Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:52 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
gorillaman (2): Zu_faul, weilawei
BlackWolf (2): gorillaman, Battousai
Zu_Faul (1): Nocmen

Not voting (5): silence, Mr. Blonde, BlackWolf, Atticus

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:40 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

vote gorillaman

I agree on Zu_faul (post 162), weilawei (post 217). gorillaman's activity and actions deserve a vote he's been lurking & waiting a townie to get killed.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:53 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Nocmen wrote:A number of things. One of which it seems to me like he jumps around and pops up only when it is convenient for him to do so, and when something about him is mentioned. A lot of his posts have been trying to get other people to say things, which is fine for a newbie game, but when its been said so many times by all of us, I think he may be trying to get someone to slip up. He's accused/voted people for the reasons of not scumhunting and "trying to tell our partner something". But what has he done? The most scum hunting I have seen from him was his vote on gorillaman.
Wrong.

In this post, evidence of me scumhunting:
zu_Faul wrote:
Vote: Battousai

I think it is very early to accuse someone of lurking. We're on page two and there has really been nothing worth commenting on. Until now.
zu_Faul wrote:
BlackWolf wrote:Zu_FaulI didn't need to see your reaction in particular...anything interesting that came up would be good.

It at least gives me something about other people...

Now, since you said you would answer questions, Bat...
Why didn't you vote for me on Post 77 if you found me that suspicious? Why wait till now?
Shouldn't you try to get as many reactions as possible?
zu_Faul wrote:
Rickeon wrote:
zu_Faul wrote:
Unvote, Vote Rickeon
Well, I really don't see what I could defend. I haven't done anything that could go either way yet this game.
Your passiveness is astonishing. There have been some things going on until now. You need to comment.
(this is not only prompting him to say something, but an accusation ("astonishing passiveness"))
zu_Faul wrote:There are still other things to comment on, Rickeon (everyone else as well). Also picking on battousai when you can't say why seems too opportunistic for me.
(I think Nocmen may be confused by the fact that my posts are not 1-dimensional. I can prompt someone to say something and scumhunt in the same post).
zu_Faul wrote:
FOS: Nocmen, Battousai
for throwing BS logic at BlackWolf.
zu_Faul wrote:
unvote, vote gorillaman

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=125
Other than in post 2 he hasn't done any accusing. He is not scumhunting. Just sitting on the sideline watching how the townies lynch each other.
zu_Faul wrote:I don't know whether all of you missed that he hasn't been on L-1 for some time. If you did I think it is possible that some of you tried to warn your scum partner not to lynch him and make themselves seem very scummy. If you did not miss it I don't know what you wanted to accomplish.
FOS: Battousai, Nocmen, Atticus
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:56 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Nocmen wrote:Battousai has made 3 votes total in this game, and 3 FoSes. And look at how many FoSes others have given in this game...its more than Battousai. If anything, I commend FoSes over votes, but only to a point. The way Battousai is using the FoSes are fine, but a few more and it looks like a person is trying to set up bait to try and get anyone else in trouble for it.
This is only right if the person making the FoSes is not committed and doesn't place his vote or doesn't change his vote to the most likely scum target.

Right now I'd be happy with lynching gorillaman or Nocmen.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:29 am

Post by BlackWolf »

Why would you be happy with lynching Nocmen?

Going over your posts, you haven't cast any suspicions on him that weren't on somebody else as well.

And you would lynch gorillaman on the fact that he hasn't been scumhunting?

Well Bat, I can't argue with you if you think my reasoning wasn't good enough. There really isn't any way to argue with you anymore.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:51 am

Post by zu_Faul »

BlackWolf wrote:Why would you be happy with lynching Nocmen?

Going over your posts, you haven't cast any suspicions on him that weren't on somebody else as well.

And you would lynch gorillaman on the fact that he hasn't been scumhunting?

Well Bat, I can't argue with you if you think my reasoning wasn't good enough. There really isn't any way to argue with you anymore.
As for Nocmen, he has been constantly accusing players with BS logic and is trying to steer this game into a direction which suits him.

Gorillaman made one or two good posts and then returned to his old unhelpful self.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:If you are to accuse someone along those lines, you must make sure you are not guilty of them yourself.
Why? If behaviour X is more likely to be performed by scum than town, then someone else behaving X makes him more likely to be scum (than before giving the tell), even if you do it yourself, too?

On another note, why did weilawei wanting to help scum pass undiscussed?
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by gorillaman »

BlackWolf wrote:Why would you be happy with lynching Nocmen?

Nice catch.

Potentially, 253 could be an almost textbook scum post. Accusing two people, one the townie you want to see lynched today and the other your partner from whom you're trying to distance.
silence wrote:On another note, why did weilawei wanting to help scum pass undiscussed?
I don't find that particularly significant. Misguided, but not scummy.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by weilawei »

gorillaman wrote:
silence wrote:On another note, why did weilawei wanting to help scum pass undiscussed?
I don't find that particularly significant. Misguided, but not scummy.
Huh? Which post did I say
that
in?
[size=67]you will birth a god and build an eternal paradise[/size]
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by gorillaman »

212. silence responds in 223.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by weilawei »

Thanks gorrilaman.

silence, you got it exactly backwards. I'm 100% for discussing everything. Notice I was questioning people who said we shouldn't discuss scum. I feel that any sort of hidden information or attempt to limit discussion is automatically on my scumdar.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:48 am

Post by zu_Faul »

gorillaman wrote: Potentially, 253 could be an almost textbook scum post. Accusing two people, one the townie you want to see lynched today and the other your partner from whom you're trying to distance.
You could be saying that only because one of the accused is you. Just saying.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Battousai »

weilawei wrote:Thanks gorrilaman.

silence, you got it exactly backwards. I'm 100% for discussing everything. Notice I was questioning people who said we shouldn't discuss scum. I feel that any sort of hidden information or attempt to limit discussion is automatically on my scumdar.
weilawei wrote:
gorillaman wrote:I see no reason for town to explain to the scum what it would be stupid for them to do. I see no reason for town to talk about how the cop or the doc could be acting.
It's a newbie game. I don't see why we shouldn't be speaking openly about the choices players should make. Even first time scum might need help.
Even first time scum might need help...? They weren't trying to discuss scum, one was discussing what scum should and shouldn't do, the other was saying they shouldn't talk about that. Limiting discussion is not always a bad thing, like in this circumstance. It also helps when scum try to muddy up the water and send townies off chasing a red herring.

Consider this my second vote:
FOS: weilawei
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Nocmen »

Better post later/tomorrow. I'm living hell week with classes and work.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Consider this my second vote: FOS: weilawei
Hmm...?
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Battousai »

I already have a vote on, and that was my way of saying that if I wasn't certain blackwolf was scum, I'd lynch him.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:26 am

Post by weilawei »

Battousai wrote:I already have a vote on, and that was my way of saying that if I wasn't certain blackwolf was scum, I'd lynch him.
Simply by the actions:
ScumBait wrote:(12) Battousai casts first vote for atticus.
(34) Battousai unvotes for atticus leaving 0 vote(s).
(38) Battousai points the first FoS at atticus.
(39) zu_Faul casts first vote for battousai.
(57) split9102 casts vote 2 for battousai.
(84) Battousai casts vote 2 for blackwolf.
(94) zu_Faul unvotes for battousai leaving 1 vote(s).
(154) Battousai unvotes for blackwolf leaving 0 vote(s).
(154) Battousai casts vote 2 for rickeon.
(163) Battousai points the first FoS at gorillaman.
(174) zu_Faul points the first FoS at battousai.
(183) Battousai points the first FoS at zu_faul.
(189) Mr. Blonde points FoS 2 at battousai.
(203) weilawei points FoS 2 at battousai.
(204) Mr. Blonde points FoS 3 at battousai.
(242) Battousai unvotes for rickeon leaving 0 vote(s).
(242) Battousai casts vote 2 for blackwolf.
(262) Battousai points the first FoS at weilawei.
In 39, zu_faul voted for you.
In 57, split9102 (my predecessor) voted for you.
In 94, zu_faul unvoted, taking some heat off you.

In 174, zu_faul points the first FoS at you.
In 183, you point a FoS at zu_faul.

This screams retaliation. Granted, this is the second time zu_faul went after you.

In 189, Mr. Blonde points a FoS at you.
In 203, I point a FoS at you.
In 231, gorillaman points a FoS at me.
In 262, you've got your FoS on me.

You even said yourself that accusatory and desperate aren't town tells. You've been jumping on bandwagons whenever they seem to be garnering support, after waiting a little while to make sure it doesn't look odd.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by silence »

weilawei wrote:silence, you got it exactly backwards. I'm 100% for discussing everything. Notice I was questioning people who said we shouldn't discuss scum. I feel that any sort of hidden information or attempt to limit discussion is automatically on my scumdar.
Nope, I think you got my point wrong. I did not even consider whether discussing everything is good or bad. What I commented on was that you implied scum should be given help as this is a newbie game. I don't want players on my team that want to help opponents.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by weilawei »

silence wrote:
weilawei wrote:silence, you got it exactly backwards. I'm 100% for discussing everything. Notice I was questioning people who said we shouldn't discuss scum. I feel that any sort of hidden information or attempt to limit discussion is automatically on my scumdar.
Nope, I think you got my point wrong. I did not even consider whether discussing everything is good or bad. What I commented on was that you implied scum should be given help as this is a newbie game. I don't want players on my team that want to help opponents.
I'm not interested in helping them, but some things aren't exactly top-secret knowledge. If a person makes a totally incorrect statement, we aren't allowed to point this out?
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

In response to #257...I didn't mean anything quite like that. I was just curious as to his exact reasoning for wanting to lynch you and Nocmen.

However, gorillaman, you have yet to post an actual defence of his accusation of you being your 'old, unhelpful self'. All you've done is say that his post is a scum post, and passed yourself off as town, with a slight accusation of Nocmen.

And I expect Nocmen will have a defence when he next posts...he's been good like that.

And there's nothing suspicious about what weilawei is saying. This is a newb game, after all, and there's bound to be many mistakes.

...Atticus, done the re-read yet?
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by gorillaman »

BlackWolf wrote:In response to #257...I didn't mean anything quite like that. I was just curious as to his exact reasoning for wanting to lynch you and Nocmen.
Well then, I mean it like that. Only ever accusing someone while you're accusing somebody else as well looks like distancing.
BlackWolf wrote:However, gorillaman, you have yet to post an actual defence of his accusation of you being your 'old, unhelpful self'.
It didn't occur to me I had anything to defend. As far as accusations go, that one's so vague I almost have to squint to know it's there. When I accused BlackWolf of not scumhunting, I gave specific and logical reasons for doing so. zu_Faul's done nothing of the sort for me. If I'm guilty of anything, it's only some lazy posting at the start of a slow game, which he may or may not know perfectly well.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 12:29 am

Post by zu_Faul »

gorillaman wrote:
BlackWolf wrote:However, gorillaman, you have yet to post an actual defence of his accusation of you being your 'old, unhelpful self'.
It didn't occur to me I had anything to defend. As far as accusations go, that one's so vague I almost have to squint to know it's there. When I accused BlackWolf of not scumhunting, I gave specific and logical reasons for doing so. zu_Faul's done nothing of the sort for me. If I'm guilty of anything, it's only some lazy posting at the start of a slow game, which he may or may not know perfectly well.
Just because I don't make a text like
OMG gorillascum blahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah
Doesn't mean it's unnoticeable. That's jsut you being lazy.

I could quote all of your psots but two and everyone could see for themselves that you weren't doing any scumhunting. It's hard to show that something's
not
there.
The only thing that qualifies you of giving "specific and logical reasons" to accuse "BlackWolf of not scumhunting" may be that you accused him of not voting someone he found scummy. That is a thing which is completely different from what I accuse you of, which is, not doing anything at all (except for your BW cause).
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Nocmen »

I know this will probably sound a bit hypocritical, but I don't think we should base a lynch just off not scumhunting. A lot of people have...mis understandings of what scumhunting really is when they are a new player, I know for one I didn't scumhunt much in my first few newbie games.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:07 am

Post by bird1111 »

7 weeks should be long enough for day 1 in a 9 player game.

Final deadline: May 27th@12:14 PM EST

This can only be extended if something comes up such as a replacement that forces me to move it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote and FOS of D1
[mrow]
Vote/FOS
[col]
Making Vote Count
Battousai votes Atticus[col]1 Atticus- BattousaiAtticus votes Silence[col]1 Atticus- Battousai/ 1 Silence- AtticusBattousai unvotes Atticus[col]1 Silence- AtticusBattousai FOS Atticus[col]1 Silence- AtticusZu votes Battousai[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 1 Battousai- ZuSplit votes Battousai[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 2 Battousai- Zu; SplitBlackWolf votes Zu[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 2 Battousai- Zu; Split/ 1 Zu- BlackWolfBlackWolf unvotes[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 2 Battousai- Zu; SplitNocmen FOS BlackWolf[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 2 Battousai- Zu; SplitNocmen FOS Split[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 2 Battousai- Zu; SplitNocmen votes BlackWolf[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 2 Battousai- Zu; Split/ 1 BlackWolf- NocmenBattousai votes BlackWolf[col]1 Silence- Atticus/ 2 Battousai- Zu; Split/ 2 BlackWolf- Nocmen; BattousaiAtticus unvotes Silence[col]2 Battousai- Zu; Split/ 2 BlackWolf- Nocmen; BattousaiZu unvotes Battousai[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 BlackWolf- Nocmen; BattousaiZu votes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 BlackWolf- Nocmen; Battousai/ 1 Rickeon- ZuAtticus FOS Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 BlackWolf- Nocmen; Battousai/ 1 Rickeon- ZuNocmen unvotes BlackWolf[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 BlackWolf- Battousai/ 1 Rickeon- ZuNocmen votes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 BlackWolf- Battousai/ 2 Rickeon- Zu; NocmenNocmen unvotes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 BlackWolf- Battousai/ 1 Rickeon- ZuAtticus votes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 BlackWolf- Battousai/ 2 Rickeon- Zu; AtticusZu FOS Nocmen[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 BlackWolf- Battousai/ 2 Rickeon- Zu; AtticusZu FOS Battousai[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 BlackWolf- Battousai/ 2 Rickeon- Zu; AtticusBattousai unvotes BlackWolf[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 Rickeon- Zu; AtticusBattousai votes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 3 Rickeon- Zu; Atticus; BattousaiNocmen votes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 4 Rickeon- Zu; Atticus; Battousai; NocmenZu unvotes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 3 Rickeon- Atticus; Battousai; NocmenZu votes gorillaman[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 3 Rickeon- Atticus; Battousai; Nocmen/ 1 gorillaman- ZuBattousai FOS gorillaman[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 3 Rickeon- Atticus; Battousai; Nocmen/ 1 gorillaman- ZuAtticus unvotes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 Rickeon- Battousai; Nocmen/ 1 gorillaman- ZuZu FOS Battousai[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 Rickeon- Battousai; Nocmen/ 1 gorillaman- ZuZu FOS Nocmen[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 Rickeon- Battousai; Nocmen/ 1 gorillaman- ZuZu FOS Atticus[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 2 Rickeon- Battousai; Nocmen/ 1 gorillaman- ZuNocmen unvotes Rickeon[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- ZuBattousai FOS Zu[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- Zu Mr. Blonde (Rickeon) FOS Battousai[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- ZuMr. Blonde (Rickeon) FOS Zu[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- ZuMr. Blonde (Rickeon) FOS Nocmen[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- ZuWeilawei (Split) FOS Battousai[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- ZuMr. Blonde (Rickeon) FOS Battousai[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- Zugorillaman FOS BlackWolf[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- Zugorillaman votes BlackWolf[col]1 Battousai- Split/ 1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- Zu/ 1 Blackwolf- gorillamanWeilawei (Split) unvotes Battousai[col]1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 1 gorillaman- Zu/ 1 Blackwolf- gorillamanWeilawei (Split) votes gorillaman[col]1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 2 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split)/ 1 Blackwolf- gorillamangorillaman FOS Weilawei[col]1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 2 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split)/ 1 Blackwolf- gorillamanNocmen votes Zu[col]1 Rickeon- Battousai/ 2 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split)/ 1 Blackwolf- gorillaman/ 1 Zu- NocmenBattousai unvotes Mr. Blonde (Rickeon)[col]2 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split)/ 1 Blackwolf- gorillaman/ 1 Zu- NocmenBattousai votes BlackWolf[col]2 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split)/ 2 Blackwolf- gorillaman; Battousai/ 1 Zu- NocmenBattousai IGMEOY Weilawei (split)[col]2 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split)/ 2 Blackwolf- gorillaman; Battousai/ 1 Zu- NocmenMr. Blonde (Rickeon) votes gorillaman[col]3 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split); Mr. Blonde (Rickeon)/ 2 Blackwolf- gorillaman; Battousai/ 1 Zu- NocmenBattousai FOS Weilawei (split)[col]3 gorillaman- Zu; Weilawei (Split); Mr. Blonde (Rickeon)/ 2 Blackwolf- gorillaman; Battousai/ 1 Zu- Nocmen

Here's every FOS and vote of D1 thus far.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”