Newbie 612: Cancelled due to mod error

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Brandi »

J-man you still haven't addressed the question that I have asked you. =/ I hope you're actually reading our posts. Its very important I think to read every post made in the game that you are in.... That way you know you can be thorough.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Brandi »

In
fact
I find it slightly scummy that you, J-man, have made a post only addressing the situation of W!nt3r. If someone asks you a question I think you are inclined to answer it. One would think that if someone was pro-town and cared to properly scum hunt they would make an effort to get a read up on everything that has been said before they attempt to say something. So are you just blatantly refusing to answer my question or do you just not care whether or not we find who the scum in this game is? Also if you are going to answer me here, I'd also like you to go back and answer my other question as well.

FOS: J-man
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Id also like to make a note that what Winter said was true, he really wasnt overreactive during his argument with Strappado. He was just being accused of overreaction when in reality he was defending himself fit for the situation. (All of this being gathered after 2 re-reads). This brings me to suspect someone. Pmchugh was the first to say, outside of the actual argument that Winter was overreacting. He was also the one who first told Winter where he looked scummy after the argument was over. This may indicate (at least from my perspective) that scum is trying to make accusations on a subtle and overlooked basis. I also want to state that I KNOW that i made a post just like Pmchugh's after his, trying to give evidence toward the Winter suspicion.
FoS: pmchugh
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by J-man »

in any case your beating a dead point winter. let it go.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Brandi »

... *is being completely ignored*
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by J-man »

lol, Brandi seriously you find it scummy that i am ignoring you? pfft what ever you think.

the reason it was dangerous is because you have grouped yourself with strap basing your entire credibility upon him being pro-town, if he isn't you may have damned yourself. Something said with such certainty should be offered more carefully.

And i take offense to you implying that i am OMGUSn' lol

women....
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by Brandi »

J-man wrote:lol, Brandi seriously you find it scummy that i am ignoring you? pfft what ever you think.
Perhaps it is not entirely scummy to ignore another player. However, I strongly believe that doing such is anti-town, as well as a tad bit disrespectful;
especially
when you are being specifically addressed.
J-man wrote:the reason it was dangerous is because you have grouped yourself with strap basing your entire credibility upon him being pro-town, if he isn't you may have damned yourself. Something said with such certainty should be offered more carefully.
I'd like to mention first that, Strappado is a female. Someone before you referred to her as a male and was immediately corrected. Second, you are making about 0 sense with that statement. Again, here is what I said:
Brandi wrote:Also I would see your point if Strap actually intended to deceive anyone. But she didn't. All she did was state that she was assured that everyone had agreed on something based on the previous responses in the thread. It was just a simple mistake on her part that she didn't take into account the others that had yet to express their opinions.
I see no indication of me 'grouping' myself with Strap. I pointed out that she was not being intentionally deceitful and that she had made a simple mistake. Nothing in which I was referring to had anything to do with the certainty of her alignment. But regardless of such, if I did believe her to be town, which for now I am uncertain, that alone would not be enough basis to determine where my credibility lies.
J-man wrote:And i take offense to you implying that i am OMGUSn' lol
This is a game. There is no reason for getting offended by what other people say in relation to such. If someone implies something against you that you think is unjust and or false then it is only reasonable that you should make a proper attempt to correct them.

Also, I never implied you were OMGUS'ing. Where on earth did you get such an idea?
J-man wrote:women....
Honestly, what does my being a woman have to do with anything that I have previously stated?

I'd appreciate it if you would take some time to think about whats being said throughout this game. Being thorough and analyzing posts properly is very important and helpful to the town. If you allow yourself to be careless, the scum will pick up on that and use it towards their advantage. I'm only trying to offer constructive criticism here. If you are pro-town then you should want to be able to work positively and efficiently to properly find the scum. That can't really be done if you choose to ignore other players. I would think that in a game such as this communication would be vital.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Brandi »

J-man wrote:in any case your beating a dead point winter. let it go.
I'd also like to address this statement of yours J, because I really don't understand what you're attempting to imply here. How exactly is W!nt3r 'beating a dead point'? He may have been repeatedly asking the same questions, but he was also repeatedly not getting any answers. So are you referring to something else?
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:57 am

Post by pmchugh »

J-man wrote:lol, Brandi seriously you find it scummy that i am ignoring you? pfft what ever you think.

the reason it was dangerous is because you have grouped yourself with strap basing your entire credibility upon him being pro-town, if he isn't you may have damned yourself. Something said with such certainty should be offered more carefully.

And i take offense to you implying that i am OMGUSn' lol

women....
:lol:

Brandi's right though.
Dean wrote:Id also like to make a note that what Winter said was true, he really wasnt overreactive during his argument with Strappado. He was just being accused of overreaction when in reality he was defending himself fit for the situation. (All of this being gathered after 2 re-reads). This brings me to suspect someone. Pmchugh was the first to say, outside of the actual argument that Winter was overreacting. He was also the one who first told Winter where he looked scummy after the argument was over. This may indicate (at least from my perspective) that scum is trying to make accusations on a subtle and overlooked basis. I also want to state that I KNOW that i made a post just like Pmchugh's after his, trying to give evidence toward the Winter suspicion. FoS: pmchugh
maybe its just his play style but everything he says seems to be over-stated not really sure what to make of that. As for me being the first to say that, what has it got to do with anything? You obviously agreed that i had a point as you KNOW that you made a post also trying to give evidence to his suspicion. Just because I said it first doent make it any more or less true.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Dean Harper »

What I was trying to say in my post was that I felt that you, being the first to post might have been trying to make false statements toward Winter, trying to put false suspicion where it seemed needed. I only say this because after some re-reads, i have found the argument in Winter's favor (most of the time), especially about him being overreactive. I wonder if you were trying to just place blame, or you were actually trying to scumhunt. The vagueness of your first post after the argument started slightly supports this idea. I realize that I stated that I was looking in Strap's favor after the argument was over, but (even if you dont believe it) this was because I had only skimmed the argument page. I have a tendency to skim over large sections of posting that have really important details.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Dean Harper »

I think that post is more clear on what I was trying to say.

W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:36 am

Post by W!nt3r »

How interesting....
Seeing as I'm not currently voting:

VOTE J-Man

His WIFOM statement regarding my play is just unbearable to understand/think about, and this little tidbit, along with his unusually misogynistic comment regarding Brandi makes me foam at the mouth for blood. Regardless of his alignment, like brandi said... he's playing very Anti-town at this point.
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:38 am

Post by W!nt3r »

Dean Harper wrote:I think that post is more clear on what I was trying to say.
This is true, but I also think that my Verbose nature may be attributing to PM's false sense of "over-reaction" on my part...

Is this possible, PM?
Strategy, smategy.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 am

Post by J-man »

J-man wrote: in any case your beating a dead point winter. let it go.
well since you guys really took this strangely I will give you as much of a explanation as I can. When i wrote this i was unaware of posts 101-103 it was meant to be a direct reply to winters post 100. And one of us don't understand WIFOM winter because that statement is not that as I understand it.
Finally why i wrote it, I wrote it to tell winter i thought i saw quite clearly, people were willing to let it go and winter was only causing the town damage by not allowing us to get past that little thing which i am sure no one can effectively defend, points that have been adequately verified by the above posts/discussion.

Oh and if you don't like the way of my play kill me, but I'll tell you this I am no more careful townie or scum, I generally like to post without knowing my alignment.

And IGMEOY winter misrepresentation is no minor sin especially against me.
(I would happily withdraw that if that is indeed WIFOMn')
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

J-Man: 2 (JamesThePhox, W!nt3r)
TartarianCerberus: 1 (J-man)
w!nt3r: 1 (TartarianCerberus)

Not voting (5): babygirl86, Brandi, Dean Haper, pmchugh, strappado

5 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Norinel »

Also, td replaces J-man.
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:49 am

Post by pmchugh »

You ask me where you over-reacted, I have realised its just the way you post everything you say is exaggerated and you also use large words that make your posts seem more forceful. Im not saying this is bad or points to you being scum, you just post slightly differently from most people. Take your latest post for exampe.
W!nt3r wrote:
How interesting....
Seeing as I'm not currently voting:

VOTE J-Man

His WIFOM statement regarding my play is just unbearable to understand/think about, and this little tidbit, along with his unusually misogynistic comment regarding Brandi makes me foam at the mouth for blood. Regardless of his alignment, like brandi said... he's playing very Anti-town at this point.

'foam at the mouth for blood' isnt that a bit OTT?

'misogynistic' excuse my stupidness but I dont actually no what that means.

There are many more examples if you go fishing but I cant be bothered as i dont see it as an important point.

Strange how j-man got replaced 1 min after posting without even telling us he was going to leave. I also agree he has looked slightly scummy espicially with his last post
J-man wrote:Oh and if you don't like the way of my play kill me, but I'll tell you this I am no more careful townie or scum, I generally like to post without knowing my alignment.
Saying just kill me is always a big scum tell.
FOS j-man/td
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:51 am

Post by J-man »

What? how can you just replace me? I am active what the hell?
pmchugh
pmchugh
Townie
pmchugh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:58 am

Post by pmchugh »

He must have ment jamesthephox but had you in mind because your the scum!
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 am

Post by W!nt3r »

J-man wrote:
J-man wrote: in any case your beating a dead point winter. let it go.
well since you guys really took this strangely I will give you as much of a explanation as I can. When i wrote this i was unaware of posts 101-103 it was meant to be a direct reply to winters post 100. And one of us don't understand WIFOM winter because that statement is not that as I understand it.
Finally why i wrote it, I wrote it to tell winter i thought i saw quite clearly, people were willing to let it go and winter was only causing the town damage by not allowing us to get past that little thing which i am sure no one can effectively defend, points that have been adequately verified by the above posts/discussion.

Oh and if you don't like the way of my play kill me, but I'll tell you this I am no more careful townie or scum, I generally like to post without knowing my alignment.

And IGMEOY winter misrepresentation is no minor sin especially against me.
(I would happily withdraw that if that is indeed WIFOMn')

Firstly: THIS IS SUCH A STUPID POST. What do you mean you post without knowing your alignment?

Thats ridiculous.

Second, i was referencing your post on my play style as WIFOM. You post this rather offhanded remark about how my scumhunting is so good, then turn around and post this obtuse, and ignorant "what if?" about my alignment... It just seemed out of touch with the rest of your posts... like you were throwing it in to maybe partition me in the who know category without backing up your suspicions.

Third, I am of the same belief that JohnthePhox is the one who's being replaced maybe?
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 am

Post by W!nt3r »

EBWOP: jamesthephox... silly me...
Strategy, smategy.
TartarianCerberus
TartarianCerberus
Goon
TartarianCerberus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 10:44 am

Post by TartarianCerberus »

This is ridiculous...

Unvote: W!nt3r, Vote: J-Man
(or td if Noriniel's replacing J-Man, I think he meant James), just for acting all-around scummy. Either he's mafia, or he's just horrible at making sense.
Current game: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8489]Newbie 619[/url]

"The descent to Hades is the same from every place." -Anaxagoras
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Brandi »

pmchugh wrote:'foam at the mouth for blood' isnt that a bit OTT?

'misogynistic' excuse my stupidness but I dont actually no what that means.
I'm not sure what OTT stands for but here is the definition of misogynistic:

(Taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/misogynistic)

mi·sog·y·ny
Audio Help /mɪˈsɒdʒəni, maɪ-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mi-soj-uh-nee, mahy-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.

Compare misandry.

[Origin: 1650–60; < NL misogynia. See miso-, gyn-, -y3]

—Related forms
mi·sog·y·nic, mi·sog·y·nous,
mi·sog·y·nis·tic
, adjective
mi·sog·y·nist, noun

I don't think that W!nt3r is using big words just to make himself sound smart, since he is using them properly... He might just have a really big vocabulary you never know ^^;

pmchugh wrote:Saying just kill me is always a big scum tell.
I agree completely.
Major FOS: J-man.
I have to go make spaghetti right now for my family but I will come back and get a thorough read through before I decide if I'm going to place a vote on J-man.

Also, welcome TD! :)
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by W!nt3r »

My mental lexicon transcends, tenfold, the passable American student's competence for verbal intellectual hold.

In other words: Yeah... I like words.

@ Tartarian: Band-wagoning is rather unhelpful for your case should we go to day two with 2 dead townspeople.
Strategy, smategy.
W!nt3r
W!nt3r
Goon
W!nt3r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by W!nt3r »

TartarianCerberus wrote: Either he's mafia, or he's just horrible at making sense.
EBWOP:

You've used a rather similar line of thinking against me. I suggest you re-think the way you word your accusations and subsequent defenses.

You're getting scummier by-the-post Tart...
Strategy, smategy.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”