Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Eighty-Fifth Vote Count:

Not Voting (5) - OhGodMyLife (rep. Ectomancer), Jester, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz)

It will take 3 votes to lynch before deadline

HoS Count (LyLo courtesy, no game significance):

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Jester (2) - OhGodMyLife, Nyktorion
Battousai (3) - OhGodMyLife, Mizzy, Nyktorion
Nyktorion (2) - Mizzy, OhGodMyLife

Current Deadline:
May 20, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
May 13, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat May 10, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Battousai »

I FOS'd myself?
UNFOS

No, I screwed up. -Tar
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Eighty-Sixth Vote Count:

Not Voting (5) - OhGodMyLife (rep. Ectomancer), Jester, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz)

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Battousai »

Come on, where is everybody? It's been awhile....
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Mizzy »

It's been Mother's Day and a weekend so I can't imagine many folks would have been around. I am back now, though!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mother's Day + weekend + 2 players with limited access (Jester and Mizzy) means that I will be generous about lax posting. If this rate of posting (or the lack thereof) continues, however, you will find that your deadline is much shorter than it might be. -Tar

Eighty-Seventh Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Twenty-four hours of no posting is something I cannot tolerate. MASS PROD in progress. Despite the lack of posting, I am going to PASS you on the First Mod Deadline Review (due to game state), but I am also preemptively FAILING you on the Second Mod Deadline Review.

FINAL DEADLINE FOR DAY 4: May 27, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6; may be pushed back if extreme circumstances arise). -Tar

Eighty-Eighth Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
May 27, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Jester »

OMGL wrote:I need a thorough look through the whole thread for interactions between all three of you before I can make a more informed post, but suffice it to say that I consider Mizzy's evidence for her own towniness pretty much rock solid at this point.
Have you had any more thoughts along these lines, because other than your comfortableness with Mizzy, you seem to have a FOS on the rest of us. ;)
Nyktorion wrote:If you just wanted the town to focus on scumhunting instead of setup discussions, why did you not just use FOSes instead of votes during the day (the "playing it safe" point I tried to make at that tine, which was also the root of the escalation of the setup discussion), instead of escalating the discussion as well?
Ummmm... I did. I used both. I used all three.
Nyktorion wrote:...you also have to count your 626 where you pushed for a vig-claim.
You might want to actually read 626. I've posted a link to it, just to make it easy. You're right about 704, though. I posted that because even ROTN (an obvious townie) was getting sucked into the stupid setup crap that you and Ecto were pushing all through page 27. I got frustrated and wrote 704 just to get ROTN to shut up about it. You'll notice that the conclusion in my 704 was
absolutely freakin' correct
, whereas the speculative crap you posted in your seven posts had no conclusions and was just stirring shit. So, you're right about 704. I wrote three posts about the setup on day 3.

You seem to be counting five posts from me, but I reject your arguments for 626 and 694. Even if I humor you and count them, though, your lie stands. But the fact that you won't admit you were wrong even when you yourself say that you were wrong makes it clear to me: you're scum.

At this point, if nobody else is going to take an action before then, I'm going to vote for Nyktorion on Thursday. I'm now 100% convinced he's scum. But I've been wrong in this game before, so if someone wants to thrown down a vote and a justification on another target, do it before Thursday. But at this point, I'm sure enough about Nyktorion to commit and risk a town loss if I'm wrong, if nobody else will commit first.

In the meantime, Nyktorion, you sound pretty sure about me. Why not go ahead and put a vote down on me?

More in a few minutes.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Jester »

Battousai wrote:Since you guys have already said your scumpairs, I'll list the one I'm leaning on right now. That would be OMGML/Jester. Jester doesn't seem too critical of OMGML's actions yesterday compared to Nykt's.
The discussion was Nyktorion, Etcomancer, and ROTN. At the time, I thought that the discussion was two townies being overly influenced by scum. As I've reread the day 3 setup discussions while arguing them with Nyktorion, I've become much less sure of that position. However, OMGL comes off mostly townish to me, so I haven't put a FOS on him, that's true.
Battousai wrote:Add in Jester's actions yesterday of voting someone early in the game without confirmation of it being lylo.
Out of curiosity, where was I supposed to get such confirmation? The fact that Tar confirmed it today is the
first
time I've ever seen a mod tell the players they were at lylo. That said, I think I made it
quite
clear over many D3 posts that I did not believe we were at lylo then. Had Tar not confirmed, I would have made it very clear that I was sure we were at lylo today.
Battousai wrote:As Nykt said, the town did not know for sure it was not LyLo, but Jester seemed to know that it wasn't by voting.
Wrong. I knew we weren't at lylo because of the setup of mountainous games, as I said many times over the course of D3. I've thrown "three scum" into a number of my posts in this game trying to get people to jump at it, and a few people here and there have, including you. Feel free to check the list. Third paragraph.
Battousai wrote:Haven't checked it out yet
Jester, in 394, wrote:
thenextepisode.
Another one where a line from my notes sums it up: "Proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he's not too bright" (261). My thinking is that you're a complete newbie town that simply doesn't realize when he's saying the wrong things. You've been following the pack all over the place, which is usually a mild scum-tell, but it can also be a newbie-tell. You should probably get into a newbie game, or at least an Open game (where you get to know the setup in advance). Closed minis aren't for you.
You're a hard one to read, Battousai. I can't decide if you're scum or an overly aggressive townie. I'm still leaning hard toward the former.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Battousai »

I guess that's a complement, sort of...
Jester wrote:
Nyktorion wrote:Nyktorion wrote:
If you just wanted the town to focus on scumhunting instead of setup discussions, why did you not just use FOSes instead of votes during the day (the "playing it safe" point I tried to make at that tine, which was also the root of the escalation of the setup discussion), instead of escalating the discussion as well?

What do you mean you used all three and both? Both implies there being only two (FOS, and voting), what do you mean by the third one?

In 626 I'll take the quote-
Jester wrote:Also, it seems pretty clear to me that Rosso was vigged. The guy was acting like an ass, and certainly deserved his fate. And heaven knows he certainly drew any vigs we have in the game on himself. I don't think I've ever seen such anti-town behavior. It'd be hard to find a person in this game that didn't want Rosso dead, so finding out who killed him is going to be tough unless someone now wants to claim vig. I'm not a vig.
To me this does sound like you did want someone to claim vig, you even claimed that you weren't. Now you deny you wanted a vig claim?
Jester wrote:
Nyktorion wrote:Nyktorion wrote:
...you also have to count your 626 where you pushed for a vig-claim.

You might want to actually read 626. I've posted a link to it, just to make it easy.
You're right about 704, though
Jester wrote:
Battousai wrote:Battousai wrote:
Add in Jester's actions yesterday of voting someone early in the game without confirmation of it being lylo.

Out of curiosity, where was I supposed to get such confirmation? The fact that Tar confirmed it today is the first time I've ever seen a mod tell the players they were at lylo. That said, I think I made it quite clear over many D3 posts that I did not believe we were at lylo then. Had Tar not confirmed, I would have made it very clear that I was sure we were at lylo today.
The point I was trying to make was that you were willing to place a vote so early that day without knowing whether or not it was LyLo.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai wrote:The point I was trying to make was that you were willing to place a vote so early that day without knowing whether or not it was LyLo.
That can either be on purpose or a mistake, and since we have no way of knowing which it is, it's a null tell. Your post feels like defense via offense and makes you look scummier in my book.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Battousai »

How could it be a mistake, he left the vote on for almost the entire day?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai wrote:How could it be a mistake, he left the vote on for almost the entire day?
I didn't even connect the dots to it being possibly lylo that day until someone mentioned it, so I can't fault or judge anyone else on it.

Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Nyktorion »

Jester wrote:
Nyktorion wrote:If you just wanted the town to focus on scumhunting instead of setup discussions, why did you not just use FOSes instead of votes during the day (the "playing it safe" point I tried to make at that tine, which was also the root of the escalation of the setup discussion), instead of escalating the discussion as well?
I do not know what exactly you mean by "both" and "all three", but it surely cannot be my "playing it safe" and "fos-instead-of-vote" point you quoted.

-----
Jester wrote:You might want to actually read 626. I've posted a link to it, just to make it easy.
Jester, in #626 wrote:Also, it seems pretty clear to me that Rosso was vigged. The guy was acting like an ass, and certainly deserved his fate. And heaven knows he certainly drew any vigs we have in the game on himself. I don't think I've ever seen such anti-town behavior. It'd be hard to find a person in this game that didn't want Rosso dead,
so finding out who killed him is going to be tough unless someone now wants to claim vig. I'm not a vig.
-----
Jester wrote:You're right about 704, though. I posted that because even ROTN (an obvious townie) was getting sucked into the stupid setup crap that you and Ecto were pushing all through page 27. I got frustrated and wrote 704 just to get ROTN to shut up about it. You'll notice that the conclusion in my 704 was absolutely freakin' correct, whereas the speculative crap you posted in your seven posts had no conclusions and was just stirring shit. So, you're right about 704. I wrote three posts about the setup on day 3.
I think you still do not really get the argument I was tryig to make: your setup was the most probable, but not sure enough to risk everything on it. You still played a game of Russian Roulette with the fate of the town, and even though you won that game, it was still completely unnecessary. The other option is of course, that you already knew more about the number of scum than the rest of the town, and therefore went into this game
that
confidently.
Jester wrote:You seem to be counting five posts from me, but I reject your arguments for 626 and 694. Even if I humor you and count them, though, your lie stands. But the fact that you won't admit you were wrong even when you yourself say that you were wrong makes it clear to me: you're scum.
I reject your rejection of my arguments for 626 and 694. And, if you go by counting the number of posts that mentioned, then of course I posted more about the SK topic than you did. When I posted my "lie", I did not count the number of posts mentioning the SK. I just clearly remembered that you were involved into this discussion in all of your posts. What makes you call me scummy now is just the fact that you had less posts than me in total during the considered period of time (due to your schedule), but that does not mean that you had less involvement there.
Jester wrote:At this point, if nobody else is going to take an action before then, I'm going to vote for Nyktorion on Thursday. I'm now 100% convinced he's scum. But I've been wrong in this game before, so if someone wants to thrown down a vote and a justification on another target, do it before Thursday. But at this point, I'm sure enough about Nyktorion to commit and risk a town loss if I'm wrong, if nobody else will commit first.

In the meantime, Nyktorion, you sound pretty sure about me. Why not go ahead and put a vote down on me?
This is rather similar to the SK issue we had yesterday: I think you are by far the most probable scum here. However, I think that, as long as we have time, we may still use it to play it safely.

On the other hand, should you decide to start the actual voting, then I will surely return the vote: then, if you are scum, the vote is obviously well-placed (as it would already be without you voting me). However, in the unlikely, but possible, case that you are also town, scum would have already myself as a quicklynch target - when they get a second such target, that would not make the situation any worse (one quicklynch target is already enough for scum to win the game in LyLo).
Mizzy wrote:That can either be on purpose or a mistake, and since we have no way of knowing which it is, it's a null tell. Your post feels like defense via offense and makes you look scummier in my book.
I think the danger of LyLo was actually the point of the whole two/scum/three scum/SK discussion. So how would it be anything other than on purpose, then?
Mizzy wrote:I didn't even connect the dots to it being possibly lylo that day until someone mentioned it, so I can't fault or judge anyone else on it.
LyLo was first mentioned in post #634, which I would still count towards the early part of Day 3.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:36 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Very short on time this week, I graduate from college on Saturday and have family in town already. I will find the time to make a real post here by the weekend. Two comments right now.
Jester wrote:In the meantime, Nyktorion, you sound pretty sure about me. Why not go ahead and put a vote down on me?
This is setting off alarm bells in my head. Enormously loud alarm bells.
Jester wrote:I'm going to vote for Nyktorion on Thursday.
Please don't place a vote until I've had a chance to make a meaningful post. The deadline is still distant enough, we have time to be cautious with our votes.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

OGML's V/LA status is hereby officially noted.

Eighty-Ninth Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I'm not going to bother ranting about activity right now. You can see the game state, you have your deadline, act accordingly.

Ninetieth Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Mizzy »

Well, I like either a Battousai or a Nyktorion lynch...not sure what else to say. I don't want to vote without an okay due to lylo-ness, but that's the only reason I'm not voting.

Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Jester »

Gonna break my "no weekends" rule and post here tomorrow. Would do so today, but I had to pull an all-nighter Thursday afternoon, Thursday night, and into Friday morning to get something done, and I'm exhausted.

Short version: if OMGL feels like he needs more time, then I'll give him time to post something substantive. But it sure looks to me like Battousai and Nyktorion, despite their apparent annoyance with me wanting to take action, don't feel like countering it by taking action themselves.

Longer reply tomorrow.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Battousai »

I'm not 100% sure of who is scum and who is not of the 4 remaining players. Thus, I'm not willing to vote. Since I'm leaning on Jester right now to be scum, I'm awaiting his reply and hope that will make me more comfortable voting him or to vote someone else.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Ninety-First Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Jester »

Battousai (and Nyktorion) wrote:What do you mean you used all three and both? Both implies there being only two (FOS, and voting), what do you mean by the third one?
I used both: FOS and voting. I used all three: FOS, voting, and escalating the discussion. See the original quote in my 782.
Battousai wrote:
Jester wrote:It'd be hard to find a person in this game that didn't want Rosso dead, so finding out who killed him is going to be tough
unless
someone now wants to claim vig. I'm not a vig.
To me this does sound like you did want someone to claim vig, you even claimed that you weren't. Now you deny you wanted a vig claim?
Emphasis mine. "Unless" is recognized by most English-language speakers as a conditional. I was hoping that someone would claim, but wasn't requesting it or demanding it. I could see a lot of conditions under which someone might not want to claim, including the possibility that they had more than one shot.
Battousai wrote:The point I was trying to make was that you were willing to place a vote so early that day without knowing whether or not it was LyLo.
Then your point is wrong. I knew we weren't at lylo. My vote wasn't a mistake. When Nyktorion brought up the possibility of three scum, I took it was scum stirring the pot and decided to follow along to see how many people also thought we had three scum. Unfortunately, that list turned out to be too long to be a diagnostic tool. I came clean on the fact that this is what I was doing in my very next post.
Nyktorion wrote:I think you still do not really get the argument I was tryig to make: your setup was the most probable, but not sure enough to risk everything on it. You still played a game of Russian Roulette with the fate of the town, and even though you won that game, it was still completely unnecessary. The other option is of course, that you already knew more about the number of scum than the rest of the town, and therefore went into this game that confidently.
Oh, look. A completely inconsistent argument. IF there had been three scum in this game, then the town was only in danger if and ONLY IF I was town. We had seven players, and one vote placed, by me. All three scum would have had to join me to get Battousai lynched, AND I would have to be a townie for it to have worked.

"Jester is probably scum" and "JesterTown put the town in danger with his D3 antics" are completely opposite positions. Sorry, but they can't both be true, and yet you seem to believe both of them. Pick one. Better still, pick neither of them, because neither of those positions are true, and you know it.

The rest of your 788 strikes me as pot-stirring.
OMGL wrote:Please don't place a vote until I've had a chance to make a meaningful post. The deadline is still distant enough, we have time to be cautious with our votes.
Then I look forward to seeing your post.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Jester »

Mizzy wrote:Well, I like either a Battousai or a Nyktorion lynch...
Care to sum up your positions on them?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Jester wrote:Care to sum up your positions on them?
Well, Nyk just seems to show very little affect when it comes to being FoSed or accused...he just seems way, way too calm about the whole thing. He was the hammer on SA, which in effect saved Battousai's ass, making me think that Nyk knows something more than we do, namely Battousai's alignment.

Battousai's posting has not been consistent with what I'd consider pro-town posting from him for one, and two, I've been keeping an eye on him for a long time for some shady logic. That and Nyk out of the blue saved his ass.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:49 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Ninety-Second Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.