Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

Popular, thanks for writing the details.
UNVOTE
. This seems to be the most reasonable argument that you have made this whole game so far. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt for the current moment. I think the connection between you and Darla is drifting apart today, and am starting to reconsider the possible trifecta I perceived. I am starting to believe the trifecta may not be accurate. I am starting to feel like you are not in known alliance with her. I am willing to hear you out for the time being.

This is just a brief note. More will come later. I just had one moment to comment. This is just a benefit of the doubt for the time being. I expect you to continue to play with more facts. I still want to understand your flip-face attitude.
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Not seeing a whole lot to convince me otherwise right now, so I'm going with DBE. I wanted to let it slide as best I could, but you have been too scummy for too long.

VOTE: DBE
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I will have LA until Tues/Wed but I am gonna go back and reevaluate a couple things.

Like I said previously, I totally get the votes for me, not gonna throw a fit cos I played poorly yesterday. I do ask that if I get to a L-1 you guys allow me to claim before hammering.

Will try to get a post up soon, If I can't I apologize.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

ok so Heres A rundown of My reasoning for my actions:

Random Vote Stage, (my first btw) Mal did his weird FoS after Mac's reaction tester.

Being that that was the only really scummy thing anyone had done so far, a lot of people jumped on it.

I Didn't see it as that scummy, or at least it seemed it was too early to tell.

now obviously I was wrong, but meh, live and learn.

anyways The constant building of an attack on him without him posting anymore (his lurking did concern me some, but I thought he was LA until someone mentioned him posting in other games, about that time is when I decided I would vote for him)

I read the busing thing and now it makes sense to me, why a scum would out their partner esp one like mal. I didn't think a scum would do that before because I thought the goal was to like, survive as a team. (I read some other things on the mafiawiki too which I hope t find helpful.)

That Said, I am still a bit iffy on Travis/Elf. The lurking from both parties and lack of helpful contributions really give me bad vibes.

Tajo -- I don't know honestly, I do feel like he freaked out when mal was scum and totally switched his position on me at seemingly a drop of a hat, but like I said above I get the votes for me. ( It was to be expected when Mal turned up scum after I defended him)

Anyways I would advise you guys look at what few posts there are from Travis/elf because they are lying under the radar atm.

Will add more when I can, And be fully active again on Wed.
Show
you done goofed.

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

sorry all, it was prom weekend.

i read through it all again(and will continue to do so, i've made a chart and it's helping me tons) and i have been looking closely at posts. and i have made the following conclusion, DarlaBlueEyes is not just playing the way i did my first game ever, she is also playing the way i did my first scum game too, so I feel justified in
##vote DarlaBlueEyes
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:22 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Votecount

DarlaBlueEyes (4) - Amor, populartajo, Riceballtail, xofelf

populartajo (1) - goborage

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch!
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

vote: DarlaBlueEyes
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Amor »

Greasy Spot, you make your first post in almost a week, and it's jumping on the bandwagon with no other comment whatsoever? Wow.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Wow
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Macavenger »

No one hammer DBE. It's almost 2 weeks to deadline, we've got lots of time for discussion. Slow down, think about this a bit.

DBE was very scummy yesterday, but I'm starting to pick up signs/meta that she may be town. I'm opposed to killing her right now.

xofelf, please answer the questions I posted for you last page:
Macavenger wrote:
xofelf wrote:
Macavenger wrote:SoW: What gives you the impression that he's eager to lynch people? Why is attacking people he finds suspicious bad? Is posting really long posts bad?

Well it seems to me that he is attacking everyone and isn't really sticking to one person. And long posts aren't bad, it's just trying to read through them when you replace that makes them bad.
Why does attacking lots of people make him eager for a lynch? Do you think he's inconsistent, or is it possible that his suspicions were changed by new information?
xofelf wrote:
Macavenger wrote:Me: What in my posts makes you think I could be scum? Also, if you don't like reading long posts, I recommend avoiding games with me in them. :P
I didn't say that i thought you were scum, i said that i'm not sure which way you go for. There's just something that, when i was reading your posts the first time, i got a bad feeling about.(
I know
this game isn't about feeling, it's supposed to be about logic, sorry)
But saying that you're unsure of my alignment implies you see something in my posts that makes you think I could be scum. What is it?
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 9:01 am

Post by xofelf »

Macavenger wrote:
Macavenger wrote:
xofelf wrote:
Macavenger wrote:SoW: What gives you the impression that he's eager to lynch people? Why is attacking people he finds suspicious bad? Is posting really long posts bad?

Well it seems to me that he is attacking everyone and isn't really sticking to one person. And long posts aren't bad, it's just trying to read through them when you replace that makes them bad.
Why does attacking lots of people make him eager for a lynch? Do you think he's inconsistent, or is it possible that his suspicions were changed by new information?
xofelf wrote:
Macavenger wrote:Me: What in my posts makes you think I could be scum? Also, if you don't like reading long posts, I recommend avoiding games with me in them. :P
I didn't say that i thought you were scum, i said that i'm not sure which way you go for. There's just something that, when i was reading your posts the first time, i got a bad feeling about.(
I know
this game isn't about feeling, it's supposed to be about logic, sorry)
But saying that you're unsure of my alignment implies you see something in my posts that makes you think I could be scum. What is it?
sorry i forgot about those :oops: getting only 3 hours of sleep will do that to you.

1st one: I wouldn't say he's really inconsistent....just more...i dunno....jumping around on things. Though it
is
okay to switch your suspicions on people, heck, I do it! But at the time I said things, he seemed to me to be rather eager for a lynch.....but looking back now...i'm not so sure anymore
2nd one: You know, I have no idea what it was at the time that made me think you were scummy......i'm not dismissing you completely but for now, I don't think you're the most suspiscious at the moment.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 9:43 am

Post by populartajo »

Unvote
To keep up discussion and avoid some silly votings. This vote will come again as soon no one has anything else to say. I still think DBE is scummier than anyone right now, check my big post.
Liking Greasy Spot contributions so far.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 11:00 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

on my phone.. not sure if this is gunna work ..

Elf -- the vote seems a bit omgus since I had just said I had some suspicions about her, but I will let that slide since she actually produced a reason,

Greasy.. any reasoning whatsoever for the vote? If you are trying Mac's tester thing I am doubtful it will work because it just makes you look scummy, and I have already admitted to my mistakes and poor playing on D1.

I will claim now, but I would rather do so from my comp and not my phone its not so easy to type thiss.

Should be back to full access wed eve.
Show
you done goofed.

Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Amor »

I don't like the speed at which this wagon grew, in particular Riceball and Greasy Spot hopping on with no explanation. I'll
Unvote
for now, but I still wouldn't mind seeing a claim out of Darla.

tajo's reversal of opinion still seems like opportunism to me. I guess it could be admitting a mistake he made on Day 1, but even so I don't think Malth's flip alone is enough for such a complete 180. Still, I'm hesitant to think that the scum would put themselves right out in the open like that.
Show

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Riceballtail wrote:
populartajo wrote:Rice, who do you suspect and why?
Right now, Darla has my highest suspicion, followed by mal. Amor shows up as moderately scummy, but not enough for me to be too concerned... yet.

Darla, as she is constantly "defending" with posts, but I feel like there could be some better help on the scumhunt and less focus on rationalizing other people. She seems quite focused on helping mal, which at minimum leads me to believe she's working with him in some way.

Mal, as many have stated already, has made several scummy statements, and not particularly done anything outside attempt to be defensive. He claims to have knowledge about online games, and yet people are attempting to say he just has "newbie anxiety". I disagree, as even though I haven't completed a game online yet, I know full well after one day that "newbie anxiety" should disappear after a week. If you're still worried about every possible thing you can do to make you scummy, that likely means that you are scum. As we have yet to see him take a very good defense or pro-town move, he indeed shows on my scum radar.

I see a strong link between Darla/Mal... and I don't like it at all. I see Mal having the better wagon right now, but Darla is the one I want to see under fire next.

So, for now,
VOTE: Malthusis
until you start being even remotely pro-town.
That's from yesterday, I gave the reasons then, and I still find these suspicions to be confirmable. Especially after the flip.

Also,
HOS Greasy & FOS xofelf
for pushing the wagon further. FoS is because you gave rationality, but it's still somewhat of a reach.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Back will catch up and post later
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Votecount

DarlaBlueEyes (3) - Riceballtail, xofelf, Greasy Spot

populartajo (1) - goborage

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch!
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by goborage »

Woops silly me. xofelf and Greasy Spot were also off the BW so they should be under some scrutiny as well. Of these two I'd say GS is more suspicious. Zero reasoning for the DBE vote. Plus there's the fact that he didn't vote for her yesterday.

@ GS and everyone else - is DBE any more suspicious now then she was yesterday?
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Macavenger »

DBE, don't claim unless more people start voting you again.

I am now opposed to lynching DBE today. Meta reasons as well as the actions of others in the game lead me to believe her behavior really is just clueless, not scum-motivated.

What little I've seen of xofelf so far I do not like at all. She hasn't posted very much content, and what few conclusions she has posted, she's immediately backed down from when challenged. She's made very vague intimations about myself and Shepherd, and apparently can't support them at all. Combined with Travis doing nothing useful before flaking yesterday, I find a good chance that we've got a scum here.
FoS: xofelf

populartajo is still likely to be scum I think. As for the big post about DBE and Malthusis interactions, yes, I saw all that yesterday; that's why I came out and voted for DBE immediately today. Unfortunately your flip based on malthusis alignment still makes no sense, and just looks like bandwagoning now. Your attack on me yesterday could have been scum trying to undermine the weakest portion of the case on his buddy, and now seeing that it failed you're trying to do damage control.

DBE could still be scum, but it third for me now, and there are probably only 2 left to find.

Amor and goborage's recent actions both point toward likely being town, IMO.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 am

xofelf wrote:1st one: I wouldn't say he's really inconsistent....just more...i dunno....jumping around on things. Though it
is
okay to switch your suspicions on people, heck, I do it!
But at the time I said things, he seemed to me to be rather eager for a lynch.....but looking back now...i'm not so sure anymore
What do you mean I looked lynch happy at the time you said something. I was not voting for anyone at the time. I was very reserved in leaping in day 2. You on the other hand just seem to follow the crowd, such as when you vote Darla. You said:
xofelf wrote:sorry all, it was prom weekend.

i read through it all again(and will continue to do so, i've made a chart and it's helping me tons) and i have been looking closely at posts. and i have made the following conclusion, DarlaBlueEyes is not just playing the way i did my first game ever, she is also playing the way i did my first scum game too, so I feel justified in
##vote DarlaBlueEyes
You need to explaining your current reasoning. Do not just expect us to read all of you games to see how you played and then compare her behavior. There is ample information in this game for you to explain your vote. I am preparing to vote for you. I will give you one reply to make it clear. It better be a good, or you get my vote.
FoS:Xofelf

xofelf wrote:2nd one: You know, I have no idea what it was at the time that made me think you were scummy......i'm not dismissing you completely but for now, I don't think you're the most suspiscious at the moment.
This is a further lame explanation of you wishy-washy attitude.

To Populartajo, let me clarify that you have not removed yourself from being suspicious. I only intended to say that you and Darla are appearing to be parting. I still think you still look suspect to me. The flip face still seems rather disconcerting and unresolved.

My lynch choices are most currently between Xofelf and Populartajo. I think that you both have some more discussion to render.

Amor, I do want to know, why are you ready to know Darla's role claim? This is most beneficial to scum at this point in the day. I think we should have her remain silent on that for the time being. Three people jumped on her way too quick for my taste. She nearly was lynched. You ask why I did not vote her immediately. I just want a little more development. There are more than just one player that I want to hear from. If I was on her vote wagon, then we would not be having this discussion. That is why I am reserved. Town is more than happy to delay an unfounded, easy to get lynch. I am
eager
to find scum, but I am not eager to lynch. Town needs day because it is more than today we are discovering. If we hit another scum, then we still need all the information of today to get the third tomorrow. Discussion and inquiry are our best hope to win as town. So, I have no super need to jump up and down like half of you think I did in day one (which none of you ever built any case against to demonstrate what was wrong). You that got involved were just swaying with the crowd and the only reason anyone ever had was was their feelings.

With the paragraph above, Grease, support town with explanations please. "Wow" is too limited to really help me agree with you. I think that was very scummy. Like I said. Town does not want a fast unfounded lynch. So, give some foundation.
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Amor »

On the roleclaim bit: Darla is still the presumptive lynchee for today. I didn't unvote her because I stopped believing she was scummy, but because I didn't want a quicklynch. So unless someone else pops up as scummier, or something crazy happens, she will presumably be lynched at the end of the day. In this situation, I think claiming if she has a power role wouldn't be a bad idea, although ultimately it's up to her.
Show

Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:25 pm

Just a quick note: I isolated Greasy Spot and read his 9 posts. More than anything, the lurkers need to speak up. He has said pointless stuff. Granted he left the game for a few days and returned, he still has not helped. He offers no explanation to his vote today, but total chastises Rice for how he went about it yesterday in really stages of the game. His behaviors consist of nothing useful: unvotes, fails to revote, fails to contribute, fails to explain any behavior except his LOA, and in day 2 he places the fifth vote on Darla when 6 is the lynch (that was uncalled for so soon, especially in light of his absolute neglect to provide a reason, not only to vote but to push the wagon to the edge of the cliff). After this isolation and evaluation of him I have to start my vote on him to get some pressure on him to talk.

vote: Greasy Spot

My threat still applies to Xofelf (but, I am greatful for you actually talking more than Travis). As for my current move I must explain that Darla is at least playing, even if everyone sees her as scummy. Her playing helps town. Greasy does not help town in the slightest and must be forced by town to help out.
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:27 pm

EBWOP: "yesterday in really stages of the game." should read "yesterday in early stages of the game."
Show
Finished Modding

DNA Evidence

Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I'm back guys, thanks for not hammering.

I will definitely claim, I just wanna read the posts I missed and stuff and will get back to you.
Show
you done goofed.

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Greasy Spot »