Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

mnowax (4) - armlx, SlySly, aioqwe, the silent speaker
vollkan (3) - Skruffs, mnowax, Beep! Beep!
Skruffs (3) - springlullaby, curiouskarmadog, vollkan
curiouskarmadog (1) - Yosarian2

Not voting (1):, NabakovNabakov

7 to lynch, 4 at deadline.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yos, you are one of the persons who I was referring to as trying to Coerce people into putting their votes where their mouth is, and as far as I am aware, only people who were suspicious of me. Unvoting vollkan make it more likely l am lynched, especially chasing after a cow lynch so late in the game, especially after cow puts a vote on me as your reasoning. Do you want me to be lynched? If so, and you are town, why the underhanded maneuvering?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 10:01 am

Post by armlx »

Why is CKD cow? I thought that was hasfdgasfdkhslas?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:Yos, you are one of the persons who I was referring to as trying to Coerce people into putting their votes where their mouth is, and as far as I am aware, only people who were suspicious of me.
I was trying to get people to vote, yes, especally people who were active and posting a lot but not voting.
Unvoting vollkan make it more likely l am lynched, especially chasing after a cow lynch so late in the game, especially after cow puts a vote on me as your reasoning. Do you want me to be lynched? If so, and you are town, why the underhanded maneuvering?
Heh...the world dosn't revolve around you, Skruffs. ;)

If I wanted you to be lynched, I'd be voting for you. Personally, I don't think you're especally suspicious looking, and I've actually been both defending you and attacking people who were attacking you.

And I'm voting for curiouskarmadog because Volkan looks somewhat less scummy now then he did when I first voted for him, and becuase CKD looks scummy as heck right now. Do you disagree?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 10:24 am

Post by armlx »

Skruffs has to be town. He's attacking you for attacking someone attacking him.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yos:
But you didn't post a significant case against CKD, which means your vote is effectively a throwaway vote: Nobody is going to follow it. Unless CKD responds (and he probably won't or he would have put more in the post in which he voted me) nobody is going to pay any attention to it until tomorrow, after someone has been lynched. Do you think Vollkan is more likely town than I am? If so, then your vote is justified. If not, then you should be voting me.

*I* would vote for CKD, and was even tempted to, but unvoting someone who has more votes than me is effectively making the votes on me stronger. And I know you know this because you got an award for exactly the kind of stuff I am asking you why you are doing.

I do agree cow's vote was completley oppurtunistic, and I Would not be surprised if he turned out to be a recruit or recruiter or SK, he's been one of the players flying under the radar. But there's not enough impetus at this stage to get him lynched and there's not really a case against him.

I *will* vote hop if I have to, to try to get someone other than me lynched, although I haven't done so to MNOWAX because of the reasons I listed above.

Lastly, your comment that the world doesn't revolve around me is very troublesome. I pointed out how your action directly affects me. Saying that the world doesn't revolve around me as a response is basically agreeing with what I asked: You are writing me off, or something. You have just said that you aren't particularly suspicious of me, and I just pointed out how what you did is indirectly helping to get me lynched. So, yes, the world does revolve around me, at least in regards to who you are voting for. It's not being self-absorbed to point out what people are doing that leads to your own lynching.

We have four days. At T-3 days, I will claim if I have to, but I Am going to be very suspicious of any players who jump on this offer JUST to make me claim.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:Yos:
But you didn't post a significant case against CKD, which means your vote is effectively a throwaway vote: Nobody is going to follow it.
We'll see. We've already gotten some interesting reactions to it, don't you think?
Unless CKD responds (and he probably won't or he would have put more in the post in which he voted me) nobody is going to pay any attention to it until tomorrow, after someone has been lynched. Do you think Vollkan is more likely town than I am? If so, then your vote is justified. If not, then you should be voting me. -
If I have to make a "lynch A or lynch B" choice at deadline, then I'll do that. And yes, if it came down to a "lynch Skruffs or lynch Volkan" thing , I'd vote for Volkan. We still have a few days left, though, so for now I think it's best I have my vote on who I'd actually most like to see dead, especally since others seem to suspect CKD as well.

And I know you know this because you got an award for exactly the kind of stuff I am asking you why you are doing.
:lol: Aha! I KNEW it was the "manipulater" award thing that was making you paranoid here, lol.

Again, Skruffs, it's not all about you. My main goal here isn't to lynch you OR to save you. I don't think you're especally suspicious, but I don't see any reason to assume you're town here either, and it seems like you're expecting me to push a counterwagon just in order to save you; why would I feel the need to do that?
Lastly, your comment that the world doesn't revolve around me is very troublesome. I pointed out how your action directly affects me. Saying that the world doesn't revolve around me as a response is basically agreeing with what I asked: You are writing me off, or something.
You have just said that you aren't particularly suspicious of me, and I just pointed out how what you did is indirectly helping to get me lynched. So, yes, the world does revolve around me, at least in regards to who you are voting for.

My point with that comment was just to say that I'm not taking any actions with the goal of getting you lynched, but I'm also not going to make sub-par actions just in order to prevent you from being lynched; there's more to this game then just your survival, Skruffs. I'm voting for someone right now because I think curiouskarmadog looks like scum, and I think that voting for him right now is the best way to both improve the chances of finding scum and to get information.

If you want me to go back to the Volkan wagon right now, then convince me Volkan is scum. I'm not going to vote for Volkan just in order to help you; I think it's fairly likely you're town, but I'm not THAT sure about it.
It's not being self-absorbed to point out what people are doing that leads to your own lynching.
(shrug) No, but it's a bit paranoid to assume that everything everyone does is DESIGNED to hurt you.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by mnowax »

you lynch me you lynch a vig. i am warning all of you guys.

that is all. i trust you guys not to kill me.
Sure one more time for fun.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by armlx »

mnowax wrote:you lynch me you lynch a vig. i am warning all of you guys.

that is all. i trust you guys not to kill me.
[rant]

These kind of posts mean absolutely nothing. I don't understand how people can think they can get away with what more or less amounts as an appeal to emotion as their defense. Seriously, your role is unconfirmed, we have reasons to suspect you. If you want to defend yourself, use thinks we have reason to think about or believe, not this junk[/rant]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

mnowax wrote:you lynch me you lynch a vig. i am warning all of you guys.
Heh. A vig who won't get to kill again for at least 2 days, if you survive that long, and who says he tried to kill me but can't give a single reason why he would that.

Now, I still don't think you should be lynched today, but considering your track record so far this game, you claiming vig does not really make me feel more inclined to keep you alive here...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by armlx »

Yosarian2 wrote: you
re
claiming vig does not really make me feel more inclined to keep you alive here...
Fixed.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by SlySly »

Skruffs wrote: He was roleblocked, he didn't target anyone, so wether he is town or scum, Yosarian was not targetted by him.
Better safe than sorry.

unvote:mnowax
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by armlx »

SlySly wrote:
Skruffs wrote: He was roleblocked, he didn't target anyone, so wether he is town or scum, Yosarian was not targetted by him.
Better safe than sorry.

unvote:mnowax
What? We already went over how it still shows up as a targeting attempt. I don't get what you are talking about.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by SlySly »

armlx wrote: I don't get what you are talking about.
If he didn't target anyone, I doubt he is a recruiter. Of course, this IS assuming that Skruffs isn't lying.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by armlx »

1) Skruffs did not claim watcher. He was using the phrase differently then you are interpreting it.

2) Norinel confirmed if a person is RB'ed and watched it looks like they targeted who they intended, just the ability didn't work.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by SlySly »

armlx wrote:1) Skruffs did not claim watcher. He was using the phrase differently then you are interpreting it.

2) Norinel confirmed if a person is RB'ed and watched it looks like they targeted who they intended, just the ability didn't work.
Skruffs, did I misinterpret your statement?

Armlx, if I understood Skruffs correctly and he isn't lying, mnowax didn't target anyone. Your #2 confirms what I am saying. If mnowax is a recruiter and was watched, blocked or not, the action would have been seen. Since no action was seen, I find the possibility of mnowax being a recruiter very slim as recruiters aren't just going to take a night off.

If it turns out Skruffs is lying, my suspicion of mnowax would immediately return as mno's claims have seemed pretty far fetched to me so far in this game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by armlx »

No, mno definitely did target someone (or claimed to have). He claimed to have targeted Yos2 last night.

Skruffs isn't lying, you are just reading what he said wrong. Well, that or its the worst lie ever.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by SlySly »

armlx wrote: No, mno definitely did target someone (or claimed to have). He claimed to have targeted Yos2 last night.
IMO, the watched info trumps mno's targetting claims.
armlx wrote: Skruffs isn't lying, you are just reading what he said wrong. Well, that or its the worst lie ever.
Here is what he said about mnowax from what was 'seen'.

1. "He was roleblocked" (Blaze said he was blocking mno and I have no reason to believe he didn't)
2. "he didn't target anyone" (watching would reveal the target of the person being RB'd, no target 'seen', so no recruiter)

I think my interpretation is correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
armlx wrote: Why is CKD cow? I thought that was hasfdgasfdkhslas?
cow = hasfdgas IMO too. Was this ever cleared up? I get confused reading the posts after you pointed it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
curiouskarmadog, entire 423 post, wrote:
confirm vote spring
Nice baiting with the confirm voting of a now confirmed townie at L-1. It's also nice, how you got a hammering bite from mnowax in the very next post. In hindsight, it's kind of looking like scum successfully leading the voting, to me.

FoS:curiouskarmadog

FoS:springlullaby
for not being more inquisitive about those responsible for the mis-lynching of her first role in this game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:45 am

Post by armlx »

SlySly wrote: Here is what he said about mnowax from what was 'seen'.

1. "He was roleblocked" (Blaze said he was blocking mno and I have no reason to believe he didn't)
2. "he didn't target anyone" (watching would reveal the target of the person being RB'd, no target 'seen', so no recruiter)

I think my interpretation is correct.
Skruffs-Tracker would only see #2.

I'm really done arguing this past here. Skruffs is bound to post before the 22nd and prove you wrong.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:14 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Skruffs wrote:CKD - do you think that MNOWAX is actually a cult recruiter? If not, do you think Armlxs sudden gungho-ocity towads lynching him is unusual for a player who, up until now, has been stringently against supporting any wagon that wasn't based on lynching a cult recruitor?
I do not think that Mno is a Cult recruiter and you do have a point about Armix, I am not sure why Arm is voting Mno…Mno is such a bad lynch today..

unvote, vote slysly
...Mno is not the lynch today..again, at best he could be a recruit..you never answered my question sly sly, and I know you saw it..do you think that there is Vig, if Mno isnt?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Skruffs »

SlySly wrote:
armlx wrote:1) Skruffs did not claim watcher. He was using the phrase differently then you are interpreting it.

Skruffs, did I misinterpret your statement?

Armlx, if I understood Skruffs correctly and he isn't lying, mnowax didn't target anyone. Your #2 confirms what I am saying. If mnowax is a recruiter and was watched, blocked or not, the action would have been seen. Since no action was seen, I find the possibility of mnowax being a recruiter very slim as recruiters aren't just going to take a night off.

If it turns out Skruffs is lying, my suspicion of mnowax would immediately return as mno's claims have seemed pretty far fetched to me so far in this game.
I am *not* Claiming a watcher that targetted Yosarian or Mnowax if that is what you are asking. I don't know why the roleblocker stops the action but not the targetting, every other instance I have done (including my own mini game where there was a watcher, tracker, and roleblocker) the roleblocker wouuld completely prevent a player from doing ANYTHING.. otherwise a paranoid gun owner would be able tokill someone who hadn't actually done anything to them. Regardless, no, I did not mean to consstrue that I have any proof that Mnowax tried to target anyone, and I'm pretty sure my post in full context would confirm that.

You are suggesting I Am lying about something that I have never even said. Even if you thought I had said that, WHY WOULD YOU 'out' me as a watcher? And for no reason than to confirm something that is already public information, jsut not confirmed?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Norinel »

Deadline stands. It's 9 PM Eastern Thursday, which is something like 3 AM the next day GMT.

Vote Count

mnowax (3) - armlx, aioqwe, the silent speaker
vollkan (3) - Skruffs, mnowax, Beep! Beep!
Skruffs (2) - springlullaby, vollkan
curiouskarmadog (1) - Yosarian2
SlySly (1) - curiouskarmadog

Not voting (2): NabakovNabakov, SlySly

7 to lynch, 4 at deadline.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 9:21 am

Post by SlySly »

Skruffs wrote: I am *not* Claiming a watcher that targetted Yosarian or Mnowax if that is what you are asking.
Ok, in that case:
vote:mnowax

I thought you were soft claiming.
Skruffs wrote: You are suggesting I Am lying about something that I have never even said. Even if you thought I had said that, WHY WOULD YOU 'out' me as a watcher? And for no reason than to confirm something that is already public information, jsut not confirmed?
Actually, I was suggesting that you weren't lying. I wasn't trying to 'out' anyone, in fact, I was trying hard not to. I thought you had claimed and revealed the results of your actions. I didn't want to be voting on a confirmed townie.

------------------------------

CKD, I don't know if there is a vig or not. If there is, I don't believe it is mnowax.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, there *might* not be a vig, but it would surpise me if there wasn't one; both because cult games should generally have a pro-town vig, and all that stuff in the setup about the SK being immune to the first kill on him and the vig only killing everyone other night and all that makes it sound like the mod really thought through the idea of what a vig should look like and how it should work in this setup. And if there's a vig and it's not mnowax, it seems likely that that vig would have have expected killed Mnowax last night, although that's not necessarally true.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I disagree; the concept of multiple roles had already been introduced yesterday, so a *smart* vig may have thought that it was possible that there were multiple vigs.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”