Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Wow, a deadline...didn't think this game was going THAT slowly.

The deadline wasn't because of the pace of the game, it was to prevent day from lasting too long.

Nocmen, at this point, I don't see anybody actually getting lynched over something like not scumhunting. It feels more like suspicions being cast and opinions voiced, nothing really close to a lynch yet. Course, that'll probably change now that there's a deadline.

And just out of curiosity, what would you view as scumhunting, Nocmen?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Scumhunting to me is actively going and looking into a persons actions and finding evidence that looks scummy. Reiterating what others say, is not.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Nice list Battousai.

BlackWolf (2): gorillaman, Battousai, you guys have voted BlackWolf. Would it be possible, if each of you would remind us why you are voting him. Give a brief list of max 3 reasons why?

Nocmen, same for you. You have voted Zu_Faul - can you recap & list max 3 reasons why you think he is a scum?

OOC: I presume it's no lynch if there's no 5 votes to somebody, right - even though we now have a deadline?

At deadline, if someone has a half majority, they are lynched. This applies only if there are 8 or more people. When there are 7 or less you would be correct. This is a mistake in the rules that will be fixed.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by Nocmen »

1. He has made quite a few accusations towards people, while he could easily be accused of the same things.
2. He seems to be actively lurking and only posting when people call out to him or give him a reason to talk
3. His way of scumhunting seems to be just getting people to talk.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:22 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Okay, thanks. Hmm...
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:29 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
gorillaman (3): Zu_faul, weilawei, Mr. Blonde
BlackWolf (2): gorillaman, Battousai
Zu_Faul (1): Nocmen

Not voting (3): silence, BlackWolf, Atticus

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 am

Post by gorillaman »

In chronological and ascending order of importance:

Point one, while I disagree with some that BlackWolf's first vote was contradictory/scummy, like others I don't believe the justification he gave for it. This could be indicative of a general disposition toward deceit.

Point two would be my reasons for FoSing him all the way back in post number whatever-it-was. What a person is thinking about will naturally influence what they think to post. I believe post 170 showed us what was on BlackWolf's mind at the time - avoiding Nocmen's scum trap and finding town power roles.

Point three, the conclusions BlackWolf presented about me, if he really believed them, should have been enough to convince him that I was scum - but it never occurred to him to act on that. Of course we know he didn't believe them - if the town would like to glace back at post 180, and the ones leading to it, he seems barely aware I exist. By his next post, 210, and the ones after that he suddenly finds me super suspicious. The only thing that's changed in that time is I've voiced my own suspicions of him.

Is my vote going to be resting on BlackWolf at the end of the day? Possibly, but I've got my eye on another player and their actions may change things.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Battousai »

Just about the same top two reasons as gorillaman said, but my third was that BlackWolf seemed to OMGUS gorillaman.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Battousai wrote:Just about the same top two reasons as gorillaman said, but my third was that BlackWolf seemed to OMGUS gorillaman.
Hmm, in what post(s)? Wasn't it Blackwolf first voting gorillaman? gorillaman's vote/fos happened
after
Blackwolf's vote. Correct me if I'm wrong...
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:45 am

Post by gorillaman »

BlackWolf isn't voting for me.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Battousai »

You don't have to vote or FOS to OMGUS, though using OMGUS as a reason to vote is very scummy. I was refering to around page 9.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am

Post by BlackWolf »

I believe Bat is referring to post #207 and #210.
And I would have made the same arguments if gorillaman had made an accusation against somebody else.

And Mr. Blonde, you ask for those who are voting for me and zu_Faul to list their reasons why...why not do the same for those voting for gorillaman? I understand you wouldn't be asking yourself that, yet it is strange...

And, quick question, would half majority be three votes, or two?

3, because 3 is a majority of 5
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:42 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Nocmen wrote:1. He has made quite a few accusations towards people, while he could easily be accused of the same things.
Like for example...
Because it is just better to lynch them without allowing them to say anything, riiiiiiiight :roll:
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Battousai »

BlackWolf- I would guess 3 since 2 is a small number, why do you need to know this?
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Curiosity. I've never been in a game with a deadline lynch before.
T : 0 / 2 S : 0 / 0 O : 0 / 0
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Blonde - reactions to my/Nocmen/Bat's answers to your request?

People who aren't voting - thoughts?
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by silence »

gorillaman wrote:People who aren't voting - thoughts?
Posts ~155-174: Nocmen puts Rickeon at L-1. BlackWolf states he won´t vote because it's L-1. Then zu_Faul switches his vote. On post 174 zu_Faul attacks three other people but not BlackWolf about 'possibly warning their partner about the L-1', when BlackWolf was the one who most obviously warned everyone about L-1. This makes any sense (except as a mistake) only if zu_Faul is scum with BlackWolf and therefore does not want to attack him. After BlackWolf's post the Rickeon bandwagon does not have much changes to cause a mishammer and thus zu_Faul switches his vote.
FoS: zu_Faul, BlackWolf
[/b]
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Nocmen »

zu_Faul wrote:
Nocmen wrote:1. He has made quite a few accusations towards people, while he could easily be accused of the same things.
Like for example...
Because it is just better to lynch them without allowing them to say anything, riiiiiiiight :roll:
Theres a difference between attacking someone and entrapment. I think you are much more entrapment, trying to take advantage of newbies in order to make them say statements to use.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Atticus »

Gah, moving sucks, I have to reeeeeeeaaad.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Atticus »

Yar yar, I skim. I skim... thoroughly.

Not much to say because skimming doesn't lead to a whole lot of tells or anything, but of particular note to me is Weilawei (which sounds like some filler lyric.)

Anyway, the first thing he does is FoS Battousai, an easy move to make in order to quickly agree with everyone on the obvious. Of course he's defensive and switching up his vote. We've said that, even.
In his next post, he then goes to say that newbie scum need help. Which is... strange, clearly, for any townsperson to suggest.
Then he votes gorillaman for voting someone.
Then reiterates his FoS and vote with some percentage shit that I don't understand and that he seems to expect everyone to understand. But it looks like he FoSd Battousai because he was only 20% active.
Oh, he Fosd him because he was voting alot.

Uh, yeah, so all his posts are either some crap about Battousai and how great ScumBait is, or about how badass it is that he FoSed Battousai.

Then he goes on to defend his statement that everyone should be helping scum because they don't know what to do because they're newbies.

Seriously, I don't know what he's doing, but it looks scummy because what he
SEEMS
to be doing is nothing. And that's worse than lurking. In my opinion.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

unvote: gorillaman

I voted him because I thought he is a townie, and wanted to see what happens after I give my vote.
Blonde - reactions to my/Nocmen/Bat's answers to your request?
Reading all the posts once more and then giving my answer (and my vote). This shouldn't take too long...
People who aren't voting - thoughts?
I think we need more than that: I think we need everybody to vote.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Okay, I've gone through pages again. In my list, there's BlackWolf on top, and Zu_faul one possibility.

BlackWolf mentions out loud "Unvote when people react, which shows a want to appease the town". This doesn't prove that he is a scum, but it sounds suspicious especially when the guy has done the same thing (vote, reactions, then unvote) and then accuse somebody else about this.

BlackWolf has been accusing others, but haven't put much pressure on me. Can be just random incident, but I'm the guy who bit like "defended" BlackWolf and accused Nocmen & Battousai => Scum wants to leave me in peace?

accusing Zu_faul multiple times (if we think that zu_faul is a scum, this could simply be an attempt to make BlackWolf look non-scum). This is not the reason I vote blackwolf, but somehow this tiny thing makes me think...

post 170 - thinking of cop (=trying to find the power role) (as post 281 mentions), sounds suspicious. It might show what goes in the mind of a scum.

post (215 and before) - twisting & turning after getting back on gorillaman.

After getting reactions (and seeing no votes I was after...), and listening to my hunch, I'm giving my vote here...

vote: BlackWolf
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Nothing really worthy of a vote at the moment, only suspicions on a couple people, but I'll vote if it approaches deadline, since any lynch is better then no lynch for town.
And on that, everybody should vote for the person they find most likely to be scum.

Defence to Mr. Blonde :
First point...I never mentioned that. I was accused of that, yes, but I've never said it.
Second point, true, I've never attacked you. That is because you haven't done anything scummy. So, I have no major suspicions of you.
Third, I believe all my accusations against Zu_faul have had reasons behind them.
Fourth, I have not been trying to find the power role. I believe you are referring to the discussion of meta-games?
Fifth, I don't see how I can defend myself against 'twisting and turning', so I won't.

weilawei, haven't heard from you on this page yet...why are you voting for gorillaman?
T : 0 / 2 S : 0 / 0 O : 0 / 0
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Hmm. I'm not sure I like Blonde's reasons for voting BlackWolf.

Point one, BlackWolf already noted didn't happen.

Point two I don't really follow.

Point three I find troublesome. "If we think that zu_faul is a scum" is a big 'if'. Obviously, if we think zu_Faul is scum we should be lynching zu_Faul. Also, lynching people by association doesn't work until we actually know, not think, who one of the scum is.

Points four and five are paraphrases of my own, which is interesting because when Blonde voted for me he cited zu_Faul and weilawei's posts as his reasons. Could be he's trying to avoid responsibility for his votes ("don't look at
me
, it was
their
idea").
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Point one, ah, you are correct. I was going through BlackWolf comments and noticed it was Battousai who accused BlackWolf of this. Nevertheless, BlackWolf did vote (62) & then unvote after couple of posts (71) after getting some comments.

Point two: I just noticed that blackwolf hasn't cast suspicion on me (unlike for example you gorillaman). I was wondering if this happens because because I defended him.

Three: like said, this is not the main reason I vote him, but I was wondering if BlackWolf & Zu_faul are scums, then BlackWolf could be trying to wash his hands by showing how a good townie he is since he found a scum (in case we'd lynch zu_faul).

Four: yes, it's because of you, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be using my own brain. You said about "thinking of cop" and whenever I've played as a townie, I've noticed how I'm *not* thinking about "cop strategies", but rather think how can we get the scum. That made me think that the mindset of a guy who focuses on cops strategies could be scum's.

Five: Yes, you were convincing me that BlackWolf is a scum and it also looked like BlackWolf was twisting & turning.

You missed the sixth point: I made a vote on you gorillaman, and I expected some votes to happen, yet the one or those I suspected did nothing more than commented so I started looking who could be the scum & see what reasons people have given.

Right now my vote stays on BlackWolf.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”