Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Obligatory Random Vote: Rishi

...because apparently random votes are what cool kids do.
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Damn, do I really only have one post so far this game? That wasn't intentional.

My original vote on Rishi was random, but I'm switching it over to nonrandom now that I've been reading a bit. He continually appears to be sowing misdirection; first towards dcorb's lack of avatar and then again for the SD bar meetup conversation.
Rishi wrote:
dcorbe wrote:Not having an avatar is a scum tell now?

I guess all the newbies here are in bad shape then!

@Mr. Blonde: curious why me not voting deserves scrutiny.
Actually, I play in a lot of newbie games as an IC. I'd say that 90% of them will get an avatar if asked.

Unvote, Vote: dcorbe
Rishi wrote:The vote on dcorbe is not because he doesn't have an avatar (though that's not helping). It's his general attitude. He's really defensive and lashing out at people. Pretty much every post he's made has been pissy. This doesn't necessarily mean he's scum - more likely he's just a jerk. But, he seems a good person to pressure, because I think his reaction will be interesting.
These two posts are polar opposites in terms of reasoning. If the vote in the first post was for the reasons in the second, why not put them in the original?
Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm just putting my thoughts down. Derailing a conversation is bad. Saying hey we should hook up for drinks looks like buddying up.
Is real-life buddying up the same as in-game buddying up?

Now, just supposed one of them offers to buy all the drinks and then says, "Hey, I know we're not supposed to discuss the game outside of the thread. But you're a really good player. I respect that. By the way, I'm town in that game."

Then I'd be skeptical.

At least we know they're probably not scumbuddies. You'd think they'd try to arrange a meeting during their PMs in that case.
He then starts this conversation off, which, although it appears to defend Surye and Celebloki, pushes the conversation completely off track for the rest of the page, when the roots of actual discussion were starting.

------
I'd also take a second look at everyone on the farside wagon. One post that's at best semi-suspicious doesn't not an L1 make.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Tekkactus »

While I didn't see dcorbe's defensive streak last time, I'm sure as hell noticing it now. Iceman has a long detailed post, most of which is defending dcorbe and attacking the members of his wagon, but also leaves some suspicion on him due to his erratic voting. dcorbe responds with what some people may consider "fightin' woids":
dcorbe (156) wrote: @icemanE: Re your post (154) You mind explaining why you think I'm scummy instead of trying to subliminally plant the idea into everyone's head?
...then OMGUS attacks him. After Iceman's reply that he's merely dismissing his points, dcorbe again takes on this uppity, snotty attitude:
If I were trying to dismiss your arguments as irrelevant I wouldn't even dignify them with responses.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he attacks me for this. :roll:

@Rishi: Your defense is well put and rightfully considered. I'm still suspicious, but not enough to still warrant a vote.
Unvote
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Tekkactus »

farside22 wrote:To answer my list of pro-town people. I would not want to say too much on my thoughts on why I believe them town.
You keep on saying this, why? There is no benefit to the town by withholding this information.

I'm starting to see why farside is L2.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

At this point I think dcorbe is a better candidate for a lynch than farside.

The evidence of Farside being scum seems to hinge on two main points: her "buddying up" with rofl (Which I don't see as such to begin with; it seems more like a "Good posting" than anything) and her stance on the SD drinking conversation. Granted, there are additional knocks against her but these form the basis of her case. I'll admit she's scummy, but I think we can find a better D1 lynch. Namely, dcorbe.

dcorbe's attitude throughout the game has been notedly acidic. While it would be easy to write this off as his playstyle (some people are just jerks, after all) but a quick search of the other games he's played shows someone cordial, friendly, and overall not the dcorbe I've been playing with at all.

(dcorbe I don't really think you're a jerk IRL.)
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

Apparently expressing an opinion is now a scumtell. Would you mind explaining
why
I'm suspicious, rofl?

Also, I sincerely doubt that dcorbe would have called me out if my post had been directed at anyone else.
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

roflcopter wrote:1)trying to undermine the farside lynch
I can't think of a more opportunistic word than "undermine". You're making me out to be some sort of villain when all I've done is try to slow down the rushed D1 lynch that you spearheaded the bandwagon on. With two NKs a night we should be stretching the lynches we do have as far out as we can.

As for post 209, the key phrase is "starting to see". She did something I mildly disliked and I pointed it out. At no time did I say I was actively suspicious of her, just that I could understand why others were. I didn't vote then and will continue to not vote for her because my opinion that she isn't a good lynch is consistent.

As for my habits as a 'lurker', I have made an effort to post something of value at least every other day. Many things I simply don't see a need to comment on, and I've always been against the notion that chatter is protown. I'd rather make infrequent useful posts than constant shitty ones.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

roflcopter wrote:NEWS FLASH!

tek is so scum with farside
DAMN, YOU CAUGHT US. :wink:
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Korts wrote:gah. sorry guys, I have to get myself replaced, I just can't catch up with this game.

mod, please replace me

-Sigh... looking.
This is an interesting development. I really wonder how Korts' replacement will respond to the fire that he'll enter under.

IcemanE and dcorbe have been going at this banter since the very beginning of the game. Is it conceivable they're partners?
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Muffinhead wrote: Now what is the point in saying that. There are only 3 reasons that I can imagine for doing this

1- hes town using really unecessary sarcasm
2- he is scum making farside look sus so his partner stays alive
3- he is scum thinking he has lost.

Now I doubt reason 1 and really doubt reason 3 leaving him as scum. I would be really intrested to see tek explain this post.
I know what a stretch it is for someone to be sarcastic in
a game being played on the internet
. I was unaware this was such serious business, I'll try not to smile from now on. :rolleyes:
dcorbe wrote:Overall he's being dodgy, evasive and he's actively lurking.
Dodgy and evasive were both pulled out of your ass and don't apply at all. I've answered every question directed at me quickly and clearly, and if you can find an example of one that I might have missed, I apologize for not seeing it originally and I'll answer it.
dcorbe wrote:I would like to see a wagon get going so we can get some more useful information instead of going off into our own individual tangents about who we think is scum and who isn't
"I don't think we should vote on individual tangents. Therefor, I'm going to vote on my individual tangent." Way to go, D. Quality reasoning.

@IcemanE: Last I knew I was #3. When and why did I go up?
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

Being cordial is never a bad thing.

As for there being a "sign" of my sarcasm, there was a :wink: at the end of my post. Also, it was in Caps Lock.

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't give up with no votes on me, either. Use your muffinhead. :P
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Tekkactus »

muffinhead wrote:haha. Ok then tek just wondering who do you think is most likly to be scum so far in the game since you havnt got a vote on anyone?
roflcopter I'm on the fence about. I don't like how his aggressive bandwagoning is casually shrugged off because of meta-reasoning. If this was his first game on MS I think a lot more suspicion would be pointed his way.

farside has done some things that could be seen as scumtells, but I still believe that she's town.

dcorbe is decreasing on my watchlist, but I still think he's scummy.

I'd like to hear more from Killa 7. While Surye and Mr. Blond have been under fire for their lurking habits, he's flown under the radar. Celebloki did very little before he was replaced, as well.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Tekkactus »

roflcopter wrote:
farside22 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:not ignoring your comments. you're ignoring the hints i'm giving you ever more obviously.
I got it. I'm just ignoring because I can't believe you blantantly did that.
oh ok.
<_<
>_>
Why are we whispering?

For the record I just finished a game elsewhere where Day 1 lasted 72 pages. So 17 really doesn't mean much to me right now. I'd rather have a decent lynch than a short day, especially when town has no night actions other than talking.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

roflcopter wrote:if your role pm does not say 'scum with mr. blonde' you should be voting for him right now.
I think this is a bit of an overstatement.

Blonde, you're at L2. I don't want to put you into hammer range until you at least get a chance to defend yourself.

If you opt not to or give a poor defense, though, I have no problem lynching your ass into proverbial grass.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Tekkactus »

So wait, time out.

Rofl says "Oh ok I change my mind farside is obv town now and Tekk is obv scum". Why? Because my second post of the game I point out that Rishi did something off. DIVERGENT THEORIES ARE SCUM THEORIES GAIZ.

This train of logic is grasping and barely sensible, yet it's already garnered me 2 votes and 2 FoSes.

What are these "yesterday's actions" that Muffin and IcemanE bring up, again? That I was distancing myself from farside? Apparently I have two scum buddies now, that's brilliant.

On the subject of distancing, what made rofl's mind change from "farside is def scum" to "farside is prolly town"?
the reason is not so much relevant.
*cough* It kinda is.

Regardless, as IcemanE said, it's in town's best interest to be looking for a Goon today, because crosskills help town.
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

Let's try quoting the
whole
paragraph this time.
icemanE wrote:2. @ the town: Do you think it's a better idea to try to hunt down Rishi's partner today to
get rid of one scumteam, or to try to find the other - the reason I ask is because, like we saw last night, there's the possibility for a crosskill with both teams alive
. Personally I think we should just kill whoever seems scummiest regardless of what we think their faction is, but I'm curious what you all think.
Bolded the part that I was actually talking about.

While we're on the subject of putting words in people's mouths:
This reaction reeks of scum. It's OK to be indignant but stooping down to this negative level does not give me a town vibe.
Caps: He's calling Rofl's theory a scum theory(as in calling the theory made by scum). OMGUSy.
Bolded: I don't recall them actually saying that. Putting words into their mouths to discredit them? I think so.
Caps: The Caps Lock bit was sarcastically pointing out the fact that rofl thinks I'm scum solely because I was suspicious of Rishi when everyone else was attacking farside.
Not
what you claimed it was saying.
Bolded: Go read page 11 please. Spreading outright false information? I think so.

I'm not calling out rofl because OH MY GOD, HE SUCKS. I'm calling out rofl because you're taking his ill conceived bandwagon while saying "Please sir, may I have another?" In case you didn't read back (as hinted at by your earlier comment) I was against this behavior even before it was pointed at me.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Tekkactus »

roflcopter wrote:
tek wrote:I'm not calling out rofl because OH MY GOD, HE SUCKS. I'm calling out rofl because you're taking his ill conceived bandwagon while saying "Please sir, may I have another?" In case you didn't read back (as hinted at by your earlier comment) I was against this behavior even before it was pointed at me.
you just think its ill conceived because its on you.
I think the same of this bandwagon as I did of the farside one, except this time I know you're wrong rather than think.

I can't claim Wolf like you want me to simply because I'm not.

-----
I also just love this whole farside development:

Day 1
rofl: "farside is so totally scum lynch her now."

Day 2
rofl: "farside is town I'm absolutely positive."
Everyone else: "What made you change your mind?"
rofl: "Not tellin'."
Most people: "Oh ok."

Seriously?!
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

Right now, my top 3 are...

Rofl, for the reasons stated,
Killa 7, for his lurkiness combined with that preemptive hammer yesterday,
and Grimmy, for being active in the thread without having actually contributing anything. Additionally, he's defended numbers one and two by using meta-reasoning, which I got blasted for on D1.

Farside and IcemanE are probably town.
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Tekkactus »

I tend not to vote unless I'm certain I'm making the right decision. If rofl's excessive haste and K7's inability to post anything longer than 5 words can be written off as null tells due to meta then calling me out on playstyle just makes you look hypocritical.
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

I'm not Wolf and I'm not a Goon, so there's really nothing I can do or say at this point that will change anyone's mind that I haven't said already.

I'm vanilla town if it means anything (I know it doesn't).

I wonder who rofl is going to be 100% sure is scum tomorrow?
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Since I'm more or less today's lynch, I'd like to get my final thoughts in on how the game will be going once I'm postmortem.

I'm fairly certain IcemanE will be one of tonight's kills. The other one will probably be Dattebayo or roflcopter.
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Since it's twilight I have no reason to hide my alignment anymore.

I'm still town. You fail, rofl.
"Witty quote."
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Told ya.

Oh, and BAH.