Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:57 am

Post by silence »

zu_Faul wrote:Silence, you want to lynch me or BlackWolf only because I didn't attack him? And because I switched my vote after he posted?
Didn't understand this is a question, I thought you meant only state that you think my accusations are weak. I want to lynch you or BlackWolf based on the reasons I stated. Because you attacked other people for a reason that applied better to BlackWolf. That may be the weakest accusation you ever saw but everything else I could come up with is even weaker and I think it is generally accepted that a no lynch is even worse.

How is not voting 'staying under the radar' when everyone else is voting? Certainly it would be easier to avoid attention by voting just like everyone else. Also, see newbie games 435 and 504 for evidence of my reluctance to vote as a townie.

Anyway, the deadline is approaching and I finally realized that because of the tiebreaking rule it is better to vote sooner than later, so
Vote: BlackWolf
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Interesting... now we are finally getting you to talk...

Battousai, gorillaman, nocmen - what you guys think about silence?
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Battousai »

unvote, vote: weilawei
, just because weilawei isn't posting, making the game less fun.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:29 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
weilawei (4): Atticus, gorillaman, Mr. Blonde, Battousai
BlackWolf (2): Nocmen, silence
silence (2): BlackWolf, Zu_Faul
gorillaman (1): weilawei

Not voting (0): No one

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch, and 3 to lynch at deadline. Right now, when deadline hits, weilawei will be lynched. Prodding weilawei.
Last edited by bird1111 on Tue May 27, 2008 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:32 am

Post by zu_Faul »

silence wrote:How is not voting 'staying under the radar' when everyone else is voting? Certainly it would be easier to avoid attention by voting just like everyone else. Also, see newbie games 435 and 504 for evidence of my reluctance to vote as a townie.
This were two seperate points. Your staying under the radar was by you posting rarely, and then mostly not relevant content.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

miscount: silence voted BlackWolf...

I accidentally forgot to take him off the not voting list. Fixed.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Silence's posts leave a somewhat bad taste with me afterwards, to the point where it is somewhat threatening. I don't like that he has gone under the radar either. I would like it if he is much more active day 2 than he was today. But he does live up to his name.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by weilawei »

gorillaman wrote:
weilawei wrote:
Atticus wrote:Oh, I seem to have forgotten to
Vote: weilawei
. And no, Mr. Blonde, I've yet to do a more thorough look into things. Might have time for that tonight. Also waiting on weilawei.
I seem to have forgotten why you voted me.
You're stalling. Go back and have a look at his post before that.
Last I cheked, his post cited failure to understand basic statistics as his reason for voting me. Battousai's high percentage of activity struck me as scummy, not him having "only" 20% as Atticus would have you believe.

Atticus, you think I'm scummy because
you
can't be bothered to read and understand another player's analysis. That smacks of bad play to me.

I'd appreciate if you'd cease the ad hominem attacks. My name is a word from old english, from which the modern term "wellaway" is derived. It has quite a bit more to do with my background in etymology than any background writing canned lyrics.

I don't like silence and blackwolf's attitude which leans towards "I don't know what to do!" Blackwolf's stated focus on defensiveness seems especially suspect. However, I do appreciate silence's recent contributions for scum candidates as this represents potentially useful information.

silence cites a joint theory explained in post 291, referring us to post 174 where zu_faul FoS'es Battousai, Nocmen, and Atticus without so much as explaining why each of them is worthy. This does strike me as a tad odd.

However, at this point, blackwolf has given me more reason to believe he is scum. His purely defensive attitude is completely unhelpful.

I'm going to
unvote, vote: blackwolf
for his especially defensive stance and his apparently retaliatory vote towards silence.

Gorrilaman and Mr. Blonde--you'll kindly notice that I haven't been all that active anywhere. I have a life and personal issues that required my attention. I read Atticus' reasoning and found it lacking in substantive claims.

Also, I fail to see how logical and statistical reasoning is a bad strategy. If you'll kindly suggest a strategy better suited to finding scum, I'll consider adopting it. I consider gut feelings to be rash and unwise.

Battousai, you have yet to make a clear case directly against me, yet you seem eager to hammer. Why?
[size=67]you will birth a god and build an eternal paradise[/size]
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by gorillaman »

I see nothing in weilawei's latest post that changes my opinion of him.

I'd like to make a meatier post, but I'm afraid I'm exhausted at the moment.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

small miscount typo in post 353:
weilawei (3): Atticus, gorillaman, Mr. Blonde, Battousai
=>
weilawei (4): Atticus, gorillaman, Mr. Blonde, Battousai

Fixing the tag, and fixed the error.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

No reason to change my vote at the moment.

weilawei, I understand that a defensive stance is unhelpful to town. However, all I did was state that I find it easier to defend myself then to attack. that in no way means I'll be completely absent from scum-hunting, just that I'm better defending myself, since I ALWAYS know what I did and why I did it.

Second, I voted silence for reasons I gave. Then silence votes me for waeker reasons after I voted him. How does that make my vote retalitary?
T : 0 / 2 S : 0 / 0 O : 0 / 0
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Gorrilaman and Mr. Blonde--you'll kindly notice that I haven't been all that active anywhere. I have a life and personal issues that required my attention. I read Atticus' reasoning and found it lacking in substantive claims.
Well, looks like you've found time now when you are almost getting lynched.

I don't know if you are a scum or not, there's no way one can tell who is a scum at this point, but we gotta pick somebody.
Also, I fail to see how logical and statistical reasoning is a bad strategy. If you'll kindly suggest a strategy better suited to finding scum, I'll consider adopting it. I consider gut feelings to be rash and unwise.
Right now it's pretty much only thing we got, it's so early game.

I don't know who is scum, but BlackWolf's defensiveness is quite logical: he has been attacked most. I don't know if he is a scum or not, but right now silence & weilawei sound most suspicious to me.

unvote weilawei
(weilawei, I'm not letting you off the hook. I'm waiting for the mod to fix that error count in post 353 > weilawei had 4 votes, not 3 like the number says. I don't want somebody to get lynched just for a miscount. As soon as the mod fixes the votecount my vote goes back to weilawei as the 4th vote)
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Mr. Blonde »

How many hours is it before the deadline?

A little under 10 hours from this post
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by Nocmen »

weilawei - Being inactive all over is not an excuse for being inactive.

As for BlackWolf being defensive, there is a point where you must go and still try to attack some people, look into them being scum and point that out. I don't like the way he is not doing that. My logic recently playing mafia is that one of the best defenses is to try and point out people that have done things just like you have.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 am

Post by weilawei »

Nocmen wrote:weilawei - Being inactive all over is not an excuse for being inactive.
I didn't say it was. I said they were wrong. There's a large difference.
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:01 am

Post by weilawei »

Mr. Blonde wrote:Right now it's pretty much only thing we got, it's so early game.
Apparently not, since I've been attempting to apply something besides gut feeling. Now, if you would suggest a better strategy.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Okaydokie. Why did you switch away from gorillaman (who had no other votes)?
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:35 am

Post by gorillaman »

I'm not confident enough in this idea to change my vote, but regarding silence and BlackWolf: their late voting suggests to me that at least one of them is scum. With so many potential wagons, they would want to keep their options open. Of the two, I find BlackWolf much the scummier.
Battousai wrote:unvote, vote: weilawei, just because weilawei isn't posting, making the game less fun.
This doesn't seem like the post of a man boasting about his 100% win record in his sig. If you think BlackWolf is even slightly more likely to be scum, which presumably you do since your vote was on him before this post, but think lynching weilawei would make the game more fun, I'd prefer you to vote for BlackWolf.

To expand a little on why weilawei's post wasn't good enough, he was accused of lurking and replied that he was busy. Well obviously, that's what someone who was actually busy would say and it's what scum caught lurking would say.
weilawei, I happened to see you logged in on the 25th, why didn't you say something?
weilawei
weilawei
Townie
weilawei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:51 am

Post by weilawei »

gorillaman wrote:weilawei, I happened to see you logged in on the 25th, why didn't you say something?
Do you want me to make up something or the real reason? :? The real reason is slightly embarassing.

I live about 3 hours away from my girlfriend (Me: w. mass, her: cape) and thus don't get to see her very often. I logged in on her lappy and she took the computer. >_< Clearly, she had plans besides watching me play Mafia. I probably won't see her again for another 2 weeks, so I wouldn't worry until then.

As for the not posting until I'm getting lynched--I was prodded by the mod. I check my email regardless of whatever else I'm doing since it's crucial to my job.

Mr. Blonde, my reasoning for voting gorillaman is based on an amount of evidence (post 230) that simply cannot stack up to the way blackwolf is playing.

I feel that Battousai is actually the scummiest, second to BlackWolf, but priorities are in order. We have 2 mafia. We can only lynch one person. Battousai's attitude is at least somewhat helpful to gameplay, despite his scumminess. BlackWolf isn't going to start pointing fingers that would more concretely allow us to find holes in his logic. This makes him nearly worthless.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:58 am

Post by gorillaman »

weilawei wrote:
gorillaman wrote:weilawei, I happened to see you logged in on the 25th, why didn't you say something?
Do you want me to make up something or the real reason?
Mainly I just wanted to see if you'd deny it.
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

I also dislike Battousai's reason for vote: if weilawei is too busy to play then there's always the possibility for replacements.

silence has kept so silent that it makes me wonder if that guys is a scum lurking... waiting townies to kill each other - and then just appears to vote something in the last minutes.

silence is voting blackwolf, blackwolf is voting silence - and weilawei is voting blackwolf. uhh...

In the end, we really cannot tell who is the scum, and deadline is looming. BlackWolf could be scum, but I'm getting town-vibes from him. weilawei sounds suspicious. first he says he is busy with personal life and then says that "doesn't see girlfriend often" and then uses that time to log in to mafia?

Not sure who to vote, but it's probably either weilawei or silence.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:47 am

Post by BlackWolf »

I think Weilawei's reason is legit, so I'm keeping my vote on silence.

And Nocmen, what you're suggesting sounds a lot like scape-goating. Isn't that actually a scum-tactic?
T : 0 / 2 S : 0 / 0 O : 0 / 0
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Mr. Blonde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Hmm, deadline is coming so soon. I don't know if it is BlackWolf, weilawei or silence but since we gotta pick one I shall:

vote silence

for being so silent during the game. I take he is a scum lurking & waiting townies to lynch each other - that's my gut feeling.
[i]Lost in quotes[/i]
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:41 am

Post by gorillaman »

unvote; vote: BlackWolf
again.

Can't really do otherwise. Reluctance to vote, unnecessary role claim, various little things and the other reasons I've already given.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:45 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count with about 30 minutes to go:
BlackWolf (4): Nocmen, silence, weilawei, gorillaman
silence (3): BlackWolf, Zu_Faul, Mr. Blonde
weilawei (2): Atticus, Battousai

Not voting (0): No one

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch, and 3 to lynch at deadline. Right now, when deadline hits, BlackWolf will be lynched.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”