Newbie 595 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Out of Shaka, Q21, and SA(our only suspects IMO because I know myself and Massive cleared Litral pretty much) I'd rather lynch SA first.

Not saying it's 100% you're scum, but close.

Official Vote Count

Not Voting - 5 (q21, Litral, Muerrto, shaka!!, Super Archivist)

3 to Lynch.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Litral »

Ah, I didn't want to play that card so soon, but yeah. The innocent is definitely me, and I figured out massive was cop before shaka!! came in. It was kinda obvious when he suddenly jumped in when everyone was suspecting me and said that I wasn't suspicious at all and there are no good points against me, and that he would rather find the real scum. I was really alarmed by his comment, so I asked him to clarify... and then tried to cast suspicion on him. Well, didn't work.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Yeah, if it was more subtle I'd have let it stay unsaid but Massive was killed for a reason. That's why SA's WIFOM about not killing Massive because it'd make him look bad is useless because whoever is scum HAD to kill Massive.

So I'd like to hear from Q and Shaka but I'm pretty okay with a SA lynch today. If we're somehow wrong we still have the next day at LYLO as a last resort.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Super Archivist »

I had no idea massive was a cop. But looking back, that explains his lurking and low profile...

Let's clear this up, though. He only had one chance to investigate someone (the night Walnut was killed). He would have had another chance just now, but he was killed. Anyway, Litral would be an obvious choice for him to investigate, because he posts so much and was FOSed by several people awhile ago (Muerrto and shaka!!, most notably). But why would he look up me? No one really started blaming me until the second day, and if he looked up Litral, he couldn't have looked me up too (and obviously, he didn't).

So, if you're suspecting me based on massive, and you're also confirming Litral as town based on massive... It just doesn't work. He couldn't have investigated us both. And I'm 100% sure he didn't investigate me. Like I said earlier, why would he? At the only time he had a chance to investigate, I was nowhere near the prime suspect.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Muerrto »

No. I said he investigated Litral at night. I said I liked lynching you because I can trust Massive's posts because he's confirmed town.

Obviously Massive checked Litral after the Mike thing. But he seemed to like lynching you and not me or Litral so I'm going with what a confirmed town IC said.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Being a town IC doesn't make him right. He can make mistakes just like anyone else.... I'm pretty sure he was planning on investigating me last night because of his suspicions, but he didn't get to. Which is really bad for me (and the rest of the town), and good for the mafia. >_>

Question: If massive sent an investigation request before the mafia killed him, would he get a reply before he died? Or does Vel wait for both PMs before responding?

(Yeah, I know he can't say anything, but I'm curious nonetheless...)

Normally I wait until everything is in before issuing responses.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by Muerrto »

True he can make mistakes. But being confirmed town means he can't lie, or buss, or frame etc. So we can TRUST his posts. I didn't say take them as gospel, I said TRUST.

Since he's an IC and has experience, and since he nailed me as scum in my first loss EVER as scum(grrr) I also trust his judgment and playing ability.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 5:52 pm

I suppose... But I'm telling you
this
is a mistake. :wink:
I'm partially to blame as well, for apparently making myself look guilty... But still, it's a
newbie game
. Isn't newbie-ness expected?

Anyway, q21 and shaka!! need to show up.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Also (sorry for the double post), I just noticed that me and Litral are the only newbies left in this game. Everyone else is an IC. And two of them are replacements. Some newbie game, huh? :roll:
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Litral »

Formally, q21 is a newbie too. We started with 6/9 newbies, now it's 3/5. Not much of a difference. :lol:
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Oh, really? I didn't know. Guess you're right. :wink:

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Not much to say until q21 and shaka!! arrive, I guess.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by q21 »

Personally I feel it is narrowed down to two suspects now. Litral is just about cleared by Massive's comments about not being willing to lynch him. Muerrto's willingness to get lynched when it would have meant a loss for him were he scum makes me think town very much. And I know my own alignment.

That leaves SA and shaka!!. Of those two I feel SA is our best bet. He's been lurking for large portions of the game and he was willing to get on the lynch Muerrto-then-Litral/Litral-then-Muerrto plan without any questions asked.

Before I vote, though, I would like to see what shaka!! has to say too.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by Litral »

Strangely enough, I feel that both points also fit you...
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:06 am

Post by q21 »

Possibly the lurker point. Although the longest I've been missing from the thread was from Mon May 5 to Saturday May 10, before this period I quite clearly stated that I would be busy. I don't feel the rest of m y play has been lurkerish.

I don't think the other point applies to me, I never voted for either you or Muerrto. I don't see how that is jumping on that plan with no questions asked.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Litral »

Well, the point has been done to death, really.

Your explaining post:
q21 wrote:I thought it was implicit from the fact that I stated that I suspect you most that I'd rather lynch you. I never said that carrying out that strategy then and there was good -
actually I think I said that lynching either of you before others contributed would be bad... yep, I did. I did say in an earlier post that if some of the other ICs arrived and agreed I'd probably go along with it.
I'd still like to know what the other ICs think of the strategy.

In answer, no I will not offer an explanation as to why I think the strategy is
good
, I don't really. I've agreed that the confirmed innocence of one of yourself or Muerrto would point at the other. I have never agreed that we should just lynch one of you straight away to find out. If the day progresses without anyone else looking scummy then it possibly becomes an option... but not yet.
Earlier post:
q21 wrote:I agree that you idea is essentially
sound
. BUT I don't want to go into day 3 with some people having hardly checked in, let alone contributed.
If massive also agrees I would probably go through with it.
Possible scum translation: Okay, this is really good for me. But I need one more person for this to work. Hey, massive has been posting lately, I'll try to get him to go along with the plan. Now to say something so they won't suspect my bandwagoning.

Possible townie translation: They're fighting too hard, it's likely one of them is scum trying to lynch a townie. Okay, let's lynch both of them, we must certainly hit the scum then.

Either is possible.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Post by q21 »

Litral wrote:Well, the point has been done to death, really.

Your explaining post:
q21 wrote:I thought it was implicit from the fact that I stated that I suspect you most that I'd rather lynch you. I never said that carrying out that strategy then and there was good -
actually I think I said that lynching either of you before others contributed would be bad... yep, I did. I did say in an earlier post that if some of the other ICs arrived and agreed I'd probably go along with it.
I'd still like to know what the other ICs think of the strategy.

In answer, no I will not offer an explanation as to why I think the strategy is
good
, I don't really. I've agreed that the confirmed innocence of one of yourself or Muerrto would point at the other. I have never agreed that we should just lynch one of you straight away to find out. If the day progresses without anyone else looking scummy then it possibly becomes an option... but not yet.
You underlined good like it was me saying that it was good, but the next few words in the sentence go on to say that that is not in fact what I thought. Maybe that sentence should have been written like this: "In answer, no I will not offer an explanation as to why I think the strategy is good, because I don't really think it is good.

Earlier post:
Litral wrote:
q21 wrote:I agree that you idea is essentially
sound
. BUT I don't want to go into day 3 with some people having hardly checked in, let alone contributed.
If massive also agrees I would probably go through with it.
Possible scum translation: Okay, this is really good for me. But I need one more person for this to work. Hey, massive has been posting lately, I'll try to get him to go along with the plan. Now to say something so they won't suspect my bandwagoning.

Possible townie translation: They're fighting too hard, it's likely one of them is scum trying to lynch a townie. Okay, let's lynch both of them, we must certainly hit the scum then.

Either is possible.
The
idea
that a town result on either of you would be a pointer at the other and the proposed
plan
of lynching one of you then and there are different things in my mind. The idea I did agree with in theory, the plan I was not so sure of hence:

Actual Translation: Massive is an IC who I don't think is scummy, I'd like to know what he thinks of the situation. IF he agrees I would probably go along with it.

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Litral »

Nah, I underlined good to show that there was a contradiction between your later explanation "I don't think it is good" to your earlier "It's a sound idea".

And well-explained.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Litral »

Eh, I realize I might have sounded a bit sarcastic there. No, I'm not being sarcastic, I really think you've explained as well as you can, and there is no point in pushing this further.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Muerrto »

I'd lynch SA before Q21 or Shaka I think. We need more from Shaka tho since Shaka=Starkmoon. Starkmoon had a reason to not be here, Shaka doesn't and is making me question Starkmoon's reason which is bad if she was legit(and since she had someone else post for her the first day I assume she was). But Shaka needs to show up or be replaced.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:58 am

q21, I haven't been lurking for large portions of the game. I'm not at the computer all the time, and I don't always have something to say when I am. You can say that practically anyone has been lurking (except for Litral and Muerrto... for obvious reasons), but the truth is, some people are more available than others for this stuff. It also looks like people are lurking when they're not, because usually a lot of posts happen in a short period of time, so there can be a whole page of just two people posting over the span of a few hours while everyone else is gone. I'm sorry if it looks like I'm lurking, and if my posts are lacking in content... That much is my fault.

I also agree that lurking can be somewhat of a scum tell, and its certainly suspicious. But look at snafoo, who we originally attacked for lurking. He turned out to be town. On the other hand, we lynched Mike for lurking, and he turned out to be mafia. But his circumstances were a lot more suspicious (NEVER posting, replying to his prod, and still NEVER posting). So yeah, lurking looks really suspicious, and so most people try to avoid it, but it doesn't always mean you're scum...

And about the lynch Muerrto and Litral deal... Well, you admitted that you agreed with it in theory, too. Honestly, I didn't have a good reason for doing that, and I really regret it. It was after coming home and reading a whole page of their arguments, making it look like it was a good idea. I thought that if they suspected each other
so
much, one of them
must
be on to something... And it didn't look like there were any other ideas at that point, so yeah.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Muerrto »

I wanna hear from Shaka

Mod: Prod Shaka?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Firstly, sorry for being away. What with it being the week of the ball, the after ball, my birthday and many other dramatic happenings I've been rather busy. I wasn't even aware of a lynch!

Coppers dead, should make for an interesting reread.
Super Archivist
Super Archivist
Townie
Super Archivist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:35 am

Yay, shaka!! is back! Maybe the game will pick up again!

(Just to let you know, I'm going to be gone for the next few hours. So don't think I'm lurking! >_>)
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Muerrto »

Um...content now that you're back?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by q21 »

*BUMP*

Vote Super Archivist

Maybe this will wake everyone up.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”