Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Skruffs »

Look, if MNOwax is a vig, he's not going to get recruited now anyways.

He's very very likely to be crisped or shot in one of the upcoming nights - if he can't be recruited then he's an enemy of hte cults. IF he's a cult recruitor, then he would have no reason to even say the correct person he targeted the next day - Yosarian2 is through and through a red herring, at least as far as MNOWAX's claim is concerned. He was roleblocked, he didn't target anyone, so wether he is town or scum, Yosarian was not targetted by him. If he's scum, we can't even believe that he was accurate;y claiming who he targeted. The only way he could have actually targetted would be fi someone ELSE who was a roleblcoker though Blaze was a cult recruiter, and blocked HIM. That's not come up, yet, I don't htink, and it really shouldn't unless that is exactly what happened. However, a roleblocker can't comeout with that anywyas, because that means he is no longer useful to town.

Armlx, I hate to say this, because it's' coming from ME and all, but it sounds like you are trying to make this work with your theory, and not looking at all the pieces - if that makese sense. We have to look at all the pieces and see what THEY tell us, not try to arrange the pieces to get them to say what we want.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:18 am

Post by armlx »

Skruffs:

1) How couldn't mno be recruited if he's a vig? I'm confused as to what you are saying here.

2) He has reason to claim the right target as there's possibly a tracker and getting caught in a lie = awkward. Though that does bring up a question.

MOD, if a tracker targets someone who is RB'ed, do they see them targeting the person they intended to target or see them doing nothing.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Norinel »

armlx wrote:MOD, if a tracker targets someone who is RB'ed, do they see them targeting the person they intended to target or see them doing nothing.
The tracker would see the person the blocked player intended to target.

For the sake of bumping the
Vote Count

vollkan (3) - Yosarian2, Skruffs, mnowax
mnowax (3) - armlx, SlySly, aioqwe
Skruffs (2) - springlullaby, Beep! Beep!

Not voting (4): curiouskarmadog, NabakovNabakov, the silent speaker, vollkan

7 to lynch, 4 at deadline.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Skruffs, mind reacting to my post?

aioqwe, ok, I read that line wrong.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 6:54 am

Post by armlx »

5 days till deadline......

CKD, Nabakov, tss, vollkan, please put your votes somewhere.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Skruffs »

armlx wrote:Skruffs:

1) How couldn't mno be recruited if he's a vig? I'm confused as to what you are saying here.

2) He has reason to claim the right target as there's possibly a tracker and getting caught in a lie = awkward. Though that does bring up a question.

MOD, if a tracker targets someone who is RB'ed, do they see them targeting the person they intended to target or see them doing nothing.
MNOWAX is way too public a figure to be recruited now. Cult recruiters are trying to recruit people who A) are going to help their side win and B) are not going to get killed in doing so. So reasonable, pro-town, nonbelligerent targets are very likely the targets, NOT claimed power roles. It's just too risky.

SL:
Soirry, missed your post, reacting now.
For some reason, I had a feeling that you DID play in a game with me, because I thought I had recruited you after that game to play in Contagion. I replaced you in methodical mafia, and I think you were in a newbie game that I modded. I must have gotten the impression that we'd played together from a combination of those two games. I think I Thought you were in big brother with me, but that was actually farside22.

I rescind that you should 'know' about that meta on me, you haven't played with me before, so you shouldn't necessarily know that.

That aside, is there any part of your post that you wanted me to refer to? The meta is still pretty accurate, even if it doesn't apply to you as scum, in this situation.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:08 am

Post by armlx »

Skruffs wrote:
armlx wrote:Skruffs:

MNOWAX is way too public a figure to be recruited now. Cult recruiters are trying to recruit people who A) are going to help their side win and B) are not going to get killed in doing so. So reasonable, pro-town, nonbelligerent targets are very likely the targets, NOT claimed power roles. It's just too risky.
I see. So your point is Mno will die anyways so why bother lynching him?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Skruffs »

If he's a non-recruited vig, why destroy a power role?
If he's a recruit, why 'waste' a lynch on him; for every recruit that is killed, there is possibly two more being made the next night..
If he's SK, why get rid of a Known anti-town role that can't be recruited and thus has to try to help town kill cult recruiters.
And if he's a cult recruitor, the SKs and cult recruitors BOTH want to kill him, he is an emergent threat specifically against the both of those other factions, as well as town, so it is likely that one of them are going to bite the bullet nad aim for him tonight.

My point is NOT that he will die anywyas so why bother lynching him, it's that he's been sufficiently outed that he can NO LONGER win as scum and if he IS town we shouldn't waste a lynch on him.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:04 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vote skruffs
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

D'aww so cute. I sort of thought all those big sentences would confuse someone into voting me. ^.^
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

CKD - do you think that MNOWAX is actually a cult recruiter? If not, do you think Armlxs sudden gungho-ocity towads lynching him is unusual for a player who, up until now, has been stringently against supporting any wagon that wasn't based on lynching a cult recruitor?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:27 am

Post by armlx »

Skruffs wrote:CKD - do you think that MNOWAX is actually a cult recruiter? If not, do you think Armlxs sudden gungho-ocity towads lynching him is unusual for a player who, up until now, has been stringently against supporting any wagon that wasn't based on lynching a cult recruitor?
Interested in CKD's response, but I have comments on this later.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Beep! Beep!.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by springlullaby »

I'm not liking the dynamics in this game, it feels sluggish and out of focus.

People who are not voting, vote. Bad decision is better than no decision.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Skruffs »

IT looks like a three way tie with Vollkan, MNOWAX, and me, with me as the up-and-coming lynch target since I Think I have the most people quietly trying to coerce others to vote me AND I am actively criticizing one of the other wagons.

I think Vollkan would be a cult recruit lynch,a nd I think MNOWAX would be a vig-lynch, and if you want me to claim, tell me to, don't just put votes on me.

Yes, Cow, I noticed how you just snuck that on there. Please, in addition to my last post, explain the explicit reasons that made you vote me so that it can be recorded for posterity.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Eagerness to claim = very town

unvote, vote: vollkan
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Oh, and CKD is scum... again!!!
Beep! Beep!
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Vote: mnowax

I have reservations about this, since I agree with Nab that insanity
per se
is a null tell. But Beep inherited the role I thought was most likely scum yesterday, and with him
and mnowax
and
Yosarian on the same bandwagon, I think that's a bandwago to avoid. (I don't have anything much against Yos except the minute chance that mnowax is somehow in positive IQ territory, but if he and Yos are agreeing on the lynch when mnowax is sure that Yos is scum, I think better to stay away.)
If he's a non-recruited vig, why destroy a power role?
If he's a recruit, why 'waste' a lynch on him; for every recruit that is killed, there is possibly two more being made the next night..
If he's SK, why get rid of a Known anti-town role that can't be recruited and thus has to try to help town kill cult recruiters.
And if he's a cult recruitor, the SKs and cult recruitors BOTH want to kill him, he is an emergent threat specifically against the both of those other factions, as well as town, so it is likely that one of them are going to bite the bullet nad aim for him tonight.
That last line only works if the cult recruiter(s) know he's a recruiter himself. If they don't know that, they aren't forced to aim for him to destroy the "emergent threat specifically against" them, and so there is no such certainty as you imply.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

EBWOP: Also, like the man said, a bad choice is better than no choice at all, which also factors into my casting a stone here.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: vote skruffs
Beep wrote: Eagerness to claim = very town

unvote, vote: vollkan
Explanations? Justifications? Thoughts? Unexplained votes are bad, no matter how impending the deadline is.

Pursuant to my scumdar, my vote goes to Skruffs. Beep! is second-ranked candidate.

Unvote, Vote: Skruffs
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Funny that you are asking her for explanations for saying that, but you provide NO EXPLANATIONS or reasons for your own vote.

HER post isn't directly trying to get someone lynched. YOURS is. Who's should more likely be packed with reasons?

Thought so.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Beep! Beep! wrote:Oh, and CKD is scum... again!!!
Yes.

unvote:Volkan

vote:curiouskarmadog
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Skruffs wrote: Funny that you are asking her for explanations for saying that, but you provide NO EXPLANATIONS or reasons for your own vote.

HER post isn't directly trying to get someone lynched. YOURS is. Who's should more likely be packed with reasons?

Thought so.
Skruffs, I've explained ad nauseum why I suspect you. Would you like me to quote my previous posts?

And I don't get how you draw the distinction between her vote and mine. What makes hers not seeking a lynch?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Beep beep, if CKD is scum why aren't you voting him? Yos, why are you voting CKD all of sudden?

Skruffs, yes claim.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by armlx »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:Oh, and CKD is scum... again!!!
Yes.

unvote:Volkan

vote:curiouskarmadog
That skruffs vote with no explanation is really awkward looking and definitely scummy, but I still think my Mno theory explains all the night actions too well to ignore.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”