MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:52 pm

Post by MMCL »

I'm feeling a bit better - but am very tired and still very achy... :(

Oooh... I see that the ball's in my court again, eh?

I have additional information that makes me believe you are scum Tally.... of course in mafia games you can never be 100% sure about that information, as any information role can be effected by sanity. But let's look at how
*_I_*
play mafia games....

1) I am terrible when it comes to dropping in little clues - often every post has them if you look hard enough - I haven't really done that here because of my WEEK FROM HELL™.

2) If I am an innocent, I have a proven track record (hell, the newbie game with Tally and PB that I discussed before - as the latest example) of trying to find and prove my innocence to other people. People that know they can trust each other are a far superior force to be reckoned with (I think we can all agree with that) - especially in mafia games.

3) When I have an investigative role I tend to attack and wait for a response. I always chose someone I know as my first target as I don

Ultimately - I have reason to believe Tally is scum. I will
not
'out' myself and say which kind of information role I have - but I believe I will need protection tonight as a result.
Nothing I have seen from Tally has suggested to me that she is NOT scum - in fact, the last few posts of hers seem to be positively digging me for information on my role so she can give her scum-buddies a better target tonight.

DAY ONEs are always hard - but I would rather lynch a friend on a 50/50 cos I know they won't end up hating me for it ;)
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:35 pm

Post by MMCL »

ack... half of sentence got deleted...

That'll teach me for posting when Im still shaking...

should read:

3) When I have an investigative role I tend to attack and wait for a response. I always choose someone I know as my first target as I don
't need to worry when it comes to analysing their responses. An unknown would be far harder to verify.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:43 am

Post by Talitha »

in fact, the last few posts of hers seem to be positively digging me for information on my role so she can give her scum-buddies a better target tonight.
MMCL, I very much doubt you'll be a target tonight seeing as you have pointed to an
innocent
with supposed information. And I very much doubt that you'll get protection tonight, and rightly so.

I'm trying to protect my role because it's in the best interest of the town. I guess I have to leave it to the town to decide whether I claim or not.

unvote: MMCL, vote: lulu
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:45 am

Post by MMCL »

And your reason for unvoting me? other than just for show?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:57 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay, I will play along. I have seen reasons to not suspect Tailtha but given MMCL claim that it is based on info and I have seen him play strongly I cannot help but follow suit. Okay, I will play along. I have seen reasons to not suspect Tailtha but given MMCL claim that it is based on info and I have seen him play strongly I cannot help but follow suit.
Vote Talitha
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:49 am

Post by MMCL »

FOS: PB
for not using the preview button, but instead, cutting and pasting his reply....

Anyone who so obviously 'crafts' his replies before posting is surely suspect....
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:08 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

I craft my replies???

I have yet to try the preview button. No idea how that happened. Probably pasted twice because I was going to vote and posting in quick reply when I realized I wanted to vote. Must have pasted twice.

That is the first time I have ever been accused of carefuly crafting my replies...lol
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:20 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

oh and thanks MMCL :D -- since I never tried Preview at least knowingly I didn't know that the "posting tools" were available. All this time I have been cutting and pasting and then bolding votes after hiting add reply. This is far easier. :mrgreen:
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:27 am

Post by MMCL »

OK - I would UN-FOS you if that was necessary or worth it :)

I meant crafting a reply because it was obvious you had written it in one place, and then pasted it in.. (the double paste)...

Remember kids... Preview is our friend.
:P
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:06 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Is it ever.

These little claims are nice and all, but we're getting no information.

I'm a little curious why not claim fully, because I'd say that's a definate call for protection.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:40 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

STD- I understand the play. In general keeping claim vague keeps the scum guessing. Granted if we had full information from MMCL we can make a better decision on whether to follow his lead.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:30 am

Post by MMCL »

I have already stated that I need protection ;) Only Tally said I should not be protected - before prompting me to reveal my role in more detail...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:35 am

Post by Talitha »

Actually, I implied that WHEN I am revealed as an innocent, you WON'T be protected. No 'should' or 'should not' about it.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:49 am

Post by MMCL »

I don't want to argue over semantics... but "rightly so" regarding me NOT being protected?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:54 am

Post by Mgm »

Unless you prove you can be trusted, I don't see why you should get protection. You yourself admit you're not 100% sure about Tally's guilt.

What are we supposed to do tomorrow if Tally turned out to be innocent? Would I be wrong in predicting an insanity plea from you?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:09 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

okay I am going thinking of unvoting now againI hate this-

It is like a tennis match right now. Well I am going to leave my vote where it is for the minute but I am not convinced.

Do we need to push the MMCL-Tally question further or let it sort it self out with more information? One problem MMCL is whatever your role is, we don't know all the roles and all the ways you could be wrong or why. And many roles can catch innocents along with the guilty.

Do we want to push Tally to claim here as well?

If we go in another direction what would be a good target?

The one's initially on the Tally vote might be a good place to start.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:22 pm

Post by Wacky »

This is getting irritating. Maybe they're all scum. Tally does seem like she's digging for info, MMCL does look increasingly like he's pulling a Lepton, Nanook is just plain scummy the way he encourages people, PeaceBringer's doublepaste looks weird, and I better not die tonight or I will be very annoyed at MMCL. The doc should make up his own mind.

Now that I got those incomprehensible statements out of the way, I think I'll ask for a
Vote Count (please)
and wait for this to sort itself out.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

MMCL: Yes, OK. "rightly so" was giving my opinion on the matter. And yes it is the docs own opinion that matters.

So, what now?
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:05 am

Post by MMCL »

Well - we are kind of at a stalemate I guess....
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:12 am

Post by Talitha »

Still waiting on the vote count, but while we do, perhaps everyone could state whether they belong to the 'Lynch Talitha' or 'Don't Lynch Talitha' faction.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:22 am

Post by MMCL »

I think my stance is quite clear... as would yours, right Tally?

I'm not 100% sure you are scum tally - I've said this from the outset, so please convince me otherwise (if you can) :)
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:00 am

Post by silgado106 »

I have re-read the thread, and while we wait for the vote count I am going to place my vote on lulu.
Vote: Lulu

I had not seen her posts as scummy when I read them the first times through, but I think that might have been because I was blindsided by the whole MMCL/Talitha thing. While re-reading the thread I did agree with Tally when she said that Lulu's statement regarding not wanting to look scummy actually seemed scummy. I know I never want to look scummy either, because of course if you are town you don't want to get lynched and leave the town in a disadvantage, but I usually try to post my feelings about the mafia, and then if someone claims something I said is scummy then I just have to defend myself, as I
know
I am not scum, there isn't something I can really say that would come from a mafia's perspective, because I'm not! So if you are deliberately trying not to look scummy OVER trying to lynch scum, then is either not very good town play, or plain scum.

So then, I wouldn't mind hearing from Lulu again. As well as from others that we haven't heard from in a while, like ralph, et all.

I'm also not entirely in the lynch Talitha faction or the not lynch Talitha one, because I certainly would like more information before making any sort of lynch, whether that be from MMCL, or Talitha's posts. The more posts, the more there is to look at, and the more info we can have later on in the game, as to pairing scum, etc.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:24 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'm in the "not lynch Talitha" camp. MMCL's "evidence" suggests a greater than to be expected likelihood that one of the two of them is scum, so normally I'd be inclined to lynch one of them just because it's the best information we're going to get Day One. But, if we lynch Talitha and she's town, MMCL has allowed himself a way to wriggle out. Or, if we lynch MMCL and he's telling the truth, we've killed off an investigative role. I'd rather file this away for later and go for somebody else today.

I have a random vote on Uraj45, but his lack of participation and relative non-participation (a random vote, and a jump on the Talitha bandwagon) doesn't do anything to make me want to move it.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:27 am

Post by Fuldu »

Aargh, this is what happens when I edit sentences on the fly. That last bit should read "...lack of insights and relative non-participation..."
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:46 am

Post by Mgm »

For the record: Personally, I agree with what Fuldu said in post 172. I'm not convinced yet either way on the MMCL- Tally argument, so I don't want to lynch either of them right now.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”