Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oh, I certanly agree that Marmalade has been lurking, Pokerface, and you're certanly right we can't let anyone get away with lurking in this game. No specific reason I didn't mention him; there's probably a bunch of lurkers I didn't mention, I haven't gone through and systamatically made a list of who's lurking and who's not.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think Marmalade might be the most important lurker to mention because there was some suspicion on him early in the game, if I remember correctly. Or maybe it was just me that didn't particularly like him.

Also, still not seeing the connection between Surye/Elmo that Skitzer is making...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:46 am

Post by skitzer »

Elmo's statement was not boastful, it may have been him trying to look town. Surye was the one boasting.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Pokerface: What I said about Marmalade before D5 exploded still holds. Of all the lurkers, I'm the least comfortable with his contribution.

However, if he really is gone for good (which it would seem with 10 days of non-posting), perhaps my vote would be better served elsewhere.

(Sorry this post is poorly researched. Working on foreign machinery.)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Elmo »

I could possibly have phrased it better, but I meant what I literally said: I did not think Surye was scum, that is, I was fairly neutral on him and did not agree with most of the wagon against him. In retrospect, his comment on skitzer was a pretty obv scumtell; I should probably have read it closer, but I didn't think Surye was the most productive direction to go in at that point.

I still kind of want CES to die, but I have to admit that's mostly inertia, and I should probably go reread and stuff. I still don't like Yos, and I still have nothing concrete to go with that.

CES: I think you might already have done this, but: you didn't classify NabNab's scumminess, because he's the nominated enforcer, but he was nominated by a townie with no extra information. Why didn't you, and what's your view on him?

Inertia, again, but I still think Marmalade is town.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Elmo wrote:CES: I think you might already have done this, but: you didn't classify NabNab's scumminess, because he's the nominated enforcer, but he was nominated by a townie with no extra information. Why didn't you, and what's your view on him?
Iunno, really. I don't see the purpose of this question. NabNab will die before the end of the game anyway.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Mod:
I'll be away from tomorrow until monday afternoon. Sorry for my absence.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elmo wrote: Inertia, again, but I still think Marmalade is town.
It's the "still" that gets me here. All other mentions you've made on Marmalade were in reference to a sketchy vote you placed on him. What changed? (and be sure to mention the "still")
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I'm an idiot
Mr Stoofer wrote:
ALIGHT

--

Names in
orange
may make a Dynamite attack.

Deadline will be ~3rd June.
I thought the deadline would be on next firday morning but considering how Kuribo took down Surye a bit ahead of time its on the morning of the 3rd of June a tuesday. With CEScum on leave it is now difficult for me to get him to strike a light. I guess I'll have to do it myself on Saturday-Sunday assuming thats what everybody wants. I suggest the enforcer (NabNab) strikes his light at or around the same time. As it stands the vote count hasn't changed, it needs to because everyone at one vote doesn't really say who should blow up who. I'd say my top two suspects are CEScum and Elmo. I'd like to hear Elmo's answer to NabNab's question because I have been considering him as being worse than CEScum. People need to vote who they want to go off now. People like Flameaxe need to post.

@Flameaxe,
please vote or do something. Who would you like to see go off?

^everybody should be asking themselves that question really.

Also there is something i want to say if I'm not here for day 7. I ain't going to lie to you, Yosarian2. Near the end of day 5 alot of your comments seemed to come off as retalitory and omgus. Now mind you they weren't exactly that since you gave some good reasons for thinking as you did, but they still felt like omgus because of the ferocity you were displaying towards those attacking you. I also noticed that you attacked Elmo and Flameaxe for lurking. Yosarian you did attack every lurker except for one. I was keeping track and the one lurker you did not mention was Marmalade. In some ways I was considering you as being scum near the end of day 5 and the possibily, marmalade was a scum buddy of yours.

ATM I don't think you are scum. I'm disagreeing with this day 5 impression. Regardless the thought did cross my mind so I thought I'd get that out there. I still think the possibility of only 3 scum is false. That's about as balanced as a 2-ton elephant walking on a fishing line thin tight rope. But that doesn't mean you can't be in a group of 4. That's all I wanted to say. My suspicions in Elmo and CEScum are alot stronger at the moment.

Everybody needs to start checking in an weighing in on who they want to blow up.

@Marmalade,
on the off chance you are still accessing the site you definatly need to comment aswell.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

PokerFace wrote: I ain't going to lie to you, Yosarian2. Near the end of day 5 alot of your comments seemed to come off as retalitory and omgus. Now mind you they weren't exactly that since you gave some good reasons for thinking as you did, but they still felt like omgus because of the ferocity you were displaying towards those attacking you.
Eh..I really do think that the almost completly logic-less bandwagon against me yesterday was pretty darn scummy, and that my attacks for, for example, NN was based on scummy behavior and not on OMGUS. That being said, I was also pretty darn frustrated by the nature of the wagon on me, and I'm sure that probably came through in my posts as well.
I also noticed that you attacked Elmo and Flameaxe for lurking. Yosarian you did attack every lurker except for one. I was keeping track and the one lurker you did not mention was Marmalade. In some ways I was considering you as being scum near the end of day 5 and the possibily, marmalade was a scum buddy of yours.
(nods) Yeah, I figured what you were getting at.

I can understand why you might think that there could be a link there. The truth is, though, I just hadn't ever taken the time to go through and made a complete lurker list, and I had basically compeltly forgotten Marmalade was even in the game. Flameaxe was really noticable with the way he appeared, agreed with everyone else's suspicions without any reasons, and then vanished again; and Elmo and Elvis had both gotten my attention by having some content earlier in the game but then kind of vanishing later.
ATM I don't think you are scum. I'm disagreeing with this day 5 impression. Regardless the thought did cross my mind so I thought I'd get that out there. I still think the possibility of only 3 scum is false. That's about as balanced as a 2-ton elephant walking on a fishing line thin tight rope. But that doesn't mean you can't be in a group of 4. That's all I wanted to say. My suspicions in Elmo and CEScum are alot stronger at the moment.
Fair enough. At least you're posting and sharing your thoughts.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 11:20 am

Post by skitzer »

Oh, I don't have a good second candidate for Elmo...Marmalade and elvis seem the only ones reasonable to me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Mod - Mr. Stoofer, any chance you could extend the deadline and send out some proddings?
Marmalade - not posted since May 8th
Flameaxe - not posted since May 11th

Everyone else has at least posted once during day 6

STRIKE A LIGHT

NabNab should be doing this at sometime today aswell, or else I may have to kill him for not fufilling his enforcer duties. I am not sure who I'll target at this time (Elmo, CEScum, NabNab, Yosarian) those are people I actually have either large or small suspicions on.

According to the math I gave here earlier in the game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 39#1044839
We could theoretically afford a no-lynch, but since we are not really at a stage where there are alot of suspicions or improving our odds is optimal, I don't think a no-lynch would be good play at this point. I strike a light at this time in an attempt to get scum and keep the town and this game alive.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

*Current deadline is June 3rd*

I don't know if stoofer will be able to move the deadline or not so having someone with a light struck right now is indeed necessary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote Count info of Day 6:

Cogito Ergo Scum - 1(PokerFace)
PokerFace - 1(Cogito Ergo Scum)
Marmalade - 1(NabNab)
NabNab - 1(Yosarian2)
Elmo - 1(Skitzer)

Not Voting - (Elmo, Elvis, Erg0, FlameAxe, Marmalade)

10 people alive so it should be 6 votes needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*If I missed anything please correct me*

IT HAS NOT CHANGED AND SHOULD. WITH EVERYONE AT ONE VOTE IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE A CONSENSUS WILL BE REACHED AND THAT IS NOT GOOD.

Yet I am a fan of gambling, I am PokerFace.
<<Considers rolling a dice to help decide who gets hit among those voted once... :lol:
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:54 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

STRIKE A LIGHT

Doesn't look like we've made much progress today.

*shrug*

Town, tell me who to 'splode and they shall be 'sploded.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Elmo »

Think it's appropriate to strike up, now.

STRIKE A LIGHT
- I should be clear this is not some guarantee to blow someone up.

Nabnab: I believe I mentioned it in 257, but I can see how it'd get lost in there. I just find the way he attacked me townish; the last time someone acted that way, they were town.

I should probably re-skim; I don't really know who I want to kill, for once, but I'm leaning towards Yos, and I still can't explain why. I feel like I should be doing something, but I'm not sure what.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote skitzer

I think his case on elmo is lame.

I will try to look around if I can put my vote on someone who already has a vote, but my real first choice is skitzer.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Flameaxe »

So who's scum?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Flameaxe wrote:So who's scum?
You would be a pretty good bet, considering you have about half a line of posting per page. Tactical lurker?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
You would be a pretty good bet, considering you have about half a line of posting per page. Tactical lurker?
Lazy townie?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Laziness or not you need to look at what has been happening and say something. Also Elmo would you mind giving some reasons for wanting Yosarian to die?

If I were to pick between elmo or NabNab to go off I'd pick elmo. I'm not sure if I'll blow up CEScum or not. I am not a fan of the idea of attacking a man when he is not around to do anything about it. Ain't entirely sporting so I may choose to take out Elmo should you guys vote for that more. I give no gaurantees either way since voting is still suppose to be going on. People playing need to vote and say who they want to go off and if they have a preference on which of the three struck should go off. I don't want to go off/blow up someone else without some ammount of consent from others, that is important.

Regardless I'll see if I can modify my sleep schedule so that I'm awake to go off at least an hour before 9am BST tuesday since that has been Stoofer's traditional deadline time so far. If Stoofer has not moved the deadline and someone else has not already gone off, i'll figure out who I'm hitting and go off at that time. The person I hit will either be whoever has most votes or someone I mentioned suspecting earlier.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Hi all, I am back.

The deadline will hit in 15 hours and 27 minutes from this post.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well it looks like Stoofer is not going to move the deadline. NabNab or Elmo if one of you wants to make the kill be my guest I won't be killing until the time I specified earlier. If you think I won't be awake then go ahead and do it. I should be able to be awake at that time if I plan things out right. If I later feel there is no way I'll be awake I'll let you know and make the kill earlier.

Still not sure who I'll hit, most likly CEScum or Elmo or someone the players support. Other options I have considered but will probably not do would be NabNab or Yosarian. How they got on the sarc wagon and touched on surye's scuminess would be only reasons, I suspect them very slightly. Only vote that has changed is Elvis voted Skitzer for reaching in his case on Elmo. Skitzer's comments on Surye being connected to Elmo through Surye's post are a bit of a reach from my point of view but the connection from a view of Elmo's posts don't seem like a stretch to me.

Something I can't explain that has crossed my mind while writing the above. I got a feeling "somebody wants" me to kill Elmo. Threat of this being lylo and mislynch ending the game paranoia perhaps, but I want to get all my thoughts out there before I go off. Make no mistake I will do all in my power to make the right choice should it become necessary

All three of us have been lit for over 24 hours by now so at least that's good.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

As far as I can tell, the only person who really wants elmo dead is skitzer.
Talk nerdy to me.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Elmo is an obvobv bad kill.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:19 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Flameaxe wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Lazy townie?
Not buying it. This game is the perfect situation for lurkers, you've acted the part of the perfect lurker.

Note to town
: I will blow up Flameaxe in roughly 8 hours if no better alternatives are presented/somebody doesn't beat me to the punch.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”