icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:46 am

Post by icemanE »

FaerieLord wrote:
iceman wrote:Also, and this is funny, Lowell moved his vote TO GS only AFTER GS claimed doc. Scummiest move I think I've ever seen: he wasn't voting for GS until he learned that he was doc. That's so ridiculously scummy I can't help but change my FoS to:

vote: Lowell

I suggest you all take a look at him as well.
Weren't you outing me for protecting GS? Why the change of heart now?

Also, I am not getting what Lowell is trying to say.

I suppose you could say I came to my senses - there was no counterclaim, so it makes no sense not to believe it.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:16 am

Post by TDC »

There could still come one though.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Johoohno wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:I am not trying to throw the light off my bad behavior in this game but
there is no one to protect me from a NK
. Scum know I am an easy target tonight.
Do you know something of the game setup?

(My boldings in quote above)
I am assuming the town only has a doc and maybe a cop. My assumption could be flawed.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:19 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

johoohno wrote: Do you know something of the game setup?
Seems a pretty reasonable assumption that there aren't two protective roles, and. . . what are you getting at? Scum aren't going to know what power roles are in the game either.

Anyway, I am not the doc. If you are not the doc, please say so, so we can get this whole, "there might be a counterclaim" business over with.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

Greasy Spot 1
-
Lowell

icemanE 1-
TheSweatpantsNinja

Lowell 1-
icemanE
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Wed May 28, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Greasy Spot wrote:I am not trying to throw the light off my bad behavior in this game but there is no one to protect me from a NK. Scum know I am an easy target tonight.
I don't mind them killing you all that much. It's their job. I'd mind though if the town lynched you, because that's wasting one of our few attempts at catching scum
Johoohno wrote:Do you know something of the game setup?
Oh come on! What other similar to doctor role could there be in a 12 person mini!

Oh, and I'm no doctor either.

But people, please don't say something like "I'm not a doctor, heh, I'm a cop!" Just leave it to "Not a doctor" or "A doctor"
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

FaerieLord wrote:I don't mind them killing you all that much. It's their job. I'd mind though if the town lynched you, because that's wasting one of our few attempts at catching scum
That's what I was trying to imply without coming out and saying "Don't Lynch me." I'm already a dead man.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote iceman

Still don't like this, but if GS is lying I suppose we'll get him anyway.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:46 am

Post by icemanE »

@ Lowell - what makes you so convinced that GS is lying about being doc?

Also:
Still don't like this, but if GS is lying I suppose we'll get him anyway.
What are you saying here? It seems like you're saying you don't like the fact that you're voting for me. Is that the case? If so, there's no reason to. There is no reason to limit yourself to choosing between myself and Greasy Spot - and additionally, you're misguided on both counts. I am about 90% sure you're scum now. The only thing keeping me from being 100% sure is that you haven't come right out and said it. Other than that I can't possibly imagine you not being mafia.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

FoS: Iceman

UGH! Stop rolefishing!

If Lowel has any kind of reason to suspect that GS is not telling the truth, do you REALLY think it's to the towns best interest for him to tell it? Think what that would mean.

THINK for fucks sake.

He's obviously saying he doesn't like leaving greasy spot alive, you dolt... You're 90% sure he's scum now? Why? Because of some missinterpretation of his post that doesn't make any sense at all? Because he's voting you? Do tell, please dear god how can you be 90% certain that he's scum? You're sounding just like zeek.

Oh, and I am not a doc or a RB.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 am

Post by icemanE »

Thestatusquo wrote:

UGH! Stop rolefishing!

If Lowel has any kind of reason to suspect that GS is not telling the truth, do you REALLY think it's to the towns best interest for him to tell it? Think what that would mean.

THINK for fucks sake.

He's obviously saying he doesn't like leaving greasy spot alive, you dolt... You're 90% sure he's scum now? Why? Because of some missinterpretation of his post that doesn't make any sense at all? Because he's voting you? Do tell, please dear god how can you be 90% certain that he's scum? You're sounding just like zeek.

I know what you're trying to say. I DO NOT think Lowell is doc, at all. I'm not rolefishing at all because if Lowell claims doc I won't believe it anyways.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:16 am

Post by icemanE »

Also, Status, I've explained why I think he's scum over the past couple pages, read it for yourself.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:28 am

Post by icemanE »

TSQ wrote: GreasySpot is town by logic of N1
You said yourself that Greasy is town. Why are you defending Lowell. Perhaps a TSQ-Lowell scumteam? I'll look into that.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 am

Post by FaerieLord »

icemanE wrote:
TSQ wrote: GreasySpot is town by logic of N1
You said yourself that Greasy is town. Why are you defending Lowell. Perhaps a TSQ-Lowell scumteam? I'll look into that.
Or he just doesn't agree with you. That's also a possibility.

Also,
iceman wrote:Also, and this is funny, Lowell moved his vote TO GS only AFTER GS claimed doc. Scummiest move I think I've ever seen: he wasn't voting for GS until he learned that he was doc. That's so ridiculously scummy I can't help but change my FoS to:

vote: Lowell

I suggest you all take a look at him as well.
iceman wrote:After a reread I'm gonna have to FoS: Lowell for being the most blatant bandwagoner on the planet.
This is not an explanation. If you can conclude that someone that bandwagoned someone, and voted for someone you don't necessarily agree with (although you agreed with him, before I explained the whole scenario in the beginning of the day), then you don't deserve that L avatar.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:41 am

Post by icemanE »

Doesn't agree with what? He said Greasy was town, then he defended Lowell for not believing Greasy, who claimed a town role. It's totally inconsistent, I'd like to hear TSQ speak for himself on that one, since I'm sure he'll do a fine job.
This is not an explanation. If you can conclude that someone that bandwagoned someone, and voted for someone you don't necessarily agree with (although you agreed with him, before I explained the whole scenario in the beginning of the day), then you don't deserve that L avatar.

...I'm no 100% sure what you're saying here. I DID conclude that he bandwagoned (because he did) and he DID vote for someone I didn't agree with... where's the gap? I don't understand why being suspicious of someone for either of those reasons is a band thing. And THANK YOU MASTER for explaining the situation for me, and please, feel free to tell me what I do and don't 'deserve' to use as my avatar. Do you have magical female fairy powers? If not, you don't deserve that avatar.

@ Faerie - what motivates you to speak for other players when questions are clearly addressed to only them? You bring in an unnecessary foreign perspective if you answer BEFORE the player is able to. Making conclusions AFTER the other player answers is appropriate, but I think you befuddle things if you answer questions in someone else's place. It simply complicates the matter.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:42 am

Post by icemanE »

EBWOP - band = bad in 2nd paragraph.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

icemanE wrote:
Doesn't agree with what? He said Greasy was town, then he defended Lowell for not believing Greasy, who claimed a town role. It's totally inconsistent, I'd like to hear TSQ speak for himself on that one, since I'm sure he'll do a fine job.
The two are not tied. That is to say that lowells alignment is not dependant on greasy spots. Lowell is allowed to disagree with me without it being scummy. Seeing as the potential scum motives and town motives for voting the way he has are basically nil, its a null tell. You haven't given any reason for me to believe lowell is scum at all, let ALONE to make me 90% certain that he is scum. When you throw out numbers that big with basically zero reasoning, it is YOU who looks scummy, not the person you're attacking.

Back to the role fishing. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not, thats not the point. In fact, its more a point against you than anything else that you'd ask for information which has no value to you. The point is your asking for information to be revealed which there is no benefit to reveal to the town. This is why I asked you to THINK. Anything he could claim (and I pretty much agree hes not the doc.) would be another town power role outing himself, cop, rb, anything with information revealing himself. If he had alterior information, it is in the towns best interest to keep it hidden, therefore asking for him to reveal any information that is not known is decidedly anti town on your part.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Thestatusquo wrote:

UGH! Stop rolefishing!
This is absolutely Stupid.

YES!!! It's in the towns best interest. How could it not be. If he has something that proves someone is a liar. Spill the beans.

THINK for fucks sake.
And I suppose you are.

This is very townie behavior here isn't it.

My comments to the above are in Bold.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

icemanE wrote:@ Faerie - what motivates you to speak for other players when questions are clearly addressed to only them? You bring in an unnecessary foreign perspective if you answer BEFORE the player is able to. Making conclusions AFTER the other player answers is appropriate, but I think you befuddle things if you answer questions in someone else's place. It simply complicates the matter.
Ditto!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:

UGH! Stop rolefishing!
This is absolutely Stupid.

YES!!! It's in the towns best interest. How could it not be. If he has something that proves someone is a liar. Spill the beans.

THINK for fucks sake.
And I suppose you are.

This is very townie behavior here isn't it.

My comments to the above are in Bold.
lol.

Thats all I have to say to this.

Lol.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:21 am

Post by FaerieLord »

iceman wrote:...I'm no 100% sure what you're saying here. I DID conclude that he bandwagoned (because he did) and he DID vote for someone I didn't agree with... where's the gap? I don't understand why being suspicious of someone for either of those reasons is a band thing. And THANK YOU MASTER for explaining the situation for me, and please, feel free to tell me what I do and don't 'deserve' to use as my avatar. Do you have magical female fairy powers? If not, you don't deserve that avatar.
And that, is being over defensive over there. I may not be the best comedian out there, but I thought I was fairly obvious that I was joking. I couldn't care less what you wear as an avatar. Also, I never said it was a bad thing. I said that you haven't explained anything. You just said "He bandwagons and did something I did." That is not an explanation!
iceman wrote:@ Faerie - what motivates you to speak for other players when questions are clearly addressed to only them? You bring in an unnecessary foreign perspective if you answer BEFORE the player is able to. Making conclusions AFTER the other player answers is appropriate, but I think you befuddle things if you answer questions in someone else's place. It simply complicates the matter.
Simple, because when you are the one being investigated, you get asked questions not ask them. When other people post questions towards you, I find points of interest. I expand on those points, creating points of my own. Post reproduction if you want
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:22 am

Post by FaerieLord »

EBWODP: Damnit. Can the mod fix the tags on this and the previous posts. I'm not used to putting apostrophes in quotes
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:49 am

Post by icemanE »

TSQ wrote: The point is your asking for information to be revealed which there is no benefit to reveal to the town.
I don't want anything revealed. I believe the doc claim.

TSQ wrote: You haven't given any reason for me to believe lowell is scum at all, let ALONE to make me 90% certain that he is scum.
It's not my job to convince you he is scum. However, I don't see Lowell being a town power role because of the way he INITIALLY REACTED at the start of day 2 (he would already have whatever information he was going to have at that stage):
Lowell wrote: vote iceman.

For post 438. He seemed a little to eager to jump on someone for the hammer.
At this point a power role would KNOW if Grease was anything other than town. Why wouldn't he take advantage of the opportunity to get rid of him THEN, when everyone else was piling on him?

When Grease claims, Lowell says:
Lowell wrote: I really hate doc claims.
That was his first comment after the doc claim. That's not something that a power role with more info than the average player says: that's something frustrated scum says. He doesn't say anything that MIGHT indicate that he knows Grease isn't doc until a few posts later, and if he was a power role, THAT would have been the time to start saying "guys, grease ain't the doc." So that's a big part of the reason I'm convinced he's scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

icemanE wrote:
TSQ wrote: The point is your asking for information to be revealed which there is no benefit to reveal to the town.
I don't want anything revealed. I believe the doc claim.

TSQ wrote: You haven't given any reason for me to believe lowell is scum at all, let ALONE to make me 90% certain that he is scum.
It's not my job to convince you he is scum. However, I don't see Lowell being a town power role because of the way he INITIALLY REACTED at the start of day 2 (he would already have whatever information he was going to have at that stage):
Lowell wrote: vote iceman.

For post 438. He seemed a little to eager to jump on someone for the hammer.
At this point a power role would KNOW if Grease was anything other than town. Why wouldn't he take advantage of the opportunity to get rid of him THEN, when everyone else was piling on him?

When Grease claims, Lowell says:
Lowell wrote: I really hate doc claims.
That was his first comment after the doc claim. That's not something that a power role with more info than the average player says: that's something frustrated scum says. He doesn't say anything that MIGHT indicate that he knows Grease isn't doc until a few posts later, and if he was a power role, THAT would have been the time to start saying "guys, grease ain't the doc." So that's a big part of the reason I'm convinced he's scum.
1) Yes you are. Lol. Reread, dude. It has nothing to do with being a doc.

2) Yes, actually, thats exactly what your job is. Your job as a protown player (presumably) is to get scum lynched. The only way to do that is to convince other town players of your suspicions. If you do not do that then you are playing very poorly indeed.

3) Actually, no. This might have something to do with your inexperience. I too hate doc claims, and when I read that I pretty much interpretted to mean "why do they always claim doc" or something similar. This is because something like 70% (number obviously pulled from my ass but you get the idea) of scum fake claim doctor or cop. So much to the point that babyjesus (a great player, btw, you should read some of his older games) once instituted a policy of lynching all doctor claims. So I took lowells "I hate doc claims" much more of a "ughhhh...Now I have to try to determine if he's scum fake claiming" then anything else.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by icemanE »

TSQ, your point #3 is very poor. I have played a good deal at epic mafia and I understand that scum often claim doc. In another game I am currently play, SD Reaper claimed doc and I'm convinced he is scum, so I'm not THAT inexperienced. I understand exactly what's going on here, whether you like it or not. The policy of lynching all doctor claims is retarded, I don't care how good a player babyjesus is. The sort of defense you're putting up for Lowell really makes me feel like you two are the scum. You seem to suggest that you think he's probably some kind of protown power role, and then you post this:

So I took lowells "I hate doc claims" much more of a "ughhhh...Now I have to try to determine if he's scum fake claiming" then anything else.

My point is that you're incorrect about Lowell being a pro town power role. If this game only has a cop and a doctor I can tell you confidently that Lowell is neither.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”