ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by ting =) »

This was one of my first minis... =( I'd really like to actually see one play out and finish it.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by ting =) »

W00t~! 4th page in a row now. something's fishy. =)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 8:14 am

Post by massive »

ting =) wrote:I think the logical conclusion is that it's a vig.
Three
anti town killing roles in a 12 player game? No way. Even if he's not a vig, I'm pretty sure the last killing role is at least a pro-town role.
Yes, and we also had a player making an unwarranted reference to a CPR Doc. I'm just playing semantics here because you were. Even IF Qman is a reckless vig, he's a liability -- but I think I have a better idea of who the vig is now after the last few pages.

I don't want to direct the vig. I just want the vig to understand that he doesn't have to shoot EVERY night, geez.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:37 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

massive wrote:
ting =) wrote: I just want the vig to understand that he doesn't have to shoot EVERY night, geez.
That's not necessarily true. (compulsive vig) Anyway I'm hoping we get a replacement mod soon. Discussion has been really dying down, and I'm not sure how to restart it (discussion) other than getting players to be active or getting a deadline, which, unfortunately, we need a mod for both of those.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by ting =) »

^er, that's massive. also, yes, we need a mod.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Matt_S »

I guess no news is good news?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:14 am

Post by massive »

Actually, no news is ... no news. :D
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:47 am

Post by MeMe »

Alright -- Talitha has kindly offered to take over the modding of this game.

Please PM your roles to her & fill her inbox with praise & thanksgiving!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by ting =) »

yay! =)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hi-de-hi again, everyone. Yep please forward your roles to me and we'll get this show back on the road.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Post by ting =) »

Wee! Thanks talitha. =)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by Talitha »

You're welcome

Vote Count (as I see it)

Qman (2)
- massive, Matt_S
Shamrock (2)
- BridgesAndBaloons, ting =)
massive (1)
- destructor

Not voting:
Khelvaster, Qman, Shamrock

I'll give it a day or so before seeking replacements for a couple of people.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK, I've heard from everyone except for Khelvaster and Shamrock. I'll give them another day or so to reply before replacing them.

Qman asked to be replaced 3 weeks ago - but I'll give him a chance to reconsider before replacing him also.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Talitha wrote:Qman asked to be replaced 3 weeks ago - but I'll give him a chance to reconsider before replacing him also.

God I wish he had told
us
that!

Talitha:
What are your rules for prods? Does a player simply have to pm you, or do they have to write in thread?

*that still means Qman was inactive for over 2 weeks before he asked to be replaced. Shame on him.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Talitha »

People who don't post in the thread will be replaced, otherwise it's not fair to the other players IMO.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by ting =) »

Oh. Okie.

I still want to lynch Shamrock. I guess we have to wait until we have all 8 players active though. It wouldn't be fair to whoever replaces not to have a say.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:18 am

Post by destructor »

My activity in this game is sub-par and I realise that. I'm in the middle of finishing a read for a large game with a strict deadline. This is top of my list once I get that done.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'll go for either a Shamrock or Qman lynch.

And because it's now summer break, I'll be posting less. Yes, it sounds bassackwords, but I can't keep a schedule when I'm free 24/7.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sethaniel replaces Qman - effective immediately.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Sethaniel »

Hello all. Just checking in. I'll read and post by tomorrow night at the latest.
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Welcome to the game.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Sethaniel »

Sorry about this, I'm trying to catch up. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

1. At first this was LOTR themed? I got really lost trying to figure out what was going on the first several pages. I actually thought I might be in the wrong thread.

2. My impression of Qman's posts: He got pissed off at people trying to discuss their previous LOTR flavor, since the roles are flavorless now.

3. I'm suspected of being a vig. SK, Godfather, and Cop all killed in the same night would seem to indicate the presence of a pro-town killing role. Qman mentioned the vig kill, which led someone to call that a tell. Qman posted a lot about tell lists and their uselessness.

Is this about right?
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by ting =) »

1. yes.
2. yes.
3. Not quite. Massive accused you of being a 'killer.' Then he changed his accusation to 'mafia' since the remaining killer role is probably a vig.

Also, hello.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:48 am

Post by massive »

I called Qman a "killer" due to his comments at the beginning of the day. I changed my accusation to "mafia" due to Qman's defense of himself.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Sethaniel »

Mmmm. Let's see. . .

@Matt: are you voting me/Qman due to inactivity, or is there another reason?

regarding massive's case against Qman:
massive wrote:1) His stubborn refusal to allow the town to continue to discuss the theming of the game. The theming of the game, despite being pulled, is still crucial to determining who's scum and who isn't. Qman, upon his replacement, blasted anyone who wanted to use the theming in discussion. He refused to even contemplate it's place in the game. This is not the action of someone who is pro-town; a townie would want to gather as much information as possible.

2) His "interesting kill" comment at the start of Day Two (352). I may be out of practice, but I always pay attention to anyone who says "Jeez, interesting kills, I hope we have a vigilante." I mean, it's in the Wiki for a reason (Common Tells).

3) His defense to my accusations is basically WIFOM. "I'm not dumb enough to do what you're saying."
Regarding point 1: All I can say is, I guess I see where Qman was coming from. After the role PM I got, reading the first few pages was insane. (Although, just from those pages, MattS looks town to me.) I wouldn't have gotten so adamant about "mass nameclaim is a waste of time." My argument would've been something like: I've only played in one theme mini, and read a few others, but it seems to me like most mods put some thought into tweaking the roles or giving safeclaims so that a mass nameclaim doesn't break the game. Again, in my limited experience, mass nameclaiming has led to mislyching more often than not.

Regarding points 2 and 3: This whole thing got dragged into WIFOM hell. IMO, Qman was just pointing out the obvious- three deaths including SK and Godfather means three killers.

Um, I may be reading wrong, but massive's case against Qman seems really scummy to me.

First, he says he's suspicious of Qman because Qman's posts lead him to think Qman is a "killer."
Then, when it's pointed out that his arguments are actually setting up Qman as a potential vig, he says he thinks Qman is Mafia and someone else is the vig.
Also, regarding the debate about vigging Night One etc: kinda looks like massive was advocating lynching Qman even if he was a vig.

Oh well. Here are some thoughts. (Again, y'all will let me know if I totally messed up on the reread, yeah?)

MattS: like I said, his early actions lead me to believe he's town.

massive: looking pretty scummy to me.

ting: you say basically what I was trying to say re: massive and I agree with your posts re: mattS. Definitely leaning toward town. Could you maybe explain to me why shamrock is your vote for today?

destructor: leaning toward town. reading your debate with massive over safeclaims, I'd have to say I agree with your points.

Hey, again, can someone clarify for me--- I'm seeing a bunch of stuff about MattS had a post deleted by the mod and people asking if he's confirmed town because of it?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”