ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by ting =) »

Wait - game's not officially ended yet, k.

I'm not sure, but shouldn't one of the big mod people declare the game finished first?
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:13 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

ting =) wrote:Lovo got lynched without having the majority of votes. He was only at L-1 when it happened. I mentioned it somewhere in one of my posts quite a while back when day 2 started.
Oh, right, I remember now. Yes, that was a bit awkward... But mistakes happen, and if no-one realizes it (including the player whose vote is wrong), there's not much the mod can do about it if it's too late.
I'm fine with long mafia games. If you really want to play, I wouldn't mind hanging on if you can convince/replace the rest.

Same here. :)
Wait - game's not officially ended yet, k.

I'm not sure, but shouldn't one of the big mod people declare the game finished first?
While I don't think we need official approval to abandon a game, we shouldn't do anything until we know how many who wants to keep on going. If just a few people want to quit, they should probably just be replaced, if possible.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:07 am

Post by SensFan »

Korts wrote:I'm dying to know, though, SensFan. Were you really a cop?
Vote: Y
Vote: E
Vote: S
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

So is this game done?
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

I've just been made of the situation here. I will do what I can to get hold of Khelvaster and let him decide what to do...but if he doesn't post here within 48 hours, I will pull the plug. Let me know via PM if you have strong feelings about having it continue and, if I get requests from a majority of you, I'll try to get a replacement mod.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:38 am

Post by SensFan »

MeMe wrote:
I've just been made of the situation here. I will do what I can to get hold of Khelvaster and let him decide what to do...but if he doesn't post here within 48 hours, I will pull the plug. Let me know via PM if you have strong feelings about having it continue and, if I get requests from a majority of you, I'll try to get a replacement mod.
Vote: G
Vote: G

SensFan looks to be awaiting some sort of answer.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by MeMe »

Khelvaster acknowledged my PMed ultimatum and said "OK" to the fact that I was planning to kill it.

Since I didn't get enough requests to continue, the game is now, officially, over. Sorry folks!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Joubert »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Damn you, Khelvaster, DAMN YOU!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by SensFan »

Khelvaster wrote:As a child, you had a very bad accident involving a bicycle, a barbed wire fence, and an angry wolverine. You almost died of an infection that got into your wounds, but your mother was very religious. She believed God's will would save you. This obviously didn't happen, as you were taken away by child protective services before you died and given legitimate medicine. You've also been committing the abductions. By abducting all these people, you hope to drive away the rest of the populace and then loot the abandoned houses. You can also go stake houses out without breaking in, leaving one of your fellow mafia to do the actual abductions. Staking a house out is much easier business, and you will intimidate the house's owner quite a bit. He will see you outside (but not know your identity,) be afraid, and not leave his house that night if he would do so.

This means
you are the mafia roleblocker
. Your atheist tendancies also have led you to be immune to any sort of cult recruitment. You can roleblock one playear per night. Your partners are jeru, mafia Godfather-roleblocker, and xylthixlm, un-NKable mafia.

As an addendum, *DO NOT* claim townie in the event of a mass claim. Trust me on this. The claim you should claim will be obvious when the time comes. I was advised to add these last lines in by the person I made this setup with for balance reasons.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

I'm basically the mafia GF. Pissed as hell when SF claimed that he had a guilty result on me, because if I get lynched, he's proved to not be the cop anyway. In the end, it might have been for the better, because the only chance in heck we have to win this is to get someone in the "confirmed" column and then execute in endgame.

Also, FYI, two person endgame is draw, so the best we could hope for at almost any point in this game was a draw.

Looking back at day 1, I feel like it should have been exceedingly obvious that I was scum by my reaction to lovo's claim. I'm actually moderately pleased that my acting was enough to convince CES. I've been trying to be aware of my meta lately, and I feel like it went well this time.

Anyway, I feel like this scenario favors town
heavily
. The only real chance they have is too keep everyone alive. If they go down to two, they completely lose their nightkill and you basically end up in nightless with a lot less scum than normal. The idea is neat, Khel, but I'm not thrilled with the setup in the end.
<><
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by ting =) »

[quote="khelvaster]You are a very chatty and charismatic person. In fact, you were a former phone-sex operator. As such, you can call one house per night. If you are successful, you will talk the night away to whomever you decide to call, effectivelly occupying them so much that they forget they needed to go do something that night, if they did need to do something.

You are a roleblocker. You win with the town. You can choose one person per night. If they are doing a night action, you will block them.[/quote]

Actually... you might have won. The worse possibility in this scenario was scum bussing. After we lynched SF, you would have been completely suspicion free. After that, you could just arrange yourself with xyl at night and nk the confirmeds. With you as the only confirmed and with nks happening, we wouldn't have figured that xyl was also mafia. :?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Wait, jerub, you were a GF? So does that mean someone else really was a cop? That might have caused some troubles when it came to blocking. Also... Immunity to cults? Scum immune to NK:ing? This wasn't exactly an all-RB setup, was it? Or were those just red herrings to mislead the mafia? >_>

I was a roleblocker, exact same pm as ting =) (phone sex and everything). And yeah, you would've had a good shot at staying alive if we'd lynched SF; you'd be all but confirmed. And if we have a cop and you're a GF... Yeah, wow. Of course, we came VERY close to lynching you, and that wouldn't have been so good from your perspective. :)

Oh, and if anyone now has some spare time, I'm in a pretty nifty game that desperately needs a replacer (we're stuck at night 2 until we get a replacer). PM Rosso Carne if you want in. [/shameless plug]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Post by Korts »

Aww, you get the phone sex and everything, and I get to be the creepy guy? Damn you, evil mod! My PM:
Role PM wrote:You have been keeping a lookout all night for those who are abducting. As such, you can go over to someone's house for the night and take a look at what they are doing. If they leave, they will notice that they are being watched and go back inside, for fear that its someone trying to abduct them. As such, whatever they were going to do won't get done.

You are a roleblocker. You win with the town. You can choose one person per night. If they are doing a night action, you will block them.
Yeah, if jeru would have been lynched, I would have been pretty confused about SF. I mean, that's a pretty unusual and, I guess, stupid way of bussing...

Also, if xyl/BM was unNK-able, that suggests an SK?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by Korts »

Anyway, does that mean that you were faking the PR, SF?
scumchat never die
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Not fair, I want to be a phone sex operator.

I was only a trickster -.-
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:11 am

Post by SensFan »

jerubbaal wrote:I'm basically the mafia GF. Pissed as hell when SF claimed that he had a guilty result on me, because if I get lynched, he's proved to not be the cop anyway. In the end, it might have been for the better, because the only chance in heck we have to win this is to get someone in the "confirmed" column and then execute in endgame.
Yeah.

About that, my Role PM said I was the GF.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:12 am

Post by SensFan »

Korts wrote:Anyway, does that mean that you were faking the PR, SF?
Yep.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Korts »

SensFan wrote:
jerubbaal wrote:I'm basically the mafia GF. Pissed as hell when SF claimed that he had a guilty result on me, because if I get lynched, he's proved to not be the cop anyway. In the end, it might have been for the better, because the only chance in heck we have to win this is to get someone in the "confirmed" column and then execute in endgame.
Yeah.

The PM you quoted doesn't say that.
scumchat never die
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Yeah.

We've had this debate over and over again. The terrible mod inconsistencies, and constant slips really f***ed us over. Part of the reason i replaced out was because i knew that unless we got a new face in here defending Sensfan, we had no hope, as Khelv took it upon himself to mess with the setup part way through the game without telling us. :x

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:53 am

BM: Wait, so why did you suggest SF break his PR, if you knew it wouldn't lead to any repercussions/comments/modkills from the mod? I mean, it looks to me like your best bet was to get SF lynched, thereby semi-confirming jerub. Convincing SF to breaking his PR might have accomplished this, but that doesn't add up with you wanting someone new to defend Sensfan...?

Also, how did Khelvaster mess with the setup? Not sure I caught that. Lastly, it seems to me that it's perfectly clearly stated in SF's role pm that jerub's the GF, not SF?
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Joubert »

Not only the roles were fucked over, I was the element that could have messed up the roleblocks even more...

I was the Serial Killer!
Ha! The only thing I've been waiting for in this game is to imagine your faces of disbelief when you realize that the roleblock chain was all broken because of me...
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:18 am

...So THAT'S why you wanted to keep going? :D Well, it looks like you would've been blocked tonight anyway (I think? Shanba?) (or were you unblockable?) and probably staring down a lynch sooner or later judging from the late but reasonably popular "lynch Joubert" option, but it would've been fun to see how the scum reacted once they realized that someone other than them killed someone. :)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by SensFan »

Korts wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Yeah.

That's not my original PM. That is one that the Mod sent me, when I asked for it to be resent, having had BM ask me why I was bussing the GF.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Joubert »

I was thinking that my kill could redistribute the action chain in a way that I end up at the end of the chain. Since there would have been an odd number of blocked everything in the chain would have shifted and I (and possibly the Mafia also) would be left unblocked at the end of the chain. But it's also possible that I didn't understand the card stack concept at all...
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by ting =) »

sf wrote:That's not my original PM. That is one that the Mod sent me, when I asked for it to be resent, having had BM ask me why I was bussing the GF.
oh.

An sk huh? Hmmm. I wonder how that would have played out.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”