Newbie 595 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Muerrto »

I wanna see what his replacment says but I'm ready to lynch him unless it's amazing. I think he ducked because of the heat.

Official Vote Count

W!nt3r - 2 (q21, Muerrto)

Super Archivist - 1 (massive)
Litral - 1 (shaka!!)

Not Voting - 3 (Litral, W!nt3r, Super Archivist)

4 to Lynch.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Litral »

Muerrto wrote:I wanna see what his replacment says but I'm ready to lynch him unless it's amazing. I think he ducked because of the heat.
Agreed. This is a pretty sucky situation for a replacement...
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

W!nt3r replaces snafoo.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 8:42 am

Post by W!nt3r »

here starting readthrough
Strategy, smategy.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 9:05 am

Post by q21 »

Muerrto wrote:I wanna see what his replacment says but I'm ready to lynch him unless it's amazing. I think he ducked because of the heat.
QFT
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 9:27 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Finished my first read through... Thanks Hooked on Phonics for 450 Words per Min!!

Accessory To Murder is a scum tell.

FOS: Super

I'll have to post my write up tomorrow after my second read, I'm going to the Pirates baseball game tonight with the family for my Cousin's Graduation.

Note on snafoo: He's an aggressive player, but also I think, he may be a little lacking in the way of Executive Function... When he reads things, and then subsequently responds to them I think he may loose some of what he tries to prove in transit from brain to keyboard.

And I'm a nilla wafer.
Strategy, smategy.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Muerrto »

Usually when you duck tho you post in thread and say why. He was lurking almost all game and popping in then dissappeared. Not a good townie point there.

Also, why claim at 2 votes? Anxious?

Vote stands for now.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:00 am

Post by W!nt3r »

But I wasn't the one who ducked.

You're just focusing on him because you(muerrto) were his prime suspect day one. And psychologically you feel that because He left the game with those impressions, you feel unjustified in pursuing his arguments against you and trying your damnedest to have him believe you.

To " ... see what his replacement says but I'm ready to lynch him.." is a cynical statement.

You are willing to vote a fresh face, and someone who can give new insight to finding scum based on the "playstyle" of another player. That is rather rash and scummy. You don't want me to post my ideas and by doing so, dilute the minds of those you may have convinced of your innocence and would rather push a blind vote on a new player.

Vote Muerrto

FoS: Q
for following this same concept.
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:01 am

Post by W!nt3r »

I'm going to the game now. I may post more tonight after the game: ETA 11:00 PM EST
Strategy, smategy.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Muerrto »

W!nt3r wrote:But I wasn't the one who ducked.

You're just focusing on him because you(muerrto) were his prime suspect day one. And psychologically you feel that because He left the game with those impressions, you feel unjustified in pursuing his arguments against you and trying your damnedest to have him believe you.

To " ... see what his replacement says but I'm ready to lynch him.." is a cynical statement.

You are willing to vote a fresh face, and someone who can give new insight to finding scum based on the "playstyle" of another player. That is rather rash and scummy. You don't want me to post my ideas and by doing so, dilute the minds of those you may have convinced of your innocence and would rather push a blind vote on a new player.
Ahahahaha this post was horrible. An EXTREME appeal to emotion. 'I'm new, hear me out' etc.

You've still got the same role dude. If Snafoo was scum, so are you. Also, way to misquote me. What I said was:
So how exactly am I trying to stop you from posting your ideas? I called for them. Dilute minds? Blind vote? Is your join date correct? Are you really an IC?

How is it a blind vote? Why do replacements always wanna 'wipe the slate clean'? It doesn't work that way. If you were scum as Snafoo you'll be scum now. It's your job as a replacement to prove you're not.

Your overreaction, vehemence, appeal to emotion, and OMGUS vote are definitely noted tho.

Vote stands.

I wanted to wait for clear, concise, logical arguments because I THOUGHT Snafoo was simply not participating. But Winter's flying off the handle because I asked him why he claimed early? Yeah, that was a bit nuts.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Super Archivist »

God, this game has had so many replacements. Is that normal? o_o

Anyway W!nt3r, why FOS me?

Also, I have to agree with Muerrto about snafoo wanting a replacement... It just seems really odd that he would do that without even giving an explanation... unless he was avoiding the heat, as you said.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Nothing more than that? How did you feel about Winter's replacement? How did you feel about his vote and reason? How did you feel about him blowing up at me for asking why he claimed? How did you feel about him claiming in his first post?

Let's get some more discussion here people.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by q21 »

Just to clear something up:

"nilla wafer" = Vanilla townie... right?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Yeah.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by q21 »

Thought so. And yes, his first post claim is strange.

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:19 pm

I partially agree with W!nt3r that we should hear more from him before immediately voting for him... But yeah, I don't like his reason for voting you. He's certainly the most suspicious on my list right now. (Also, I didn't notice his role claim the first time I read that... very strange.)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by massive »

It's funny, all that exchange did for me was cement in my head that Super Archivist is the last scum. Weird. :)
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Yeah, me too. That's why the questions. He stays on the sidelines, puts in little input, and seems to agreeable with whoever is looking for him to agree with.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Muerrto »

EBWOP: seems too*

But I didn't like Winter's overreaction either.

I already said I'd lynch either of them, or Litral. But less Litral.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 3:25 pm

But W!nt3r IS suspicious! What am I supposed to say? >_>
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Litral »

W!nt3r's at L-1, peeps.

You will excuse me for not hammering this time until we've sorted out this SA business.

W!nt3r, it is undeniably true that snafoo did not leave you in an excellent position. When there was so much counting against him, we couldn't just ignore it.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Huh? From what I can tell, he only has 2 votes, and needs 4 to be lynched... Correct me if I'm wrong. o_o
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by W!nt3r »

Muerrto wrote:EBWOP: seems too*

But I didn't like Winter's overreaction either.

I already said I'd lynch either of them, or Litral. But less Litral.
Its not an over-reaction, It's a statement of fact. You are making a game altering choice based on information that is no longer relevant. Namely Snafoo's posts.

With that said. I fos'ed SA for his lack of insight, sub par posting habits, continued rehashing of other player's opinions and posts, and general active lurking.

I voted Muerrto as an OMGUS because he would, going back to an argument in the page 8 to 10 range, He would rather kill off an inactive than see new information... i don't think he's scum. I think he's blind to any new input, which in and of itself is not helpful to the town.

Unvote

Downgraded to a
FoS: Muerrto

Vote Super

Also your last post... Makes me think you wanted to hammer me out... but then you rechecked the votes and realized that there was a missing third vote.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by W!nt3r »

Vote Super
to make it official.

(damn tagging)

Also... the game was great tonight! Pits won 5-2 with an amazing line drive catch by the pitcher in the third... and it was Free Hat night...!
Strategy, smategy.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:09 pm

I'd say snafoo's posts are still relevant, because they might give clues to his role. Which is now yours.

My lack of insight = noob. This IS a newbie game, you know...
And I might not post as crazy much as some people, but I do post more than, say, massive. And I usually post every day. Unless nothing is going on (like yesterday). So what do you mean "active lurking"? I post frequently enough (the guidelines say at least once every two days... I post more than that).
Regarding "rehashing other player's opinions"... that, I will admit to for the most part. I'm bad at reading people AND I'm a noob, so I don't really have any big new theories. When I see something I agree with, I say I agree with it. (... Yeah, I realize this probably sounds really bad... but it's the truth!) I want to improve my skills and get the hang of the game, which is why I'm in a newbie game. I'll try to do better! :cry:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”