours both contain votes for Xtoxm, who you are unwilling to mention directly" equate to "listening to [ourselves] talk"? Seriously.

Just for reference, have you
ever
been accurate in stubborn mode this early? What about accurate and successful? Why do you bother?
Post 444, JDodge wrote:Xtoxm makes minimal sense as Incog's scumbuddy based on those posts when you look at WEM.
First, he was still more active there. Second, even if he wasn't, that game wasn't in
Incognito's
meta, so his lenience still doesn't make any sense if they aren't scum together.
As I move my vote
LOUDER

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”