xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:53 am

Post by xofelf »

Macavenger wrote:SoW: What gives you the impression that he's eager to lynch people? Why is attacking people he finds suspicious bad? Is posting really long posts bad?

Well it seems to me that he is attacking everyone and isn't really sticking to one person. And long posts aren't bad, it's just trying to read through them when you replace that makes them bad.
Macavenger wrote:DBE: What do you think of DBE's other scummy actions? The defensiveness could be just a newb tell, sure, but a lot of the other scum tells are more likely to be accurate if she doesn't know they're tells.
you have a point, she
does
have other scummy actions...i just haven't looked into them yet. and you have a point, if she doesn't know that they're scum tells, she is more likely to accidently do them.(i hope that makes sense)
Macavenger wrote:Me: What in my posts makes you think I could be scum? Also, if you don't like reading long posts, I recommend avoiding games with me in them. :P
I didn't say that i thought you were scum, i said that i'm not sure which way you go for. There's just something that, when i was reading your posts the first time, i got a bad feeling about.(
I know
this game isn't about feeling, it's supposed to be about logic, sorry)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Macavenger »

xofelf wrote:
Macavenger wrote:SoW: What gives you the impression that he's eager to lynch people? Why is attacking people he finds suspicious bad? Is posting really long posts bad?

Well it seems to me that he is attacking everyone and isn't really sticking to one person. And long posts aren't bad, it's just trying to read through them when you replace that makes them bad.
Why does attacking lots of people make him eager for a lynch? Do you think he's inconsistent, or is it possible that his suspicions were changed by new information?
xofelf wrote:
Macavenger wrote:Me: What in my posts makes you think I could be scum? Also, if you don't like reading long posts, I recommend avoiding games with me in them. :P
I didn't say that i thought you were scum, i said that i'm not sure which way you go for. There's just something that, when i was reading your posts the first time, i got a bad feeling about.(
I know
this game isn't about feeling, it's supposed to be about logic, sorry)
But saying that you're unsure of my alignment implies you see something in my posts that makes you think I could be scum. What is it?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:26 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Greasy Spot -- Too inactive to get a good reading

Travis/Elf -- Travis played it very safe and lurky which makes me suspect, didnt add much to day 1 I would like some more post from Elf to get a grip on their alignment. 50/50 town/scum

Mac -- Seems pretty townish, scum hunting ect. not totally sure on his methods but i think our L1 results speak for themselves. -- 80/20 Town/Scum

SoW -- Not too sure, does seem to be trying too hard and was inactive for the latter part of day 1 with no explination. 50/50 town/scum

Tajo - Possible scum, seemed to really be against the Malth/Smoke lynch, but then again he was mainly doubtful for the reasons I was, which were Mac's reaction tester, which we now know works quite well. 70/30 town/scum

Amor -- Seems probably the most scummy to me, Hostile, and readily jumps on newbies who make easy targets, I have some posts I wanna quote of his I will do so Momentarily. 30/70 town/scum

Goborage -- seems pretty genuinely town, was scum hunting and actually thought about the lynch on smoke before bandwagoning, 80/20 town/scum

Coheed - Added hardly anything useful to the hunt, bandwagoned and lurked a good bit, not getting very good town vibes from him 70/30 town/scum

Rice -- Also seems very pro-town to me, lots of scum hunting and general desire to see the scum caught. 80/20 scum/town

(did I miss anyone?)

MY actions have little excuse yesterday except that it all went by kinda fats in that we were focused on one person for the majority of the day and I was doubting Mac's tactics, which I shan't do again.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:28 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

EBOWP

that should be 30/70 town/scum on coheed
Show
you done goofed.

CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

No access until Monday May 19th [[may 2-4 woot woot]]
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by goborage »

Vote: popular
I'm going to go with what I perceive as common sense (chances are scum wouldn't want to vote for their buddy). Of the two folks who didn't vote for malth, I'd say popular is the more suspicious of the two. popular's post after the lynch and his vote for DBE seem like a buddying attempt (to town and to Mac), especially after his determined and prolonged attack on Mac.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

xofelf wrote:ok, i've been reading through things and i think:
Shepherd_of_Wolves: is a little too eager to attack and lynch people. And posts
really
long posts that you have to read carefully to get.
xofelf wrote:

I think that you are just echoing others in how you are labeling me. I only voted for two people in all of day one. Travis (which is now you) and Malthusis. When I changed my vote, I spelt out my reason very clearly that he had the most suspect behavior of all, something more concrete. Whereas, my vote for Travis was part random, part pressure, and mostly because of his useless posts. Now, you replace him and so you have to account for the things I did not like about him. Do not worry, I will give you a fair chance, but I did not like his lurking, lack of scum hunting, and final flunk out (especially in the heat of the day when Malthusis flunked out too).

Once I voted for Malthusis, I stuck it out the entire day, what do you mean that I am not "really sticking to one person". Tell me who really stuck to one person all day. Maybe you will point out that Macavenger stuck it to Malthusis all day. But, he is one person. Okay, so Coheed did too, but in general every one else flip flopped on day one. Look at Darlablueeyes if you want to talk about not sticking to her guns. She jumped around everywhere, and she mostly did it with the winds of town. I made a pick and stuck with it. Sure, I inquired into a few players. What the heck is wrong with inquiring into multiply players (especially on day 1)? Tell me.

The three most disturbing players currently to me are DBE, Popular, and Xofelf. Xofelf, you sound just like an echo so far, nothing original has yet been posted. This is my first real game. But, you do not see me making a big deal about it in almost half of my posts like Darla.
Darla plays this "newbie" card like it is the trump all for excusing her behavior.
You come in and echo her in that, along with Popular and Goborage. She is new.
I think her over emphasis on that fact is further scumtelling.
Most likely, I will be joining her lynch wagon today. I am making my intentions clear, but I am not ready just yet. I want the day to progress a little more before joining on. This is my first time arriving at day two because I had to end on day one in the game that I played.

To explain why I have not posted as much at day 1 conclussion. First, the conversation was sluggish when I was checking the game. Second, Smoke never posted, we were all stalled in some measure by Malthusis. And, further, I helped town get the extra free extension by my post. So, I made a very valuable contribution. Third, my wife had her birthday over the weekend and it was mother's day. By the time I came back, day 1 was done. So, there you have my explanation. Now, classes have started for the summer and I am working more hours during the summer. My wife does not want me spending too much time reading and writing in this game when she only has a limited amount of time with me in the evenings. So, I have to post when I can.
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Amor »

Darla, what newbies have I jumped on, other than you? I was fairly ambivalent about Malthusius if you'll remember. And I really don't think newness is a sensible explanation for defending everyone like you have been.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:54 am

Post by populartajo »

[quote="Sheherd] I agree with the Darla wagon FoS: Darla. However, I am not ready to make it wagon of 4 or more until I reread. Xofelf is suspect to me because of Travis' playing style, or lack thereof. So, I will be watching you today. [/quote]
Wouldnt Shepherd the scumhunter vote for Darla? Why does he need a reread? Why dont I like this guy?
Darla wrote:Tajo - Possible scum, seemed to really be against the Malth/Smoke lynch, but then again he was mainly doubtful for the reasons I was, which were Mac's reaction tester, which we now know works quite well. 70/30 town/scum
How am I "possible scum" and I am 70/30 town/scum?
Also, his reaction tester doesnt work. But Im going to stop arguing since Mac says he isnt going to use it anymore, right?
gob wrote:Vote: popular I'm going to go with what I perceive as common sense (chances are scum wouldn't want to vote for their buddy). Of the two folks who didn't vote for malth, I'd say popular is the more suspicious of the two. popular's post after the lynch and his vote for DBE seem like a buddying attempt (to town and to Mac), especially after his determined and prolonged attack on Mac.
Interesting post. Ive seen scum voting for their buddys a million times. Do you sincerely think there isnt a scum in Mal's wagon? And, do you think Darla is innocent?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:54 am

Post by populartajo »

EBWOP: I so hate "" when this happens.
[quote="Shepherd] I agree with the Darla wagon FoS: Darla. However, I am not ready to make it wagon of 4 or more until I reread. Xofelf is suspect to me because of Travis' playing style, or lack thereof. So, I will be watching you today. [/quote]
Wouldnt Shepherd the scumhunter vote for Darla? Why does he need a reread? Why dont I like this guy?
Darla wrote:Tajo - Possible scum, seemed to really be against the Malth/Smoke lynch, but then again he was mainly doubtful for the reasons I was, which were Mac's reaction tester, which we now know works quite well. 70/30 town/scum
Also, his reaction tester doesnt work. But Im going to stop arguing since Mac says he isnt going to use it anymore, right?
gob wrote:Vote: popular I'm going to go with what I perceive as common sense (chances are scum wouldn't want to vote for their buddy). Of the two folks who didn't vote for malth, I'd say popular is the more suspicious of the two. popular's post after the lynch and his vote for DBE seem like a buddying attempt (to town and to Mac), especially after his determined and prolonged attack on Mac.
Interesting post. Ive seen scum voting for their buddys a million times. Do you sincerely think there isnt a scum in Mal's wagon? And, do you think Darla is innocent?[/quote]
Call me Tajo.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Macavenger »

goborage wrote:
Vote: popular
I'm going to go with what I perceive as common sense (chances are scum wouldn't want to vote for their buddy). Of the two folks who didn't vote for malth, I'd say popular is the more suspicious of the two. popular's post after the lynch and his vote for DBE seem like a buddying attempt (to town and to Mac), especially after his determined and prolonged attack on Mac.
I endorse this product or service.
populartajo wrote:Wouldnt Shepherd the scumhunter vote for Darla? Why does he need a reread? Why dont I like this guy?
No idea why you don't like him, really. I don't see his not voting as out of character; he was quite deliberate with his vote yesterday too.
populartajo wrote:Also, his reaction tester doesnt work. But Im going to stop arguing since Mac says he isnt going to use it anymore, right?
Well, not as such, no. However, given that it no longer has any real relevance to this game, I'd suggest Mafia Discussion would be the correct forum to talk about it in. Preferably after this game is over, as without being able to link to the context it's used in would make discussing it difficult. The context is very important, and certainly makes it something I won't use regularly.

Anyway, now that I'm caught up in my new replacement game and elsewhere, some thoughts about how the end of yesterday.

Off the wagon:

Greasy Spot's replacement request looks quite genuine, so I'm not going to hold being off the wagon against him. Overall, no read due to lack of content. Would like to see participation today.

Amor being off the wagon is a little fishy, since he talked a good line about needing a lynch and Og being better than no lynch, but vanished a couple days before deadline and left his vote on DBE. Can't help but see this as a bit scummy. Still not at the top of my list, but on the scummy side of neutral.

Travis flaked, so I can't really hold being off the wagon against Xofelf. Again, still not enough content here to make much of a decision yet.

populartajo being off the wagon reinforces the idea that he could be scum. I put forth most of my reasoning for this yesterday, I think. Good bandwagon target for today. I may move my vote here from DBE after thinking about it more.

Couple things on the wagon that caught my attention:

Despite the possibility of bussing, I consider DBE's vote a mild town tell. Mild because if scum, she could still hope he wasn't hammered, and probably knew I'd be jumping all over her today if a lack of her vote caused a no lynch. It certainly doesn't cancel out her other scumtells, but is a point in her favor worth considering.

goborage voting with reasoning seems townlike, as does his vote and reasoning for populartajo today. Still not ruling out the possibility he could be scum, but he's moving back towards neutral. Would still like to see better participation today.

Coheed making a point of voting for OG when I pointed out how we needed to vote is a bit odd, considering he was already voting her. Could be scum making a point of being seen on his buddy's wagon. This is a relatively small thing, but combined with how he lurked through most of Day 1, I think Coheed is worth keeping a close eye on.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Amor »

SoW, you may as well vote for Darla is you think she's scum. There are only 3 votes on her right now and it's 6 to lynch. If something comes up later in the day you can always take your vote off.

As for me being off the wagon, I would have hammered if we were right up against the deadline, but I wanted to give OG time to claim. caf just got there before me.
Show

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

populartajo wrote:
Macavenger wrote:I'm not going to bother arguing with populartajo about my scumhunting anymore; Malthusis/OG's alignment should clear up any remaining questions about that.
Lucky Malthius was scum, Mac. I would have defintely pushed your lynch today if Malthius had come up town. I guess I was somehow traumatized with my first game and that helped to heat the argument. However, that doesnt mean you're going to be that lucky everytime. Just to finish this argument, do you sincerely think Malthius was lynched for your famous reaction?
And Im sure anyone can make a good case against Darla, now that we know Malthius allignment. I feel she's a good lynch. Just read her posts knowing that Mal is a werewolf and you'll notice that.
Just in her case and rereading, Im going to acept I was pretty dumb defending her.
Vote : DBE
Okay, now it is your turn to give a case for why you have flipped face on your stand for Darla. How does Malthusis identity all the sudden make you do a full 180 on your defense for Darla. I think you have some explaining to do. I am tired of you gut feelings and vibes. You have a double standard. You constantly have a feeling about me. So, I get under your skin. Oh, its the wrong thing to do because its done to you. Further, you just had a gut feeling that Darla was innocent. Now you flip face with little to no explanation. Anytime some makes any accusations or inquires, especially about you, you always demand "why do suspect". Well, if you are going to actually take a stand, then do not be so double crossed and give no explanation. If it is one of you gut feelings again, then you loose all creditability with me. You better have logic and arguments.

I think that you are running from the possible trifecta argument. Not necessarily because Darla was involved in the trifecta, but because Malthusis turned scum. You want to distance yourself from Malthusis as much as possible and part of that is distancing from his second defender, Darla. You seem scum enough to me that it warrents my vote.
VOTE: Populartajo
populartajo wrote:
Sheherd wrote: I agree with the Darla wagon FoS: Darla. However, I am not ready to make it wagon of 4 or more until I reread. Xofelf is suspect to me because of Travis' playing style, or lack thereof. So, I will be watching you today.
Interesting post. Ive seen scum voting for their buddys a million times. Do you sincerely think there isnt a scum in Mal's wagon? And, do you think Darla is innocent?
Why should I not reread? I need to reconsidered how things play together now that Malthusis has turned up scum. I need to look for the subtle hints in the posts of day 1. You are the one who is labeling me as too eager to scum hunt. Sure, others have followed suit, but you started the label in post 76. I still think that you are worried that I have come on to you. That is why its all about feeling that I am too eager.

Goborage has a good point that you are trying to flip face with Macavanger too. You now want to look like you are on his side. I think you want to attach yourself to someone who is most likely seen as town. There is more, but this starts to show my dislike for your behavior. Again, here are details, not just gut feelings.
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:16 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

populartajo wrote: How am I "possible scum" and I am 70/30 town/scum?
Sorry I have moments of dyslexia. That should be inverted.

If I am being honest after a re-read I don't think amor is scum because he is just too hostile/die scum to now be town imo.

I would like more posts from xoelf because I just can't get a reading from her and I kinda get a sneaky suspicion that she may be lurking for a reason.
Show
you done goofed.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by populartajo »

Mac wrote:populartajo being off the wagon reinforces the idea that he could be scum. I put forth most of my reasoning for this yesterday, I think. Good bandwagon target for today. I may move my vote here from DBE after thinking about it more.
Mac, Im asking you the same question I asked to Gobororage. Do you sincerely think that there isnt a scum (or maybe both) in Malthius wagon? And I was off the wagon for many reasons. I guess it should be obvious. I think the principal reason is that I was still thinking that Mac could be scum (use of unorthodox methods) and therefore Mal and Darla would be innocent (just for the fact that Mac could be scum and that Ive seen many newbies acting scummy). Part of my siding with them all D1 is exactly all due to this. Please, notice how as the game progresses the discussion shifts to only a dislike of Mac's logic and that Mal could be scum. If you understand my reasoning then you would understand why I didnt vote.
Shepherd wrote:Okay, now it is your turn to give a case for why you have flipped face on your stand for Darla. How does Malthusis identity all the sudden make you do a full 180 on your defense for Darla.
a)He was scum. b)He has scumpartners c)I was wrong.
Shepherd wrote:Anytime some makes any accusations or inquires, especially about you, you always demand "why do suspect". Well, if you are going to actually take a stand, then do not be so double crossed and give no explanation. If it is one of you gut feelings again, then you loose all creditability with me. You better have logic and arguments.
I do use logic and arguments. I was the only one that took the opposite side all D1 and I did it with arguments. Im fine with that because I feel my resoning is valid. Today is diiferent, what do you want me to do? Still defend Darla? Obv not. Malthius coming up scum pretty much confirms her as scumpartner. Do you want arguments? Bleh, go to the little menu down the page, click to watch only Darla's posts all D1 and realize the evolution of his posts,
but knowing Mal was a werewolf
. I thought a scumhunter like you would already have noticed that.
Shepherd wrote:Why should I not reread? I need to reconsidered how things play together now that Malthusis has turned up scum. I need to look for the subtle hints in the posts of day 1. You are the one who is labeling me as too eager to scum hunt. Sure, others have followed suit, but you started the label in post 76. I still think that you are worried that I have come on to you. That is why its all about feeling that I am too eager.
I was thinking that someone too eager like you would have voted for Darla instead of FoSing her. Did you reread when voting for me? And if others agree with my labels, then there must be something. Deal with them, I dont control their postings.
Shepherd wrote:Goborage has a good point that you are trying to flip face with Macavanger too. You now want to look like you are on his side. I think you want to attach yourself to someone who is most likely seen as town. There is more, but this starts to show my dislike for your behavior. Again, here are details, not just gut feelings.
Voting for Darla is my lame attempt to blend with Macavenger? Where did this happen? Can you people read what Darla has done all D1 and again, knowing that Mal was a werewolf?
Call me Tajo.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Macavenger »

populartajo wrote:Mac, Im asking you the same question I asked to Gobororage. Do you sincerely think that there isnt a scum (or maybe both) in Malthius wagon?
Obviously not, since I'm voting Darla right now. There's a good chance at least one scum was also off the wagon, though.
populartajo wrote:And I was off the wagon for many reasons. I guess it should be obvious. I think the principal reason is that I was still thinking that Mac could be scum (use of unorthodox methods) and therefore Mal and Darla would be innocent (just for the fact that Mac could be scum and that Ive seen many newbies acting scummy). Part of my siding with them all D1 is exactly all due to this. Please, notice how as the game progresses the discussion shifts to only a dislike of Mac's logic and that Mal could be scum. If you understand my reasoning then you would understand why I didnt vote.
But, you said yesterday you agreed Malthusis was scummy independent of my test. Doesn't that make him better than a no lynch? Why would a no lynch have been better than a Malthusis lynch?
populartajo wrote:I do use logic and arguments. I was the only one that took the opposite side all D1 and I did it with arguments. Im fine with that because I feel my resoning is valid. Today is diiferent, what do you want me to do? Still defend Darla? Obv not. Malthius coming up scum pretty much confirms her as scumpartner. Do you want arguments? Bleh, go to the little menu down the page, click to watch only Darla's posts all D1 and realize the evolution of his posts,
Why does Malthusis alignment confirm Darla's? Why was she newbie yesterday, but scum today? Have you never mistakenly defended a scum as town?
populartajo wrote:And if others agree with my labels, then there must be something. Deal with them, I dont control their postings.
Many people have agreed with bad ideas that were repeated over and over throughout history. The fact is that repeating something over and over is a great way to paint a false impression in peoples' minds. It's a common propaganda technique, and is basically what you're doing here. You've never cited a good reason for being suspicious of Shepherd that I've seen, you just keep saying over and over that you don't like him.

Unvote; Fos: populartajo, DarlaBlueEyes

Want more answers from tajo before I decide which wagon is better today at this point.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

Macavenger wrote:
populartajo wrote:Mac, Im asking you the same question I asked to Gobororage. Do you sincerely think that there isnt a scum (or maybe both) in Malthius wagon?
Obviously not, since I'm voting Darla right now. There's a good chance at least one scum was also off the wagon, though.
I agree. But my common sense tells me that there's at least one scum in the wagon, maybe, maybe both. Mac, you have to realize that Mal was being the obvious D1 lynch too early in the game. Scum knew that he was probably going to be lynched. Have you ever heard of busing?
populartajo wrote:And I was off the wagon for many reasons. I guess it should be obvious. I think the principal reason is that I was still thinking that Mac could be scum (use of unorthodox methods) and therefore Mal and Darla would be innocent (just for the fact that Mac could be scum and that Ive seen many newbies acting scummy). Part of my siding with them all D1 is exactly all due to this. Please, notice how as the game progresses the discussion shifts to only a dislike of Mac's logic and that Mal could be scum. If you understand my reasoning then you would understand why I didnt vote.
But, you said yesterday you agreed Malthusis was scummy independent of my test. Doesn't that make him better than a no lynch? Why would a no lynch have been better than a Malthusis lynch?
First I dont know what's the problem in our agreement of Malthius scummyness. I didnt vote for him because as well he could be scum, you could have been too. Today results change things a bit. Notice my first post of D2. "If Mal had come up town then Id be in your ass"
Second, when did I say that I wanted a no lynch? Its the first time you're puting words in my mouth. Why? I was going to be here before deadline and I would have definitely voted Malthusis if he only needed one more vote. What's your problem?
populartajo wrote:I do use logic and arguments. I was the only one that took the opposite side all D1 and I did it with arguments. Im fine with that because I feel my resoning is valid. Today is diiferent, what do you want me to do? Still defend Darla? Obv not. Malthius coming up scum pretty much confirms her as scumpartner. Do you want arguments? Bleh, go to the little menu down the page, click to watch only Darla's posts all D1 and realize the evolution of his posts,
Why does Malthusis alignment confirm Darla's? Why was she newbie yesterday, but scum today? Have you never mistakenly defended a scum as town?
Mac, Malthusis was scum. Why your first vote of the day is a vote for her? Probably for the same reasons as mine. If Mal would have been town would you have voted for her? Obv, not. Mac, dont make me quote his posts. And Ive defended scum many times, specially newbie ones.

populartajo wrote:And if others agree with my labels, then there must be something. Deal with them, I dont control their postings.
Many people have agreed with bad ideas that were repeated over and over throughout history. The fact is that repeating something over and over is a great way to paint a false impression in peoples' minds. It's a common propaganda technique, and is basically what you're doing here. You've never cited a good reason for being suspicious of Shepherd that I've seen, you just keep saying over and over that you don't like him.
Many people have noticed that theres something off in Shepherd's scumhunting. I dont know why repeating a bad idea could make people realize what Im seeing. Propaganda? Mac, you're subestimating people here. If they're seeing then there must be something, prob his playstyle, I dont know. Today results change things dramatically but why dont you ask them if they believe in Shepherd's eagerness just for me?
Mac, try the bold. Wee.
Call me Tajo.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Limited access this weekend, my have time to get a post up in this game but don't count on anything until Monday.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Votecount

DarlaBlueEyes (2) - Amor, populartajo
populartajo (2) - goborage, Shepherd_of_Wolves

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch!
Last edited by Cogito Ergo Scum on Sat May 17, 2008 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Due to RL issues, will be LA for a while.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

24 hours and no posts? Pick it up, guys.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:56 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I will also have less acess till mon or tues, Will try to get a post in tonight
Show
you done goofed.

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:40 am

Post by goborage »

@popular: I'll acknowledge there is a possibility that there are scum on Mal's BW but I still think it's way more likely that they are off it. To make it clear, yes, I think your behaviour is more suspicious than Darla's.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Amor »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:If I am being honest after a re-read I don't think amor is scum because he is just too hostile/die scum to now be town imo.
So... do you think I'm scum or not?

Of the exchange between Mac and tajo, I'm siding with Mac here. tajo, your about-face is suspicious and doesn't make a lot of sense. Clearly on D1 you thought Darla was town as well as Malthusius. Town-Darla doesn't know Malthusius's alignment, but she thinks he is also town so she defends him. (Or, as she seems to be claiming, she defends him because she likes defending people.) Malthusius can be scum while Town-Darla still thinks he's innocent. You said that you thought Darla was just making newbie mistakes... couldn't defending someone who turns out to be scum also be a newbie mistake?

At no point on Day 1 did you suggest that Darla's defending was scummy, nor did you say that her and Malthusius seemed too connected. Based on the logic used in your previous posts it is a huge leap to say that Malthusius turning up scum makes Darla look like scum. If Darla looked town before, why can't she now be town who mistakenly defended scum?

Note that I'm not defending Darla, I'm just pointing out that from your previously perspective Malth's flip doesn't logically make her scum. This reeks of distancing to me. Would all three scum defend each other? I would generally say not, but they might rely on the WIFOM potential of such an act, or it could just be newb scum.

FoS:populartajo
Show

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by populartajo »

Ok. Guys. You have to realize that I made a mistake defending her at D1. I already accepted that. How did I realize this? Checking the results of today and REREADING THE GAME KNOWING MAL WAS SCUM. About defending her, why cant I be wrong? I usually defend newbies. I was one too and I know what is to be suspected for a big majority and how hard is to defend against mounstrousos posts. Now you have to realize that Malthius was scum and that Darla is still a newbie regardless allignment. So my read on her NOW is that she's his most possible scumpartner. I fully believe this.
I know the change is dramatic but its just common sense. Some people, Macavenger included, voted inmediately for her. I can understand your suspicions about my case but please understand this.
Darla has been following me in some of my reasoning all D1. I saw this as lack of confidence as a townie, as I said before, but now that we know Mal's allignment I can see this as a way to blend with me in my Malthusis defense and my Macavenger attack.
Darla wrote:Being that I am also a newbie aside, I really am thinking that Malth's reactions are newbie based, I mean I was just as jumpy and reactionary in my first few game posts.
Darla wrote:unvote Amor; Vote: Macavenger
Your responses lend nothing that helpful thus far, a possible scum tell. All you have done is implicate Math, instead of looking at others as well, One liner responses are far from helpful for the town.
Darla wrote:Is it not possible that malth is a nervous Vanilla? or a Cop or something who it will harm the town to kill?
If Mac can convince me otherwise of his scummy/not scummy-ness, and I see more scumtells from Malth, I just might vote for him, but not yet. I am not convinced.
She's basically doing the same thing I was doing. Defending Mal and atacking Mac. The only difference. She did it LATER.
Now, Malthusis is lurking, winning scummy points and I guess his scumpartners are having a hard time deciding if it's worth to defend him while at the same time not bringing the suspicions to their asses.
Darla wrote:Malth, You can really recover here by working with us to find scum like said above you seem more focused on defending than hunting, and im afraid that does make me suspect you somewhat.
and I am pretty pleased with your explanations Mac,
unvote
Darla wrote:Now I will admit Malth is on my radar now, but as said above I am still not convinced. (on anyone)
Darla wrote:and I agree, Mal this is your one chance to clear your name and help me make up my mind.
Malthius is lurking to death and Darla realizes that he´s possibly the lynch for the day.
Darla wrote:However he hasn't given me anything positive to work with since I began defending him. Which makes me believe we should go ahead and lynch or at very least turn the heat on high.
Darla wrote:I was re-reading as well and noticing how stupid my defending of Mal was, because of the 'major' FoS he placed.
The logic behind it was a bit iffy, but I just don't see a strong enough case against him just yet.

I dont find anyone to be overtly scummy at this point in the game, although Mal's absence from the thread really puts a damper on my doubts.
FoS Mal. For not coming in here and posting to all these questions.
Darla wrote:anyways I am pretty much set on a Mal lynch, I would like one more post or a replacement's post before I make a vote or Hammer.
OG Smokedank replaces and maybe maybe its time for another oportunity.
Darla wrote:welcom Smoke....sorry its not a better time for you to replace in. Malth didn't leave you in such a hot position. When you read up I'd like to get your thoughts on stuff so far, who you suspect and such.
Darla wrote:I am willing to hammer smoke if it comes to that, but I really hope to get a reply from her first.
My only reasoning is that other than
a really dumb play on Malth's part
early on then going into lurkdom
Darla wrote:Again I'm not saying Malth/OG AREN'T Scum, I'm Saying I don't think we have as much proof as mac is leading us to believe. Still Willing to hammer as we really don't need a no-lynch, but I had to put that out there.
OG also lurks and now its time to get rid of the dumb scumpartner. Darla is willing to hammer.
Darla wrote:I was hoping that she'd post and I'd feel better for my defense but now I am pretty sure she is scum. Malth dug her into a pit and she doesn't know how to get out.
Finally. WIFOM only she could have thought of.
Darla wrote:I think we should be examining them first. Maybe I am just that new but why would I as scum kill my own partner? :/
Ok, guys. Now do you see what I see?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”