Newbie 595 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:11 am

Post by W!nt3r »

snafoo wrote:Peeps, sorry for my absence. I was about to post last week when I got a fever. Was sick last week and too low on energy to play. But I'm better now and will participate again.
I thought you said he never explained why he was gone.

Official Vote Count

W!nt3r - 3 (q21, Muerrto, W!nt3r)
Super Archivist - 1 (massive)
Litral - 1 (shaka!!)

Not Voting - 2 (Litral, Super Archivist)

4 to Lynch.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Super Archivist »

Oh, so he DID explain... But then he left again and didn't participate like he said he would. I dunno, still seems pretty suspicious to me...
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Muerrto »

Litral wrote:That is not an appropriate metaphor. You are forced to inherit snafoo's role. The next president is not forced to inherit any of Bush's traits at all.

No one ever said you have bad play because snafoo had bad play. We have, however, considered that you may be scum because snafoo was scum. The statements accusing you of having bad play and snafoo having bad play are not related.
QFT

Period.

Your entire argument Winter has been 'I'm not scum because I'm town. I'm town because I say I'm town.'

What the hell is that? Can you even TRY to play the game correctly? Ignoring the rest of your childish posts(the multiple languages, Hablo espanol btw, the internetese, etc.)
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:16 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Muerrto wrote: Can you even TRY to play the game correctly?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Muerrto »

Ok...that was a weird quote. Did you wanna elaborate?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Litral »

Let me translate.
W1nt3r wrote:NO U
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Muerrto »

Ugh we've got another Evilgorrillaz(Vel will get that) on our hands.

1. Unvote yourself

2. Give us an analysis of all the players.

3. Don't vote someone OMGUS with no reasons or explanations

4. Take the maturity level of your posting and kick it up a few notches

5. If you're scum don't just throw in the towel. If you're town, stop hurting the town's chances to win.

6. We will not wipe the slate clean because if you're scum then you're still scum. BUT you are correct that you can't be held accountable if Snafoo was just a bad player. So convince us you're a good one. You haven't so far.

7. If you're town you should understand that we have THREE chances to catch scum before the town loses. THREE. We're in an awesome postion. Being so reluctant to die and saying you wish you could so the town would lose makes you look even scummier. No one should be afraid of being lynched right now. Right now all you should care about is information, period.

8. I've NEVER tried to stop you from posting and I NEVER will. I'm possibly the most verbose player you'll ever see(besides BaB maybe) so I'll never stifle discussion. If you can quote where I told you to not post I'd apprecate it. Otherwise...POST! :lol:
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:37 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Muerrto wrote:Ok...that was a weird quote. Did you wanna elaborate?
Yes i was going to say playing the game correctly is saying there are finite strategies that will guarantee victory. This is a false statement, as there is no proven method that one way of playing is correct.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Muerrto »

W!nt3r wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Ok...that was a weird quote. Did you wanna elaborate?
Yes i was going to say playing the game correctly is saying there are finite strategies that will guarantee victory. This is a false statement, as there is no proven method that one way of playing is correct.
We can however be pretty sure that voting yourself won't make you win...
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:04 am

Post by W!nt3r »

And your point?

I really don't care about winning at this point, because if I was part of this town, I would like to see you all run amok like chickens with no heads. And in the end game, when I find out who the other scum was, THAT will be when I decide weather i've won or not.

:mrgreen:
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:05 am

Post by W!nt3r »

If i was part of this town In a real life situation" for clarification
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:09 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Before I get hammered:

My scumlist from least likely to most likely

Shaka!
Litral
massive
Q21
Muerrto
SA

Notes: Muerrto's slippery escape from the Lynch us for information discussion was fishy
SA for reasons i've named several times
Q for general ambiguity

If its anyone else I'll be astounded and put it in my signature that:

"I am a retard and should never be aloud to play mafia again"
Strategy, smategy.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Litral »

W!nt3r, it may be because I haven't slept and I'm cranky, but if you don't want the town to win, you are either scum appealing to emotion, or the most anti-town townie I've ever seen.

If you think you're "winning" by having guessed the scum right at the endgame, you should be having such fun by reading games, not adversely affecting another one. You have no arguments anyway.

I promise to immediately hammer you as soon as I see what I've wanted: massive's LoS and shaka's thought on other players.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Litral »

Put that in your signature regardless.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:16 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Litral wrote:W!nt3r, it may be because I haven't slept and I'm cranky, but if you don't want the town to win, you are either scum appealing to emotion, or the most anti-town townie I've ever seen.

If you think you're "winning" by having guessed the scum right at the endgame, you should be having such fun by reading games, not adversely affecting another one. You have no arguments anyway.

I promise to immediately hammer you as soon as I see what I've wanted: massive's LoS and shaka's thought on other players.
I'm not anti Town, I'm Anti Muerrto's idea of what is right and what is not. Also my death will, regardless weather I want it too or not, give the town plenty of insight.

also, thanks for vowing to hammer me. And the fact that SA is not doing it makes me giggle inside...
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:17 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Litral wrote:Put that in your signature regardless.
My, my... I suggest getting some sleep. You are cranky.
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:18 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Muerrto wrote:Ugh we've got another Evilgorrillaz(Vel will get that) on our hands.

1. Unvote yourself

2. Give us an analysis of all the players.

3. Don't vote someone OMGUS with no reasons or explanations

4. Take the maturity level of your posting and kick it up a few notches

5. If you're scum don't just throw in the towel. If you're town, stop hurting the town's chances to win.

6. We will not wipe the slate clean because if you're scum then you're still scum. BUT you are correct that you can't be held accountable if Snafoo was just a bad player. So convince us you're a good one. You haven't so far.

7. If you're town you should understand that we have THREE chances to catch scum before the town loses. THREE. We're in an awesome postion. Being so reluctant to die and saying you wish you could so the town would lose makes you look even scummier. No one should be afraid of being lynched right now. Right now all you should care about is information, period.

8. I've NEVER tried to stop you from posting and I NEVER will. I'm possibly the most verbose player you'll ever see(besides BaB maybe) so I'll never stifle discussion. If you can quote where I told you to not post I'd apprecate it. Otherwise...POST! :lol:
totally didn't see this post for some reason.

Unvote
so i don't get hammered while i try to answer this.
Strategy, smategy.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Litral »

You're so anti-town it hurts. Because you SAID SO.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Muerrto »

W!nt3r wrote:And your point?

I really don't care about winning at this point, because if I was part of this town, I would like to see you all run amok like chickens with no heads. And in the end game, when I find out who the other scum was, THAT will be when I decide weather i've won or not.
Mod: Can you read this post and replace him whether he wants it or not? Or can we simply black list him so he doesn't ruin any other games?

This is ridiculous. If you want to play, play. If you don't, don't. But don't ruin it for the rest of the people playing.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Muerrto »

Oh, and if he can't be replaced just because he's a prick(and I don't think he can). Just hammer him. We've got 2 other chances to catch scum and all he's doing is killing the game with his horrible attitude.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Litral »

He could be scum trying a fun strategy. If the mod replaces him because of this, it would almost confirm him as town, which screws things up. I don't think the mod should intervene in this.

I
will[/i] hammer him after I see shaka!! and massive answer me. I feel this is important.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Litral »

i no do tagz good/[color]
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 11:05 am

Post by W!nt3r »

1. Done

I'm not going to analyze every player here because I've made an analysis on SA and minor runs at you (muer)

Firstly Shaka: Very insightful... i think i should have just read Shaka's posts to figure out what is going on... They are concise and to the point.

Interesting quote from Shaka I found:
Second, it is not circular because I am not saying that Muerrto is less suspicious because he wanted to lynch himself. I said that you agreeing with him and voting him is more suspicion that him wanting lynch him self is suspicious.
Massive: Semi lurking but likely due to the fact that whatever he does say are damn good questions that needed answering. For one of the least talkative players, some very good information is gleamed from the questions he asks.

Litral: On a second read through... less of the saint i thought he was. Inconsistancies, misrepresentations (though I can see a fair number of them being linked to english being a secondary language as they are general wording issues such as mis-translation.) but still very fency on a lot of topics. When he does finally come to a point of decision it is generally repeated mishmash of other posts saying "Yes, i agree" But again having mentioned the language barrier this might be construed as general problems with formulating linguistic explanations.

Q21 has been very hard for me to read. through both reads i caught a lot of ambiguous comments that could have been noobish or scum-underbelly. THings such as:
I've mentioned 4 people: Walnut, Mike, snafoo and (on outside chance) Litral. If there's no scum among those 4 I'd be astounded.
This comment, coupled with a vote for walnut, looks like track covering. "Yes i think this person is scum and we should lynch him, but if he's not these are my other choices." Preemptive defending against the obvious mislynch that would be Walnut. also: Q in as his first comment on the game says
FoS: Mike as lurkerscum.
But his first vote is for Walnut, a player who, up until that point, and who did not appear on Q's first list of suspects and was very open and genuine about his Noob status almost to the point of ignorance.

Super archivist: I've stated it before... ACTIVE LURKER... reinforcing my belief was his eagerness to hammer me, then when he saw I was willing to die retracted into oblivion.

Muerrto: an IC with a gift for being able to pick 2 syllables out of the word cat... this guy can break any remotely unfouded argument into a trillion pieces. Sad thing is, he also breaks apart comments that are not meant to have any game relevance too. He has been quick to question everyone... he has posted the most out of everyone, and has been willing to sacrifice himself. He is either town... or has enacted a very, very well, near impossibly, executed mafia run. He's put his neck out farther than Sin in a spam thread.

thats everyone yes?

3. ... this was where i read your last 4 posts and said fuck you...
Strategy, smategy.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Muerrto »

Shrug I guess. It's M-day weekend so likely they're busy. I could really care less whether Winter is town or not right now since he's said he feels he wins by guessing the scum but doesn't care whether the town wins or loses. I'm tempted to report him to Flay or someone. What he's doing isn't a 'playstyle' it's simply horrible and killing any enjoyment the game has to offer.

Period.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 11:07 am

Post by W!nt3r »

well do you want me to continue or no?
Strategy, smategy.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”