Newbie 595 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 am

Post by W!nt3r »

From Q:

"This works wonderfully if you are in fact town. If you're lying and are scum the whole thing falls on its head."

I know... hence why i posted it.

Official Vote Count

W!nt3r - 2 (q21, Muerrto)

Super Archivist - 1 (massive)
Litral - 1 (shaka!!)

Not Voting - 3 (Litral, Super Archivist, W!nt3r)

4 to Lynch.
Strategy, smategy.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Muerrto »

This is like saying

'I win a football game if I carry the ball the most'

Bullshit! You win when your team wins. Get with the picture or get out of the picture.

Never heard anything more selfish in my life...

And this is a NEWBIE game, it's for the NEWBIES!!!

Us IC's are just here to HELP them LEARN!!! But apparently...you don't give a $hit about that. Sad...

Go play a theme game or something.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:29 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Muerrto wrote: Hammer him now before I start going off again. Oh well, wasted day(assuming he's town) but playing only for himself is selfish, childish, and against the spirit of the game.
For the record... I only started playing for myself when I thought you were attacking me on a personal level.

I changed my attitude... but Lit insists on bringing up things that occurred while i was in the mindset of "this game is a bunch of name calling."

When i tried to explain my reasoning behind what I had been said, which was asked of me, and also tried to tell you that what I think is dependent on the situation at hand and not on the fact that there may have been a personal vendetta set against me for being the replacement. Attacks started receding into an attack on how I interpret things, not on how this game is being played.

You asked for clarification, i gave it. Now I don't know what to say to you. I really don't. The game, regardless of who is scum and who is not was a fiasco from day one... in a 9 player game... 1/3 of the players have been replacements... Do you really expect this game to be played "as usual."
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:30 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Muerrto wrote:This is like saying

'I win a football game if I carry the ball the most'

Bullshit! You win when your team wins. Get with the picture or get out of the picture.

Never heard anything more selfish in my life...

And this is a NEWBIE game, it's for the NEWBIES!!!

Us IC's are just here to HELP them LEARN!!! But apparently...you don't give a $hit about that. Sad...

Go play a theme game or something.
i joined as noobie because I've already stated that the last game I played was 2 years ago... I had felt that I may have forgotten things along the way.
Strategy, smategy.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Muerrto »

I'm in a game right now with 8 replacments and we're playing fine. There is absolutely NO excuse for playing just for yourself. If it's been 2 years then take a hint and read page 1's rules and follow them.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Muerrto »

W!nt3r wrote:This is useless banter. As it does not matter. I've told you that what you think is different than what i think. This point would only matter to the game at hand if all players were in agreement with what constitutes winning.
The rules say what constitutes winning. This isn't about what you think and what he thinks. You can't sit down to a game of monopoly and say 'If I get the most hotels I win'. That's not the damn rules!

And I have GOT to stop reading your posts and replying to them...
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:08 am

Post by q21 »

W!nt3r wrote:From Q:

"This works wonderfully if you are in fact town. If you're lying and are scum the whole thing falls on its head."

I know... hence why i posted it.
And we're supposed to believe that you are in fact town, because you said so?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:09 am

Post by massive »

It's the "Freudian slip" that I keep going back to, immediately. "If I was a part of this town." The "I meant, of this town if it were a REAL town" explanation was just downright silly.

I'm ready to move on.
vote W!nt3r

My LOS? I'm assuming "List of Suspicions" so here's where I'm at:

Super Archivist is still most scummy to me, beyond Winter/snafoo. Shaka I don't have a read on thanks to starkmoon being absent for so long. Muerrto isn't playing this game like he played the last game we were in together -- which means he isn't scum, or he's learned from his mistakes. ;) q21 has put forth some good stuff but, in all honesty, I haven't been paying attention to him -- could be good, could be bad. Litral has redeemed himself from his mike nonsense from Day 1.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Muerrto »

Can someone hammer so we can try a take 2 tomorrow?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Vote: W!nt3r
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:33 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Muerrto wrote: If it's been 2 years then take a hint and read page 1's rules and follow them.
LOLWUT?

Game Rules:

Gameplay:

1. You may not post Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Players with roles allowing communication may only communicate outside the thread during the Night phase.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline, no choice will be made.
4. Mafia games typically start with the Night phase. However, in order for all players to play at least one game day, this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
5. The games at mafiascum.net typically do not have a posting requirement. As a general rule, however, you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
2. Once you have reached a simple majority, no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
3. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted otherwise!
4. Please submit vote revocations as either UnVote: PlayerName or Unvote. If you do not unvote, your new vote will NOT be counted!
5. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
6. Deadlines may be implemented if I feel that discussion is lagging. At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch to occur. In case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.
7. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post, except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous:

1. Red or Dark Red text is reserved for me. No invisible/small text is allowed.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. Questions/requests for the Mod may be posted in-thread. Please bold all requests so that I don’t miss them.
4. Terminology and answers to common questions can usually be found by a perusal of the Mafiascum.net Wiki. If you can't find the answer to a question, feel free to ask!
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or as I see fit. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game, and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
Strategy, smategy.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Muerrto »

W!nt3r wrote: 7. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
You just quoted the rules and didn't follow them =p

And you know what I meant by the rules with regards to your PM.

At least the nightmare is over...
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Super Archivist »

... Wait, did W!nt3r just hammer himself? :shock:
Too bad I was too late to vote him. (I could have done it last night, but I wanted q21, massive and shaka!! to come back and see what they had to say.)

Don't know what to think of this. If he's town, he just really hates this game and wants out, and we can move on tomorrow. And if he's scum... he must
really
hate this game and want out. That kinda makes me doubt that he's mafia, but you never know... Either way, it's probably best that he's gone. He kept going on about not being snafoo (even though he IS snafoo, role wise, which is what matters), and trying to justify his hatred for the town. If he hadn't replaced, we probably would have lynched snafoo today anyway, so it wasn't really
that
crazy, I guess...
It's the "Freudian slip" that I keep going back to, immediately. "If I was a part of this town." The "I meant, of this town if it were a REAL town" explanation was just downright silly.
I thought that too at first... Then I thought, "no one would be
that
stupid!" It was a very strange comment, anyways.
(But wouldn't a game where you roleplayed like you were in a real town be kinda fun? :D)
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Muerrto »

He has to be town. No way he just tried to pull a 'I'm town' gambit and hammer himself.

Basically all he did was hurt the town's chances to win.

Shrug, I've already mentally noted his name as someone I never wanna see in the same game as me again.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Litral »

Great time to be asleep...

Well, to comfort ourselves, we can fully say that if snafoo wasn't replaced, we probably would've lynched him after a while. More arguing and death of brain cells this way, sure, but the result is probably the same.

massive, thanks. In my humble opinion both SA and shaka!! are really difficult to read. The "active lurker" idea does incriminate SA a bit, but reading back, it seems that his timidity was genuine. shaka!! is just weird though, because I simply cannot believe that he found about 20 posts which incriminated me and none on anyone else... while several other players have expressed their belief that I'm innocent. One explanation is that he's the sort of person who doesn't bring up suspicions until he's certain that person is scum; the other is that he's scum trying to get people lynched.

@SA: I see you're a bit confused about the "active lurker" argument. To me it's one of the better arguments out there. The difference between townies and scum is that scum aren't genuinely looking for a good lynch, while townies are. Thusly, scum pay less attention to stuff, give weaker arguments, protect their buddies, contradict themselves for a convenient lynch, and bandwagon senselessly. The more they speak the more they incriminate themselves; and so most scum simply choose to speak as little as possible while not attracting attention for not speaking. W!nt3r there was accusing you of doing this, and not holding an opinion yourself.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Litral »

Also, maybe we should look more closely at massive tomorrow... :twisted:
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:33 pm

Yeah, I get what he's saying now. Honestly, if I wasn't myself, I'd be suspicious of me, too. But I think you guys should cut me some slack, seeing as this is my first game and I'm not usually a big forum poster. I'm definitely trying to improve, have longer posts and come up with more of my own opinions. :D

It's interesting that when shaka!! came in, he was extremely active and had a huge argument with you, but hasn't shown up at all recently. It's more likely that he's just busy rather than lurking, but it's still odd that he's gone.

I agree with you about massive. He's probably the least active, so we don't know very much about him.

Really, we hear a
lot
from you and Muerrto, and I don't particularly suspect either of you.

What's interesting about q21 is that he replaced Demonking (remember him?), who was our prime suspect back in the first few pages. Suspicion of him seems to have completely dropped since then. Just something to keep in mind...

There's no one at the moment who jumps out at me as scummy. Maybe I'll reread a little bit while we're waiting for Day 3...
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Litral »

Litral wrote:@SA: I see you're a bit confused about the "active lurker" argument. To me it's one of the better arguments out there.
Well, to clarify, I don't think you are actively lurking, SA; but the argument is a good one that can be used to find scum.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

End of Day 2 Vote Count

W!nt3r - 4 (q21, Muerrto, massive, W!nt3r)

Litral - 1 (shaka!!)

Not Voting - 2 (Litral, Super Archivist)

4 to Lynch.

Note: Massive did not unvote before voting W!nt3r, so his vote should not count, but I am going to let it stand considering the amount of animosity I see floating through the thread. Hopefully you guys will come back for Day 3 with a better outlook.

My apologies for being late with this, RL has been hectic the last 72 hours.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Tempers flare, and W!nt3r winds up with a noose around his neck. Hopefully the town can keep from self-destructing before catching the scumz...

W!nt3r
Townie
, Lynched Day 2

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices by the end of the day Friday, May 16th .

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Poor massive, it looks like he won't be joining the deliberations any more...

massive,
Cop
, Killed Night 2

Day 3 has begun. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Muerrto »

Ok...so he didn't get a guilty result night 1 or else he would've spoken up. Which means he got an innocent, most likely on Litral but I'm gonna re-read to see.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Litral »

I don't think he confirmed me. I'm pretty sure the innocent result was on a certain person... but I won't bring this up unless he's close to being lynched, just so the scum doesn't get a confirmed innocent to slay.

I'd love to see shaka!!'s opinion on the others.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Muerrto »

Well...he voted Snafoo/Winter. He still wanted SA dead all day tho. He questioned Q21 and Shaka both a couple times. He even asked me why I was not suspiscious of Shaka.

That leaves you. Not to confirm an innocent but it's quite obvious.

That said I'd be good with an SA lynch today since Massive's been confirmed and he liked killing him.

Let's take our time tho, we only have 2 tries left. I'd like to hear something from the lurkers.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:28 am

Bwa?

Now that our main lurker is dead (and turned out to be the cop), I'm most suspicious of shaka!! and q21. Discrimination against replacements? Maybe... But like I said before, remember how Demonking/q21 was our main suspect back at the beginning? Admittedly, that's about all I have against him, though. I'm more worried about shaka!!. He came in as super anti-Litral, and then kinda disappeared...

The only other people still alive are Litral, Muerrto, and me... In my defense, massive's death makes me look BAD. You can say WIFOM all you want, but if I was mafia, I really would not want to do that... x_x

And I guess Litral and Muerrto shouldn't be ignored, but neither strike me as scum. But since the main goal of the mafia is to blend in, that's kind of a given. Still not very suspicious of them, though.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”