Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

why wouldn't the vigs want to out themselves, be confirmed town, and have a much larger share of influence into who goes to access point and by the same token reduce the amount of influence scum have over who goes to access point?

there's no discussion when it's basically gamethrowing for scum to shoot the conftown there's no benefit for the conftown not to out.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

1 player has to be chosen each day we can't essentially NL. So I agree vigs should out. RC is right about shot directing since distancing/bussing don't really have a place in this setup, 2 scum are always tied.

I have different ideas on how the vig should shoot but I'd rather discuss it later
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

I am a suicidal vig.
RC is correct in this situation. Suicidal vigs out immediately as they cannot be access pointed and they're conftown so we have proven town voices in making decisions. Neither scum or town fakeclaim vig because it would be playing directly against their win condition.
Although RC can you please think about what you're saying before you press submit? You're being slightly harsh here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:17 pm

you misunderstand: I think that it is extremely +rand scum for DDL to be going against me with his claimed super respect for my play. i'm not advocating shutting him out for spite but because his actions don't make sense from what i know of him.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:18 pm

RC is strong town from me, if only because everyone agreeing with him hurts scum a lot. Even if he was proclaimed conftown as scum in this case, it'd be hard for scum to win
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:20 pm

In post 54, RadiantCowbells wrote:you misunderstand: I think that it is extremely +rand scum for DDL to be going against me with his claimed super respect for my play. i'm not advocating shutting him out for spite but because his actions don't make sense from what i know of him.
No, I'm talking about
I agree - combating your idea is similar to someone arguing against their random lynch in aitp, but the strategy here is not widely known. I'm not even sure if this game has been played before.
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by RuiRui »

I'm not a day vig
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm

In post 51, RadiantCowbells wrote:why wouldn't the vigs want to out themselves, be confirmed town, and have a much larger share of influence into who goes to access point and by the same token reduce the amount of influence scum have over who goes to access point?

there's no discussion when it's basically gamethrowing for scum to shoot the conftown there's no benefit for the conftown not to out.
RC - what's to stop scum from killing the people we choose to be in access point if we decide d1?
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by RuiRui »

If the first vig hits town the second one should holster their shot IMO
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm

it's not even about whether we agree that it's town motivated it's about the fact that i've seen him talk about me several times in and out of games like i'm the best thing since sliced bread then he's knee jerk opposing the strategy i suggested
RC - what's to stop scum from killing the people we choose to be in access point if we decide d1?
this is why we need 3 conftown
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by RuiRui »

And yes I'm townreading Radiant Cowbells, interested in what RCEnigma has to say, and null on DDL (not scumreading them being against the claiming)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:23 pm

the hypothetical argument could be made that it lines up scum's shot but scum are going to be able to shoot someone townread anyway
it does make some sense to keep options open going into day 3 particularly given that the final access point doesn't really matter, but.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Not necessarily TGP, scum only need 1 on the mission to make it 3p lylo. Getting a 2 man win is icing on the cake. RC is definitely a player where I can see the scumteam putting the game in his hands and letting him face off in lylo.

Slight town for RC regardless.

This isn't a paranoia post it's an acknowledgement post.
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by RuiRui »

What if scum shoot who we access point every night?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 58, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 51, RadiantCowbells wrote:why wouldn't the vigs want to out themselves, be confirmed town, and have a much larger share of influence into who goes to access point and by the same token reduce the amount of influence scum have over who goes to access point?

They are removed from the game I think?
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by RuiRui »

They can still be nightkilled
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Every Day Phase, town must choose one player to send on the mission. The chosen players will be given a separate PT to chat in, but they may no longer talk in the main game thread, and they cannot be killed.
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by RuiRui »

nevermind, I'm wrong
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm

In post 59, RuiRui wrote:If the first vig hits town the second one should holster their shot IMO
Of course.
If the first vig hits town, the second should obviously holster. We treat the person that they are going to shoot as confscum.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

you guys are being bad players here if you don't acknowledge the fact that dictating 3 players by day 1 has the extraordinarily big fallback of 1 of them is scum. it will make a scum nk-decision straight foward, and can easily propel to lylo loss since the strategy essentially means whoever is sent third should be be most likely scum.

@TGP reactions to this?

that's why rc's strategy makes me extremely leery, since if scum is confident enough that they can propel 1 member onto the 3 member town block, they would strongly advocate for the strategy.

as i said before, look @rc i respect your scumhunt ability a lot, but I haven't seen you do any pure mechanics play. plus the fact that you are taking this issue lightly makes me hesitant.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:35 pm

In post 70, DrDolittle wrote:you guys are being bad players here if you don't acknowledge the fact that dictating 3 players by day 1 has the extraordinarily big fallback of 1 of them is scum. it will make a scum nk-decision straight foward, and can easily propel to lylo loss since the strategy essentially means whoever is sent third should be be most likely scum.

@TGP reactions to this?

that's why rc's strategy makes me extremely leery, since if scum is confident enough that they can propel 1 member onto the 3 member town block, they would strongly advocate for the strategy.

as i said before, look @rc i respect your scumhunt ability a lot, but I haven't seen you do any pure mechanics play. plus the fact that you are taking this issue lightly makes me hesitant.
Yeah, this is my main problem with he 3-person bloc. I think we should do it day by day.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 36, RadiantCowbells wrote:DDL being wrong is pretty standard for you but I'm not used to you obstinately standing in the way of the correct play. Do you think that your understanding of mafia strategy is better than mine? Do you think that my suggestion is scum motivated?

Why do this?
so I guess yeah, I can see your suggestion be scum motivated, actually.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:38 pm

if I'm strongly confident that I can get 1 scum into the 3 member town block why would I not be confident that I can get scum into the access point in general?

you're also acting like there isn't going to be clear frontrunners for the second nomination regardless of whether we rigidly structure it. what does one of them getting shot over the other mean?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:39 pm

all that not determining it day 1 does is reduces the nightkill's and the (presumed town) access pointed players' ability to influence the future access points.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”