Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 198, profii wrote:@ofrhz - yeah I might be guessing at why you made that town read, but it seemed like you would spot the reason I’m thinking based on that game we just finished
I think everyone who was in that game are townreading him for that reason, which actually makes me wary about how easy it would be for him to fake that as scum.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:18 am

Post by DVa »

In post 193, Performer wrote:why ap said that
good luck with figuring that out

AP is like
2+3=sex (it doesn't even make sense because 2+3 doesn't =6 --that's how bad his jokes are)

Really though, I don't know why he's acting like there isn't enough content in the thread to at least give a real first impression of someone, townlean or scumlean or whatever. On that same point, he focused a lot on his "popularity" like he was getting bumrushed when he was at L-7, which made his initial posts seem, not exactly like an overreaction, but not particularly townie either.

Levity is fine, but I'd like him to do more than meme and omgus.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:26 am

Post by profii »

In post 200, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 198, profii wrote:@ofrhz - yeah I might be guessing at why you made that town read, but it seemed like you would spot the reason I’m thinking based on that game we just finished
I think everyone who was in that game are townreading him for that reason, which actually makes me wary about how easy it would be for him to fake that as scum.
I mean creature who wasn’t in that game
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Sephiroth »

Oh I thought you were talking about RCE.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 197, Sephiroth wrote:Yes, thats generally the effect of bolding someones name as the first word in a post. Is there some reason you feel the need to quip about it rather than contribute something worthwhile to the discussion?
first off no

im making quips because of how laughably dumb that is

one thing is if you bolded it to make it apparent you were addressing him in particular

another is if you wanted to catch his attention so you made the text bigger

you literally bolded has name in the post under it and then you acted like this was going to be the flare in the darkness that would catch his attention

simply bolding a name makes almost no noticeable difference when your eyes are glazed over and you're scrolling down, its the same size and the thickness difference is literally pixels

go somewhere else with your self-righteous "instead of contributing to discussion" bs
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 175, AP wrote:
In post 172, RCEnigma wrote:Does an AP wagon truly need a reason?
You're gonna learn to read me right the hard way. :P (Unless -of course- if you've rolled scum again) :wink:
can we policy this?
last.fm
gtkas
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 204, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 197, Sephiroth wrote:Yes, thats generally the effect of bolding someones name as the first word in a post. Is there some reason you feel the need to quip about it rather than contribute something worthwhile to the discussion?
first off no

im making quips because of how laughably dumb that is

one thing is if you bolded it to make it apparent you were addressing him in particular

another is if you wanted to catch his attention so you made the text bigger

you literally bolded has name in the post under it and then you acted like this was going to be the flare in the darkness that would catch his attention

simply bolding a name makes almost no noticeable difference when your eyes are glazed over and you're scrolling down, its the same size and the thickness difference is literally pixels
So two things that are immediately apparent from your response here:
1. You are objectively wrong, and your decision to attack my intelligence over an inherently flawed point of view is amusing, but irrelevant for now.
2. You are clearly more focused on arguing with someone than you are on finding scum. I bet you were just elated to see that I questioned your post so you had someone to throw some abuse towards.
In post 204, Nosferatu wrote: go somewhere else with your self-righteous "instead of contributing to discussion" bs
Sorry but no thanks. We're 200+ posts into a game of mafia and you have yet to say anything of consequence other than to pick up a literally irrelevant detail in how I posted, just so you could get a much coveted chance to call another person dumb (again, ignoring for now how objectively wrong you are about the point in question.)

How bout you take a crack at finding scum instead of self-consciously throwing personal attacks at me?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 170, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 149, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Enigma, why are you townreading Nosferatu?
I think as scum it would be very nuanced to use the difficulty of confirming roles for town. As opposed to mafia whom could confirm in their pt pregame.
this is like wack/10

pedit: apparently calling an idea dumb is an "attack on your intelligence." wild how hard someone can buzzword their way through any conversation.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 206, Sephiroth wrote:Sorry but no thanks. We're 200+ posts into a game of mafia and you have yet to say anything of consequence other than to pick up a literally irrelevant detail in how I posted, just so you could get a much coveted chance to call another person dumb (again, ignoring for now how objectively wrong you are about the point in question.)
you have also done nothing and youre actually posting so how about nah lmfao
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 126, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 122, Carcalilly wrote:overwatch is an expensive tf2 ripoff
VOTE: vote: carca
Garmr wrote:
In post 122, Carcalilly wrote:overwatch is an expensive tf2 ripoff
League of legends is better than over watch.
VOTE: garmr

VOTE: dva

Flubb why are you voting Creature instead of dva now? I wanted to sheep the first vote.
In post 137, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 128, DVa wrote:Why am I scum Sephiroth?
I'm sheeping . Dunno if you're scum yet.
Garmr wrote:
In post 127, Sephiroth wrote:Heroes of the Storm is a far superior MOBA, don't @ me
Never played it. But I do like diablo 2's necromancer.
You should give it a shot sometime. Its pretty different but I think the XP/leveling system is more streamlined and less frustrating
Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 126, Sephiroth wrote:Flubb why are you voting Creature instead of dva now? I wanted to sheep the first vote.
I want creature locked into exactly what they are trying to convey with their records, and a wagon is a good motivation for that
Fair enough. I'm being kind of a hypocrite voting dva anyways since I'm talking about HotS above

VOTE: creature
In post 194, Sephiroth wrote:Hey creature do you mind going through at least one of the slots and explaining which posts fall in which category and why? I understand the idea of a like/dislike/null paradigm but I want to see what the thought process is. Its really just kind of a black box right now and I'd like it to not be entirely.

look at this quality content my guys

"why are you voting x"
"im sheeping x"
"can you explain x"

all amazing posts that are truly exposing scum

wow. im so ashamed that im not catching scum 200 posts into the game like this guy
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Nosferatu »

im not even cherry picking cause the other posts are just nothing at all and it would be unfair of me to rag on him for that
last.fm
gtkas
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 am

Post by xx2008 »

I'm new to large normals, so is it natural for it to get this many posts in such a short time?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Nosferatu »

{creature}
{flubber, garmr}
{dva, rce}
{profii, lily, max, seph}
{ct}
In post 192, DVa wrote:>Scum!Creature would use this reasoning to active post initially in a game, then would nightkill everyone who townread him based on this meta reason, and then go back to scum!lurking with the entire graveyard saying he's locktown based on meta.
so he's gonna nightkill the whole game? hot take.

VOTE: ct
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 211, xx2008 wrote:I'm new to large normals, so is it natural for it to get this many posts in such a short time?
it depends on the playerlist more than anything

side note: i think that creatures reads thing will prove to be unsustainable after this day phase
last.fm
gtkas
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 am

Post by xx2008 »

In post 192, DVa wrote:
In post 191, Performer wrote:"Isn't Creature supposed to be easily readable by post count/effort?"
Unless his scum meta changed considerably , then that's how I read creature too.
Theory:
>Scum!Creature would use this reasoning to active post initially in a game, then would nightkill everyone who townread him based on this meta reason, and then go back to scum!lurking with the entire graveyard saying he's locktown based on meta.

So, while I'm not saying I think Creature is particularly scummy this game, I don't think that him copy/pasting a list a few times is a good reason to townread him quite yet thanks.
I don't think this is true. More likely, a scum would keep whoever townreads them alive.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 209, Nosferatu wrote: wow. im so ashamed that im not catching scum 200 posts into the game like this guy
Me asking creature about his methodology is not nothing. me discussing my votes and explaining as I go when I change is not nothing. My ISO shows the beginning of trying to build reads.

Your ISO is actually literally nothing. Like I get what you're going for but its page 9 and despite your best efforts to protect your original point I am making clear attempts to gain reads and move the game forward. You so far? Complaining about the mod and then insulting my means of making sure my question gets answered. Your greatest contribution so far has been some odd sort of responsive OMGUS attack. But I feel like I've got what I wanted out of you so I'm glad that I poked you there.

I'm not arguing that my posts are amazing or the golden standard of scumhunting. What I'm arguing is that you saw 8 pages of content, saw my secondary post and though, yeah, thats what I'll post about. The problem I have isn't that you aren't doing a lot scumhunting, its that you're doing NONE, not showing hints of starting, and CHOOSING to insult me for something that isn't relevant to catching scum. Even now you're wasting energy attacking my early attempts at hunting why failing to analyze anything yourself.

Feel free to shit on how I scumhunt, but if you read any of my games you'll see I prescribe to the poke and prod method of hunting, and I'm just getting started. What exactly are you doing?
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:12 am

Post by xx2008 »

In post 213, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 211, xx2008 wrote:I'm new to large normals, so is it natural for it to get this many posts in such a short time?
it depends on the playerlist more than anything

side note: i think that creatures reads thing will prove to be unsustainable after this day phase
Regarding the side note, I guess this could be true. I don't think anyone would have enough time to post reads like this for every person, especially in a large game like this.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 37, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 22, RCEnigma wrote:Nosferatu, Sephiroth, Dva, FA_Q2 would be my guess. It would be 4 scum in a 19 player list right?
wish i fucking was given how i need a goddamn key phrase to confirm in a normal game with no special rules whatsoever
In post 41, Nosferatu wrote:VOTE: inferno
In post 54, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 42, Creature wrote:
In post 37, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 22, RCEnigma wrote:Nosferatu, Sephiroth, Dva, FA_Q2 would be my guess. It would be 4 scum in a 19 player list right?
wish i fucking was given how i need a goddamn key phrase to confirm in a normal game with no special rules whatsoever
Oh, atleast I'm not the only one who struggled to confirm
how many tries did it take you

i tried 3 times before i got it

read the rules like 5 before I saw that it was in between rules 17 and 18

because i read by number like what i assume a regular fucking person would do
In post 57, Nosferatu wrote:just stack associatives as far as you can
In post 196, Nosferatu wrote:oh yeah he's really gonna notice it now that you bolded it
This was your ISO when I made the point about youu not contributing. Do you REALLY want to compare what we had done up to that point in good faith and say they are equivalent? Gimme a break lol.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Sephiroth »

Like, you had not engaged with a single game related thing. Still haven't, in fact, unless you count suggesting a policy lynch (pretty sure it was a joke)
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Sephiroth »

Ok now you have since I wrote that post, so I take that back.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 215, Sephiroth wrote:I'm not arguing that my posts are amazing or the golden standard of scumhunting.
when you complain other people aren't scumhunting when you aren't either, that is self-righteous.

you weren't even poking and prodding. you asked literally 2 questions up til now. you've been actively posting literally nothing and then turn around and go "why did you feel the need to say this and not contribute to discussion."

pedit: they are equivalent. neither of us have done pretty much anything. I guess you could say you have too, now. It's secondary to what I was annoyed about

talk shit all you want about bolding post-hoc somehow catching his attention, but complaining about not being in a discussion is like so wack lol
last.fm
gtkas
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 am

Post by xx2008 »

@sephiroth, for some reason, I think your posts were attempting to tunnel. You also took back what you said immediately after. I don't think those are likely to come from someone who is town.
VOTE: sephiroth, at least for now.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Sephiroth »

My issue was more with you choosing specifically to focus on attacking something that you (as far as I can tell) didn't even find scummy instead of just going straight for something like . Now I've never played with you before and maybe randomly lashing out at other people's posts over some small detail is how you get off, but to me it shows a lack of interest in scumhunting. Its also amazing the reaction I got from just questioning that quip and your play so far, and to me very interesting that you come out with 212 right after that little argument. Almost like you remembered you're supposed to be scumhunting.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 221, xx2008 wrote:@sephiroth, for some reason, I think your posts were attempting to tunnel. You also took back what you said immediately after. I don't think those are likely to come from someone who is town.
I took it back because I read post 212 which I hadn't seen while writing 218. The second half of that post was no longer true given that 212 was obviously engaging with the game.

Can you explain what you mean by attempting to tunnel? Very interested in what you think that means and why you think its a scumtell.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 221, xx2008 wrote:@sephiroth, for some reason, I think your posts were attempting to tunnel. You also took back what you said immediately after. I don't think those are likely to come from someone who is town.
nah doubt

i dont think scum would offer up an iso like that as like "look im doing something" i feel like they would know that they were basically coasting and try to take away attention from it.

so im moving him up in my reads
last.fm
gtkas

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”