Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

EBWOP:

oh, and
unvote
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
OG Smokedank
OG Smokedank
Goon
OG Smokedank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by OG Smokedank »

DragonsofSummer wrote:Okay... thanks for your answers to my questions OG.

Here is the problem with the end of the day that I missed because I was extremely busy. My role name actually is COP.

I will at this point counter-claim OG. I honestly don't think they would give the town 2 cops in a 12 person game.

I feel like I should full claim since I'm counter claiming. I am Chris Onstead. The guy who created Achewood. I just want to find and root out the mafia infesting my masterpiece.
whod you investigate then?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:41 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote Count as of Post 276

Alabaska J (3):
OG Smokedank, mustafa15, populartajo

OG Smokedank (1):
Alabaska J

Not Voting (6):
Greasy Spot, thinktank, Musher333, lulumuumuu, DragonsofSummer, Lemming1607

6 to lynch

Lemming1607 has requested replacement

I realize yesterday was a Fuck You Friday, but some people seriously need to tone down the language.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Alabaska J »

A weight has been lifted off my shoulders! It's a good feeling.
confirm vote: OG Smokedank
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by populartajo »

Unvote
For the moment.
OG, this isnt a stupid question. What role did you get? Dont PM, explain it in your own words. Name and power.
Demonking, I ask the same question, target and result please.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
OG Smokedank
OG Smokedank
Goon
OG Smokedank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by OG Smokedank »

populartajo wrote:
Unvote
For the moment.
OG, this isnt a stupid question. What role did you get? Dont PM, explain it in your own words. Name and power.
i'm cornelius the bartender, because everyone in town comes in to drink at my bar, i know everyone in town and know who is a drinker and who isnt. this strongly implies that drinkers are not among the town and are therefore scum.
OG Smokedank
OG Smokedank
Goon
OG Smokedank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by OG Smokedank »

Alabaska J wrote:A weight has been lifted off my shoulders! It's a good feeling.
confirm vote: OG Smokedank
haha youre getting lynched either today or tomorrow so dont be too excited
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by populartajo »

So, did you "investigate" Alabaska?
Call me Tajo.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I investigated PBuG. It turned out not to matter since he got nked but yeah. I had a small suspicion of him when things got hectic for me, and so I investigated him.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
OG Smokedank
OG Smokedank
Goon
OG Smokedank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Post by OG Smokedank »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I investigated PBuG. It turned out not to matter since he got nked but yeah. I had a small suspicion of him when things got hectic for me, and so I investigated him.
hmm this sure is convenient
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 12:34 am

Post by Musher333 »

OG Smokedank wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:I investigated PBuG. It turned out not to matter since he got nked but yeah. I had a small suspicion of him when things got hectic for me, and so I investigated him.
hmm this sure is convenient
This happens all the time.... you can't call it false, i know i would have investigated you to make sure you were cop but whatever.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 4:29 am

Post by populartajo »

@OG:
populartajo wrote:So, did you "investigate" Alabaska? Oe what exactly did you do? Whats your power?
Dragon wrote:I investigated PBuG. It turned out not to matter since he got nked but yeah. I had a small suspicion of him when things got hectic for me, and so I investigated him.
It seems indeed convenient. Dragon why did you investigate PbUG? Who were your other possibilities?
Im still unsure about Dragon's claim. Why would he need, assuming he's scum, "counterclaim" someone that could be dead if she´s lying.
Thast why I need that OG explains whats his power. Does your role says that people not drinking in the bar are scum?
Call me Tajo.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 4:53 am

Post by thinktank »

so...OG did you get a read on someone as part of your night ability? is that why you're voting for Alabaska or were you blocked?

Dragon, why did you investigate PBug and OG? I'm not challenging your claim yet but seems kind of shady that if you're really the cop and someone like OG who has been under fire claims under so much pressure from everyone else that perhaps that claim is fake.. ignoring the very unlikely hood of there being 2 cops in one game, especially two cops who seem to have the exact the same role.

Chances are one of you is scum because generally there aren't two cops in a game, especially when there only seems to be one anti town faction...
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 5:06 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote Count as of Post 287

Alabaska J (2):
OG Smokedank, mustafa15

OG Smokedank (1):
Alabaska J

Not Voting (7):
Greasy Spot, thinktank, Musher333, lulumuumuu, DragonsofSummer, Cipher
Lemming1607
, populartajo

6 to lynch

Cipher replaces Lemming1607!
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Alabaska J »

OG Smokedank wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Unvote
For the moment.
i'm cornelius the bartender, because everyone in town comes in to drink at my bar, i know everyone in town and know who is a drinker and who isnt. this strongly implies that drinkers are not among the town and are therefore scum.
Or it could imply that those who drink are scum and those who don't are town. The mafia could chill out at your bar, for all we know. Seeing as PBuG was a five-year old stuffed animal…

Also, can someone please confirm whether or not Todd Todd Todd drinks? This would help immensely.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Cipher »

Hi all! I gots some readin' to do.
OG Smokedank
OG Smokedank
Goon
OG Smokedank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by OG Smokedank »

populartajo wrote:@OG:
populartajo wrote:So, did you "investigate" Alabaska? Oe what exactly did you do? Whats your power?
Dragon wrote:I investigated PBuG. It turned out not to matter since he got nked but yeah. I had a small suspicion of him when things got hectic for me, and so I investigated him.
It seems indeed convenient. Dragon why did you investigate PbUG? Who were your other possibilities?
Im still unsure about Dragon's claim. Why would he need, assuming he's scum, "counterclaim" someone that could be dead if she´s lying.
Thast why I need that OG explains whats his power. Does your role says that people not drinking in the bar are scum?
i could ask the mod directly but i doubt i'd get a direct answer. my role seems to heavily imply it, although it doesnt explicitly say it. i would put money on alabaska flipping scum though, i doubt he would put money on himself flipping town
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

here's the link to achewood on wikipedia :

there's no section on todd. it does say that philippe is perpetually 5 and lives in the house, while ray (and most of the other main characters) live underground. cornelius is, in fact, the bar owner, and chris onstead is the creator.

i haven't read the comic myself, so i don't know whether todd or philippe drinks, and it's very long, there would be something like seven and a half years worth of comic to read.

so i'm weirded out that PBug got investigated. he's probably the most experienced of us here and i suppose he'd be worth investigating, but it just seems funny that he's also the one that most seemed to get a town feeling on. very convenient indeed.

i'm trying to think of who would be the best lynch for today-- whose lynch will give us the most information.
i still think lynching alabaska is one of our better options over a possible cop. i don't think there would be two cops, and since we know OG got guilty on alabaska, no matter what he comes up as, we know who to lynch next.
Show

meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
[/size]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by populartajo »

OG, does your action target?
Call me Tajo.
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Cipher »

This game seems to have kind of descended into a role-off at this point.

I pretty much 100% believe that DoS is telling the truth with his claim. The only reason for scum to out themselves like would be that his buddy (Alabaska, in this case) was nailed by the real cop, and it would obviously be stupid for DoS reveal himself out of nowhere in that situation.

Based on that, either OG is lying or there's some kind of twist with the investigative roles. The flavour of OG's claim looks pretty believable to me, so I'm thinking it's probably the latter. The drinking/non-drinking thing looks more like a tool to verify whether someone is claiming their flavour truthfully, rather than a way of finding alignment directly. It's also possible that DoS is insane/paranoid/naive. I can't see that they could both be giving us accurate results on players' alignments, unless the scum have some big power that balances it out.

DoS: Despite his death, did you actually get an innocent result (or any result at all) from your investigation on PBuG?

I need to read back a bit to see who is a good lynch for today. Current thought: given that the town is in a good position numbers-wise, we could probably bear to lynch Alabaska J today to test OG's result, then look at OG and DoS's results tomorrow and try to figure things out from there.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I got an innocent result. I investigated PBuG over OG because I sent in my night choice before I read the rest of the thread. It may not have been the best decision, but I saw it was night when I had a second to check in, and sent in my choice. I had only checked to see who was lynched, and had not read any of the interim.

vote OG Smokedank
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
OG Smokedank
OG Smokedank
Goon
OG Smokedank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by OG Smokedank »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I got an innocent result. I investigated PBuG over OG because I sent in my night choice before I read the rest of the thread. It may not have been the best decision, but I saw it was night when I had a second to check in, and sent in my choice. I had only checked to see who was lynched, and had not read any of the interim.

vote OG Smokedank
does anyone believe this shit? sends in his night actions before he reads the rest of the thread? what a great cop!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by populartajo »

Og, does your action target? Does your role says exactly cop? Or did you assume it? In order to find out exactly what is going on here we have to be very specific about your role.
Anyways, think for a sec about Dragon's claim. Dont you think its a bad play for him as scum to counterclaim to discredit you? The only reason for him to do it is that he's indeed the cop or that he's a desesperate and a really bad scum.
But if you arent the cop, or at least, your role doesnt specify it, voila, Dragon has more possibilities of being our cop than you.
Im guessing you assumed you were the cop even though its not specified, right?
Dragon, there is no reason for voting for OG. I still believe her claim and that he assumed many things but Im not sure if people drinking or not drinking on the bar can decide if someone is or isnt scum. What exactly do you think of Alabaska?
Does flavor usually influence that much in games?
Call me Tajo.
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

Cipher wrote: I pretty much 100% believe that DoS is telling the truth with his claim.
The only reason for scum to out themselves like would be that his buddy (Alabaska, in this case) was nailed by the real cop, and it would obviously be stupid for DoS reveal himself out of nowhere in that situation.....

Based on that, either OG is lying or there's some kind of twist with the investigative roles. The flavour of OG's claim looks pretty believable to me, so I'm thinking it's probably the latter. The drinking/non-drinking thing looks more like a tool to verify whether someone is claiming their flavour truthfully, rather than a way of finding alignment directly. It's also possible that DoS is insane/paranoid/naive. I can't see that they could both be giving us accurate results on players' alignments, unless the scum have some big power that balances it out.
so you're saying you think they both have investigative (cop) roles? or that they have twisted informational roles?
DragonsofSummer wrote: Here is the problem with the end of the day that I missed because I was extremely busy. My role name actually is COP....
I feel like I should full claim since I'm counter claiming. I am Chris Onstead. The guy who created Achewood. I just want to find and root out the mafia infesting my masterpiece.
OG Smokedank wrote: i'm cornelius the bartender, my role is basically cop, every night i get to see if someone is a drinker there or not. maybe now some of you will be forced to look at more than one player this entire game.
my problem with that is they're both saying they're cops. DoS has role claimed chris onstead COP, and OG has role claimed cornelius, COP and called herself cop throughout. if she thought she was some other kind of info role i don't think she'd call herself "cop", and ditto with DoS.
also, it seems funny for them both to be there because flavor-wise they aren't really roles that could "go together". cornelius is a character in the comic, and chris onstead-- isnt.
Cipher wrote: I need to read back a bit to see who is a good lynch for today. Current thought: given that the town is in a good position numbers-wise, we could probably bear to lynch Alabaska J today to test OG's result, then look at OG and DoS's results tomorrow and try to figure things out from there.
i don't think there could be two cops in this game. maybe two informational roles, but these two have claimed "cop". maybe it's more overanalysis on my part, but it doesn't seem right.
IMO, alabaska is the best lynch today, and depending on the results, we can go after DoS or OG the next day. i feel one of them must be lying.
Show

[/size]
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by Cipher »

lulu muumuu wrote:
Cipher wrote: I pretty much 100% believe that DoS is telling the truth with his claim.
The only reason for scum to out themselves like would be that his buddy (Alabaska, in this case) was nailed by the real cop, and it would obviously be stupid for DoS reveal himself out of nowhere in that situation.....

so you're saying you think they both have investigative (cop) roles? or that they have twisted informational roles?
I don't think they're both "true" cops. If DoS is a sane cop then OG could be investigating for flavour-based information that isn't directly related to alignment. If OG is (effectively) a sane cop who happens to get flavour-based results then DoS could be non-sane. Alternatively, they could both have "twisted" roles. Finally, one or both of them could be lying about their role. I'm not sure at this point which is most likely - it really depends on what other roles are in the game.
DragonsofSummer wrote: Here is the problem with the end of the day that I missed because I was extremely busy. My role name actually is COP....
OG Smokedank wrote: i'm cornelius the bartender, my role is basically cop, every night i get to see if someone is a drinker there or not. maybe now some of you will be forced to look at more than one player this entire game.
my problem with that is they're both saying they're cops. DoS has role claimed chris onstead COP, and OG has role claimed cornelius, COP and called herself cop throughout. if she thought she was some other kind of info role i don't think she'd call herself "cop", and ditto with DoS.
also, it seems funny for them both to be there because flavor-wise they aren't really roles that could "go together". cornelius is a character in the comic, and chris onstead-- isnt.
I read OG's "cop" claim as being based on her assumption of what her investigative ability meant. I suspect that she saw that she had an investigative role and immediately thought "cop", without considering that she might be investigating for something else. It probably helps that I came into the game late and read the more recent posts before I saw OG's claim, as I didn't have her set in my head as "the cop" when I saw DoS' claim.

Your point about the flavour is interesting - I'm not at all familiar with the subject matter myself so I hadn't really considered it. I'll read the Wikipedia article when I get a moment and then see what I think.
Cipher wrote: I need to read back a bit to see who is a good lynch for today. Current thought: given that the town is in a good position numbers-wise, we could probably bear to lynch Alabaska J today to test OG's result, then look at OG and DoS's results tomorrow and try to figure things out from there.
i don't think there could be two cops in this game. maybe two informational roles, but these two have claimed "cop". maybe it's more overanalysis on my part, but it doesn't seem right.
IMO, alabaska is the best lynch today, and depending on the results, we can go after DoS or OG the next day. i feel one of them must be lying.
I'm not so sure about one of them lying at this point, but I'm pretty sure that at least one of them has made an incorrect assumption. We'll most likely know more once we go through another night - hopefully they'll both manage to pick someone who doesn't die.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”