armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by armlx »

Skruffs wrote:I disagree; the concept of multiple roles had already been introduced yesterday, so a *smart* vig may have thought that it was possible that there were multiple vigs.
See how my theory encompasses said issue. Its really convenient to have everything fit together so well.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Skruffs »

And what if he's not a cult recruitor?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by armlx »

Skruffs wrote:And what if he's not a cult recruitor?
I was really wrong?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote:
Skruffs wrote:I disagree; the concept of multiple roles had already been introduced yesterday, so a *smart* vig may have thought that it was possible that there were multiple vigs.
See how my theory encompasses said issue. Its really convenient to have everything fit together so well.
Well, yeah, except..it dosn't make much sense or seem especally likely. But other then that it's a good theory...

Anyway, we still need to be lynching curiouskarmadog. Let's get some more votes there...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by armlx »

Why doesn't it make sense or seem likely? Everything fits perfectly.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, everything except any kind of logical explination for why mnowax-cult recuiter would claim vig day one, why he would...well, why he would do anything he's done as a cult recruiter.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by armlx »

Mno's play in the other games I've been in with him doesn't make much sense, and he even proclaims this fact.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by SlySly »

Yosarian2 wrote: Well, everything except any kind of logical explination for why mnowax-cult recuiter would claim vig day one, why he would...well, why he would do anything he's done as a cult recruiter.
It take his ridiculous claims to explain the night actions so far and give him an alibi for 2 more days. Maybe he figures by that time his cult will outnumber the town and if he squeaks through on this sham, it won't matter by then and what looked really stupid now looks really good as a CL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, refresh my memory, what is your case against CKD?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

Armlx wrote: Skruffs has to be town. He's attacking you for attacking someone attacking him.
Huh? You're being ironic here, right? If not, I really don't understand where you are coming from.
Skruffs wrote: Yos:
But you didn't post a significant case against CKD, which means your vote is effectively a throwaway vote: Nobody is going to follow it. Unless CKD responds (and he probably won't or he would have put more in the post in which he voted me) nobody is going to pay any attention to it until tomorrow, after someone has been lynched. Do you think Vollkan is more likely town than I am? If so, then your vote is justified. If not, then you should be voting me.

*I* would vote for CKD, and was even tempted to, but unvoting someone who has more votes than me is effectively making the votes on me stronger. And I know you know this because you got an award for exactly the kind of stuff I am asking you why you are doing.
1) You criticise yos for not posting a significant case.
2) You admit that you yourself feel inclined to vote CKD

There's some incongruence in the fact that you would expect another player (Yos) to effectively push a wagon on CKD whilst you yourself are seemingly comfortable to abstain. If you genuinely think CKD to be scum, the most rational thing for you to do would be to push a case yourself. Sure, self-preservation justifies not moving your own vote, but I don't see how it justifies you not pushing a case against the person whom you claim to be inclined to vote for.
CKD wrote: unvote, vote slysly...Mno is not the lynch today..again, at best he could be a recruit..you never answered my question sly sly, and I know you saw it..do you think that there is Vig, if Mno isnt?
This close to deadline and you are voting because someone missed/avoided a question?
Yosarian2 wrote:
armlx wrote:
Well, yeah, except..it dosn't make much sense or seem especally likely. But other then that it's a good theory...
It seems less unlikely that there would be two vigs, but if you were a vig and another player claimed vig, I think there is a good case for not killing them. It all depends on how the role distribution is calculated.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by armlx »

vollkan wrote:
Armlx wrote: Skruffs has to be town. He's attacking you for attacking someone attacking him.
Huh? You're being ironic here, right? If not, I really don't understand where you are coming from.
That's just not scum logic. And by has to be town, I mean is not likely scum for now.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

I'm going to join Yos on CKD.

unvote, vote: CKD
Beep! Beep!
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 6:39 am

Post by springlullaby »

I'm starting to think that all these speculations on roles and night actions are scummy because town can have absolutley zero PoV on it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 6:47 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vollkan..not just that..I dont like the vote and dont understand why people are voting mno when at best he could be a recruit..we should be trying to hit a recruiter, dont you agree?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:23 am

Post by armlx »

springlullaby wrote:I'm starting to think that all these speculations on roles and night actions are scummy because town can have absolutley zero PoV on it.
How can they not?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:45 am

Post by springlullaby »

Because they don't know who are talking from a position of knowledge before equivalently valid hypotheses.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:49 am

Post by armlx »

springlullaby wrote:Because they don't know who are talking from a position of knowledge before equivalently valid hypotheses.
I still don't see your point. Your point is townies can't make assumptions based on role claims?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

SlySly wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: Well, everything except any kind of logical explination for why mnowax-cult recuiter would claim vig day one, why he would...well, why he would do anything he's done as a cult recruiter.
It take his ridiculous claims to explain the night actions so far and give him an alibi for 2 more days. Maybe he figures by that time his cult will outnumber the town and if he squeaks through on this sham, it won't matter by then and what looked really stupid now looks really good as a CL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, refresh my memory, what is your case against CKD?
If he's a cult recruiter than he is targetting someone to night, somethign hew can't do as vig. He's shot hiself in the foot because he becomes a prime candidate to be watched or tracked. So he can't do anything until tomorrow even if he is scum.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

vollkan wrote:
1) You criticise yos for not posting a significant case.
2) You admit that you yourself feel inclined to vote CKD

There's some incongruence in the fact that you would expect another player (Yos) to effectively push a wagon on CKD whilst you yourself are seemingly comfortable to abstain.
Incorrect. I am not saying that CKD should have a wagon on him, I was chastizing Yos for trying to start a wagon this late in the game, without actually putting much gusto into it. It makes it look like he's trying to get someone lynched who he says/thinks is town, because nobody is going to follow him onto CKD unless he actually does provide a reason this late in the game.

vollkan wrote: If you genuinely think CKD to be scum, the most rational thing for you to do would be to push a case yourself. Sure, self-preservation justifies not moving your own vote, but I don't see how it justifies you not pushing a case against the person whom you claim to be inclined to vote for.
I didn't liek CKD's vote on me. It was oppurtunistic. I am voting for hte person I really want to vote for: If I really really REALLY thought that CKD was more likely scum than you, TRUST ME, I Would be voting him. You throw out self-preservation like it's a secondary thing in this game, and yet you are trying to goad me into building a case against CKD and, oh, look at that, unvoting you. When I've been anti-you since the whole hjllti thing earlier in the day.
vollkan wrote:
CKD wrote: unvote, vote slysly...Mno is not the lynch today..again, at best he could be a recruit..you never answered my question sly sly, and I know you saw it..do you think that there is Vig, if Mno isnt?
This close to deadline and you are voting because someone missed/avoided a question?
Yosarian2 wrote:
armlx wrote:
It seems less unlikely that there would be two vigs, but if you were a vig and another player claimed vig, I think there is a good case for not killing them. It all depends on how the role distribution is calculated.
So you think that MNOWAX is a vig, then, right?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:22 am

Post by armlx »

I really don't trust Mno to A) have thought about that and B) to really care as the odds of a watcher still being town and alive past tonight is fairly low IMO.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, I think mnowax was a vig. The claim was dumb, but I believe it was true.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Skruffs »

Whatever the odds are, MNOWAX as cult recruiter is aware of it now and is screwed if he tries anything tonight and it's still around. He only has potentially one recruit if he IS a cult recruitor, so he'd have to have recruited them n1.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by mnowax »

uhhh i believe i brought up the fact that there must be two vigs here?
Sure one more time for fun.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by armlx »

I thought Hjallti did?
Norinel