Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by Nyktorion »

Jester wrote:Short version: if OMGL feels like he needs more time, then I'll give him time to post something substantive. But it sure looks to me like Battousai and Nyktorion, despite their apparent annoyance with me wanting to take action, don't feel like countering it by taking action themselves.
So do you want me to vote you first? No matter what, it still sounds like you want the voting to start rather sooner than later, which looks rather hasty at this point.
Jester wrote:I used both: FOS and voting. I used all three: FOS, voting, and escalating the discussion. See the original quote in my 782.
In that case, you did not really understand the quote which you answered when you first mentioned "all three":
Jester wrote:
Nyktorion wrote:If you just wanted the town to focus on scumhunting instead of setup discussions, why did you not just use FOSes instead of votes during the day (the "playing it safe" point I tried to make at that tine, which was also the root of the escalation of the setup discussion), instead of escalating the discussion as well?
Ummmm... I did. I used both. I used all three.
The usage of FOSes, as described in your quote, would have excluded the usage of votes (hence I said "playing it safe"). So in that case, "both" and "all three" is not really a good answer to what I said.
Jester wrote:Emphasis mine. "Unless" is recognized by most English-language speakers as a conditional. I was hoping that someone would claim, but wasn't requesting it or demanding it. I could see a lot of conditions under which someone might not want to claim, including the possibility that they had more than one shot.
No matter what the exact semantics of your sentence were, your way of bringing this up, combined with your own immediate claim of not being vig, does at least carry an implicit push for a vig-mass-claim. You even say yourself that you hope that the vig would claim, and that is also how 626 already came across.
Jester wrote:Oh, look. A completely inconsistent argument. IF there had been three scum in this game, then the town was only in danger if and ONLY IF I was town. We had seven players, and one vote placed, by me. All three scum would have had to join me to get Battousai lynched, AND I would have to be a townie for it to have worked.

"Jester is probably scum" and "JesterTown put the town in danger with his D3 antics" are completely opposite positions. Sorry, but they can't both be true, and yet you seem to believe both of them. Pick one. Better still, pick neither of them, because neither of those positions are true, and you know it.
So let me spell this out some more: If you were town, then you would have put the town into danger (you would not
know
the 2-scum setup then, but at the most see it as
most likely
). Still taking unnecessary gambles, and sticking to them like this, would not make so much sense then, and therefore decrease the probability of this sceario (where you are town). Hence, the other option, where you already knew what was going on, is that much more likely.
Jester wrote:The rest of your 788 strikes me as pot-stirring.
I don't really conider this an argument, so I won't add any more to this quote.
Mizzy wrote:Well, Nyk just seems to show very little affect when it comes to being FoSed or accused...he just seems way, way too calm about the whole thing.
I would consider myself a rather calm person in general. Also, I think that going straight to arguing makes more sense than showing everyone how unpleased you are with the results of the lynch (we know that all townies should be unpleased with the current results, anyway). Since we are playing a forum game, and not meatworld mafia, it does not even make so much sense to judge how real someone's show of unpleasedness appears. So I don't see how me being "too calm" relates to my alignment in the game, rather than my personality.
Mizzy wrote:He was the hammer on SA, which in effect saved Battousai's ass, making me think that Nyk knows something more than we do, namely Battousai's alignment.

Battousai's posting has not been consistent with what I'd consider pro-town posting from him for one, and two, I've been keeping an eye on him for a long time for some shady logic. That and Nyk out of the blue saved his ass.
This is a point I already tried to make this day: that this vote was
not
out of the blue, but that I made my preferences clear before through #725.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Mizzy »

Nyktorion wrote:This is a point I already tried to make this day: that this vote was
not
And yet you didn't actually vote until there was a tie, even though you thought he was pretty suspicious. We weren't in lylo then, so why did you go so long without voting? Also, according to your aforementioned #725, you even saw some points against Battousai. Your points against SA I responded to as saying they were newb-town-tells and you responded with:
Nyktorion wrote:However, what *is* making me a bit uneasy about TNE/SA is the fact that all other people who acted "obviously" anti-town (RC, mozsuggs, Earwig) turned up vanilla.
You've been here enough to know that anti-town != scum, so this line is bullshit coming from you. It's on the edge of WIFOM and is a shitty reason for suspecting anyone. The logic in that reads: "X person was obviously anti-town, and turned up vanilla, so person Y who is obviously pro-town I should suspect as scum." You're a better player than that.

Then you post your #743 but don't bother posting WHAT we have against him; you just feed right off of OGML's posts and vote opportunistically. It feels like you sat on the fence long enough to find an escape route before you voted and OGML miraculously gave you one.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Mizzy »

Mod:
Sorry, Gabe is sick and he's not sleeping much right now. Please consider me on V/LA until he's feeling better and I can actually function again. Feel free to replace me if you think it's needed.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Nyktorion »

Mizzy wrote:
Nyktorion wrote:This is a point I already tried to make this day: that this vote was
not
And yet you didn't actually vote until there was a tie, even though you thought he was pretty suspicious. We weren't in lylo then, so why did you go so long without voting? Also, according to your aforementioned #725, you even saw some points against Battousai.
We know
now
that we were not in LyLo D3, but we could not be that sure of it on D3 itself - actually, that very fact was one of the bigger topics of discussion on D3, I would say. So waiting with my vote was the very "playing it save" strategy that I was missing in Jester's play. And I did see points against Battousai, but #725 also shows his relative position: he is lower on the list, and he did not receive a FOS anymore.
Mizzy wrote:Your points against SA I responded to as saying they were newb-town-tells and you responded with:
Nyktorion wrote:However, what *is* making me a bit uneasy about TNE/SA is the fact that all other people who acted "obviously" anti-town (RC, mozsuggs, Earwig) turned up vanilla.
You've been here enough to know that anti-town != scum, so this line is bullshit coming from you. It's on the edge of WIFOM and is a shitty reason for suspecting anyone. The logic in that reads: "X person was obviously anti-town, and turned up vanilla, so person Y who is obviously pro-town I should suspect as scum." You're a better player than that.

Then you post your #743 but don't bother posting WHAT we have against him; you just feed right off of OGML's posts and vote opportunistically. It feels like you sat on the fence long enough to find an escape route before you voted and OGML miraculously gave you one.
First off, the Y in your quoted logic (TNE/SA) was also obviously anti-town, not pro-town (I think that was just a typo). Second, I do have my bad experiences with scum who use anti-town play to hide behind other townspeople with bigger anti-town play. Also, TNE's case was not pure anti-town play, but we also had his lying-incident from D1 speaking against him.

I don't think you should hold against me my reciting of OGML's main reason for voting SA (the D1 lying/newbie event). In fact, OGML himself repeated this one from discussions before, and frankly, back on D1, I was the first one to point out TNE's inconcsistency in #254 (Ecto and SlySly had voted him before, but for different reasons). What should be merited to OGML, though, is that he brought this issue back out of forgotenness into the current discussion (which then influenced my decisions in #725, of course).
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 4:25 am

Post by Jester »

So, OMGL, I've given you a full week. No movement.

mod
, please prod OMGL.

No further posts from me until OMGL posts, Battousai posts something substantive, or I come back here a few days before deadline to vote.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Nyktorion »

So this also means, you have no more comments to my last answers to you in #800?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Battousai »

Well Jester, I'm kind of waiting on you to post something for me to comment on since you are my number 1 suspect right now, followed by OMGML. I'm also waiting on you to respond to Nyk's 800
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 10:26 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Just arrived home from a brutal 2 day, 23 hour drive. Attending to the game I'm modding, followed by this one.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Your mod apologizes for the lack of vote count yesterday, and would like to remind you that deadline is 6 days from today.

Ninety-Second Vote Count:

Not Voting (5) - OhGodMyLife (rep. Ectomancer), Jester, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz)

It will take 3 votes to lynch before deadline

HoS Count (LyLo courtesy, no game significance):

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Jester (2) - OhGodMyLife, Nyktorion
Battousai (3) - OhGodMyLife, Mizzy, Nyktorion
Nyktorion (2) - Mizzy, OhGodMyLife

Final Deadline:
May 27, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 9:06 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I'm struggling with what to make of this ongoing debate between Jester and Nyktorion. I really don't think arguing over yesterday's conversation about how many scum there were likely to be in the setup is getting us anywhere, and in a way the very public spat they're having would be a brilliant distancing technique, because lynching one of them now puts the other in a great position for the endgame. But the language between them has just been so antagonistic that I don't know if that theory holds any water at all.

Battousai, I wish you would give us some reasons behind your suspicions, you seem like you're just coasting along here waiting for everyone else to make up their mind and not actually trying to help. That, along with the jester-nykt rivalry, is by a process of elimination making it seem extremely likely that you're scum with one of them. I hate to reach a conclusion that way, but I'm confident in Mizzy's townieness, and my own, and its looking less and less likely that jester and nyktorion could be scum together, which leaves you as the common denominator in all remaining possible scum teams.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Mizzy »

I still support a Battousai-lynch or a Nyk-lynch, and nothing I seem to have missed changes that even a little bit. I agree with OGML that Battousai is the common scum-denominator and the more he just posts the minimum required and doesn't show some real effort, the more I suspect him even on top of everything else.

I'd like to vote Battousai but I know we're in lylo and I want to make sure that the people I find as pro-town (OGML, Jester) are okay with that.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Battousai »

What would you like me to post? Right now I'm waiting on the most scummy person to me right now(Jester) to answer the questions of the person I find to be the most pro town (Nykt). I can't really see Nykt as being scum, because if he would be scum, I can't see anything coming from saving a pro town player from a lynch. Look at how bad he's looking right now, that's not WIFOM of scum play, that's just stupid scum play.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai wrote:I can't really see Nykt as being scum, because if he would be scum, I can't see anything coming from saving a pro town player from a lynch. Look at how bad he's looking right now, that's not WIFOM of scum play, that's just stupid scum play.
Except that he saved YOUR ass and we have no way of knowing what alignment you really are. So you can say he saved a townie all you want, and all we can do is roll our eyes at you.

Not to mention that he killed a townie in order to "save a townie." Not that I think you're town.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Battousai »

Yes he did help kill a townie in order to save a townie, but he went with who he thought would be the best candidate and he thought it wasn't me.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Ninety-Third Vote Count:

Not Voting (5) - OhGodMyLife (rep. Ectomancer), Jester, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz)

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai wrote:Yes he did help kill a townie in order to save a townie, but he went with who he thought would be the best candidate and he thought it wasn't me.
Well, unless you're a pro-town power-role, you weren't worth keeping alive.

Can we lynch Battousai now, please?

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Battousai »

Mizzy, what is your reasons for voting me? Don't give me pages to look up, just the cold facts of why you think I should be lynched.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai wrote:Mizzy, what is your reasons for voting me? Don't give me pages to look up, just the cold facts of why you think I should be lynched.
The biggest most blaring reason for wanting you lynched is the common denominator theory. It's very, very true. But other than that, you aren't fighting hard enough against your lynch, you've been wishywasy, lurker-ish, and the apparent motives behind some of your actions have been muddy at best and, in my opinion, downright scummy at worst.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Ninety-Fourth Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Jester »

Battousai wrote:I'm also waiting on you to respond to Nyk's 800
Oh? Why?

There's nothing in his 800 that isn't a direct repeat of "points" from his 769 and 788. He repeats the same bad arguments, ignores my responses to them, and fails to acknowledge it when I clearly expose his bad logic. So, I have no intention of responding to his 800. If I were going to, I would have already in my 804.

The only new thing he says in that entire post is that he thinks placing a vote sooner rather than later is "hasty." Apparently, he's very comfortable with a repeat of what happened at the end of D3.
Mizzy wrote:Can we lynch Battousai now, please?
I'm still comfortable with a lynch on either Nyktorion or Battousai. My preference is Nyktorion, but if the other townies want to go with Battousai, I'm also fine with that.

I'll again break my own "no weekends" rule and check in several times over the weekend.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Battousai »

Mizzy wrote:
Battousai wrote:Mizzy, what is your reasons for voting me? Don't give me pages to look up, just the cold facts of why you think I should be lynched.
The biggest most blaring reason for wanting you lynched is the common denominator theory. It's very, very true. But other than that, you aren't fighting hard enough against your lynch, you've been wishywasy, lurker-ish, and the apparent motives behind some of your actions have been muddy at best and, in my opinion, downright scummy at worst.
The reason I'm not fighting against my lynch hard enough is because there was nothing to defend against that I actually knew of that would warrant a lynch (besides the LCD theory).

Jester- The main point of 800 you are ignoring that I find scummy is your
denial
of wanting the vig to claim or not or to have everyone claim NOT to be the vig. I want(ed) to see how you would post to this.
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by Nyktorion »

Jester wrote:There's nothing in his 800 that isn't a direct repeat of "points" from his 769 and 788. He repeats the same bad arguments, ignores my responses to them, and fails to acknowledge it when I clearly expose his bad logic. So, I have no intention of responding to his 800. If I were going to, I would have already in my 804.
Yes, there were several things to which I answered similarly (in particular, I had to reference #725 rather often), but I do think that all instances of thee answers were fitting. In fact, when writing all my arguments, I did sometimes get the feeling that said #725 was rather overlooked, so that's probably how this repetition came to be.
Jester wrote:The only new thing he says in that entire post is that he thinks placing a vote sooner rather than later is "hasty." Apparently, he's very comfortable with a repeat of what happened at the end of D3.
Of course, I do not want the end of D3 to repeat itself. However, I don't think that the main contributor to that situation was the late voting, but rather the very low activity during the deadline and the fact that 4 out of 7 people did not vote "later rather than sooner", but had no vote at all at the ed of the day. You might be right that it may also help to start voting a little sooner (I am actually contemplating of casting my first actual vote somewhen during this weekend), but my point stands that voting already about 1.5 weeks before deadline is much too early still stands.

My obvious preference for today's lynch is obviously still Jester. As second person on my current list, Battousai would of course also be an option, but I am less certain about him than about Jester. There are some points against him though: Mizzy's #817 and my #725 (again :wink: ) show some points against him, and while it is nice that he is defending me in my current situation, it also has a smell of being "too good to be true". After the events of D3, this would be a plausible curse of action for a BattouScum, though: it does strengthen the idea of a Bat-Nyk link, and therefore sets me up for a D4 or D5 (after Bat's death) lynch, and would draw attention away from his actual scumbuddy Jester.

One question to Mizzy: I have never heard of this "common denominator theory". Is it something more generally used, which I should therefore remember, or did you just introduce the name?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Mizzy »

Nyktorion wrote:One question to Mizzy: I have never heard of this "common denominator theory". Is it something more generally used, which I should therefore remember, or did you just introduce the name?
Someone mentioned it before in this game, but it's basically looking at the most likely scumpairs and choosing to lynch the one party that appears the most times in the pairings. Basically:

Person A + Person B
Person B + Person C
Person D + Person B

Person B is scummy enough and has shown evidence that he could be a likely scumbuddy in each pairing, so the idea is that you would lynch him because he would be your best bet in catching scum.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Approximately 84 hours to deadline.

Ninety-Fourth Vote Count:

Jester (1) - Nyktorion
Nyktorion (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, less than 84 hours to deadline. I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Jester
for right now. I'm sure he won't be lynched before he has a chance to defend himself (would take the rest of the town to vote against him, or 1 townie and his partner to help clear the partner's position).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”