Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

So, a lynch is decided, then, Christine Millar said.

It was already getting late, so the villagers had closed the curtains.

OG Smokedank
was the lynchee. The villagers circled around him, slowly getting closer.

"I should've just left for safety," OG said. "I can't believe you'd lynch someone innocent. It's the werewolves you should be going after!"

Some of the townies, apparently confused by OG's innocence, stopped closing in OG, but the majority kept moving towards him.

"I suppose I should just rest my faith", OG Smokedank said, and he closed his eyes, raising his hands up in the air.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:22 am

He suddenly felt a stich in the side. Then another one, and another one, and another one.

He fell down on the cold flags, spasmodically rolling over the ground.

After ten seconds it stopped. No longer did he move.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:34 am

Just as he did that, his knees gave. He then suddenly jumped backwards, making a half turn and landing on his hands. He set off for another leap, and flew right through the hole in the circle, where the confused villagers used to close it. He turned around, and made a run for the curtains.

One of the villagers threw a knife at him. It landed in the back of his head, just as he opened the curtain.

The moon outside was shining furiously, and the whole hall was bright red in its light.

OG, a
Werewolf
, turned around from the windows, and stared at the villagers. Blood was running all over his body.

He then pulled the dagger out of his head. He licked the blood off its blade, and then made a run for Christine Millar's painting.

Several villagers tried to stop him, all being either outrun or easily bypassed by the wolf, who left a big trail of dark blood behind.

OG reached the painting, and stretched his leg. His claws just hit the painting when he suddenly fell down. A small piece of the painting was ripped off, but it was still intact for the biggest part. A pool of blood quickly formed around OG Smokedank, who died by the wound in the back of his head.

It's now night 1. Have your choices in by friday.
Last edited by Cogito Ergo Scum on Tue May 13, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:52 am

Xofelf will be replacing Travis. Greasy Spot is no longer in need of replacement.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:21 am

"I couldn't sleep. That might've been because it was bloody hot outside, it might've been because there were werewolves outside, and they might've attacked me. Who knew?

But then again, they might just attack someone else, too. By being in bed here, a coward as I am, I'm just leaving all other villagers to their fate.

You see, from the moment I was a child, I always thought other people were more important than me. When I was young it was because other were bigger, later because they were mightier, and even now that I've reached my age, I still feel.. unimportant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, and I have no regrets of anything I've done in my life, it's just..

.. wait, there is something I regret. It's a story that goes a long time back. Listen carefully..."
Last edited by Cogito Ergo Scum on Tue May 13, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 am

"A long time ago, I felt this same pain.

A very long time ago, actually. 300 years, to be exact.

The pains had now stopped, but I realised what was going on. I realised it was my time to make good what I did wrong.

I betrayed my father. Killed him. I stabbed him in the back, this could be interpreted in multiple ways.

That was the moment I felt that same pain. There is nothing that hurts you more, no disease, no broken hearts, nothing, no. I've been through it all, and I survived both the diseases and the broken hearts, but this pain.. This pain killed me, as it's killing me now.

I am a werewolf. So was my father, lord Gagarine. I fell in love, which is the root of all disasters. My father thought I'd betrayed our bloodline. I was young and foolish, looking for love and excitement. I now know that such things do not exist. There's only pride, pride and justice. My pride is lost, and what I did was unjustified. What does that make me?

A werewolf. One that lost his pack.

I know what this pain means. This pain means that another member of my bloodline is lost. It feels like the blood in your body stops running. You feel lifeless. I've been feeling this way for a long time.."
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:36 am

The ground was cold. He growled, then got back up again. Slowly, he pulled himself up on the side of the chair.

He walked to the window, and openened the curtains. Far away, as he could just see though the trees, the moon shone brightly red.

He coughed, growled. He then walked away from the window. He reached his unusually hairy arm to grab his mantle, put it on and walked though the hole in the cottage's wall where a door used to be long ago.

"Pride and justice," he mumbled.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:44 am

"... It was 100 years ago. Yes, I'm that old, although at that time I was a little girl.

I don't remember that much of her. My parents always said we looked a lot alike, Mary and me. She was a few years older, and definitely the more loudmouthed and brave of us two. I was just.. her little sister, I guess.

All that she was, I was not. I was quiet, I was a coward. I couldn't sleep in my room alone, which was why Mary and me shared one. And even then, I never dared getting out of bed when it was dark.

I remember that night the best of all nights in my life, even if it's 100 years ago. Our father told us a story of werewolves. Of the elder lord Gagarine, who was a werewolf too. I was too scared to sleep that night.
Mary couldn't sleep either, but it was because she wanted to know if there really were werewolves out there.

That night, I saw her climbing out of the window. I saw it. I saw her getting out, but I was too afraid to stop her. I pretended to be asleep, but I saw her. I wanted to go with her, help her, protect her, but I couldn't. I was afraid.

I never saw her again. She's never been found, and she's presumably dead. If only I could've overcome my fears, I could've saved her life..

That's the only thing I regret in my life."
Last edited by Cogito Ergo Scum on Tue May 20, 2008 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:51 am

She suddenly came to a shocking realisation.

She was cowardly lying in bed.

.. just like hundred years ago.

Tears were in here eyes. The loss of her sister was still the most important thing that happened in her life, and she'd mourned for a hundred years.

"I can't let this happen again," she thought.

The old woman slowly, mind the age, got out of bed. She rested for a few seconds, sighed, and stood up. She put her shoes on, removed the locks from the door, carefully closed it again behind her, and walked outside.

It was a warm summer night. The red moonshine from above made the night look even hotter. She walked to the nearest house, and hid around the corner.

Then, suddenly, she heard a sound coming from behind her..
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:55 am

"Wh-"

A quick move, and her head was taken off her rump.

The old woman's body fell down on the sand. She was dead.

The head lived for a few more seconds, and it smiled.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:01 am

The villagers reassembled in the hall. The two paintings, or the 1¾ paintings, were still there too. Not very surprising, considering they're just paintings.

One of the villagers walked up to lady Miller.

"I'm sorry to inform you that
caf19, Martyr
died last night. Killed by a werewolf, as you might've guessed."

Christine narrowed her eyes.

"Hunt them down!" she said, with more conviction than ever.

She wrote in the right upper corner of the painting:

Votecount
With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

It's now day 2!
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Macavenger »

I'm not going to bother arguing with populartajo about my scumhunting anymore; Malthusis/OG's alignment should clear up any remaining questions about that.

Vote: DBE

Mostly per the case laid out yesterday. DBE didn't do any noticeable scumhunting, defended Mal (and several others, but that could just be cover), was very noncommittal about Mal, vote hopped, and tended to shift her opinions and defenses depending on town opinion a lot.

More analysis coming later, I just replaced into a 24 page game and need to start reading.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Amor »

Looking back on Malth's posts, all 9 of them, he spends most of the time defending himself. However, he does at one point defend Darla from a connection with Rosso Carne (now goborage). He also gives me a "Minor FoS" for disagreeing with me, though that probably doesn't mean anything. This together with Darla's constant defending, mostly of the scum Malthusius, is enough to make me once again
Vote: DarlaBlueEyes
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hi everyone! I am replacing Travis. I read through the game once quickly but before I do anything, I'm going to read it again. Bear with me here, I've never replaced into a game before....I've always started from the beginning.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

well obviously these votes for me are expected.

I feel like an idiot for defending malth. I can admit that I was wrong.

Mac , nice job with your reaction hunting thingy-ma-bobber. I doubted it and you have proved it to be true.

That said, Theres not much I can do to defend my actions yesterday but I can try to locate the scum today.

So what exactly did we lose with caf? I mean I haven't ever heard of a martyr ?

I need to read back and see if I can pick up on anything now, I will post my assessments on everyone too.

I am still not the best at noticing stuff as far as scum tells go (obviously)

As for the malth thing, I defended him at first cos I didn't think a reaction was enough to go on.. the lurking was very worrisome, but I was hoping he'd post..then he was replaced and she lurked too...which told me that they had something to hide or no way to fix it.

Thats why I voted the way I did...Innocent until Proven guilty, unfortunately for me the whole defending to disprove theories didn't work out so well since I was wrong. :/
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by populartajo »

Macavenger wrote:I'm not going to bother arguing with populartajo about my scumhunting anymore; Malthusis/OG's alignment should clear up any remaining questions about that.
Lucky Malthius was scum, Mac. I would have defintely pushed your lynch today if Malthius had come up town. I guess I was somehow traumatized with my first game and that helped to heat the argument. However, that doesnt mean you're going to be that lucky everytime. Just to finish this argument, do you sincerely think Malthius was lynched for your famous reaction?
And Im sure anyone can make a good case against Darla, now that we know Malthius allignment. I feel she's a good lynch. Just read her posts knowing that Mal is a werewolf and you'll notice that.
Just in her case and rereading, Im going to acept I was pretty dumb defending her.
Vote : DBE
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by populartajo »

Whats a martyr, BTW?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by Macavenger »

populartajo wrote:Lucky Malthius was scum, Mac. I would have defintely pushed your lynch today if Malthius had come up town.
Wouldn't have blamed you for pushing in that case, though I certainly would have fought back. :P
populartajo wrote:I guess I was somehow traumatized with my first game and that helped to heat the argument. However, that doesnt mean you're going to be that lucky everytime. Just to finish this argument, do you sincerely think Malthius was lynched for your famous reaction?
Certainly not entirely, no. It was useful in focusing attention on him to drag out the other scumtells. I lynched him for a combination of all of them.

I also maintain it wasn't luck. Now that you know he's scum, maybe you can accept that I really was doing what I said, testing a reaction that I already thought was a bit suspect in an unorthodox way? I may not use this again for quite some time; it all depends on what I see early.
populartajo wrote:Whats a martyr, BTW?
Most likely a Doc-type role, that can protect someone, but rather than stopping the kill entirely, dies in their place if the person they're protecting is targeted. The more common name for it would be bodyguard. If I'm correct in thinking that, this makes trying to get any information out of the night kill even more useless than normal, because caf19 may not have been the intended target.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

assuming the other scum
didn't
vote from smoke that leaves:

Amor, popilartajo, greasyspot, xoelf (travis)

I think we should be examining them first. Maybe I am just that new but why would I as scum kill my own partner? :/

If i make it to a L-1 I will claim unless someone hammers me before I can.

and thank you for the martyr explanation Mac.
Show
you done goofed.

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I have to go.. storms again but I'll post my completed eval on all the players soon/
Show
you done goofed.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote: (A) assuming the other scum
didn't
vote from smoke that leaves:

Amor, popilartajo, greasyspot, xoelf (travis)

I think we should be examining them first.

(B)Maybe I am just that new but why would I as scum kill my own partner? :/
(A) Flawed assumption, never trust that scum will not vote for a scumbuddy.

(B) Because that way, when they turn up scum, you say "hey, see, I rooted out a scum! How could I be scum myself?" and you have a defense to why you shouldn't be lynched. However, this is flawed, as it can easily backfire against you because this is a common tactic. (See "Bussing")

I intend to review everyone again soonish, we'll see.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 12:20 am

Post by xofelf »

ok, i've been reading through things and i think:
Shepherd_of_Wolves: is a little too eager to attack and lynch people. And posts
really
long posts that you have to read carefully to get.
DarlaBlueEyes: is alot like i was my first game(on another forum), trying to defend everyone, but not realizing that it looks scummy.
Riceballtail: has some good points, when they actually post.
Macavenger: Reading through his posts(which takes a while) I'm not really sure which side he's for. I think i'll read through them again.

That's it for now.....i'll post more on the others later. I have to leave for school in a couple of minutes :(
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I had asked the mod to replace me as RL is very hectic right now and I am strung out to far. He could not find a replacement so I told him I would try and do better at posting. I apologize for my lack of play on Day 1 but it looks like you all did fine without me. Good job on the scum kill.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

It is good to see that Malthusis turned up scum. That gives us a good advantage. I will have to read and post later. I have to go to work right now. I am glad to see that xofelf posts more than Travis. I agree with the Darla wagon
FoS: Darla
. However, I am not ready to make it wagon of 4 or more until I reread. Xofelf is suspect to me because of Travis' playing style, or lack thereof. So, I will be watching you today.
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Macavenger »

xofelf wrote:ok, i've been reading through things and i think:
Shepherd_of_Wolves: is a little too eager to attack and lynch people. And posts
really
long posts that you have to read carefully to get.
DarlaBlueEyes: is alot like i was my first game(on another forum), trying to defend everyone, but not realizing that it looks scummy.
Riceballtail: has some good points, when they actually post.
Macavenger: Reading through his posts(which takes a while) I'm not really sure which side he's for. I think i'll read through them again.

That's it for now.....i'll post more on the others later. I have to leave for school in a couple of minutes :(
SoW: What gives you the impression that he's eager to lynch people? Why is attacking people he finds suspicious bad? Is posting really long posts bad?

DBE: What do you think of DBE's other scummy actions? The defensiveness could be just a newb tell, sure, but a lot of the other scum tells are more likely to be accurate if she doesn't know they're tells.

Me: What in my posts makes you think I could be scum? Also, if you don't like reading long posts, I recommend avoiding games with me in them. :P

Full analysis of the wagon, observations, and more explicit case on DBE should be coming later today sometime.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”