Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

kuribo wrote: Um, no, I voted for you yesterday, too, long before you questioned me today.
You know, you actually voted for him yesterday directly in response to him questioning you. You said you had no suspects, he asked you a question, and suddenly you were voting for him with no reason given.

Don't want the day to end just yet, but at the moment I really wouldn't mind seeing it end with you and him blowing each other up.

We also really need to hear from Elmo and Flameaxe before we do anything today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Quagmire »

Yosarian2 wrote:
kuribo wrote: Um, no, I voted for you yesterday, too, long before you questioned me today.
You know, you actually voted for him yesterday directly in response to him questioning you. You said you had no suspects, he asked you a question, and suddenly you were voting for him with no reason given.

Don't want the day to end just yet, but at the moment I really wouldn't mind seeing it end with you and him blowing each other up.

No. I want Surye and Yosarian2 to explode right now.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Surye »

Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

Way to be protown. :roll: Why does Elmo and Flameaxe playing the game scare you so much?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Quagmire »

Surye wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

Way to be protown. :roll: Why does Elmo and Flameaxe playing the game scare you so much?
This has nothing to do with them and everything to do with you.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Surye »

Quagmire wrote:
Surye wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

That's fine, but why do you want to end the day before everyone even makes a play? You're more then welcome to vote for me, even better if you do so with explaination, but stop calling for a premature end of the day.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Quagmire »

Surye wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Surye wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

That's fine, but why do you want to end the day before everyone even makes a play? You're more then welcome to vote for me, even better if you do so with explaination, but stop calling for a premature end of the day.
Just because two people are going to lurk their way through the day doesn't mean that ending the day is "prematurely ending the day."

Also, there has been plenty of explanation. I've clearly explained my vote on yos2.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Surye »

No, but a call for ending it without votes is, which is what I was saying, and what you are avoiding. And you've explained your yos hate, yes.

Way to purposfully miss 2 of my 2 points.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Quagmire »

Surye wrote:No, but a call for ending it without votes is, which is what I was saying, and what you are avoiding. And you've explained your yos hate, yes.

Right. Well, let's put it this way: I was expressing my sentiment that you two should blow each other up. If the deadline comes I will be exploding one of you two.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Quagmire wrote: Right. Well, let's put it this way: I was expressing my sentiment that you two should blow each other up. If the deadline comes I will be exploding one of you two.
Well, you're the enforcer, if the deadline were to comes and it was the only way to avoid a no-lynch it'd be your job to blow someone up. I don't know why you're in such a bleeding hurry, though, and I don't know why you're making pronouncements like this now which just makes it harder for us to pressure other people into talking.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Elmo »

Mmm. I appear to be mostly on my lonesome in that I do
not
think that Surye's scum. My Sarc vote was precisely what I said it was, the least bad whilst likely-to-do-anything deadline vote. I'll post some stuff tomorrow, hopefully.

Hey, Yos - in 368, you said that you had a feeling that one of skitzer and Surye was bluffing about blowing the other up. What gave you that feeling? Why do you have the feeling that
one
of them out of the two would be bluffing, instead of anything to do with an individual?

Elvis: In 406, you said you had the feeling Surye was panicking.. anything in particular to prompt that feeling?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

Surye
Quagmire
Yosarian2

Names in
orange
may make a Dynamite attack.

Deadline: 9am BST Friday 16th May.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by kuribo »

Quagmire wrote:
Surye wrote:No, but a call for ending it without votes is, which is what I was saying, and what you are avoiding. And you've explained your yos hate, yes.

Right. Well, let's put it this way: I was expressing my sentiment that you two should blow each other up. If the deadline comes I will be exploding one of you two.
Don't blow either of us up, I'll blow him up the second you guys are ready.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Elmo wrote: Elvis: In 406, you said you had the feeling Surye was panicking.. anything in particular to prompt that feeling?
Mostly that he was more involved in the game only when it looked like he would have to die. He was posting a lot and sort of flailing around. He seemed to be throwing suspicion on anyone and everyone, as I recall.

And for somebody who was posting so much the days before the deadline, I find it fishy that he never actually exploded.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote:

Don't you dare suggest situations in which you do not blow up. You saved your ass (or thought you saved your ass) by promising to blow up, and that's what you're going to do. Allowing you to bow out contradicts the entirety of the system.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote:Don't you dare suggest situations in which you do not blow up. You saved your ass (or thought you saved your ass) by promising to blow up, and that's what you're going to do. Allowing you to bow out contradicts the entirety of the system.
Bull. Shit.

I never 'promised to blow up".

I always made absolutly clear that any situation where two people I think are scummy both die > a situation where I die. Which should go completly without saying I did say I would rather blow someone up myself then have Quag blow me up, but I'll "suggest" whatever the hell I want to suggest.

Is there some specific reason you want me to blow up, NN, or are you just being oppurtinistic here?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:46 am

Post by kuribo »

Boy, that really came out of nowhere.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:29 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Don't you dare suggest situations in which you do not blow up. You saved your ass (or thought you saved your ass) by promising to blow up, and that's what you're going to do. Allowing you to bow out contradicts the entirety of the system.
Bull. Shit.

I never 'promised to blow up".

I always made absolutly clear that any situation where two people I think are scummy both die > a situation where I die. Which should go completly without saying I did say I would rather blow someone up myself then have Quag blow me up, but I'll "suggest" whatever the hell I want to suggest.

Is there some specific reason you want me to blow up, NN, or are you just being oppurtinistic here?
You struck a light, what the hell do you think that means? Quag was threatening to explode you, and he wasn't entirely unjustified; A large portion of this town wants you dead. You chose not to argue your innocence but to belet your explosion.

If two others explode today, it means we let you wiggle out of doing it yourself. It means you placed your survival over the good of the town. It means you win in LyLo with all your other buddies. I'm not particuarly convinced that you're scum, but I refuse to allow you an out like Surye got an out yesterday.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:12 am

Post by kuribo »

What this town needs is a psychotic man of action to risk irreversible harm but potentially help us win the game.

Sounds like me!

STRIKE A LIGHT

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote: You struck a light, what the hell do you think that means?
It didn't "mean" anything, except that I was willing to blow myself up if necsessary and needed to have that as an option. I never "promised" to blow myself up, any more then all the other people who have struck a light during the course of the game but are still alive "promised" anything.
Quag was threatening to explode you, and he wasn't entirely unjustified; A large portion of this town wants you dead. You chose not to argue your innocence but to belet your explosion.
I'd love to argue my innocence, but no one is willing to make a case against me; Quag was the only one who made any kind of case at all, and his case seemed to mostly involve a complety misunderstanding of my motives.

Agian, stop taking in pointless generalities. If YOU think I'm scum, then YOU need to make a case to that effect, YOU need to explain why you think that. I don't like the way that, while you've been saying all game that you think I'm pro-town, you suddenly decide to take advantage of other people's suspicious and just declare that I "have" to blow myself up today, without giving a single reason why you think I should. Like I said, that makes you look like an oppertunistic scum here.
If two others explode today, it means we let you wiggle out of doing it yourself.
And if I explode today, that means you let two others "wiggle out of" dying today. Again, if you think I should die today, you need to make a case explaining why, unless you're planning on doing it yourself, which I HIGHLY doubt right now.
It means you placed your survival over the good of the town.
My surivial is good for the town, because I am pro-town. Why, exactally, is me surviving here bad for the town?

It means you win in LyLo with all your other buddies.
Um....you going to make a case for me being scum, or are you going to just keep saying it over and over again?
I'm not particuarly convinced that you're scum, but I refuse to allow you an out like Surye got an out yesterday.
That makes no sense at all, by any streach of the imagination. You're trying to get me to die, you're trying to somehow claim that me surviving is somehow bad for the town, and yet you're unwilling to even say that you think I'm scum?

vote:NabakovNabakov
, who I'm starting to think is scum who's trying to use the crap logic "if Yos lives today, then he's scum" to manipulate me and other townies.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 11:06 am

Post by kuribo »

Yosarian2 wrote:
vote:NabakovNabakov
, who I'm starting to think is scum who's trying to use the crap logic "if Yos lives today, then he's scum" to manipulate me and other townies.
That's exactly what I meant by "That came out of nowhere."

Hell, on this same page, he voted Marmalade for wanting to be reasonable.

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

kuribo wrote:What this town needs is a psychotic man of action to risk irreversible harm but potentially help us win the game.

Sounds like me!

STRIKE A LIGHT
So I take it you plan on dynamiting me?

I'll call your bluff.

If you really had the intention to blow me up, you wouldn't have made that bullshit throwaway about Marmalade. Any reasonable person reading the post in which I voted would know I was opposed to his encouraging others to explode, not being reasonable (if I thought he was truly encouraging reason, I wouldn't have called it lip-service)

The validity of your accuation is, however, irrelevant. If you actually wanted to go kamikaze, you would have no need to sway public opinion. You're hoping that some townie might end up doing the dirty work for you, or at least to take the pressure off of Yos.

See you in 18 hours.

@Yos: So you're accusing me of using the same logic that built the Surye wagon earlier today? Surye did not fufill his obligation and is therefore scum. The forces (Quag, CES) that forced your obligation might have been less democratic, but you embraced it no less enthusiastically.
Yos wrote: So, now I'm the one in the drivers seat, I'm the one who's going to decide who gets lynched today. We're playing kingmaker, and I just appointed myself king. So you SOB's had better start answering my questions, if you want to live to see tommorow.
You got to be King under the condition that your reign would end at the end of today. Why else would you, a player under wide if poorly-expressed suspicion, get to be in the driver's seat? I saw the conversion from "I choose who I explode" to "I choose who explodes" (one I had suspected was coming all along) and I pounced.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote: @Yos: So you're accusing me of using the same logic that built the Surye wagon earlier today? Surye did not fufill his obligation and is therefore scum.
Surye promised to blow himself up yesterday, and he did not. I don't know if he would have done so if Claus hadn't done so first, but personally I have my doubts, so that is a logical argument against him.

I never said anything of the sort.
The forces (Quag, CES) that forced your obligation might have been less democratic, but you embraced it no less enthusiastically.
What "obligation"? Where are you getting this wierd idea that I'm supposed to have some kind of obligation here?
You got to be King under the condition that your reign would end at the end of today. Why else would you, a player under wide if poorly-expressed suspicion, get to be in the driver's seat? I saw the conversion from "I choose who I explode" to "I choose who explodes" (one I had suspected was coming all along) and I pounced.
Um, you just quoted the post where i struck a light, and yet, you leave outthe part that totally contradicts what you're trying to say I "promised" to do...
Yos wrote:I'd still prefer to see Suyve blow someone up instead, of course, but me blowing someone up is obv better for the town to quag blowing me up.
I made very clear, right from the beginning, that while I was willing to blow myself up if necessary, that it wasn't something I wanted to do, and that it would be better if I didn't have to.

As for the "king" thing; if I am going to have to blow someone up today, that basically makes me king, in the sense that the king in a kingmaker game is the guy who picks who dies that day. It's not like I made some kind of "deal" that makes me king; if I do have to use the dynamite today, then I AM king, and I wanted to make that clear and use that to get people to respond to my questions, so I could figure out who was scum.

If I don't have to use the dynimate today, then that's fine, although I still might if become pretty certain I've figured out who a scum is and I can't get the town to listen to me. If I do have to use the dynimate today, then I'll certanly use that to my (and the town's) best advatnage. There's no contradiction here, and there was certanly never any implied "promise".
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

@Kuribo,
Why did you just strike a light? Is it to hit NabNab because if Surye is still your intended target that wasn't necessary. We should be voteing and not recklessly striking a light out of no where.

Also could you answer this:
PokerFace wrote:The questions Surye just asked I think are rather valid. Kuribo first voted Surye Late into Day 3. What were your full reasons for getting on his case then Kuribo?
There was a case on Surye Day4, and I would like to know what were the reasons that prompted you to joining his wagon. Refresh my memory and include any reasons of your own in more detail if you would.

I finally found the time to take a second look at some of the comments between Yosarian2 and Claus. Claus had some valid points in his case on Yosarian2. And I believe that possibly both of them took things a little to far about the lurker disagreement making the other scum. Claus had more on Yosarian than just the disagreement while Yosarian2 mainly had the interaction about the disagreement as a case on claus.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32#1023632
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 08#1027408
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 72#1030572
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 89#1036689
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 91#1037291
I thought Claus explained his case but aparently not well enough for yosarian2.
[joke]Last i checked disagreeing with Yosarian2 is not a scumtell or else Mr. Stoofer would always be town.[/joke]

@Yosarian,
I have noticed stretches of time in which marmalade has had little posting. He did not post over a course of 8 days between Apr 18th and the 26th and then 10 more days between Apr 28th and May 8th. He has not really contributed much in this game and he did not vote yesterday and should have provided more content as deadline loomed. I have mentioned him to be somewhat lurking. Do you believe he is lurking? I think NabNab more so voted him for what he believes is a contradiction.

@Elmo,
you think you could comment on some more recent posts? Your votes with little reason still bother me aswell. You need to give more reason when you do vote. I still have no clue why you jumped on marmalade and Erg0 earlier.

@Flameaxe,
your last post was on May 2nd. Think you could vote or say something up to date?

Last I checked the deadline is the 16th we need some kind of consensus here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote Count info of Day 5:

Lit Enforcer: Quagmire
-No one voted for him to light

Lit Vote Getter: Surye
-4(PokerFace, Elvis, Ergo, Kuribo) He should have waited for 7

Lit Vote Getter: Yosarian
-1(CEScum) He should have waited for 7

Lit Vote Getter: Kuribo
-1(Surye) He should have waited for 7

Marmalade - 1(NabNab)
NabNab - 1(Yosarian2)

Not Voting - (Flameaxe, Marmalade, Skitzer, Quagmire, Elmo)

13 people alive SO IT SHOULD BE 7 VOTES NEEDED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something more, an open question directed at anyone that feels like answering it. Since certain people are already lit, do you believe we should still count votes toward them? I'll tell you my view on this later.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Nothing has changed. Yos/Surye. Go boom. Happy happy.

Wee?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Elmo »

I've been slacking, yup. Kuribo's move strikes me as genuine, so he's town. NabNab seems to be acting similarly to the last game we were in.. I thought he was scum, and he was town, so I'm going for 'weird town', here. (You think Yos is going to win in LyLo with his scumbuddies, but aren't particularly convinced he's scum?) Did I say PokerFace was town? Well, he is, too. And probably Elvis. Um.

I think some subset of Skitzer, CES, Erg0, and Flameaxe should be dying, actually. I can't shake the feeling there's something up with Yos this game (and he did turn out to be scum in another game that just finished where I had a kinda similar feeling) but there's nothing actually solid out there, and I'm not comfortable with the way he's been wagoned, so I think I'd prefer someone else to die today, at least. I have no idea where he's supposed to have conveyed the impression of a promise to blow himself up; a whole bunch of people have been alight without killing anyone, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

PF: Personally, I don't think alight people should be treated any differently in terms of being voted for. I believe I explained my Marmalade vote earlier; I'm not entirely sure what I didn't like about Erg0. When I played with him, he was very lurky, but he seemed to post a case based on his own opinion of what was going on, then sit and wait for people to respond to that. Here, he seems more inclined to passively agree on a popular wagon without appearing to think much about anyone else. I don't particularly understand why not giving reasons for my votes makes me more likely to be scum, though - it seems fairly widespread, actually.
Yosarian2, to NabNab wrote:I don't like the way that, while you've been saying all game that you think I'm pro-town, you suddenly decide to take advantage of other people's suspicious and just declare that I "have" to blow myself up today, without giving a single reason why you think I should. Like I said, that makes you look like an oppertunistic scum here.
That doesn't seem accurate to me. I can't find anywhere that he's said he thought you were pro-town, and he's been somewhat suspicious of you since his first post. Why do you think he's flip-flopping to that extent? Also, you seem to have attacked (and voted) CES and now NabNab predominantly based on their attacks on you. Do you think your actions could reasonably be interpreted as OMGUS? (n.b. attacking people purely because they attack you).

PokerFace and/or someone else: I tend to pick out and comment on what I find interesting; if you think there's stuff I'm not commenting on, it's probably simplest if you just ask me a direct question about it.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”