armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 6:51 am

Post by armlx »

aioqwe wrote:There are cases against him and I felt there was a strong enough case against him as scum. Furthermore, I don't think that the proper mason play is to claim as what skruffs said would be applicable. Thus, I felt that it was a bad claim and he was scum.
He claimed mason, there is appoximately a 0% chance of him being a recruiter.
Furthermore, if I'm going to counter-claim, I'd make it more obvious. I hate iffy counterclaims that are like, you know, I meat be mason I might not be...
If you are scum, you could also phrase your posts in an iffy way to mislead other people, which is exactly what I believe you were doing.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

Unless he was a fake claiming recruiter. Kind of like how MNOWAX has a 0% chance of being a recruiter, since he's a vig. Right?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

MNOWAX: Your kill goes through before recruits.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 8:05 am

Post by armlx »

Skruffs wrote:Unless he was a fake claiming recruiter. Kind of like how MNOWAX has a 0% chance of being a recruiter, since he's a vig. Right?
I have my doubts about him being vig.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Exactly, that's the point. Skruffs is saying that he had doubts about CKD being a mason.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:11 pm

... That said, the mason wagon is a good place to look for recruiters, since they can get him dead with a lynch without having to spend two recruits (one that doesn't work if CKD is steadfast as he claimed, and one to kill him instead of recruiting someone). Conveniently, one of the wagoners is Beep, my hitherto best bet.
Vote: Beep! Beep!
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Norinel »

vollkan wrote:
Norinel wrote: It is now Day 3, 10 alive means 11 to lynch.
10 alive...11 to lynch :?
Corrected.
mnowax wrote:
Mod:
If i attempt to shoot tonight, then get culted, will my kill go through?
A recruitment will not stop a power role from acting.

Vote Count:

aioqwe (1) - armlx
Beep! Beep! (1) - the silent speaker

Not voting (8): aioqwe, Beep! Beep!, mnowax, NabakovNabakov Skruffs, vollkan, SlySly, Yosarian2

6 to lynch
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by SlySly »

the silent speaker wrote:(one that doesn't work if CKD is steadfast as he claimed
There is no question now, SL was steadfast and CKD wasn't.
Norinel, wrote:
curiouskarmadog (Mason) - lynched Day 2

Springlullaby II (Steadfast Mason) - shot Night 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CKD TRAIN
curiouskarmadog (6) - Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!, NabakovNabakov, Skruffs, aioqwe, armlx
----

THE CKD TRAIN AS SLYSLY SEES IT
curiouskarmadog (6) -
Yosarian2
Beep! Beep!
NabakovNabakov
Skruffs
aioqwe
armlx

no suspicion

seemingly pro-town

highly suspicious
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote: aioqwe
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:52 pm

This is true, but the recruiters wouldn't have known that at the time.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by aioqwe »

armlx wrote:
aioqwe wrote:There are cases against him and I felt there was a strong enough case against him as scum. Furthermore, I don't think that the proper mason play is to claim as what skruffs said would be applicable. Thus, I felt that it was a bad claim and he was scum.
He claimed mason, there is appoximately a 0% chance of him being a recruiter.
Furthermore, if I'm going to counter-claim, I'd make it more obvious. I hate iffy counterclaims that are like, you know, I meat be mason I might not be...
If you are scum, you could also phrase your posts in an iffy way to mislead other people, which is exactly what I believe you were doing.
I'm not making that connections

My intention wasn't to mislead. If I was going to counterclaim I would have stated that it was a counterclaim. The post that I made was meant as I didn't think that that was a good/believable claim (hence, bad claim...).
SlySly wrote:
the silent speaker wrote:(one that doesn't work if CKD is steadfast as he claimed
Norinel, wrote:
curiouskarmadog (Mason) - lynched Day 2

Springlullaby II (Steadfast Mason) - shot Night 3

THE CKD TRAIN
curiouskarmadog (6) - Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!, NabakovNabakov, Skruffs, aioqwe, armlx
----

THE CKD TRAIN AS SLYSLY SEES IT
curiouskarmadog (6) -
Yosarian2
Beep! Beep!
NabakovNabakov
Skruffs
aioqwe
armlx

no suspicion

seemingly pro-town

highly suspicious

Yes, we know now, but recruiters/recruits might pile on because they didn't know if he was steadfast or not yesterday.

Why me, why not skruffs? You liked him yesterday. If your suspicions change then that would imply that I'm a recruit and the proper play would be to focus on recruiters.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 2:04 am

Post by mnowax »

Vote Skruffs
The piling on the wagon just reeks to me. i think that Skruffs was scummy yesterday, but jumping on the wagon yesterday seals it.
Sure one more time for fun.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

MNO:

I voted CKD because it was either him or you. Stop being a jerkwad and open your friggin eyes. If I remember correctly towards the end of the day yesterday you also voted me while saying I Was being suspicious for attacking you when in fact I was trying to dissuade Armlx from getting you lynched as a vig. Why is it that you are ignoring armlx in this situation and attacking me, who was defending your possible vig-role?

Aioque- Did you seriously just say you were a recruit?
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

We'll find out.

Beep! Beep!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:03 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Huh, odd that CKD claimed steadfast when he wasn't. Perhaps he was trying to preclude his own recruitment/lead the cults to an unrecruitable target in the event that he was not lynched/revealed vaguely.

@aio:Why didn't you post your reasons for why CKD's claim was bad yesterday?

armlx's blind acceptance of aio's statement as a counter-claim is bizzare, but I don't really see what scum motivation he could have had for making such an odd assertion with little benefit to be had (CKD was likely going to be lynched regardless of where armlx's vote was and why).

I'm willing to believe that Skruffs voted initially without seeing the claim, but the posts he made (827-9) afterwards seem far sketchier. I'm finding it hard to swallow that Skruffs, after finding the claim, just shrugged his shoulders and said "well, he's been scummy anyway" without thinking at all about the implications of the new information.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:34 am

Post by armlx »

NN: CKD's claim was 100% the right play. In the event he lives, it creates an even bigger WIFOM then not claiming.

Also,
Unvote, FOS aioqwe
. Upon further thought, more likely recruit then recruiter.

Also, SL not being vig throws a kink in my whole mnowax theory. I'm inclined to believe him for now.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by SlySly »

aioqwe wrote:
SlySly wrote:THE CKD TRAIN AS SLYSLY SEES IT
curiouskarmadog (6) -
Yosarian2
Beep! Beep!
NabakovNabakov
Skruffs
aioqwe
armlx

no suspicion

seemingly pro-town

highly suspicious
Why me, why not skruffs?
As you can see in my list, I have you and Skruffs in the same category(highly suspicious). I could just as easily be voting for Skruffs.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 3:59 am

Post by aioqwe »

Skruffs wrote:Aioque- Did you seriously just say you were a recruit?
This is in the same vein as counter claims and such. I would't discreetly do such thing. Anyways, no I'm not claiming. I'm simply pointing out that it is flawed logic to vote for me if you see a sudden change in my behavior. Rather you should look for a recruiter. That said, I need to review the thread a bit more before I can bring to the table any ideas as to who a recruiter might be.

You are asking Mno an interesting question and I want to see it answered. Mno's behavior throughout the entire game seems fishy. I'm trying to comprehend it now.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:02 am

Post by aioqwe »

SlySly wrote:As you can see in my list, I have you and Skruffs in the same category(highly suspicious). I could just as easily be voting for Skruffs.
Would you care to explain your suspicions in a little more depth. For example, how did you ascertain these suspicions?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

SlySly: can you explain your suspicion of the CKD train better? I'm trying to see what youa ret aking out of context and what you aren't.

I'd also like to point out that if there are two cults right now, and they have some successful recruits, then weve as much as lost the game right now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:SlySly: can you explain your suspicion of the CKD train better? I'm trying to see what youa ret aking out of context and what you aren't.

I'd also like to point out that if there are two cults right now, and they have some successful recruits, then weve as much as lost the game right now.
Not really true, since the cults want each other dead as much as anyone else does, and either cult would probably gladly go along with a wagon on the other cult's recruiter at this point.

Personally, both aioqwe's and armix's actions yesterday leave a bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to go reread armix, because I've got a bad feeling about him at the moment.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

aioqwe wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Aioque- Did you seriously just say you were a recruit?
This is in the same vein as counter claims and such. I would't discreetly do such thing. Anyways, no I'm not claiming. I'm simply pointing out that it is flawed logic to vote for me if you see a sudden change in my behavior. Rather you should look for a recruiter. That said, I need to review the thread a bit more before I can bring to the table any ideas as to who a recruiter might be.

You are asking Mno an interesting question and I want to see it answered. Mno's behavior throughout the entire game seems fishy. I'm trying to comprehend it now.
But that doesn't mean softclaiming recruit is going to get you off at this point. Landing a recruiter would be the ideal strategy, but that hasn't worked out so well so far. As this game moves forward, bulk is going to become more important than recruiting power, and it's already moved forward 3 nights without a successful lynch.

Tell us who your leader is and maybe we won't lynch you.

Also, the general sentiment has been that recruits are not good lynch targets. Wouldn't that be an excellent out for a recruiter backed into a corner.

Show us how your behavior hasn't been consistently scummy and maybe we won't lynch you.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I agree. Give us your recruiter and we'll guarantee your group amnesty until the other cult is destroyed. Considering our track record, you may have nothing to worry about. :)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by armlx »

Skruffs wrote:I agree. Give us your recruiter and we'll guarantee your group amnesty until the other cult is destroyed. Considering our track record, you may have nothing to worry about. :)
This post is major lols.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Yup, my recruiter is N-N, skruffs is also in the cult :D
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by aioqwe »

EBWOP: armlx is also with it. Join us, we've got cookies and tigers and niblers and some other stuff.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”