Mini 533: Something wicked this way comes! Game over!

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

BM wrote: Erm, to be frank- Yes. You know as well as anyone that there is 'bussing' and there is 'BUSSING'. Theres a pretty big difference between putting a small amount of pressure on someone in order to distance from them, and hope that it pays off later, and actually forcing a lynch on somebody.
Of course its something as scum I conceivably could have been doing, but I still don't see how ting's play qualifies as more pro-town. He refused to commit to a single wagon yesterday, and did not vote for shaka or anyone else at deadline (why didn't he vote for someone else? Because "shaka was clearly going to get lynched.") I'll concede I was wrong about you, I find it improbable your tunnel vision to be bussing, but I definitely think ting is the better choice. I'm prepared to vote him, actually.

If you have a claim, ting, the time is now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 1:55 am

Post by geraintm »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
a claim? really, that is what is going to take you to not vote him
so far we have lost doc, cop, miller, SK and one mafia. what other roles are you expecting? please tell me what purpose our post here to ting provides, as his only claim is vanilla townie. when he claims that, what are you going to do?

i think this is a poor post by you, making it look like you don't want to vote ting but having him "force2 you to it
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

geraintm wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
a claim? really, that is what is going to take you to not vote him
so far we have lost doc, cop, miller, SK and one mafia. what other roles are you expecting? please tell me what purpose our post here to ting provides, as his only claim is vanilla townie. when he claims that, what are you going to do?

i think this is a poor post by you, making it look like you don't want to vote ting but having him "force2 you to it
Not necessarily. I can think of at least 1 more role i can potentially see being in this game. I'm not entirely sure why you consider this an impossibility?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am

Geraintm: I don't want to vote him without him being able to claim. I consider the fact that we've had multiple power roles already lost important to evaluating his claim, but I want to at least give him a chance. Your read is backwards. I very much want to vote for him, but I'm going to give him the chance to claim before I put him at L-1, in a situation in which I am not discounting that we may be at lylo.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Geraintm: I don't want to vote him without him being able to claim. I consider the fact that we've had multiple power roles already lost important to evaluating his claim, but I want to at least give him a chance. Your read is backwards. I very much want to vote for him, but I'm going to give him the chance to claim before I put him at L-1, in a situation in which I am not discounting that we may be at lylo.
*sigh*
Not this again. If we are in LyLo today, that means we were in LyLo yesterday, which means that scum could have won the game yesterday UNLESS Geraintm is also scum.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 am

Shrug. I see no harm in being cautious. Consider me having pseudovoted ting, meaning he is at L-1.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

Battle Mage wrote:
Not necessarily. I can think of at least 1 more role i can potentially see being in this game. I'm not entirely sure why you consider this an impossibility?

BM
sorry. put it down to inexperience in this type of game. i thought we had pretty much them all.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:51 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

The last paper I will ever write as an undergraduate took the place of what should have been my eight hours of sleep last night, so I'm gonna try to find room today for as many of those hours as I can make up, expect a real post from me after I accomplish that.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:59 am

Post by geraintm »

i don't think any post taken after an all nighter will count as a real post, rather the babblings of a nutter...
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:02 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

babble babble

Thats why I'm gonna sleep before I do.

nutter idea: Would a massclaim help here? I find myself agreeing with BM that there's a good possibility of one more non vanilla role in the setup, and at this point a confirmed townie > whatever power role ability it is in almost all cases.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 am

Post by geraintm »

massclaim - well, everyone knows what i am, don't they?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:01 am

Post by ting =) »

Okay, I didn't include my posts that these are replies to because otherwise this would be too long.
ogml wrote:I've bolded the most important part of this quote but I think the whole thing is pretty scummy. We know that zeek and soup were both town, and his case on soup seems to have boiled down to a "bad vibe" which is scum language for "any old reason to go after a townie." The case on petunho looks like more gut BS with some OMGUS reactionism thrown in. Add to that the language about lowell that screams SCUMPARTNER! and I think I might be onto something.
First off, a lot of people had suspicions of zeek and soup, not just quickben. Even you were suspicious of soup. Quickben's case on soup doesn't boil down to just a bad vibe either. He's cited his reasons, I interpreted his statement as meaning soup's posts strike him as scummy. The thing with lowell just means that QB had no read on him. He's not the only one either. Half the players alive never outright called him either town or scum iirc. You're just so convinced I'm scum that you're interpreting every little thing in the scummiest light. You could take a post from anyone and find quotes that be interpreted in a scummy light.
ogml wrote:Again I've highlighted an important piece. This is an excerpt from Ting's first big post upon replacing, after he finished a grueling reread. He keeps up QuickBen's lovely pairing of Zeek and Soupfly, takes some potshots at skruffs michel and petunho, and says that TSPN and I haven't done much scumhunting. Yet in all of that all he seems to have decided about Lowell is that he's trying to keep his head down. Really? I guess you just, I don't know, missed the case against him being made by both TSPN and myself throughout day two, since you seem to think neither of us were really doing much scumhunting. And didn't have any opinion on what he did say. At all. Or the much simpler and more likely explanation, you're his scumbuddy. Ockham's Razor wins this round.
You're not using Ockham's Razor at all. I made my view on him pretty clear: I had no clear read on lowell, simple. And yes, I did think lowell was keeping his head down. The case on lowell was that he was generally lurking. That's pretty much keeping his head down.
ogml wrote:More than a month later, this is the next time lowell/shaka even comes up in one of your posts.
Is your problem the fact that I don't mention him much or the content of the post? Either way, what point are you trying to raise?
ogml wrote:This was said to Zeek. Let me translate into scumtalk: "You're not gonna convince me to lynch my partner instead of you, but go ahead and keep trying!"
This is confirmation bias again. If you read all the posts during that time, it's pretty clear my mind was torn on zeek. I would have been willing to move my vote to Shaka if Zeek had given me a reason. Stop thinking for a moment that I'm scum and read the posts from that time frame again. It's pretty clear that there was nothing at all scummy about it.
ogml wrote:Translating into scumtalk once again: "Oh my gods they might actually lynch my scumpartner! Better invoke the age old scum tool for forcing mislynches, the deadline! And while I'm at it this is clearly the time to start laying the seeds of doubt about the zeek mislynch so later I have a chance to go say I told you so!"
READ PAGE 31 and 32. That was a request for a deadline extension. The rest of the post is me being open minded.
ogml wrote:Here ting clearly states that he'd be open to bussing his scumbuddy, but only if somebody else does the work and makes a case about him.
Until then he'll just keep saying he's town for no real reason and hoping the case doesn't materialize.
No.
ting wrote:Shaka - I think he's town.
One reason is that I just don't view lurking as scummy. Another is that I agree with a lot his posts on Zeek. That's not much reason to conclude that he's town though. It's not so much that I think he's town, but that I have no reason to think he's scum.
If you can tell me why you think he's scum, I might change my mind, but for now I think he's town.
I had no reason to think he was scum. Everyone's case on lowell was mainly lurking, and I don't buy that. I clearly admitted that I didn't have much reason to think he was town, but I had no reason to think he was scum either. Call it middle of the road leaning town if you want. You're either not reading my posts or just twisting it to fit your theory.
ogml wrote:I gather you disagreed because Zeek actually had QuickBen pegged and you were the scum on that early day two wagon?
If you actually read my post:
ting wrote:I disagree. Zeek's play just looks so scummy, there was bound to be votes on him come day 2. Do you really think he'd have come off pure white after all that happened day 1?
You never answered that iirc. I still stand by it. The way zeek played, he was bound to get voted. Your accusation here is a stretch and isn't even backed by anything.
ogml wrote:More requests for somebody else to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that shaka is scum before he's even willing to consider the possibility himself.
Yes, I wanted proof, is there anything wrong with that? Yes, I get it, you caught a scum, and I was too blind to see it, good for you. No, I honestly didn't think he was scum. I considered the possibility, but I wasn't buying the case on him. That makes me misguided, not scum. Zeek and soup thought the other was scum, but we now know they're both town. Are you going to call them both scum too for being wrong?
ogml wrote:This quote in scumtalk, brought to you by OGML: "Wait, wait guys, hold on a second. I need to think of some way to save my scum partner. No, I can't, but I can't bring myself to vote him either."
No. It was plain old, 'I can't see him as scum because of action X.' I'm still surprised he was scum. I also still don't understand why he went for geraintm.
ogml wrote:You probably should have stopped defending shaka with the town steamrolling towards his lynch like that.
This would have been good advice if I was his scumpartner. Too bad I'm not.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:05 am

Post by ting =) »

@TSPN.
I don't mind claiming, but do you honestly see it going anywhere?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:34 pm

OGML wrote: The last paper I will ever write as an undergraduate took the place of what should have been my eight hours of sleep last night.
Hey, me too! Congrats!

Anyway, mafia: I've no problem with massclaim.

Ting: I'm going to vote you unless your claim convinces me not to. I dunno if that qualifies as going anywhere to you.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 7:43 am

Post by ting =) »

@TSPN. No. Any role that would have convinced me to reconsider if I were in your shoes are dead.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:57 am

Alright.

Vote ting.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:44 am

Post by geraintm »

unvote, vote thesweatpants nunja
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:00 am

Post by ting =) »

TSPN, do you have any reason for your vote? You're just riding on OGML's suspicions.

Also, geraintm, you know you just L-1ed him right?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:05 am

Post by geraintm »

ting, he had one vote, i've given him a second right?
so both you and him are on 2. i think that is right. so yeah, i did know
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:17 am

Post by ting =) »

Hmm. I thought you'd vote me off, not give me the chance to hammer. I need to think for a bit.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:29 am

ting wrote: TSPN, do you have any reason for your vote? You're just riding on OGML's suspicions.
Not exactly, OGML just posted before I did. Its process of elimination, basically-BM went strong after shaka yesterday, shaka went strong after geraintm, OGML went after lowell. . . which is the weakest of those, so if you are town, OGML would be my next pick.

But you refused to commit to the shaka wagon one way or another.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:30 am

In other news, I predict ting will "think for a bit" and then hammer me.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:34 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

If by weakest you mean 'furthest in the past' then yes, I did go after Lowell weakly. If you actually go back into the past and look however you'll see it was anything but weak.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 am

Post by ting =) »

tspn wrote:But you refused to commit to the shaka wagon one way or another.
I thought he was town. I've said that already.

I think BM and OGML are town. BM was the first to vote for Shaka. OGML had no need to buss him. With no cop though, either of them might just be really daring scum. If that's so, then the gambit paid off, I think they're both town.

To me, that leaves you and geraintm. So either you're scum, geraintm's scum, or you're both scum. I don't believe you're both scum because geraintm could have just voted me.

If geraintm's scum, he could be doing this to force me to be the one hammer, then he'd nk BM and convince OGML to lynch me the next day. If you're scum, I hammer and town wins.

I should do a reread, but it's too long and too messy, so I just reread day 3. Geraintm gave even less reason for his vote on you than you did for your vote on me. I still don't know why Shaka voted geraintm. He must have known he wouldn't have been able to gather enough people to lynch geraintm.

I don't have much of a read on you. I think geraintm is town. I should have just voted you just now and gotten it over with, but I have a paranoid feeling I'm being played.

All that said,
vote:thesweatpantsninja.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:51 am

Post by ting =) »

Okay, you're dead, what were you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”